The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal used the press on ManU a lot. Ozil led from the front according to Statsbomb. He was more active than anybody with 44 pressure events, narrowly edging out Lacazette's 42.

It must be said. Ozil had the highest average speed to his most distance covered. Recovered the ball more than anyone on the pitch. He did all these whilst providing creative vision and creativity, with eye in the needle passes, and clever little dribbles, playing in that midfield. He was drifting wide and as a false nine, giving Pepe the room the drift inside. Watch Ozil's movement for Arsenal's first goal. His movement was the problem ManU could not solve all game.
Bearing in mind how these stats are gathered ie human observation and punching to an app, I would leave room for margins of error.

For my eye o, na Laca cover ground pass. Make I leave am there.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Wouldn’t it be ironic if it came down 2 the end of the season and it had 2 be the Gunners as the only legit team standing between Liverpool and Invincibility. Talk about pressure
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Waffiman,

What are you hearing regarding January Xfer? Do we have a realistic chance of bringing in some quality players this January for squad depth because I think Arteta's problem will be finding enough able bodies to play and grind out result week in and week out especially for a team lacking in fitness.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Arsenal used the press on ManU a lot. Ozil led from the front according to Statsbomb. He was more active than anybody with 44 pressure events, narrowly edging out Lacazette's 42.

It must be said. Ozil had the highest average speed to his most distance covered. Recovered the ball more than anyone on the pitch. He did all these whilst providing creative vision and creativity, with eye in the needle passes, and clever little dribbles, playing in that midfield. He was drifting wide and as a false nine, giving Pepe the room the drift inside. Watch Ozil's movement for Arsenal's first goal. His movement was the problem ManU could not solve all game.
Bearing in mind how these stats are gathered ie human observation and punching to an app, I would leave room for margins of error.

For my eye o, na Laca cover ground pass. Make I leave am there.
We must be careful with analytics as we know only too well stats are used and manipulated for differing agendas. This is why clear definitions and criteria are set with regards to use of data and put in context.

My bro, speaking from experience and one who uses different data collection sets. The differences are set out in definitions and where definitions are the same, there are hardly any differences let alone significant differences.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mmeny wrote:Waffiman,

What are you hearing regarding January Xfer? Do we have a realistic chance of bringing in some quality players this January for squad depth because I think Arteta's problem will be finding enough able bodies to play and grind out result week in and week out especially for a team lacking in fitness.
The only rumours I have heard is our players many thought were going to leave are now thinking about staying till the summer. Apart from that, I have not heard much.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:Wouldn’t it be ironic if it came down 2 the end of the season and it had 2 be the Gunners as the only legit team standing between Liverpool and Invincibility. Talk about pressure
Thought about that already.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffi any update on the transfer market situation yet?

E be like say as Auba and Xhaka don commit to the end of the season, the club are backtracking on new signings. To be honest, I won't be too disappointed if we don't sign any so I am not getting my knickers in a twist over the transfer updates.

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:Waffi any update on the transfer market situation yet?

E be like say as Auba and Xhaka don commit to the end of the season, the club are backtracking on new signings. To be honest, I won't be too disappointed if we don't sign any so I am not getting my knickers in a twist over the transfer updates.
It won't be good if we don't. We need to sign quality players to give MA quality bench. Like against Chelsea when Lampard made the Jorghino move, I believe it's lack of quality of the bench that tied MA's hand. Adding quality players to the current squad will only brighten our chances of making the top 4.

Call me a perennial optimistic i still believe the top 4 is within our grips if the progression seen in the team in the last 3 matches is anything to go about. This team can only get better.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Waffi any update on the transfer market situation yet?

It won't be good if we don't. We need to sign quality players to give MA quality bench. Like against Chelsea when Lampard made the Jorghino move, I believe it's lack of quality of the bench that tied MA's hand. Adding quality players to the current squad will only brighten our chances of making the top 4.

Call me a perennial optimistic i still believe the top 4 is within our grips if the progression seen in the team in the last 3 matches is anything to go about. This team can only get better.
For this season, I'm realistic enough to accept our fate if we don't bro. Nontheless setting oneself a high target is always a good thing.

For too long this club has set the bar too low.

As per getting to top 4, I believe we can rough it out with the squad we have even if we aren't successful in the transfer market.

If we have to acquire any players though, I am hoping we can achieve that through a loan deal if we can't get the top class defensive players that we need.

mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Waffiman wrote:

The only rumours I have heard is our players many thought were going to leave are now thinking about staying till the summer. Apart from that, I have not heard much.
Thanks. I really hope we bring in some few reinforcement preferably some loan moves to give Arteta a semblance of a quality pool to choose players.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

mmeny wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Thanks. I really hope we bring in some few reinforcement preferably some loan moves to give Arteta a semblance of a quality pool to choose players.
I am willing to bet that we won't spend this transfer window. If anything does happen at all, it will be a loan.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

elerineye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Happy New Year!
Good ebening... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

bk-one wrote:
Coach wrote:

Harrison Odiegwu Maguire, tantamount to abuse.
The amazing thing about that video link is the amount of brutal challenges the likes of Maguire and Fred got away with. Man United brought axes and their own referee. They still lost
Chelsea also came with the same hacking game plan.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

elerineye wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Coach wrote:

The amazing thing about that video link is the amount of brutal challenges the likes of Maguire and Fred got away with. Man United brought axes and their own referee. They still lost
The problem with referees who are allowing that type of behavior is that they don't allow you to retaliate. Every time you hack them back you get a card but your opponent is given carte blanche to hack you any time they feel like.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

elerineye wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Coach wrote:

The problem with referees who are allowing that type of behavior is that they don't allow you to retaliate. Every time you hack them back you get a card but your opponent is given carte blanche to hack you any time they feel like.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Arsenal players are collectively running around 5 miles more per game than under Emery, up from 107.1miles per game before Arteta's appointment to 112.1miles per game since he came in.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Mesut Ozil ran 7.1 miles against United - the most in the team & his personal best for two years
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So it’s no longer ASSISTS, CHANCES CREATED OR
.... HEAVEN’S FORBID: (GOALS)!!!
Its now a celebration of “Running” stats for Mesut Ozil!
I’m sure the Kroenke’s who pay him one of the highest salaries in the league and the teammates he’s been stealing a living off of, will be real happy with this revelation!
They won’t soon forget that all along he’s been strolling on the field while they’ve been busting their @ss 4 him.
Great news to know.
And how wise of some to celebrate this unmatched milestone.
Wow a footballer actually giving effort :idea: Who would’ve imagined that :idea: :sneaky:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Sleaky72 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m sure the Kroenke’s who pay him one of the highest salaries in the league and the teammates he’s been stealing a living off of, will be real happy with this revelation!
They won’t soon forget that all along he’s been strolling on the field while they’ve been busting their @ss 4 him.
Great news to know.
Wow a footballer actually giving effort :idea: Who would’ve imagined that :idea: :sneaky:
You've gotta believe in a player to get returns - human relations - Man management. Skip Ozil - what did LT do wrong(he was totally misused by Unai)? Why are David Luiz, Niles all of a sudden buzzing? Why's Leno not having to make the most saves in the EPL?
Ozil was off the team for a longtime & we lacked vision - leave the kid alone for a min & tell us why Emery should be the next Real Madrid coach(just saying)!!!!
Ozil, ironically was right - Unai was out of his depth
Like Sokratis said - "the fun is back"
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

For too long many chose to believe notions of collective effort to achieve big things had to be permanently alien to the Gooner_nation. Some of us wondered why a guy like Brendan Rodgers could go to LCFC with less resources at his disposal, less talent & over a shorter period can go as far as he has so far.
It comes down to vision, real leadership where you take the troops along with you. We now see an Arsenal team with barely anytime to rest due to congested fixtures keep great spaces between players & hold shape that has most of the fanbase & our haters stomped.
We've played matches w/o real FBs & not embarrassed ourselves - nice to see the solidarity amongst the players, we now have an idea why Pooch & Pep wanted Mikel as an assistant.
If we keep the same habits, we stand a very good chance of making the CL via Europa - as is - one leg at a time - this dream some real ish!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Great news to know.
You've gotta believe in a player to get returns - human relations - Man management. Skip Ozil - what did LT do wrong(he was totally misused by Unai)? Why are David Luiz, Niles all of a sudden buzzing? Why's Leno not having to make the most saves in the EPL?
Ozil was off the team for a longtime & we lacked vision - leave the kid alone for a min & tell us why Emery should be the next Real Madrid coach(just saying)!!!!
Ozil, ironically was right - Unai was out of his depth
Like Sokratis said - "the fun is back"
What’s really scary is that u actually thought this nonsense through and felt you’ve actually made a smidgen uv sense.
You can continue dis journey by your lonesome, amigo.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm hatred has natural blinders.

Our first goal started from a tackle and steal from our half ( both executed by the same person) abeg who can guess who that player was ?

Hint it was not LT and it was not Xhaka.... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Hmmm hatred has natural blinders.

Our first goal started from a tackle and steal from our half ( both executed by the same person) abeg who can guess who that player was ?

Hint it was not LT and it was not Xhaka.... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
I already asked this question, they refused to answer