Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:44 pm 

Thomas Nkono, Emmanuel Kunde, Benjamin Massing, Stephen Tataw, Bertin Ebwelle , Jean Claude Pagal,Louis Paul Mfede, Emile Mbouh, Cyrille Makanaky,Andre Kana-Biyik, Francois Oman-Biyik, Eugene Ekeke, Roger Milla!

Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:45 am 

yes and i watched that game live! it pained me seeing them go out against England

Marko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Makanaky wrote:
Thomas Nkono, Emmanuel Kunde, Benjamin Massing, Stephen Tataw, Bertin Ebwelle , Jean Claude Pagal,Louis Paul Mfede, Emile Mbouh, Cyrille Makanaky,Andre Kana-Biyik, Francois Oman-Biyik, Eugene Ekeke, Roger Milla!

Was this the first professional wrestling team from Cameroun? :D :taunt:

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:28 pm 

Cellular wrote:
Makanaky wrote:

That was the Kung Fu team. This was waaay before the time of wrestlers. Ask Cannigia...

Kana-Bikik and Ben Massing......choi, those guys ehn!

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 am 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Makanaky wrote:

That was the Kung Fu team. This was waaay before the time of wrestlers. Ask Cannigia...

Those guys don't get enough credit. It is hard enough playing one sport at a high level; but to combine soccer, wrestling and mixed martial arts into one sport is something the world will likely not see again for a very long time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 am 

theDunamis wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Makanaky wrote:

Those guys don't get enough credit. It is hard enough playing one sport at a high level; but to combine soccer, wrestling and mixed martial arts into one sport is something the world will likely not see again for a very long time.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:46 pm 

Emmanuel Kunde na kpangolo kpako jam bori.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:27 am 

That was a loaded team. Their beautiful names rolled off the tongue and left you no doubt that this was an African team of no nonsense hard men. Hard! Easily brushed aside the then world champions Argentina fielding the highly slick and dangerous partners in crime on and off the field - Maradona and Caniggia. Cocaine aficionados and bad boys extraordinaire.

Those two would deal with Nigeria with the most extreme wickedness and ice cold brutality 4 years later in 1994 and remind us that the World Cup is for big boys where there is no forgiveness for the tiniest mistake. Cold blooded to the max. We still have not recovered our confidence against them since then, 26 years later and 5 matches with 0 wins. Perhaps we should have made the pilgrimage to Douala or Yaounde to get some tips on how to handle those tricky slicksters.

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:20 am 

theDunamis wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Makanaky wrote:

Zaire in 1974 and Cameroon in 1990 left some damaging legacies for Africa which we are still battling to dispel today.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 pm 

Scipio Africanus wrote:
That was a loaded team. Their beautiful names rolled off the tongue and left you no doubt that this was an African team of no nonsense hard men. Hard! Easily brushed aside the then world champions Argentina fielding the highly slick and dangerous partners in crime on and off the field - Maradona and Caniggia. Cocaine aficionados and bad boys extraordinaire.

Those two would deal with Nigeria with the most extreme wickedness and ice cold brutality 4 years later in 1994 and remind us that the World Cup is for big boys where there is no forgiveness for the tiniest mistake. Cold blooded to the max. We still have not recovered our confidence against them since then, 26 years later and 5 matches with 0 wins. Perhaps we should have made the pilgrimage to Douala or Yaounde to get some tips on how to handle those tricky slicksters.

They had the coolest names ever :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:08 pm 

We know you have our back even though you can't bring yourselves to admit it.

Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:44 pm 

They where unapologetically African. They had a swag to the way they played their football. The names sounded very exotic for us in Zimbabwe. We cheered them on in Harare.

God bless the people of Cameroon and God bless every single one of those ballers who flew the African and Cameroonian flag.

To this day I remember the exploits of that great team. They made the world stand up and respect African football. :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 pm 

I am also hoping the "hateration" on this thread from the Nigerian CE's is tongue in cheek.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:30 am 

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
They where unapologetically African. They had a swag to the way they played their football. The names sounded very exotic for us in Zimbabwe. We cheered them on in Harare.

God bless the people of Cameroon and God bless every single one of those ballers who flew the African and Cameroonian flag.

To this day I remember the exploits of that great team. They made the world stand up and respect African football. :clap:

:clap: :clap: that team poor officiating do them against England,They were the better team in quarter final against England

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:49 am 

This was definitely my favourite player of that team......and I just loved his name. :thumb:

Then....

...and now.

True legend.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:01 pm 

Makanaky wrote:

Add Victor Ndip. The whole of Nigeria was solidly behind Cameroon and I went to bed without eating my dinner because I was upset when England beat Cameroon in the quarter finals.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:35 pm 

who the hell are they?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:18 pm 

kalani JR wrote:
who the hell are they?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You gorra be kee-ring, right?

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:43 am 

Makanaky wrote:
We know you have our back even though you can't bring yourselves to admit it.

So you were on this gra gra grass cutting team?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:19 am 

kajifu wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:

:clap: :clap: that team poor officiating do them against England,They were the better team in quarter final against England

Nah maN wasn't poor officiating but robbery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:34 pm 

Damunk wrote:

...and now.

True legend.

From Simon Kuper's book "Football Against The Enemy" (Page 121):

.........................................................……..Makanaky, a star at
the World Cup, was not even a regular at Toulon in 1990. 'We were
watching the match against Argentina, with some friends', says Peter
Bosz, a Dutchman who played with Makanaky at Toulon,' and I told
them, "Watch that number 20, he plays for us but he's useless." And
then I see him beating men and helping his defence, unbelievable.'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:15 am 

cchinukw wrote:
Emmanuel Kunde na kpangolo kpako jam bori.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Seriously? Seriously? You must mean Benjamin Massing. Emmanuel Kunde was one cultured footballer, one of the finest defenders I have ever seen. I'd say Kunde was the African Beckenbauer, a calm, confident, passing, playing out of defence defender.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:25 am 

Damunk wrote:
This was definitely my favourite player of that team......and I just loved his name. :thumb:

Then....

...and now.

True legend.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry, but I did not rate Makanaky. He had nice dreads and people loved his dreads, that's about it. The other dread, Jean-Claude Pagal, was way better, though they played different positions.