The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by tolahs »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:32 am Is there a worse striker than Lacazette starting for a top ten team? I’m no Pepe fan but I wouldn’t mind him as a false nine in a game like this
He's actually praised for effort these days - with Arsenal, the striker has to play a certain way else you're on the bench. Laca has only started playing 90mins yet we want him to do Firmino level shift - he ain't that guy
Let's hope we include Victor Osimhen as a target in the off season
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:36 am Arteta is not it.Yet the Kroenkes want to give him a new contract. He can't beat a quality manager. Sure he will beat the teams he is expected to beat.
His agent & media arm will give the Trump publicists a run for their money. They've got the fan base on their knees draining the lolly. It started with ManC wanted him as a replacement for Pep - just know no rumour about Pep leaving; Now it's PSG looking his way - they're trying to rush Arsenal into a contract - why not wait till the end of the season, see where we finish b4 any deals - like Titi said, anything short of the top 4 is failure - no Euro engagements
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:52 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:36 am Arteta is not it.Yet the Kroenkes want to give him a new contract. He can't beat a quality manager. Sure he will beat the teams he is expected to beat.
His agent & media arm will give the Trump publicists a run for their money. They've got the fan base on their knees draining the lolly. It started with ManC wanted him as a replacement for Pep - just know no rumour about Pep leaving; Now it's PSG looking his way - they're trying to rush Arsenal into a contract - why not wait till the end of the season, see where we finish b4 any deals - like Titi said, anything short of the top 4 is failure - no Euro engagements
Will take Europe league. But Arsenal got to upgrade at the manager position. Arsenal got to become a club that makes smart decisions in the transfer market. Can't be selling players at a loss or letting guys run down their contracts. We can't spend money like City.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don't know what Arsenal fans are lamenting about,you lost to a team way above your league. Rather than compare your team to Liverpool ,it would serve you better to assess your team by how far the rebuilding process has come. There has been a steady progression and this is the best position in terms of performance I have seen Arsenal in the last 3 or even 4 seasons.

Just a couple of months ago the fans could barely watch their teams, a draw like last night would have seen an expectation of goals against Arsenal.

I don't know what many fans were watching last night,if I had read only this thread and not seen the game I would have thought the performance was still pretty much like the dross we were seeing at the beginning of the season.

The difference in the game last night was the class in quality of personnel on the field. Arsenal have as much as they got and they had chances which were not taken.

Any team losing to Liverpool or City should not even fret ,those two belong to a different league.
As far as I am concerned this team is growing, they are going on winning runs and doing it steadily.

It is not a top 4 team yet ,but it can easily do it and if it continues in this projection,it will settle there in the next couple of season.

The boys it would appear are adjusting to Arteta ,there are still tweaks needed here and there. Arteta is getting a lot out of the team,to be fair to him he has.

There was a time when some Liverpool fans felt Klop was not doing enough too,heck some even mocked him for not winning trophies,today Liverpool is arguably one of the best teams in the world right now.

I am not comparing Arteta to Klopp, but I see a similarity in terms of the development and progression of the club. Whether Arsenal fans accept it or not,I see progress. For someone who over the last decade have found joy watching the team drop points ,something which I really enjoyed most at the beginning of the season,I find that joy being denied me in the last couple of months as Arsenal have consistently raked in the points with wins after wins.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

oloye wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:00 pm I don't know what Arsenal fans are lamenting about,you lost to a team way above your league. Rather than compare your team to Liverpool ,it would serve you better to assess your team by how far the rebuilding process has come. There has been a steady progression and this is the best position in terms of performance I have seen Arsenal in the last 3 or even 4 seasons.

Just a couple of months ago the fans could barely watch their teams, a draw like last night would have seen an expectation of goals against Arsenal.

I don't know what many fans were watching last night,if I had read only this thread and not seen the game I would have thought the performance was still pretty much like the dross we were seeing at the beginning of the season.

The difference in the game last night was the class in quality of personnel on the field. Arsenal have as much as they got and they had chances which were not taken.

Any team losing to Liverpool or City should not even fret ,those two belong to a different league.
As far as I am concerned this team is growing, they are going on winning runs and doing it steadily.

It is not a top 4 team yet ,but it can easily do it and if it continues in this projection,it will settle there in the next couple of season.

The boys it would appear are adjusting to Arteta ,there are still tweaks needed here and there. Arteta is getting a lot out of the team,to be fair to him he has.

There was a time when some Liverpool fans felt Klop was not doing enough too,heck some even mocked him for not winning trophies,today Liverpool is arguably one of the best teams in the world right now.

I am not comparing Arteta to Klopp, but I see a similarity in terms of the development and progression of the club. Whether Arsenal fans accept it or not,I see progress. For someone who over the last decade have found joy watching the team drop points ,something which I really enjoyed most at the beginning of the season,I find that joy being denied me in the last couple of months as Arsenal have consistently raked in the points with wins after wins.
Chief the issue is not about comparison but rather where we want to be. Do we want to be like the rest in the EPL bar Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea? Based on this lies how to judge Arteta's performane.
IMHO, Arteta is simply on a never-ending rebuilding process. Come summer, Kroenke and co will make money available and the results will be the same. The main issue here is Arteta never built a competitive team prior to his appointment as the coach. And as such does not know how to actually go about forming a team talkless of rebuilding one.
Take a little walk to Crystal Palace and see the amazing work Viera has done with the players at his disposal. Is not a joke to take 4 points off Man City in a season. This is no mean joke considering the resources at his disposal. Give the current Arsenal team to Viera and back him to the tilt the way Arteta has been backed and in less than the time Arteta has been here, Arsenal will be competiting for the title.
I hope Arsenal owners come calling soon enough before Man City does.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

And if I may add, when Arteta came on board and with the team he met on ground, as bad as those players were claimed to be, he defeated Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. But since he began his overhaul and rebuilding process beating any of those 3 teams has been a mirage.
That explains all you need to know about Arteta.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:08 pm
oloye wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:00 pm I don't know what Arsenal fans are lamenting about,you lost to a team way above your league. Rather than compare your team to Liverpool ,it would serve you better to assess your team by how far the rebuilding process has come. There has been a steady progression and this is the best position in terms of performance I have seen Arsenal in the last 3 or even 4 seasons.

Chief the issue is not about comparison but rather where we want to be. Do we want to be like the rest in the EPL bar Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea? Based on this lies how to judge Arteta's performane.
IMHO, Arteta is simply on a never-ending rebuilding process. Come summer, Kroenke and co will make money available and the results will be the same. The main issue here is Arteta never built a competitive team prior to his appointment as the coach. And as such does not know how to actually go about forming a team talkless of rebuilding one.
Take a little walk to Crystal Palace and see the amazing work Viera has done with the players at his disposal. Is not a joke to take 4 points off Man City in a season. This is no mean joke considering the resources at his disposal. Give the current Arsenal team to Viera and back him to the tilt the way Arteta has been backed and in less than the time Arteta has been here, Arsenal will be competiting for the title.
Spot On Azuka.
Yet in fairness, it’s not fair to compare Arteta to Viera.
PV4 is so far above him as a coach in terms of experience and the Know How that comes from being an elite player.
Now if you wanna say that Kroenke’s missed a play during the summer by not giving the job to PV4 then I’m all with ya. Has the team made strides? Yes.
Is he still lacking in game management and decision making? Absolutely.

Arsenal is suffering under the growing pains of an inexperienced coach. And the players are not helping with their mental lapses. The ones that led to their goals and the ones we failed to convert when the chances presented themselves are mind numbing ..: we desperately need upgrades at key positions hence my understanding why they were so in for Vlahovic who played them for suckers. Thank you Emery for schooling those clowns from Turin!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Strangely enough you said it is not about comparison and in the same response you proceeded to compare Arsenal with CP ,and PV. To start with you did mention that Arteta has never built a competitive team before ,yes ,but he managed to win an FA cup and has taken this team to within making top 4. If that is not progress for a team of the calibre I see out there ,then you guys can keep on moaning. ManU have better by far personnel,but I know who has a better team of the two, that again is another progress.

Is the team a finished product hell no, at no point am even insinuating that. The problem here is that it does not matter where you want to go,moaning unnecessarily won't get you there,but recognising the process and seeing measurable growth indices can help to restore hope.

I am happy you brought in Kroenke which again highlights my point,the team has done well inspite of the distraction those guys might have become. In fairness to the man , Arsenal had three great signings this season possibly 4, Ramsdale,The Japanese guy, Partey and Ben the guy from Brighton. Those 4 helped transformed the team. Don't worry if you fans cannot spot these things ,we neutrals will highlight it.

Arteta I want to believe has navigated the learning curve and has done it successfully ,the team I believe now understand him and he has a firm control over the team now. He has a dressing room that is fully under his control. These things are needed for the team building. If they finished top 4 this season,they over achieved ,but they should finish in top 6. Now for a team that has been in the wilderness that is a massive come back.

You fans should pray that the team build on what they have achieved this season. For now Arteta seems to be the way to go.

As for CPL well Viera has more experience than Arteta and if by now it cannot start to show,then he must be a bad manager. Yes he has done well ,as far as CP level is concerned.

I see no comparison between PV ,CP and Arteta ,Arsenal....both operate on separate lanes. But yes both have done well this season,I think that is the only comparison.

By the way longest time,trust you are keeping well.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:25 pm

Spot On Azuka.
PV4 is so far above him as a coach in terms of experience and the Know How that comes from being an elite player.
Now if you wanna say that Kroenke’s missed a play during the summer by not giving the job to PV4 then I’m all with ya. Has the team made strides? Yes.

Arsenal is suffering under the growing pains of an inexperienced coach. And the players are not helping with their mental lapses. The ones that led to their goals and the ones we failed to convert when the chances presented themselves are mind numbing ..: we desperately need upgrades at key positions hence my understanding why they were so in for Vlahovic who played them for suckers. Thank you Emery for schooling those clowns from Turin!
I agree with you in most parts. However i disagree with the following line:

I disagree because we all saw his game management with the team he met on ground in the 1st 6months of his reign. And in the process defeated Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U. His biggest problem is inability to form a team. He doesn't know how to bridge the gap between the practicality of team forming with the theory. And that's the biggest issue he has.

On Viera, it is an eye openner with what he's achieving with Crystal Palace. Early days yet, but the sign is there which one cannot say about Arteta's Arsenal. Don't get me wrong, we have seen glimpses of what the future could look like under Arteta. But the question we have is when is the future exactly with Arteta?

Come summer, another overhaul of the team will be undertaken which in my opinion is simply an unending rebuilding process.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

oloye wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:09 pm

Strangely enough you said it is not about comparison and in the same response you proceeded to compare Arsenal with CP ,and PV. To start with you did mention that Arteta has never built a competitive team before ,yes ,but he managed to win an FA cup and has taken this team to within making top 4. If that is not progress for a team of the calibre I see out there ,then you guys can keep on moaning. ManU have better by far personnel,but I know who has a better team of the two, that again is another progress.

Is the team a finished product hell no, at no point am even insinuating that. The problem here is that it does not matter where you want to go,moaning unnecessarily won't get you there,but recognising the process and seeing measurable growth indices can help to restore hope.

I am happy you brought in Kroenke which again highlights my point,the team has done well inspite of the distraction those guys might have become. In fairness to the man , Arsenal had three great signings this season possibly 4, Ramsdale,The Japanese guy, Partey and Ben the guy from Brighton. Those 4 helped transformed the team. Don't worry if you fans cannot spot these things ,we neutrals will highlight it.

Arteta I want to believe has navigated the learning curve and has done it successfully ,the team I believe now understand him and he has a firm control over the team now. He has a dressing room that is fully under his control. These things are needed for the team building. If they finished top 4 this season,they over achieved ,but they should finish in top 6. Now for a team that has been in the wilderness that is a massive come back.

You fans should pray that the team build on what they have achieved this season. For now Arteta seems to be the way to go.

As for CPL well Viera has more experience than Arteta and if by now it cannot start to show,then he must be a bad manager. Yes he has done well ,as far as CP level is concerned.

I see no comparison between PV ,CP and Arteta ,Arsenal....both operate on separate lanes. But yes both have done well this season,I think that is the only comparison.

By the way longest time,trust you are keeping well.
Oloye baba, what I meant about the comparison is that it is not about comparing quality of Arsenal with Liverpool and co. It is about competing with them. Can we compete. Yes he won the FA and Charity. But note the fact that he won that with a team he MET on ground, a point which you are not considering. A team he has totally dismantled and after which beating any of Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea has been a mirage.
No doubting there's progress. But it is a progress that gets distorted every summer. Progress that doesn't get built on. Progress is like building a house. You put blocks on each other and the progress is there for all to see. That's not the case with Arteta's Arsenal. We are simply on an unending rebuilding process. Thank God we all saw how Klopp undertook his rebuilding of Liverpool. And yes his lack of experience has a lot to do with it. The question is when will we have a finished product?
At least, for one he can not complain about support. But i feel with the amount he had already spend, the team should have been in a better shape than it is now.
You mentioned Man U but in my opinion, the progress the former coach made with Man U was truncated by the powers that be in Man U when they brought in Ronaldo. Without Ronaldo, Man U under Sol will be competiting for the EPL given the progress he has made rebuilding the team. Now that progress is stunted.

My brother we dey oo. How your side?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:19 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:25 pm

Spot On Azuka.

I agree with you in most parts. However i disagree with the following line:

I disagree because we all saw his game management with the team he met on ground in the 1st 6months of his reign. And in the process defeated Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U. His biggest problem is inability to form a team. He doesn't know how to bridge the gap between the practicality of team forming with the theory. And that's the biggest issue he has.

On Viera, it is an eye openner with what he's achieving with Crystal Palace. Early days yet, but the sign is there which one cannot say about Arteta's Arsenal. Don't get me wrong, we have seen glimpses of what the future could look like under Arteta. But the question we have is when is the future exactly with Arteta?

Come summer, another overhaul of the team will be undertaken which in my opinion is simply an unending rebuilding process.
Azuka coming into a game with a plan to park the bus isn’t game management.
Making timely adjustments, including substitutions, formation changes and team philosophy is what I consider when I mention game management.

Playing an injured Saka late in the game against Leicester is sheer incompetence … and then seeing he was off the boil for most of this past game is another testament to how poor his game management is.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

tolahs wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:52 am
Titi is there talking too about manager rating ok o :veryangry: :veryangry:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chai !! Oloye is coming back home o ! Arteta is doing wonders niyen !

Anyhow sha we lost to a better team but I have to agree with Scorpion and the rest ..this game in particular was down to game management and taking chances.

Saka and Odegaard should haver been subbed earlier or not even started . He tried to fix this but the game was lost by that time. This is one areas he really needs to improve .

I also think not having a clinical striker is hampering.

We also need to find better cover for Tomi , Thierney and Partey. Right now anyone of those takes a knock and we are toast.

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

The much maligned Auba just sent Barca into the next round
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Thank God i watched the Arsenal v Liverpool game the other day. If i didn't and i came here to read the comments i would probably think that Liverpool dominated completely and destroyed us, like there's a 50 mile gap between the 2 teams.

From the game i watched, Arsenal had a very good game and if we took our chances like they did, we would have drawn if not won the game. In terms of stats, it was a balanced game and goal opportunities were the same. The difference was that liverpool were more clinical and we were not.

Like watching Brighton vs Liverpool, if brighton took their changes against pool, they would have drawn or won.

Our problem was little mistakes that they punished us while their mistakes were not punished.

I am proud of the boys for putting a good effort and standing and fighting right to the end. I have seen Arsenal vs Pool before were at 20mins im praying the referee blows the final whistle.

My conclusion, very good effort from the boy, we need to address our final 3rd and finishing areas and little mistakes like we did but good effort.

On to the next game against Villa.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Look at this fool Xhaka.
Winning by one and almost at half time and he takes a needless yellow in a tense game … please get rid uv!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

If the commentators have already pegged Xhaka as a walking liability you Villa will be instructed to make the clown bag a second yellow.
Bloody walking liability!

On the other hand the lads are balling but we need the cushion of a second or third goal to be comfortable..: loads of fball left 2 play
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Laca sha . I hope he finds he groove. We really need him to find his scoring boots.
Casts a very frustrated figure.

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Leno and Xhaka are ticking time bombs.
Now Cedric on a yellow cuz of that cheater AY.
This is where Mikel struggles … need fresh legs now
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Odegaard is starting to make mistakes. Maybe he is tired ?

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Sorry but Laca no be am.

...Socrates
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

What a selfish play from Laca. That was really dumb.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Nkethia’s turn to come do absolutely nothing. I hope he proves me wrong. I love those kind of humble pies.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."