The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Sleaky72 »

Azuka,
Bruv are u seriously trying 2 tell me that all these guys were being dropped out of malice borne of sum kinda PTSD from Paris? Nah u gotta do better than that. Ur theory can’t be accepted becuz following your argument AUBA should have been dropped becuz he is a bigger fan favorite and more acclaimed than all UV the others. So nah ... I’m not buying yer conspiracy theory :sneaky: :sneaky:
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

The coach is not innocent in this process. I have already told you where I feel that Emery has failed miserably.
If you don't play AMN/Chambers, who do you play? The coach's choices are what they are. The defensive mistakes that AMN/Chambers are doing have nothing to do with the fact that they are playing right back.
Personally, I don't rate Chambers or AMN as Arsenal caliber players. I believe Arsenal should spend big money on a commanding CB and a physical DM. Arsenal needs steel in the middle of the park. Arsenal needs players who won't shy away from contact and challenges. Arsenal really needs a few players with their "Take no prisoners" attitude.
Bepanda
Siddonlook11 wrote:
bepanda wrote:What is someone's natural position again?
When you lose a head ball in the box, foul a player in the box, consistently day-dream and are late on tackles ... what does that have to do with "natural" position?

How does 352 help the team? Last season, Emery went on 22 games without losing. He was trying out various formations to see what best fit the team he inherited. When we played 352, we created lots of chances, especially from the wings. Bellerin and Kolasinac were excellent creating chances. 352 also gives us an extra defender. With an extra defender, we don't need to rely on a "non-existent" DM. Let's be honest, we don't have a DM. Torreira, Xhaka, Guendozi aren't true DMs. David Luiz is best suited for 352. Wingbacks AMN and Kola/Tierney would get extra protection from another defender.
With 5 midfielders, we won't ask Auba to come back and get the ball in midfield. Instead he will just stay in the box and finish, which is what he does best. However, Auba and Laca can't start together.
Thanks for this ....

So you still acknowledge that the buck stops with Unai ? Who he plays, what formation he plays etc are not determined by the players... He experimented a lot and has enough data to make the right calls and he does not seem to do that right.

Your response to natural position is tells me that you are ok with a square peg in a round hole.. Your 3-5-2 formation examples has Bellerin and Kola doing well last season , but you expect that Chambers and AMN making schoolboy errors has nothing to do with them feeling comfortable in the role they play.

I hope Bellerin coming back will fix that issue and save the careers of Chambers and AMN because I Fear they will be the next targets after Ozil and Xhaka move on.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ohenhen the selling fan who feels issues are only corrected by buying and selling already indicated the 4 of them be sold plus Kola lol..
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Eighteen months on, he still hasn't mastered English to any sort of acceptable level. What are his tactics? Is he a pressing manager, is he counter-attack, is he possession? We just don't know.
[/quote]

Azuka, I said it repeatedly but it seems people focused on their prejudices can’t get it. Emery is his own worst enemy. Whatever he is trying to do or communicate 2 the lads clearly isn’t coming thru. The message is either too confusing or they have been too Wengerized 2 change. Emery is a very smart man. His Sevilla and PSG teams played some beautiful, dynamic and adaptable football. In some games last season we also looked flowing, buoyant and looked to have turned a corner. Somewhere and somehow the man has lost his way. Yeah, injuries and stupid player decisions haven’t helped but he has also been his own worst enemy. It’s clear the team needs a simpler, clearer mission with easily defined roles, and players playing positions that best suit them. Why he is being stubborn and resistant 2 this, is beyond me. It’s like he is determined to speed down the highway to ruin with no brakes. Oh well, life moves on. Like I said B4, Fredo will be Coach by Christmas if things don’t improve.

And I can understand Fredo saying nothing bc he prolly believes he will be the next Coach, but what are all those assistants watching that they can’t advise the man to change things up?[/quote]

And i do agree with you on most of what you said here. The answer to your question the bold part is simple. He's suffering from Neymar hangover.[/quote]
I don’t see the parallel but respect ur opinion[/quote]

If you read about his experiences in PSG you will understand the parallel. He has an issue with players who are fan favorites. Examples abound. This is what i termed the Neymar hangover.[/quote]
Again where is the parallel? You’re talking in tangents. I keep hearing this argument and I don’t see it. Are you comparing Neymar to Ozil? Please[/quote]

You see that's the problem. Must everything be about Ozil? When i first raised alarm on Emery last year, you all thought it's all about Ozil.
I think Let's start in reverse order: Of recent fan favorite Torreirra has been dropped. And even when he's played he's played out of position. Remember Laca how the crowds at the Emirates forced Emery's hand? Or is it too early to forget that Ramsey too was denied playing minutes until his contract with Juve was announced? Or have you forgotten how Nacho was being benched while Emery persisted with playing Xhaka in LF and LCD?
Ask yourself what these have in common? They are all fan favorites. That's what i meant by Neymar's hangover.[/quote]

It's Pepe's turn.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“If you don't play AMN/Chambers, who do you play? The coach's choices are what they are. The defensive mistakes that AMN/Chambers are doing have nothing to do with the fact that they are playing right back.
Personally, I don't rate Chambers or AMN as Arsenal caliber players. I believe Arsenal should spend big money on a commanding CB and a physical DM. Arsenal needs steel in the middle of the park. “
Bepanda keep making sense. Problem is that those with such a high and mighty spiteful agenda can never see this.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Sleaky72 wrote:
“If you don't play AMN/Chambers, who do you play? The coach's choices are what they are. The defensive mistakes that AMN/Chambers are doing have nothing to do with the fact that they are playing right back.
Personally, I don't rate Chambers or AMN as Arsenal caliber players. I believe Arsenal should spend big money on a commanding CB and a physical DM. Arsenal needs steel in the middle of the park. “
Bepanda keep making sense. Problem is that those with such a high and mighty spiteful agenda can never see this.

I see you conveniently missed the first part of B's message , because it does not support your narrative , I am posting here again with the part you quoted... :rotf: :rotf:

The coach is not innocent in this process. I have already told you where I feel that Emery has failed miserably.
If you don't play AMN/Chambers, who do you play? The coach's choices are what they are. The defensive mistakes that AMN/Chambers are doing have nothing to do with the fact that they are playing right back.
Personally, I don't rate Chambers or AMN as Arsenal caliber players. I believe Arsenal should spend big money on a commanding CB and a physical DM. Arsenal needs steel in the middle of the park. Arsenal needs players who won't shy away from contact and challenges. Arsenal really needs a few players with their "Take no prisoners" attitude.
Bepanda
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

[quote="bepanda"]The coach is not innocent in this process. I have already told you where I feel that Emery has failed miserably.
Bepanda

So we are agreed that Unai Emery has failed ...

To the issue of players, we differ, I think the players we have are good enough to make top 4 , yes we need the additions like most teams do..however with good caoching we could make do with what we have.

To fire Emery will cost money and to buy players will cost money, to lose out on top 4 will cost money and it end the end the solution to our problems with be a combination of all these variables.

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Why are people wasting Energy arguing with Sleaky, Kajifu, and Ohenhen?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assanal CE spammers, Frankfurt beat the crap out of Bayern are you people ready :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
bepanda wrote:The coach is not innocent in this process. I have already told you where I feel that Emery has failed miserably.
Bepanda

To the issue of players, we differ, I think the players we have are good enough to make top 4 , yes we need the additions like most teams do..however with good caoching we could make do with what we have.

To fire Emery will cost money and to buy players will cost money, to lose out on top 4 will cost money and it end the end the solution to our problems with be a combination of all these variables.
There are many free learning tools on the internet that help with English reading and comprehension. I’ve written about Coach Emery’s failings ad nauseam, even moreso today. If u need help reading please seek it. It’s free and readily available.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Sleaky do you think Emery is the man to lead Arsenal to a league title in the near future. Two should Emery fail to qualify for the Champions League should that lead to his firing?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

kalani JR wrote:Sleaky do you think Emery is the man to lead Arsenal to a league title in the near future. Two should Emery fail to qualify for the Champions League should that lead to his firing?
Lemme ask your this, do you think Klopp, Guardiola or anyone could lead this bunch to a league title? Wenger had over a decade and couldn’t even finish in the Top four in his final years, talk less of winning a league title. Come on let’s be realistic. Like I’ve said repeatedly and no one seems to listen but only goes with their emotions, if he continues with his bird brained system and keeps playing people out of their position, and starting stupid lineups then Fredo should take the reins B4 Christmas. The man is much better than this. I really don’t understand this kinda perverse self destructive stubbornness.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Sleaky72 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Sleaky do you think Emery is the man to lead Arsenal to a league title in the near future. Two should Emery fail to qualify for the Champions League should that lead to his firing?
Lemme ask your this, do you think Klopp, Guardiola or anyone could lead this bunch to a league title? Wenger had over a decade and couldn’t even finish in the Top four in his final years, talk less of winning a league title. Come on let’s be realistic. Like I’ve said repeatedly and no one seems to listen but only goes with their emotions, if he continues with his bird brained system and keeps playing people out of their position, and starting stupid lineups then Fredo should take the reins B4 Christmas. The man is much better than this. I really don’t understand this kinda perverse self destructive stubbornness.
So what are expectations for Emery? Match latter-day Wenger or slightly improve on it?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
bepanda wrote:The coach is not innocent in this process. I have already told you where I feel that Emery has failed miserably.
Bepanda

There are many free learning tools on the internet that help with English reading and comprehension. I’ve written about Coach Emery’s failings ad nauseam, even moreso today. If u need help reading please seek it. It’s free and readily available.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Sensitive Sleaky !! you can make the same point without being condescending - my comment was not about reading , you EDITED something and ignored the part that you did not agree with and I pointed it out ...that has nothing to do with reading comprehension its fradulent and deceptive the same things you accused Nkume of doing earlier.

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Remember when Arsenal fans complained about being second? It was not too long ago. Arsenal just had their best transfer market in 15 years, and Emeribe cannot even play enjoyable football. Mek I Laugh...
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Bepanda

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Sensitive Sleaky !! you can make the same point without being condescending - my comment was not about reading , you EDITED something and ignored the part that you did not agree with and I pointed it out ...that has nothing to do with reading comprehension its fradulent and deceptive the same things you accused Nkume of doing earlier.
Sensitive? Editing? Bruv? Why is it always tedious and complicated with ya? You can’t even embed previous quotes properly so how the hell am I supposed 2 know what the hell yer talking about and which comments R even yours? I never have these issues with Waffiman and Azuka and we don’t always agree. I think I’m gonna limit my responses to them with all due respect.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

kalani JR wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
So what are expectations for Emery? Match latter-day Wenger or slightly improve on it?
Honestly at this point he is hanging by a very thin thread. Yes many players have let him down, but he has done the most damage 2 himself. I still want to give him time to see what happens to the team when Bells N KT are fully fit but I fear he might not even last 2 see that. Especially if they get thumped by LC. At this point Bruv I really don’t know with the man any more. He is definitely better than this but
he is doing himself no favors and good luck gettin a better gig than Arsenal when he gets canned.

Also thanks 4 being a breath of fresh air. We can actually discuss like adults!
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Because someone hasn't met your expectations 18 months into the job doesn't mean he has failed. There has been worrying signs, there has been positive signs.
There has been lots of questionable decisions on his part: Sticking with underperforming players, sticking to his plans and vision. Being more decisive, ... etc.
The coach is not responsible for the unbalanced squad he has as well as players, who have categorically refused to improve and work on other parts of their game.
At the end of the day, Success is not a straight line.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

ojafranpa wrote:
Eighteen months on, he still hasn't mastered English to any sort of acceptable level. What are his tactics? Is he a pressing manager, is he counter-attack, is he possession? We just don't know.
Azuka, I said it repeatedly but it seems people focused on their prejudices can’t get it. Emery is his own worst enemy. Whatever he is trying to do or communicate 2 the lads clearly isn’t coming thru. The message is either too confusing or they have been too Wengerized 2 change. Emery is a very smart man. His Sevilla and PSG teams played some beautiful, dynamic and adaptable football. In some games last season we also looked flowing, buoyant and looked to have turned a corner. Somewhere and somehow the man has lost his way. Yeah, injuries and stupid player decisions haven’t helped but he has also been his own worst enemy. It’s clear the team needs a simpler, clearer mission with easily defined roles, and players playing positions that best suit them. Why he is being stubborn and resistant 2 this, is beyond me. It’s like he is determined to speed down the highway to ruin with no brakes. Oh well, life moves on. Like I said B4, Fredo will be Coach by Christmas if things don’t improve.

And I can understand Fredo saying nothing bc he prolly believes he will be the next Coach, but what are all those assistants watching that they can’t advise the man to change things up?[/quote]

And i do agree with you on most of what you said here. The answer to your question the bold part is simple. He's suffering from Neymar hangover.[/quote]
I don’t see the parallel but respect ur opinion[/quote]

If you read about his experiences in PSG you will understand the parallel. He has an issue with players who are fan favorites. Examples abound. This is what i termed the Neymar hangover.[/quote]
Again where is the parallel? You’re talking in tangents. I keep hearing this argument and I don’t see it. Are you comparing Neymar to Ozil? Please[/quote]

You see that's the problem. Must everything be about Ozil? When i first raised alarm on Emery last year, you all thought it's all about Ozil.
I think Let's start in reverse order: Of recent fan favorite Torreirra has been dropped. And even when he's played he's played out of position. Remember Laca how the crowds at the Emirates forced Emery's hand? Or is it too early to forget that Ramsey too was denied playing minutes until his contract with Juve was announced? Or have you forgotten how Nacho was being benched while Emery persisted with playing Xhaka in LF and LCD?
Ask yourself what these have in common? They are all fan favorites. That's what i meant by Neymar's hangover.[/quote]

It's Pepe's turn.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Yes I believe so. Forget the Klopp and Guardiola of this world, give this team to the Wolves coach and we would be knocking on top 4 doors without breaking a sweat.
And to say what you said about Wenger is being disingenious. This team is far different from what Wenger had in his final years. I doubt if Wenger had a team as good as we currently have if he won't still be with us today. He definitely will be.
Like I asked on Ozil, must everything be about Wenger final years when Emery who's tasked with us is leading us nowhere? Why not discussion be on Wenger's early years as we are currently discussing Emery's early years. Even in Wenger's last five years he won the FA cup 3 times in those years.
RESPECT PLEASE.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Yes I believe so. Forget the Klopp and Guardiola of this world, give this team to the Wolves coach and we would be knocking on top 4 doors without breaking a sweat.
And to say what you said about Wenger is being disingenious. This team is far different from what Wenger had in his final years. I doubt if Wenger had a team as good as we currently have if he won't still be with us today. He definitely will be.
Like I asked on Ozil, must everything be about Wenger final years when Emery who's tasked with us is leading us nowhere? Why not discussion be on Wenger's early years as we are currently discussing Emery's early years. Even in Wenger's last five years he won the FA cup 3 times in those years.
RESPECT PLEASE.
Wenger had a better defense than Kolasinac, Chambers, Luiz and Sokratis. In his early days he really had only Fergie to deal with, and the brief noise of Leeds and Liverpool .. the league now has monsters at all sides and every match is a war of attrition. Wenger blew more title chances than Sanogo on his worst day!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

To Azuka and Waffiman.
Can you tell the genius on my behalf as a member of the clueless that Emery gave the board the go-ahead to sign both Sokratis and Luiz. He recommended arsenal to renew the contract of Chambers. If they are useless like we are told. Why did he give the go-ahead for them to be signed?
Wenger had to play with the likes of senderos, squillachi, silvestre and the sick note Thomas vermalean. He still managed to win the FA cup three times whilst playing with that rubble.
Can you please ask him for me....the league positions of Sevilla whist Emery was the manager? Can you also remind him that to now Emery is still holding the record of spending the whole season without a single away win and being the first manager in the champions league history to piss off a 4-0 lead and ended up losing the said game. Also please. Remind him that Wenger did not win the Europa league cup because he was busy qualifying and reaching the knockout stages of a superior cup; the champions league. What's next? accusing Wenger of not winning the league two championship?
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:@SkyAntonioRusso

Whispers around the Emirates saying that Arsenal board are planning to sack Unai #Emery if he lose to #Leicester City next week. More to come. AFC
Emery is gone. I said this about 2 weeks ago. Forget the rumours, they are not current. They are old rumours.
Abeg what's the latest rumour. Hope no be say na Maurinoise they are bringing in oo?
Arsenal's business plan is CL football or burst. Rumours are they have made promises to players for CL football and these players will leave if no CL football because the club cannot afford the wage bill. To me this is rubbish, the club's accounts tell me they can afford the wage bill.

Arsenal football is run by Josh Korenke, he does not live in London, so he has Raul running the football side of the club. By coincidence the Rams were playing in London, so he took time to attend a Board meeting to address issues at the club. Since then things have got worse. Josh Kroenke will make the decision on Emery's replacement and the Board will endorse it even if they object to his choice.

But what is really bad right now is Arsenal's execs are now being lobbied for the job by Agents representing all sorts of Managers. There was a time Kia Joorabchian and Mendes had no access to anyone at Arsenal, now these sharks are lobbying Arsenal insiders for the job on behalf of their clients. This is the mess we are in.

Mourinho's people are already on over drive with all sorts of claims about Mourinho. But this just reflects how the club's values are gradually ebbing away. No Arsenal's exec of old will have dinner or be leaking stories, or have stories about him having dinner with the Agent of someone who wants the current Coach's job leaked.

The rumour is the Board is dithering about making the decision to fire Emery. The Board meeting last week ended in an impasse, some Board members do not want Mourinho, and the rumours is, Raul was asked to draw up a shortlist despite his preference for Mourinho. In effect, Josh is not convinced. But will he change his mind?

If these rumours are correct, the hope was that Emery staying will improve results. Results have not improved and the Board will now have make a decision as to when to fire Emery. The rumours are, he will be fired if we lose to Leicester.
So if we win or draw the game he keeps the job even though everybody with a bit of football knowledge can clearly see that he’s clueless?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-20803671

John Cross says Unai Emery has been given one month to save his job.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]