EURO 2020 [S-M]: ENG 2 v 1 DEN [2-ET]

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EURO 2020 [S-M]: ENG 2 v 1 DEN [2-ET]

Post by felarey »

It's extra time in the Euro Semi final, why give the ref a decision to make? With VAR, when there's a possiblity the on -field ref could be right, they go with the ref. Sterling was surrounded by red shirts, ofcourse he's looking for it, the optics of him hitting the deck from any type of contact was always going to be a decision. But why give the ref that responsibility???
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: EURO 2020 [S-M]: ENG 1 v 1 DEN [1-ET]

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Coach wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:12 pm
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:10 pm Ouch!!! Clear dive. Them no dey use VAR?
Mussolini must be mauled, a task beyond the Danes. England will hammer the Itals.
Coach, I admire your confido. But make we tell the truth and shame the devil. This same England wey we take our eyes see so are not in the same class as the Italians.
-Simpli fy -
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

GWG, yesterday I said of the two teams that played England will fancy their chances with the Italians as they look to be tiring out. This English team is fit and will run the Italians ragged. Yes, Italy will score but as time goes on England will stretch them and put them under pressure they will crack. I honestly see England beating Italy in 90 minutes.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:43 pm GWG, yesterday I said of the two teams that played England will fancy their chances with the Italians as they look to be tiring out. This English team is fit and will run the Italians ragged. Yes, Italy will score but as time goes on England will stretch them and put them under pressure they will crack. I honestly see England beating Italy in 90 minutes.
IAG. that's a sizzling hot sport opinion. You do know know football. I do kind of hope you are right.
-Simpli fy -
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: EURO 2020 [S-M]: ENG 1 v 1 DEN [2-H]

Post by Sleaky72 »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:51 pm
soothsayer wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:39 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:35 pm This is what planning and execution can do.
The English years ago established St. George’s park
and decided to revamp their whole fball philosophy.

They finally win youth trophies, made the World Cup
semis and are now in the Euro finals. Yeah say what you
want but proper planning has led to better execution.
Kudos 2 the Lions
And notice more black players in the team... some of the same black players that the racist newspapers was slagging off
If dem like make dem exclude black players. They will only be making themselves weaker. I will never forget how King Andy Cole was blacklisted.
Did they exclude Cole because of skin color?
Surely they had Shearer, Fowler and Owen to play in those positions, no? Was very young then but I used to read up on my fball history.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

felarey wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:01 pm It's extra time in the Euro Semi final, why give the ref a decision to make? With VAR, when there's a possiblity the on -field ref could be right, they go with the ref. Sterling was surrounded by red shirts, ofcourse he's looking for it, the optics of him hitting the deck from any type of contact was always going to be a decision. But why give the ref that responsibility???
IMO, the ref did it because he ignored an obvious foul on Kane earlier which should have been a penalty. He must have seen the replays, realised his mistake, and was looking for any excuse to correct the mistake.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It wasn’t a penalty, but alas, much like the proclamations of Sticman over a thunderous beat, “it’s bigger than football”. Wembley will have hosted the most money making matches, despite England’s rate of Covid exceeding all others. The Norsemen did well. Very well. But they were never making the final. Two words. Alfred. As for the men from Mussolini, they’ll do as Benito did.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

cchinukw wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm This is a lesson on how to rebuild on a national scale.

There is no shortcut to brilliance. None.

This is what I mean by Excellence - zero tolerance for mediocrity and man know man. You are only on the team by merit.
By doing away with the overpaid foreign coaches :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:24 pm Smart play from Kane. Instead of trying to score he opts for ball retention.
Nothing smart about it
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:35 pm This is what planning and execution can do.

Kudos 2 the Lions
Well said :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:15 pm

Kudos 2 the Lions
It was clear you could see this coming, with some luck they will win some things with this generation of players and the preparation to match.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:40 am It wasn’t a penalty, but alas, much like the proclamations of Sticman over a thunderous beat, “it’s bigger than football”. Wembley will have hosted the most money making matches, despite England’s rate of Covid exceeding all others. The Norsemen did well. Very well. But they were never making the final. Two words. Alfred. As for the men from Mussolini, they’ll do as Benito did.
That ojoro ref favoured Ingerlund throughout the game, with Sterling and HarryKane of the Hammers (another comic book hero) diving at every turn and getting the calls. It was written in the UEFA stars that Ingerlund would meet Italia in the final. However, the final itself is another matter. Once money is in pockets, anything can happen. :D :taunt:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kudos 2 the Lions
Nna, fear don dey catch me oh. Copying the French, this Hingrish pipul have now reached the Euro Final. They might even win it :ohmy: and before you know wetin dey happun, they will aim for the Worl Cup and win it. :sad: God forbid bad tin. :D God no go gree. :D :taunt:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Kudos 2 the Lions

Thank you Sir.
I was still a young lad when I heard the old
FA chairman talk about the goals of St. George’s park
and the plan to win the 2022 World Cup.
Many scoffed at the idea but you can’t sniff that they
have taken the steps towards this by winning at the youth level
and making it to the RUSSIA semis and now the finals of the Euros.

Again the keyword was PROPER PLANNING!!

This article encapsulates the whole goal and dream.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/24466418
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Nice article, thanks for sharing. 2 easy starter steps Nigeria can copy - 1. a national centre - maybe Surulere could be turned into that! 2. Coaches education - everyone and anyone coaching football should be trained from secondary school coaches to academy coaches to National team coaches. But hey, would there be enough money to chop inside...I would assume
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

GG of G wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:27 pm Nice article, thanks for sharing. 2 easy starter steps Nigeria can copy - 1. a national centre - maybe Surulere could be turned into that! 2. Coaches education - everyone and anyone coaching football should be trained from secondary school coaches to academy coaches to National team coaches. But hey, would there be enough money to chop inside...I would assume
TBH,
I dunno much about Nigeria’s set up and the politics within
but I feel that for it to succeed it might have to be a private investment by benevolent individuals tryin to bequeath a legacy.
The agreement would then be to allow the government to lease it. From what I’ve heard about government run projects in Nigeria it’d prolly be a white elephant or road 2 nowhere if we are expecting a government run project akin to St. George’s park.

But it’s all about having visions, a capable leader and the capacity and drive to execute. Lofty ideals but certainly doable.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Finally some relief from the pain Denmark inflicted on me at France 98. 8-) :lol: 8-)
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Kudos 2 the Lions
It wasn't only St George Park, a lot of money went to grassroots with football fields and 5 a side all weather football pitches springing up all over the place where youths were playing.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:43 pm GWG, yesterday I said of the two teams that played England will fancy their chances with the Italians as they look to be tiring out. This English team is fit and will run the Italians ragged. Yes, Italy will score but as time goes on England will stretch them and put them under pressure they will crack. I honestly see England beating Italy in 90 minutes.
If Italy scores first and depending on when especially late in the game it would be tough for England to come back and the Italians will be feigning injuries for freekicks and killing time.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

You can take it to the bank, England will beat Italy on Sunday. Apart from the obvious home advantage, the English team is stronger than their counterparts with Donarumma being the only Italian player to start for England. The England squad is strong all round and Oloye made an observation during the semifinals against Denmark, that the Danes got weaker with every substitution while the reverse was the case for England. The England squad has got to be the fittest in world football because even in extra time, the English full-backs were still bombing forward while the Danes wilted.
The longer game goes on Sunday, the better for England.
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:51 pm You can take it to the bank, England will beat Italy on Sunday. Apart from the obvious home advantage, the English team is stronger than their counterparts with Donarumma being the only Italian player to start for England. The England squad is strong all round and Oloye made an observation during the semifinals against Denmark, that the Danes got weaker with every substitution while the reverse was the case for England. The England squad has got to be the fittest in world football because even in extra time, the English full-backs were still bombing forward while the Danes wilted.
The longer game goes on Sunday, the better for England.
...but don't rule out those dwarfs playing upfront for Italy, plus the old man in the back. Though I think Sterling will cause havoc on him, go low while dribbling and get pushed down.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I watched it again, it was a penalty. You don't have to take a players leg off to be awarded a penalty. the defender missed the ball and made contact. Even before then he pushed Sterling. The foul on Kane was also a penalty. It was a soft penalty, but still a penalty.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."