The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Gooner1 »

slyk wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
kajifu wrote:
slyk wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Balo has deleted all Instagram references to Arsenal,
And he didn’t feature in any of the U-23 or senior
games this week. Make of it what you want but the optics
aren’t good. This lad is pretty damn good.
How can the club keep Nketiah over him?
No one cares about an unproven/untested teen except neophytes like you. Take your rabble rousing elsewhere.
Yeah this is same rubbish that was said about Smith Rowe when some of us said give the kid chance and forget about Ozil.
Saka was the same,now we are reminding Arteta to give more minutes to Gabriel Martinelli but he is playing like of washed up Willian day in day our.If i remember Willian has had just 3 good games for Arsenal after playing like 30 games and on such salary.
Yet Balo cant get games but likes of Nketiah and hail and get games left and right.
The kid is about to go for free,Remind me of Serge Gnabry today playing for the best team in the world and a key member of that team.He was loan out to west Brom when likes of Walcott were treated as super stars.
I call bullshit. The kid is not good enough. If he were, he would have forced his way into the first team like Messi, Rooney, Fabregas, Antsu Fati and the likes did. Easily excitable folks like you and anikulapo are the only ones losing sleep over him leaving Arsenal. You are hedging you fear/angst on him eventually coming good in the future and not on how good he is right now, which is ridiculous.

He is not better than the strikers ahead of him that is why he is not playing. Simple.
Insults aside slyk......Balo is a more complete striker than Eddie.
Eddie has been given chance after chance, and he has come up wanting. He wasn't good enough to get into the starting 11 at Leeds, so what warrants him even being on the bench at arsenal?
Balo is physically superior, is not easily bullied off the ball by central defenders. Always wants to turn and take on defenders.
Just because he hasn't been given a chance, does not mean he's good enough. Remember Henry was on the bench @Juve before he came to afc....going by your logic, he was not good enough to
play for the 1st eleven @Juve...
Anyway Balo will have a bigger impact on football than Eddie...mark my words
Often, the fans believe them know more than the coaches that see these players everyday. Aside from youth team games Balogun has only made three cameo appearances in the first team and you and others of your ilk feel that is enough to make bold pronouncements about his current abilities and future progress. Do you remember the hype that trailed Eddie when he played his first few games in the first team after tearing it up in the youth ranks? You guys never learn. Martinelli is struggling for game time and he has a much greater claim since we have seen him deliver on this level yet you guys want to lose sleep over Balogun.

Besides Mikel has stated very clearly that he rates Balogun and would like to keep him while still respecting the hierachy, so what is wrong with that? This is because Mikel believes he is not good enough right now to earn a starting spot ahead of Auba, Laca, Martinelli and Eddie. Obvoiusly, you guys disagree even though all you have is hope and a prayer that he comes good now.

Balogun is free to leave and if he does he will not be missed. Arsenal should insert a buy-back clause in his contract just in case he comes good but I will not hold my breath on him coming good. Regarding your question on Henry at Juve, the simple answer is No he was not good enough to start for Juve. With time, he came good and with the season Arsenal is having, they do not have that time to entertan Balogun until he comes good.
....me and my ilk? ..hmmmmm, throwing shade, huh?
I'll be the bigger man and ignore you :biggrin:
Football is not rocket science...it may be for u...

1. Search the threads, and show me where I have ever lauded Eddie
2. .....no one here is talking about the other strikers but Eddie's comparison to Balo
3. saying Henry wasn't good enough for Juve is laughable, some of it is down to management and their sentimental bias and contracts that other players have that we are not privy to
4. For a striker that could not start in the championship with Leeds, can have a shout with the first team with Arsenal, how is that possible? U still haven't answered that question

Anyway time will tell, and I will bookmark with thread, when Balo becomes a bigger player than Eddie....my friend, don't be Cally 2.0....remember Sanogo? :rotf: :rotf:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

slyk wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
kajifu wrote:
slyk wrote:
No one cares about an unproven/untested teen except neophytes like you. Take your rabble rousing elsewhere.
Yeah this is same rubbish that was said about Smith Rowe when some of us said give the kid chance and forget about Ozil.
Saka was the same,now we are reminding Arteta to give more minutes to Gabriel Martinelli but he is playing like of washed up Willian day in day our.If i remember Willian has had just 3 good games for Arsenal after playing like 30 games and on such salary.
Yet Balo cant get games but likes of Nketiah and hail and get games left and right.
The kid is about to go for free,Remind me of Serge Gnabry today playing for the best team in the world and a key member of that team.He was loan out to west Brom when likes of Walcott were treated as super stars.
I call bullshit. The kid is not good enough. If he were, he would have forced his way into the first team like Messi, Rooney, Fabregas, Antsu Fati and the likes did. Easily excitable folks like you and anikulapo are the only ones losing sleep over him leaving Arsenal. You are hedging you fear/angst on him eventually coming good in the future and not on how good he is right now, which is ridiculous.

He is not better than the strikers ahead of him that is why he is not playing. Simple.
Eddie has been given chance after chance, and he has come up wanting. He wasn't good enough to get into the starting 11 at Leeds, so what warrants him even being on the bench at arsenal?
Balo is physically superior, is not easily bullied off the ball by central defenders. Always wants to turn and take on defenders.
Just because he hasn't been given a chance, does not mean he's good enough. Remember Henry was on the bench @Juve before he came to afc....going by your logic, he was not good enough to
Often, the fans believe them know more than the coaches that see these players everyday. Aside from youth team games Balogun has only made three cameo appearances in the first team and you and others of your ilk feel that is enough to make bold pronouncements about his current abilities and future progress. Do you remember the hype that trailed Eddie when he played his first few games in the first team after tearing it up in the youth ranks? You guys never learn. Martinelli is struggling for game time and he has a much greater claim since we have seen him deliver on this level yet you guys want to lose sleep over Balogun.

Besides Mikel has stated very clearly that he rates Balogun and would like to keep him while still respecting the hierachy, so what is wrong with that? This is because Mikel believes he is not good enough right now to earn a starting spot ahead of Auba, Laca, Martinelli and Eddie. Obvoiusly, you guys disagree even though all you have is hope and a prayer that he comes good now.

Balogun is free to leave and if he does he will not be missed. Arsenal should insert a buy-back clause in his contract just in case he comes good but I will not hold my breath on him coming good. Regarding your question on Henry at Juve, the simple answer is No he was not good enough to start for Juve. With time, he came good and with the season Arsenal is having, they do not have that time to entertan Balogun until he comes good.
I thought he was leaving as a free agent. Can you insert the clause on a contract your are not privy to nor have control over?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I am really peeved at this development but I must be fair. The club claims they made him a top offer which he turned down.

The rumour is the Agent already has a deal lined up for the kid. He is on a free, the kid has run down his contract hiding behind a long term injury.

No matter what happens now, I have moved on. Even if he signs, I will not be celebrating. Too much water has gone under the bridge.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
kajifu wrote:
slyk wrote:

2. .....no one here is talking about the other strikers but Eddie's comparison to Balo
3. saying Henry wasn't good enough for Juve is laughable, some of it is down to management and their sentimental bias and contracts that other players have that we are not privy to
4. For a striker that could not start in the championship with Leeds, can have a shout with the first team with Arsenal, how is that possible? U still haven't answered that question

Anyway time will tell, and I will bookmark with thread, when Balo becomes a bigger player than Eddie....my friend, don't be Cally 2.0....remember Sanogo? :rotf: :rotf:
Bro no waste your time
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cito wrote:
slyk wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
kajifu wrote:
slyk wrote:

I thought he was leaving as a free agent. Can you insert the clause on a contract your are not privy to nor have control over?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:
I am really peeved at this development but I must be fair. The club claims they made him a top offer which he turned down.

The rumour is the Agent already has a deal lined up for the kid. He is on a free, the kid has run down his contract hiding behind a long term injury.

No matter what happens now, I have moved on. Even if he signs, I will not be celebrating. Too much water has gone under the bridge.

According to a Pendejo here no one cares about this

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

The main reason some of you are invested in this kid is because of his Nigerian heritage and not solely his footballing ability. Balogun can go wherever he wants and he will not be missed (except maybe in the youth teams). I am waiting to see if any club of Arsenal's stature will sign him and then start him regularly. Let no one (leaky72/anikulapo) come here and try to hang it as an albatross on Mikel's neck. He tried to keep him but the kid wanted out.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Gooner1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
kajifu wrote:
slyk wrote:

Touchy aren't you?

ilk definition "...a type of person or thing similar to one already referred to." Wherein lies the shade?

Henry was not good enough to start consistently for Juve and that is why he did not. Remember that Juve at that time was at the very top of the European football hierachy and the italian league was arguably the top league in Europe. He had to move to a lower league and smaller club (Arsenal) to regain his mojo.

So you concede that Balo is right now not a bigger player than Eddie, so why start him ahead of Eddie? Besides Eddie and Martinelli cannot even get a game right now so which one of Auba and Laca should Balo replace and in which of Arsenal's recent games would you have started Balo? Just curious.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Balogun
Gnaby
Sanogo
Malen
Nketiah

One thing they all have in common ////// Sterling youth football record.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Leno, Chambers, Tierney, Luiz, Mari, Xhaka, Partey, Saka, Odegaard, Willian, Aubameyang

Subs: Ryan, Bellerin, Gabriel, Ceballos, Pepe, Holding, Lacazette, Eleney, Martinelli

So Xhaka will never get dropped?
Pepe is dropped and Willian starts?
Callum Chambers :scared: :???: :???:
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Sleaky72 wrote:Leno, Chambers, Tierney, Luiz, Mari, Xhaka, Partey, Saka, Odegaard, Willian, Aubameyang

Subs: Ryan, Bellerin, Gabriel, Ceballos, Pepe, Holding, Lacazette, Eleney, Martinelli

I can't wait for Arteta to leave our club. Never has favouritism been so obvious in the club.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Good goal... Auba.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

That’s how you use Auba.
That’s how he scores.
That play started with Partey
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Thelastoneleft wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Leno, Chambers, Tierney, Luiz, Mari, Xhaka, Partey, Saka, Odegaard, Willian, Aubameyang

I can't wait for Arteta to leave our club. Never has favouritism been so obvious in the club.
Are you anikulapo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: watch them accuse you of being him :rotf:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

How did Saka miss that?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

How did Saka miss that
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Thomas should’ve done better ..
What a set up by Odegaard.
Clever pass
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Saka is not sharp today.
We should’ve been up by at
3 goals easily today
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Fcuking xhaka.
Horrible Horrible football player.
This guy is just the worst liability ever.
Arsenal will always be their own worst enemy.
This is the clown who gifted them a red card
in the last encounter.
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

:shock: :shock:
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Leno is a fool.... kick the damn ball out. Stupid goalkeeper
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Arsenal is gonna always gonna gift the opponents a goal.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Xhaka is just a damn fool.
Why show for that ball and then the option
is to pass it back to the goalie to clear.
Just a horrible football player