2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [FAC] SOU vs TOT [RD 4]

Post by txj »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: It appears JoMo has now got his second player in this window. Steven Bergwijn should be announced anytime from now.
Is he really a JoMo player or a Levy-type signing?

And does his talent advance the team from where its at, or just keep it in place?
Only time will tell but from what I've read about him he is a talent that Spurs has been chasing for a while. He's taken shirt 23 to show his intent at making a difference with the club.

Sometimes I come away with the sense that Levy is perhaps too smart for his own good.

Take the Eriksen issue; why wait so long to transfer the guy given the underlying problems that led to his disgruntlement. Ditto for Rose...
Its not always about the deal...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: It appears JoMo has now got his second player in this window. Steven Bergwijn should be announced anytime from now.

And does his talent advance the team from where its at, or just keep it in place?
Only time will tell but from what I've read about him he is a talent that Spurs has been chasing for a while. He's taken shirt 23 to show his intent at making a difference with the club.

Sometimes I come away with the sense that Levy is perhaps too smart for his own good.

Take the Eriksen issue; why wait so long to transfer the guy given the underlying problems that led to his disgruntlement. Ditto for Rose...
I can't hold brief for Levy but I do know he tried really hard to sign Eriksen to a new deal even offering to put him on the same wage level as Kane that is the highest paid player in the club. Unfortunately when it became clear that he couldn't convince him to extend his contract nobody else came to make an offer for his service in the summer, especially Real Madrid that Eriksen had his heart on. It is the same situation with Toby but only difference is Toby eventually signed while Eriksen stuck to his guns. Another player in the same situation is Jans Vertonghen.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

I can't hold brief for Levy but I do know he tried really hard to sign Eriksen to a new deal even offering to put him on the same wage level as Kane that is the highest paid player in the club. Unfortunately when it became clear that he couldn't convince him to extend his contract nobody else came to make an offer for his service in the summer, especially Real Madrid that Eriksen had his heart on. It is the same situation with Toby but only difference is Toby eventually signed while Eriksen stuck to his guns. Another player in the same situation is Jans Vertonghen.
Thats my point exactly!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

If you know Levy, you'll know he gets contracts sorted out early. But heaven knows why some refused to sign under Poch. As for Eriksen he had always wanted to seek pasture new.
I actually commend Levy for getting 17m for a player whose contract runs out in June. He was purchsed for 11m and over 6 years of service....
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

If you know Levy, you'll know he gets contracts sorted out early. But heaven knows why some refused to sign under Poch. As for Eriksen he had always wanted to seek pasture new.
I actually commend Levy for getting 17m for a player whose contract runs out in June. He was purchsed for 11m and over 6 years of service....
This is why i constantly say you lack any critical thinking skills.... now you want to compare 11 million of 6 years ago to 17 million of today :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my goodness some people aren't sharp at all....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

This is why i constantly say you lack any critical thinking skills.... now you want to compare 11 million of 6 years ago to 17 million of today :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my goodness some people aren't sharp at all....
Captain Stupid strikes again. :rotf: :rotf:
If Eriksen had made a deal with Inter to sign for them at the end of the season, how much is that worth to Spurs?
I could tell you how the length of your contracts affects your valuation, but I won't bother.
I cod tell you Eriksen could have stayed put until the end of the season and become a free agent, but why should I?

From where Spurs and Eriksen are, as of yesterday - 17m is a good deal.

Eriksen served Spurs well and though not the ideal position contractually and as such, his valuation - Spurs still recoup their investement and made profit with only 5 months left on his contract...
I don't expect you, "Captain Stupid" to see the danger Eriksen leaving on a free posed to Spurs and why 17m is far better than the alternative
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

once again, you fail to think critically . 11 million from 6 years ago is way more than 17 million today..in fact he was sold for 16 plus... Now the true valuation of Erickson is over 50 million ... this is a huge failure from spurs....open your eyes
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:once again, you fail to think critically . 11 million from 6 years ago is way more than 17 million today..in fact he was sold for 16 plus... Now the true valuation of Erickson is over 50 million ... this is a huge failure from spurs....open your eyes
Again, you fail to read or you just can't comprehend

As of Yesterday, Eriksen had 5 months left on his contract. He could have walked in May.
Inter could have had a pre contractual understanding. So how much is 5 months contract worth, 17m?

If Eriksen had 2 to 4 years on his contract, then you're talking about a 50m player.

Did Eriksen give Spurs more than 50m worth of entertainment, shirt sales etc during his 6 years at the Lane? Absolutely.

Eriksen might be worth 50m now but he's got a few years on his contract. That is what you fail to understand.

If a player doesn't want to sign, you sell or you lose him. 17m is a very good deal for a player in the last few months of his contract
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

daft excuses from spurs, they sold this dude for 16 million ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

what a daft club to let this player leave for such a cheap price in today's market...talk about a club with no ambition , no wonder they can't win anything
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Image

daft excuses from spurs, they sold this dude for 16 million ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, it was daft. We should have let him do a "Winston Bogarde". You see why I keep saying you're a "cvnt"? :rotf: :rotf:

You're so stup1d they are even rushing to disown you in "Stooofid Land". Your own stoofidity no get level :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

100 quid in 2011, has a purchasing power of 122.68 today. Applying an Wengerian approach to the matter, Tottenham have gained both the transfer fee plus the freed wages, net gain, net spend, Netflix , Benyamin Netanyahu.

16 Millie Vanilly for someone who, in a month’s time could’ve negotiated a Bosman, isn’t bad. Good business for both sides. In this market of astronomical numeracy, Inter have acquired a world class (on his day) talisman for Championship outlay. Conte will be hoping for more than Scandi Sanchez. As for Bergwijn, blistering pace, another Lucas Moura. Interesting, perhaps perplexing recruitment, does he have the necessary full backing expertise that Ogbuefi demands?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Image

Yep, it was daft. We should have let him do a "Winston Bogarde". You see why I keep saying you're a "cvnt"? :rotf: :rotf:

You're so stup1d they are even rushing to disown you in "Stooofid Land". Your own stoofidity no get level :rotf:
The problem is that certain people believe the transfer market works as it shows in FIFA or PES. Football Manager tries to simulate it but buying and selling players is a lot more complicated than people think.

How someone can use the sale of Eriksen to Inter for 17m (with 5 months to go on his contract) as an opportunity to bash Levy is downright funny. Levy is a businessman who has taken us to a higher level. It is now for the players on the pitch to match the off-pitch level.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote:100 quid in 2011, has a purchasing power of 122.68 today. Applying an Wengerian approach to the matter, Tottenham have gained both the transfer fee plus the freed wages, net gain, net spend, Netflix , Benyamin Netanyahu.

16 Millie Vanilly for someone who, in a month’s time could’ve negotiated a Bosman, isn’t bad. Good business for both sides. In this market of astronomical numeracy, Inter have acquired a world class (on his day) talisman for Championship outlay. Conte will be hoping for more than Scandi Sanchez. As for Bergwijn, blistering pace, another Lucas Moura. Interesting, perhaps perplexing recruitment, does he have the necessary full backing expertise that Ogbuefi demands?
I hope he is more Depay (in Lyon) than Moura or Son.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Getting £17m for a player who was adamant on leaving, and who could have left for FREE in 5 months time, is EXCELLENT business. There was no way Eriksen was going to sign a new deal at Spurs; his mind was made up. As such, this is good business by Levy.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Lol Danny Rose.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

pajimoh wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:once again, you fail to think critically . 11 million from 6 years ago is way more than 17 million today..in fact he was sold for 16 plus... Now the true valuation of Erickson is over 50 million ... this is a huge failure from spurs....open your eyes

As of Yesterday, Eriksen had 5 months left on his contract. He could have walked in May.
Inter could have had a pre contractual understanding. So how much is 5 months contract worth, 17m?

If Eriksen had 2 to 4 years on his contract, then you're talking about a 50m player.

Did Eriksen give Spurs more than 50m worth of entertainment, shirt sales etc during his 6 years at the Lane? Absolutely.

Eriksen might be worth 50m now but he's got a few years on his contract. That is what you fail to understand.

If a player doesn't want to sign, you sell or you lose him. 17m is a very good deal for a player in the last few months of his contract
Just curious, what about the cost to team unity in keeping a disgruntled player in the locker room for as long as was done? Especially one whose issue was not football related....

Sometimes its not always about the dollar and cents...

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Just curious, what about the cost to team unity in keeping a disgruntled player in the locker room for as long as was done? Especially one whose issue was not football related....

Sometimes its not always about the dollar and cents...
It is in no ones interest to keep a disgruntled player hanging around. I suspect Eriksen was different.
Remember Spurs paid off Adebayor to leave.
Eriksen genuinely wanted a different challenge and he set his mind on the likes of Real Madrid. Spurs were not going to stand in his way after it became clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract.
Unfortunately for Eriksen, RM did not come in for him.
I also strongly believe both parties had an understanding.
Eriksen did not have to leave this month. He could have run down his contract and make tons of money as a free agent.
But once Inter came for him and he wanted to go, Eriksen himself enabled Spurs to make some money.
His form wasn't being disgruntled, it was the form of a player who needed a new challenge. He was still as professional as ever and available for games
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

^^^KPOM to the nth degree. Well said Pa Jimoh.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

It will be weird if Giroud joins Tottenham

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:It will be weird if Giroud joins Tottenham
Don't want him, personally
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

pajimoh wrote:
Ditto.

Why should we sign a lamppost upfront? Chelsea won’t sell him to us anyway.
I cannot understand why we can’t give Parrott a chance.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kenmega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ditto.

Why should we sign a lamppost upfront? Chelsea won’t sell him to us anyway.
I cannot understand why we can’t give Parrott a chance.
Perhaps we overrate Parrott's readiness to play?

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8