2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] MAU v TOT [WK 27]

Post by Its a Goal »

Why is Bentacur suddenly looking like he is overwhelmed?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Davies score but was offside. Went a little too early.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Close. Dier header cleared off the line.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Indecision at the top is what is breaking down scoring opportunities.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dier with a yellow for foul on Ronaldo. Now he has to be extremely careful.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs freekick outside the 18. Dier takes it.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Into the wall.

Kulu gives Spurs a pen.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane to take it.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Goal.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane now ties Rooney with the most away goals wit 94.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

How did defense go to sleep?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

VAR gives it. No surprise. If it were Spurs the lines will be the other way.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Absolutely pathetic.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Its a Goal wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:10 pm VAR gives it. No surprise. If it were Spurs the lines will be the other way.
And rightly so.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Even though Spurs are behind I like what I am watching. Full commitment.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

IAG you do well. We have a manager who is very tactically inflexible currently. One isn't watching the game as I am contemplating boycotting the EPL but one wonders if Conte will instead insist the players are not working hard enough rather than making tweaks. From the lineup you posted - it will be interesting to see what the final result is. Cristiano Ronaldo is a behemoth.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hojbjerg just slightly overpassed to Son who would have been through on goal.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:09 pm How did defense go to sleep?
They didn't go to sleep,they were just lazy,both goals came out of laziness. The first one ,Dier stood still daring Ronaldo to take a shot. The second was even more pathetic, Reguilon decided to step out instead of going with Ronaldo after keeping him on. A younger Reguilon lazy to do a 20m sprint with a 37 year old Ronaldo....that is the laziness that has cost Spurs in this game.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Another corner kick to Spurs. They have make good one of these deadball opportunities.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

oloye wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:39 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:09 pm How did defense go to sleep?
They didn't go to sleep,they were just lazy,both goals came out of laziness. The first one ,Dier stood still daring Ronaldo to take a shot. The second was even more pathetic, Reguilon decided to step out instead of going with Ronaldo after keeping him on. A younger Reguilon lazy to do a 20m sprint with a 37 year old Ronaldo....that is the laziness that has cost Spurs in this game.
Can't dispute any of the analysis made for the goals conceded.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bentacur has been extremely disappointing today. Unfortunately you can't bring Winks in to take his place as that is recipe for disaster.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Wingbacks have been disappointing today.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son should have done better.