2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] NEW v TOT [WK 30]

Post by Cristao II »

toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Chance at top 4 and certain players don't turn up. Really looking forward to the summer window. Unfortunately there is only so much changes one can make.
The one thing I will say about you is that you are loyal.
You are a Mourinho man through and through and nothing can ever be his fault.
In what way can Jose coach those players to stop wasting chances and put the game to bed before giving the other team hope
The same way Pochettino did it
Don't forget when he got fired the players where doing the exact same stuff and Spurs was almost in relegation zone.
What does that have to do with the fact that he was able to do it for some time? Mourinho has never done it.
Spurs got to the League Cup final by doing nothing right? It must hurt Jose naysayers that he qualified for that final. Jose still has another season at Spurs by God's grace. Buckle up.

PS it is Nigeria - All Blacks - Spurs in that order. I am a Spurs fan before a Jose fan.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Spurs leaving gaps for Newcastle to exploit. Thank goodness they are not taking advantage of the chances.
Too many dumb players in your midfield.
They are dumb then also have the WRONG attitude! They are totally useless. They have no fight.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

toyin133 wrote:
Coach wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Coach wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Tottenham have dropped 15 points from winning positions in the league
And the manager was doing what as the point fell like confetti. Back 6. Newcastle peppering you with more shots than a Hen weekend. Pathetic.
He was thinking of how he was going to blame the players :taunt:
Where’s Dele Alli? Can’t overlook his contribution to the collapse today. By way of comparison, Bruce had the better starting 11...
Right on cue, Mourinho blames too many individual mistakes for the result
And he was RIGHT.

This was a match that Spurs could have scored 8 IF they chose to. You only need to look at the 2 goals they scored.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Coach wrote:“Same coach, different players”. Hilarious.
Actually same players, differenc coach
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Stegosaurus Bruce.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:my goodness, Sanchez is the worst defender in the league
Most people think I take pleasure in being right, or that I think that I know more football than most. And those people are right.

The truth is that what frustrates people like me is that we know too much more than our peers. As a consequence, something that we see today will take years for others to see.

I remember the first time I realized Davidson Sanchez was a horrendous footballer and a wretched defender! I tried to bring it to Bobo IAG's attention and he got very angry! Insulted me and threw the last ogbono soup on his plate on my white shirt! hurling obalende parlance at me!

Today, 3 years later, his eye is clear! He has seen and felt immeasurable pain!

Aside from a coach, if there is one position in football that i know like the back of my hand, it is defense! I can tell you who is a top defender and who will never be. The only defender who has ever tricked me is Gerard Pique, whom at 18, I thought will be a worthless defender.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Chance at top 4 and certain players don't turn up. Really looking forward to the summer window. Unfortunately there is only so much changes one can make.
You need context. :rotf: :rotf:

No true Interisti will ever ever ever turn on Mourinho! Do you know what Mourinho did for them????!! he made them the kings of Europe and they will never forget it!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
In what way can Jose coach those players to stop wasting chances and put the game to bed before giving the other team hope
Don't forget when he got fired the players where doing the exact same stuff and Spurs was almost in relegation zone.
What does that have to do with the fact that he was able to do it for some time? Mourinho has never done it.
Spurs got to the League Cup final by doing nothing right? It must hurt Jose naysayers that he qualified for that final. Jose still has another season at Spurs by God's grace. Buckle up.

PS it is Nigeria - All Blacks - Spurs in that order. I am a Spurs fan before a Jose fan.
Odiegwu! Where is Inter?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Spurs leaving gaps for Newcastle to exploit. Thank goodness they are not taking advantage of the chances.
Too many dumb players in your midfield.
They are dumb then also have the WRONG attitude! They are totally useless. They have no fight.

Bro, its deeper than that.

Have you noticed that everytime they have a chance to move into top 4, go to the next round, do something of note, they conspire with each other to foock it up? It is much much deeper than that! They literally gave Joelinton 2 clear cut chances to steal the point. When Joelinton couldnt score, Sanchez decided to tackle Rodon, so that Wilock, an Arsenal player, can have a clear chance to score!

Bro, it is deeper than wrong attitude. When a player, and certain players, do everything within their power to make sure their team loses...you have to know that something is happening.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:
toyin133 wrote: The one thing I will say about you is that you are loyal.

Odiegwu! Where is Inter?
LOL!! Danfo, danfo, danfo - I have corrected it

Nigeria - All Blacks - Football Clubs* in that order

Spurs, Inter, etc
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
You need context. :rotf: :rotf:

No true Interisti will ever ever ever turn on Mourinho! Do you know what Mourinho did for them????!! he made them the kings of Europe and they will never forget it!
Funny thing is I dont know which logic would back the players over Mourinho! What have those people won at club level? United are yet to win a trophy since he left.

If Spurs cant win a trophy in 3 years with Jose, then we have to ask ourselves genuine questions!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:my goodness, Sanchez is the worst defender in the league
Most people think I take pleasure in being right, or that I think that I know more football than most. And those people are right.

The truth is that what frustrates people like me is that we know too much more than our peers. As a consequence, something that we see today will take years for others to see.

I remember the first time I realized Davidson Sanchez was a horrendous footballer and a wretched defender! I tried to bring it to Bobo IAG's attention and he got very angry! Insulted me and threw the last ogbono soup on his plate on my white shirt! hurling obalende parlance at me!

Today, 3 years later, his eye is clear! He has seen and felt immeasurable pain!

Aside from a coach, if there is one position in football that i know like the back of my hand, it is defense! I can tell you who is a top defender and who will never be. The only defender who has ever tricked me is Gerard Pique, whom at 18, I thought will be a worthless defender.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh my Danfo you are something else
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Sanchez and Tangaga were very useless and Reguilon hear am from that murphy guy on the wings. Other than that i thought every time Spurs passed 2/3 vertical passes, they were going to score. That was some performance from Ndombele. My goodness i was in awe.

Nothing alarming if im a spurs guy.....nothing here you havent see before. Jose is right when he saw players cant give what they dont have. Them just no sabi. It's a message to Levy. Get deadwood out.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ugbowo wrote:Sanchez and Tangaga were very useless and Reguilon hear am from that murphy guy on the wings. Other than that i thought every time Spurs passed 2/3 vertical passes, they were going to score. That was some performance from Ndombele. My goodness i was in awe.

Nothing alarming if im a spurs guy.....nothing here you havent see before. Jose is right when he saw players cant give what they dont have. Them just no sabi. It's a message to Levy. Get deadwood out.
KPOM!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cristao II wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Sanchez and Tangaga were very useless and Reguilon hear am from that murphy guy on the wings. Other than that i thought every time Spurs passed 2/3 vertical passes, they were going to score. That was some performance from Ndombele. My goodness i was in awe.

KPOM!!
But Jose brought in how many players already?

He also need to change their attitude!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The best thing Spurs have done this season is that they have completely demoralized and broken Bobo IAG :rotf: :rotf:

Bobo IaG wey get sharp mouth before like a seasoned bare breasted market woman wey dey sell pepper! :lol: Any small thing, e go shout "Paim!" Another thing e go shout "Pim!" Running his mouth like leaking toilet in September that they were oing to win the league. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Beating his chest and challenging anyone who dared to pipe him down! :lol:

Since then, the players have taken it upon themselves to break his spirit, humble him and zipped his mouth shut! The guy only appears every match day to post to himself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: kaiii!! burrriiiffffffuuullll! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cristao II wrote:

KPOM!!
Yet here's Moyes with Watford's Craig Dawson, big Angie Ogbonno soup, Jared Bowen and United reject, Jesse Lingard...And the point is?
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

KPOM!!
But Jose brought in how many players already?

He also need to change their attitude!
Seven I think. :lol: Sergio Regulion, Carlos Vinicus, Hojbjerg, Joe Hart, Joe Rodon, Matt Doherty and Gareth Bale.
Deadwood my a*** , who doesn't know it would get to this? Jose's script is well known once things don't work for him.
KK
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v MAN [WK 31]

Post by Its a Goal »

It is rather unfortunate that the players just can't buy into a winning mentality required to take the team to the next level. Before I used to blame the managers for the team's poor performances but with Jose in place I am seeing things in a different light. The fact that the captain and co-captain also express the same frustration about their teammates says a lot.

This weekend will say so much about the direction this team is going and what job Jose needs to do. For starters he has to repair the broken defense. This starts with recalling Toby and partnering him with Rodon. Rodon for me is the future. It is amazing how a lad from the Championship can move into a top PL club and have a far better performance compared to the one who has had 3 seasons with the club playing constantly!

Next is the RB position. Who starts? Aurier, Matt, or Tanganga? None of them fills one with so much confidence so one can only pick from the least worst player. I will go with Aurier in this part. Often he is a hit or miss. When he is on his game he will terrorize the opposition's backline to no end, but you can also expect him to give the opposition a lifeline with a foul at the worst place to concede one. Defensively he is superior to the other 2 likewise offensively. The only disadvantage he has is his age as Tanganga can be the future... On the other side there is no choice but to start Ben Davies. As good as Reggie is going forward he is nowhere near defensively disciplined enough to curtail attacks coming his way, which is what Davies has experience in abundance of.

Midfield, Jose has to continue with the pairing of Hójbjerg and Ndombele. Although Pierre hasn't been up to his usual standard in the last few weeks, he is still the best DM we have. Sissoko and Winks are just not at his level.

Upfront is where the big dilemma lies. Should Son and Kane start, where will that leave Moura, Lo Celso, Bale, and Lamela? In their own right all be starting alongside those 2 but it is a question of who fits in well. Moura should start as he is effective running with the ball down the middle and his work rate is often high. Lo Celso didn't have a great game last time out and often doesn't when on the pitch same time with Ndombele. Bale will show flashes of his old self when Spurs are allowed to go on the attack but when the team is under pressure he is nowhere to be found. Manure are going to put Spurs under so pressure so if he starts we might as well be playing with only 10 men. Lamela is an energizer bunny who loves a good dirty fight. He can run the opposition ragged for 60 minutes or for 30 minutes but not entire 90 minutes. He doesn't mind assisting in defense especially at the problematic RB.

Summer will be interesting. Who will be weeded out, who will be retained? Fans are already calling for Jose's head but as Alasdair Gold stated in an article, Jose's faith lies with Kane mainly, and Lloris to a large extent. If these 2 players continue to back him then he gets to stay. If he stays then it is going to be a question of addition by subtraction. The likes of Winks, Dele, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Sissoko, and Bergwijn will be looked upon as bargaining chips to help Jose build a team he can depend on to win something.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

Its a Goal wrote:It is rather unfortunate that the players just can't buy into a winning mentality required to take the team to the next level. Before I used to blame the managers for the team's poor performances but with Jose in place I am seeing things in a different light. The fact that the captain and co-captain also express the same frustration about their teammates says a lot.

This weekend will say so much about the direction this team is going and what job Jose needs to do. For starters he has to repair the broken defense. This starts with recalling Toby and partnering him with Rodon. Rodon for me is the future. It is amazing how a lad from the Championship can move into a top PL club and have a far better performance compared to the one who has had 3 seasons with the club playing constantly!

Next is the RB position. Who starts? Aurier, Matt, or Tanganga? None of them fills one with so much confidence so one can only pick from the least worst player. I will go with Aurier in this part. Often he is a hit or miss. When he is on his game he will terrorize the opposition's backline to no end, but you can also expect him to give the opposition a lifeline with a foul at the worst place to concede one. Defensively he is superior to the other 2 likewise offensively. The only disadvantage he has is his age as Tanganga can be the future... On the other side there is no choice but to start Ben Davies. As good as Reggie is going forward he is nowhere near defensively disciplined enough to curtail attacks coming his way, which is what Davies has experience in abundance of.

Midfield, Jose has to continue with the pairing of Hójbjerg and Ndombele. Although Pierre hasn't been up to his usual standard in the last few weeks, he is still the best DM we have. Sissoko and Winks are just not at his level.

Upfront is where the big dilemma lies. Should Son and Kane start, where will that leave Moura, Lo Celso, Bale, and Lamela? In their own right all be starting alongside those 2 but it is a question of who fits in well. Moura should start as he is effective running with the ball down the middle and his work rate is often high. Lo Celso didn't have a great game last time out and often doesn't when on the pitch same time with Ndombele. Bale will show flashes of his old self when Spurs are allowed to go on the attack but when the team is under pressure he is nowhere to be found. Manure are going to put Spurs under so pressure so if he starts we might as well be playing with only 10 men. Lamela is an energizer bunny who loves a good dirty fight. He can run the opposition ragged for 60 minutes or for 30 minutes but not entire 90 minutes. He doesn't mind assisting in defense especially at the problematic RB.

Summer will be interesting. Who will be weeded out, who will be retained? Fans are already calling for Jose's head but as Alasdair Gold stated in an article, Jose's faith lies with Kane mainly, and Lloris to a large extent. If these 2 players continue to back him then he gets to stay. If he stays then it is going to be a question of addition by subtraction. The likes of Winks, Dele, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Sissoko, and Bergwijn will be looked upon as bargaining chips to help Jose build a team he can depend on to win something.
Aaamen o :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
KK
ale62
Egg
Egg

Post by ale62 »

Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

I don't think it's Mourinho's fault.
I felt like everyone was in another world!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am supporting ManU today. HARRY KANE has announced he will leave spurs if Spurs fails to qualify for the Euros. Chelsea needs a number 9 and will break the bank for him. May Spurs fail to qualify for the champs league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0jGGxdm6lw[/video]
BREAKING: Harry Kane to leave Tottenham if they fail to qualify for Champions League
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Best of success today. I am still on my no Spurs till July strike. Key today will be player motivations. Spurs are in a weird run of form. This is a team we can and should be beat.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8