The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by bepanda »

Data about whom are you interested in?
How long have you been an Arsenal fan?

Bepanda
bk-one wrote:
bepanda wrote:The Ozil love fest. Arsenal fans still don't learn. Ozil is good 1 game out of 4. Good luck watching gras grow in the next few weeks. Ozil will most likely start ... and walk the pitch after 15 minutes, and beach when replaced.
Been there, done that. There is plenty of data to substantiate this. Emotional fans getting blown by 45 minutes against Liverpool reserves. Only Arsenal fans do this.
I'm sorry, but you don't build a top 4 team around a player who is constantly inconsistent. Always emotionally drained or distant, is very lazy, doesn't care much about fans.
Coaches aren't paid to make emotional decisions.

Emery's problem: He has walked away from his own philosophy to accomodate critics.
His team has played well in a 352. Where chances are created from the wing, not the middle. This season, he hasn't played 3 5 2 because he insists on playing a non-athletic player (Xhaka) in a DM role.
But, it is not just Xhaka. Many players have been very poor.
Ceballos/Willock were to replace Ramsey/Ozil in the heart of the midfield.
Willock is a typical English player, who has the nose for goals. But very poor positioning, ball control, technically weak, ...
Ceballos is scared to shoot on goal. He has scored 4 goals in 3 years at Real Madrid. He can't play behind strikers, because he seems to need lots of space to operate.
Seems like a poor version of Matteo Guendouzi.
Lucas Torreira: Not sure he fits in the EPL.
That essay is good bro. I am more interested in that data you are saying is available. Can you provide us with it?
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

bepanda wrote:Data about whom are you interested in?
How long have you been an Arsenal fan?

Bepanda
bk-one wrote:
bepanda wrote:The Ozil love fest. Arsenal fans still don't learn. Ozil is good 1 game out of 4. Good luck watching gras grow in the next few weeks. Ozil will most likely start ... and walk the pitch after 15 minutes, and beach when replaced.
Been there, done that. There is plenty of data to substantiate this. Emotional fans getting blown by 45 minutes against Liverpool reserves. Only Arsenal fans do this.
I'm sorry, but you don't build a top 4 team around a player who is constantly inconsistent. Always emotionally drained or distant, is very lazy, doesn't care much about fans.

Emery's problem: He has walked away from his own philosophy to accomodate critics.
His team has played well in a 352. Where chances are created from the wing, not the middle. This season, he hasn't played 3 5 2 because he insists on playing a non-athletic player (Xhaka) in a DM role.
Willock is a typical English player, who has the nose for goals. But very poor positioning, ball control, technically weak, ...
Ceballos is scared to shoot on goal. He has scored 4 goals in 3 years at Real Madrid. He can't play behind strikers, because he seems to need lots of space to operate.
That essay is good bro. I am more interested in that data you are saying is available. Can you provide us with it?
You said you have readily available data on Ozil(to substantiate).
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Ozil playing very well at Anfield, but Emery gets scared, pragmatic and defensive, so he takes off Ozil in the attacking creative position and brings on Guendouzi. We all know what happened after Ozil left the pitch in terms of creativity and goals.

Even more strange was he brought on Ceballos for Torreira for no reason whatsoever. Torreira would gave been a better option defensively and in terms of retaining the ball, Ceballos gave it away like he did on Sunday. What is worse, Ceballos was supposed to provide cover and ball retention on that left side, he offered neither

Criminality, Emery left the young exhausted Saka who looked spent for a full half an hour before the 90. Instead he took off Kolasinac and kept Saka on when he brought on Tierney. We lost the game on that left side. With Tierney the only one defending on that left side, Liverpool had the key to the door and they got their goal from there.

In any way you do the analysing, come 90 minutes, his subs had altered the game for the worse eventually playing key roles in the goals we conceded and the missed penalty.

Man! Emery just tire me. :mad: :-x :veryangry:
It's all the players fault according to cybereagles expert.
Man me, there are some things we can blame Emery for but on the pitch, the blame for the final equaliser lies squarely with the guy who was supposed to be tracking the Liverpool player racing to our corner area and then slowed down. The Liverpool player then picked up acceleration and crossed into the box which Guendo was unlucky not to have headed away.

You can't blame Emery for that. Can yer? Let's be fair when we dole out the blame abegi.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Skylolo wrote:Denis Suarez, Ceballos etc... :lol: :lol: there is only one king in North London, the fans know it, Arsenal players know it and Emery will accept it or leave.....his name is Mesut Ozil.

If he wants to be lynched out of the Emirates, make e no start Ozil at the weekend against Wolves. ...useless manager :curse:
You have to hope that Ozil will be physical enough for that game. Wolves do not play and they have a wrestler of a winger in Adama Traore.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Emeribe should just keep benching Ozil. If the team is not set up for Ozil, he will only end up being a scape goat for crazy Arsenal fans.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

cchinukw wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Ozil playing very well at Anfield, but Emery gets scared, pragmatic and defensive, so he takes off Ozil in the attacking creative position and brings on Guendouzi. We all know what happened after Ozil left the pitch in terms of creativity and goals.

Even more strange was he brought on Ceballos for Torreira for no reason whatsoever. Torreira would gave been a better option defensively and in terms of retaining the ball, Ceballos gave it away like he did on Sunday. What is worse, Ceballos was supposed to provide cover and ball retention on that left side, he offered neither

Criminality, Emery left the young exhausted Saka who looked spent for a full half an hour before the 90. Instead he took off Kolasinac and kept Saka on when he brought on Tierney. We lost the game on that left side. With Tierney the only one defending on that left side, Liverpool had the key to the door and they got their goal from there.

In any way you do the analysing, come 90 minutes, his subs had altered the game for the worse eventually playing key roles in the goals we conceded and the missed penalty.

Man me, there are some things we can blame Emery for but on the pitch, the blame for the final equaliser lies squarely with the guy who was supposed to be tracking the Liverpool player racing to our corner area and then slowed down. The Liverpool player then picked up acceleration and crossed into the box which Guendo was unlucky not to have headed away.

You can't blame Emery for that. Can yer? Let's be fair when we dole out the blame abegi.
Saka was tired.....everybody could see that but Emery decided that he will rather keep him on because the plan was to take of Torreira and Ozil. Its on him....any other manager would have seen that the kid was tired.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Nkume wrote:Emeribe should just keep benching Ozil. If the team is not set up for Ozil, he will only end up being a scape goat for crazy Arsenal fans.
Couldn’t agree more, Nkume.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Skylolo wrote:Denis Suarez, Ceballos etc... :lol: :lol: there is only one king in North London, the fans know it, Arsenal players know it and Emery will accept it or leave.....his name is Mesut Ozil.

If he wants to be lynched out of the Emirates, make e no start Ozil at the weekend against Wolves. ...useless manager :curse:
Did you notice the common factors between those players? They are players that have crossed Unai path earlier in his career. Things that make you wonder.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:

Unlucky or badly positioned. That goal was scored from the position he (or a natural DM) was supposed to be marking. Note Origi in scoring that goal had to track back stretch his leg and do a sagalo to score that goal. That wasn't an easy goal to score.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My fellow goons i greet ooh,Wolves next how do you line up in such game with mad man Adama in line up for them with speed like a car?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote:
azuka wrote:Arsenal fans abeg una wicked.

I didn't watch the match but reading all the comments on Musti goals i actually thought he back passed or kicked the ball into his own net. However watching the match now with several replays of the goal, Musti was simply unlucky. There was a cross and he was well positioned to deny a Liverpool striker who was positioned for a simple tap in from the cross. Then he slipped in the process of clearing the ball and the ball rebounded off his knees into the net.
But the way the poor guys was being crucified was beyond believe. Dammnn. Scapegoating him as usual after listening to those hungry Britico analysts on tv. smh.
Woow, in all 90 minutes Musti only put his foot wrong 3 times that's adding the unfortunate goal caused by the ball that rebounded off his knee into the net when he slipped. The other two were when under pressure he made a short back pass that was nearly intercepted and when Origi gained advantage on him when they both went for the ball.
In my opinion he was our best defender for the night. Some of our defenders were virtually missing all night. Most of the headings in the defence was won by him. Yet here we have him being crucified simply because some british analyst said so. It's sad really when Arsenal fans fail to read the match properly and based their judgement on what some analyst said. He's not really as bad as people make him out to be.

On Emery? Huffing and puffing as usual on the touch line. 'nuff said.
This is partially the problem with Arsenal. Your fans now accept sh111t! In a top club, a defender cannot afford to put his foot wrong ONCEEE!! talkless of 3 times! WTFF?!!!!! When you play for a Championship ambition club, one mistake could ruin that ambition! just one mistake! Talkless of 3 mistakes and you think that is nothing?? Then you add David Luiz who sold his soul to the devil and in that transaction, promised the devil that he will make atleast one mistake every game for the rest of his career. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: How do you expect to ever win a title?

I know players are humans and humans make mistake, but I am trying to tell you about the expectations of a top club defender and what will not be tolerated!

Mustafi was horrid at Everton and failed there. Went to Sampdoria and did very well, and Valencia took him. At Valencia he was very average. I told you guys not to touch him because I know him very well. You guys didnt listen and only Kajifu took my warnings seriously. Mustafi is NOT good enough for Arsenal. Not even close.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:

That is what you will never get because it does not exist. Also, we have talked systems, you saw what happened yesterday with two systems.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:My fellow goons i greet ooh,Wolves next how do you line up in such game with mad man Adama in line up for them with speed like a car?
Very easy, just say "Hola Dani!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:

Did you notice the common factors between those players? They are players that have crossed Unai path earlier in his career. Things that make you wonder.
First off, Emery knows it, the Arsenal board know it. At the Emirates, they chant his name when he is not even in the squad. Last game it was especially bad for Emery because in the midst of the toxic atmosphere, only the chanting of Ozil's unified the fans.

If Ozil returns as a starter, it will be because the fans have forced this issue. The player has also not harmed his prospects by playing well enough for the fans to continue bringing his name to Emery's attention.

The problem is, will Emery play a system that gets the best of Ozil's talents. It is no point playing Ozil with Ceballos and Guendouzi in a flat 4-3-3. The system has to be 4-2-3-1, with Torreira a starter with Guendouzi as the double pivot if he chooses to play Luiz as a CD.

Finally if Ozil does not start against Wolves and we are not winning, or do not win, Emery will be in big trouble with the fans.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

azuka wrote:

They make one wonder indeed....funny enough I like both players they are good but there are levels in football......these dudes probably trained at Arsenal on day 1 and thought to themselves have I been brought in to replace that guy? :mrgreen: :rotf: No please let me learn from him..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
To God be the glory
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

First off, Emery knows it, the Arsenal board know it. At the Emirates, they chant his name when he is not even in the squad. Last game it was especially bad for Emery because in the midst of the toxic atmosphere, only the chanting of Ozil's unified the fans.

If Ozil returns as a starter, it will be because the fans have forced this issue. The player has also not harmed his prospects by playing well enough for the fans to continue bringing his name to Emery's attention.

The problem is, will Emery play a system that gets the best of Ozil's talents. It is no point playing Ozil with Ceballos and Guendouzi in a flat 4-3-3. The system has to be 4-2-3-1, with Torreira a starter with Guendouzi as the double pivot if he chooses to play Luiz as a CD.

Finally if Ozil does not start against Wolves and we are not winning, or do not win, Emery will be in big trouble with the fans.
Let us hope he has learnt his lessons Waffiman, imagine Ozil taking over the creative duties as should have been the case from day 1. Giving Pepe the opportunity to use his qualities 1v1 against the opposition in and around the box....with Auba and Laca picking up the pieces. :drool: . I agree with the CM's you have suggested for the system to work....
To God be the glory
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Ozil will not be on the team list for wolves.

I am sure Emery felt he would lose the game in liverpool and wanted to hang it on Ozil, the game plan was to plan Ozil, get destroyed and blame it on Ozil.

When that plan was failing he decides to remove Ozil and the game he could have won finally went as planned ...only this time he could not blame Ozil ..

So now we blame who ...

Mustaffi and AMN in tha order...

The blame lineup...

Ozil
Xhaka
Mustaffi
AMN

When these leave the club..we would promote a few more to the constant blame lineup.

A coach who decides a formation and get petulant when players on the field see its not working try to play something else and he tosses them lol... ok o ...una recall how twice he has tossed Pepe now for playing against direction ?...

If Pepe like imself he better fall in line or he will join the list above :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

I'm willing to give him time but i have my reservation .
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Skylolo wrote:
azuka wrote:

They make one wonder indeed....funny enough I like both players they are good but there are levels in football......these dudes probably trained at Arsenal on day 1 and thought to themselves have I been brought in to replace that guy? :mrgreen: :rotf: No please let me learn from him..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sky my son said the same thing yesterday.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Nkume wrote:Emeribe should just keep benching Ozil. If the team is not set up for Ozil, he will only end up being a scape goat for crazy Arsenal fans.
Crazy indeed...solid point, Nkume.

Anyways, it was good to see Mesut gliding all over the pitch pinging sweet passes, with shoulder drops here and there. Man's IQ is on another level. I admit his workrate isn't the best, but my goodness, the guy get eye for a pass.

Did anyone see the setup for AMN's goal? My my my...most players would have tried to force that ball into the net, but Mesut simply dropped an audacious backheel, selling the defender, and made it possible for Niles to score the easiest goal of his life. Somethings you just can't buy with money.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Cally wrote:

Anyways, it was good to see Mesut gliding all over the pitch pinging sweet passes, with shoulder drops here and there. Man's IQ is on another level. I admit his workrate isn't the best, but my goodness, the guy get eye for a pass.

Did anyone see the setup for AMN's goal? My my my...most players would have tried to force that ball into the net, but Mesut simply dropped an audacious backheel, selling the defender, and made it possible for Niles to score the easiest goal of his life. Somethings you just can't buy with money.

Ahhh Cally you dey find trouble from Bepanda and Sleaky72 o ..dem go abuse you soon for this.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Couldn't have put it any better bro... :clap: :clap: Head scratching subs and game management did us in!!

"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Cally wrote:

For me the pick of the night was when he dispossessed a Pool player of the ball and in that same move without stopping the ball set up Saka for the move that resulted in a goal. That was simply an impossible move.