2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] MAC v TOT [WK 23]

Post by Coach »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:49 am It is more than weird. It calls into question the neutrality of the 4th official.
Does it really?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:49 am It is more than weird. It calls into question the neutrality of the 4th official.

That's why you are a spuds supporter. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Watched the game again..

Shades of Italia '82 about the Spurs team...

the spacing, layout of the attack, but with a more expansive #9

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] BUR v TOT [WK 24]

Post by Cristao II »

One of the beauties of being a Spurs fan is learning to be optimistic when there are no grounds to be optimistic and pessimistic when there are no grounds to be.

COYS!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Same team as the one that played on Saturday. Good luck to the lads as I won’t be able to watch them play :(.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

We are still cursed. Useless mentality
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Useless club.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Tottenham So Spursy!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

CURSED! WORTHLESS! SHAMELESS!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:02 pm Same team as the one that played on Saturday. Good luck to the lads as I won’t be able to watch them play :(.
SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH!!! ARE YOU DONE LAUGHING? Fluke win against City, and you were twerking with one yansh! Game that you had 10% possession :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: cursed club!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:30 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:21 pm C-U-R-S-E-D :oops: :rotf: :rotf:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:30 pm @cristao,

Is Conte still overrated?
TxJ,

Is Conte better than Sean Dyche?

:rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:44 pm

TxJ,

In the medieval age, yes...

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:42 pm CURSED! WORTHLESS! SHAMELESS!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for the curse you put on them,Dam beat City and open nyash to Burnley few days after.I know you were setting them for failure and wanted to teach Pep some sense.....
Last edited by kajifu on Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:19 am
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: its Danfo curse no other way to explain that.lol
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Danfo Conte want run ooooh.
Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has suggested he may not be the right man to manage the club.

Spurs lost for the fourth time in five Premier League games as Ben Mee's 71st-minute header boosted Burnley's battle against relegation.

At the final whistle, a disappointed Conte, 52, headed straight to the dressing room on his own.

And he said: "I came here to help the club and if the problem could be the coach I'm ready to go, no problem."

Conte emerged for his post-match media engagements, but refused to talk about the game and instead spoke about his current plight.

"I am not used to this situation. I am trying everything but the situation is not changing," added the Italian. "I am available and open with the club to do what the club wants.

"I want to help the club, I work a lot, I work very hard. I am giving 20 hours a day to Tottenham and the other four hours I sleep but it is not enough.

"The performance can be good and the commitment was good but we lost. For me the situation is unacceptable. To lose four of five [games] for Tottenham has to be a disaster.

"I came in to try to improve the situation. Maybe in this moment I am not so good to improve the situation. I am too honest to close my eyes and continue in this way.

"For sure we are to speak and have a conversation with the club to try and find the best solution to help the team not have this type of situation.

"It is the right moment to make assessment. I repeat, I am really frustrated."

Conte has only been in charge for 22 games after the former Juventus, Chelsea and Inter Milan boss was appointed successor to Nuno Espirito Santo in November.

However, he has suggested recently he is not happy with the situation he has inherited at Tottenham.

Conte did try to deflect some critical comments he made during an interview with Sky Italia, stating it was due to an incorrect translation.

But with Spurs in eighth place and seven points off fourth, his future is now uncertain.

When asked specifically by another media outlet whether he would still be in charge for Saturday's game at Leeds, Conte walked away from the interview without answering the question.

"In the last five games, we are playing like we are in relegation [trouble]," he said. "This is the reality. Maybe there is something wrong.

"I want to take responsibility. If I have that, I'm open for every decision. I have ambition, I hate to lose. To take my salary, it is not right at this moment.

"I want to help Tottenham, from the first day I arrive, but four defeats in five... This is the first time in my life this type of situation has happened.

"At the moment we could finish 10th, 12th, 13th. We could finish in the same position as when I arrived here."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60501859
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:02 pm Same team as the one that played on Saturday. Good luck to the lads as I won’t be able to watch them play :(.
It’s A Goat, you didn’t miss a thing. I watched for you. :D :D :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:06 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:44 pm

TxJ,

In the medieval age, yes...
This was how you hyped Benitxj. Now the man cannot even find work in China. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When I speak, you should take a seat and listen! Okay?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:19 am

Only Tottenham can snatch failure form the lips of success! A cursed club!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Coward about to cut out! never seen a coward like this. once things get though, the coward shrinks and hides. i know him very well. its poeple like TXJ, who know little about football, who do not know this chap. :oops: :oops:
kajifu wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:49 am Oga Danfo Conte want run ooooh.
Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has suggested he may not be the right man to manage the club.

Spurs lost for the fourth time in five Premier League games as Ben Mee's 71st-minute header boosted Burnley's battle against relegation.

At the final whistle, a disappointed Conte, 52, headed straight to the dressing room on his own.

And he said: "I came here to help the club and if the problem could be the coach I'm ready to go, no problem."

Conte emerged for his post-match media engagements, but refused to talk about the game and instead spoke about his current plight.

"I am not used to this situation. I am trying everything but the situation is not changing," added the Italian. "I am available and open with the club to do what the club wants.

"I want to help the club, I work a lot, I work very hard. I am giving 20 hours a day to Tottenham and the other four hours I sleep but it is not enough.

"The performance can be good and the commitment was good but we lost. For me the situation is unacceptable. To lose four of five [games] for Tottenham has to be a disaster.

"I came in to try to improve the situation. Maybe in this moment I am not so good to improve the situation. I am too honest to close my eyes and continue in this way.

"For sure we are to speak and have a conversation with the club to try and find the best solution to help the team not have this type of situation.

"It is the right moment to make assessment. I repeat, I am really frustrated."

Conte has only been in charge for 22 games after the former Juventus, Chelsea and Inter Milan boss was appointed successor to Nuno Espirito Santo in November.

However, he has suggested recently he is not happy with the situation he has inherited at Tottenham.

Conte did try to deflect some critical comments he made during an interview with Sky Italia, stating it was due to an incorrect translation.

But with Spurs in eighth place and seven points off fourth, his future is now uncertain.

When asked specifically by another media outlet whether he would still be in charge for Saturday's game at Leeds, Conte walked away from the interview without answering the question.

"In the last five games, we are playing like we are in relegation [trouble]," he said. "This is the reality. Maybe there is something wrong.

"I want to take responsibility. If I have that, I'm open for every decision. I have ambition, I hate to lose. To take my salary, it is not right at this moment.

"I want to help Tottenham, from the first day I arrive, but four defeats in five... This is the first time in my life this type of situation has happened.

"At the moment we could finish 10th, 12th, 13th. We could finish in the same position as when I arrived here."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60501859
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

“The players are the same” comment says it all. It appears as though Conte wasn’t given the tools desired and in Antonio Conte fashion is letting Levy know he’s ready to walk. Hilarious. Hard to see Spurs attracting another high profile manager after this.