The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:35 am
azuka wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:15 pm
Waffiman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:51 am
azuka wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:12 pm And if I may add, when Arteta came on board and with the team he met on ground, as bad as those players were claimed to be, he defeated Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. But since he began his overhaul and rebuilding process beating any of those 3 teams has been a mirage.
That explains all you need to know about Arteta.
My bro, surely Arteta has done enough to earn some respect and believe from you.

Yes he did, beat the top teams then. It is cos they had the unity between players and coaching team. But things changed both on and off the pitch, and Arteta was forced to adapt with the kids. Those players almost got him fired but the club stuck with him.

I once feared the worst for Arteta and saw us as a mid table team at best start of the season. The basis of my reasoning was his reliance of too few players. Not anymore. No one expected what they are seeing with this team. More players have come in and given us a fine young team in the making. The fact is, we are not supposed to be doing what we are doing. But we are doing it and doing it with panache, swagger and style.

Yes. He has had huge backing but this has been a planned process, you and I may not have agreed with all the decisions but we cannot argue with what are are becoming as a team.

I know many are still not convinced for whatever reason(s). That's fine, it is part of the game. Ultimately, it is what happens on the pitch that decides footballing issues there. People will always find reasons to be convinced, and your reason about the top 3 is valid IMHO. However, my view is you are too quick to judge on this issue. It will take time and we are heading the right direction.

Some see this young team's togetherness, enjoying their football, winning away from home, then they complain because we celebrate. It is like they want to dictate to us how we should celebrate our victories. They don't get it. Wolves thought it was about them. Villa tried to convince themselves it was about beating them. The fact is it has got nothing to do with them. It is about us, not about them.

There's something going on with us that is transcending, it is new, it is young, it is transformational. It is our team, It is about most of us fans, our manager, our club. We can feel it, they can't.

My bro, I hope you are are feeling it. I beg you, put everything aside, and enjoy this ride because they don't come often. The last time we had a young team with Academy players get results and change the mood of the club, was over 30 years ago - A young manager called George Graham and his young team. Many of us see this team and remember, Rocastle, Adam's, Davis, Thomas and what their beginning brought to us. There are so many similarities.

We have won 10 of the last 13. Only Liverpool and City have beaten us, and we outplayed both for long periods.

We won 5 in a row away from home.

We have developed in defence and are hard to score against. We are still getting better here too.

We are very strong at set-pieces - scoring and defending. Indeed, we are yet to concede a goal from a corner this season.

The fans are once again the 12th man. The unity of the fans being behind the players, has visibly affected a young team positively.

Some of our players are feared and respected even by the best. You dont leave Saka one on one anymore in the league. The problem is you don't leave Martinelli one on one either. Even Klopp came to Arsenal knowing he had to make a decision, he chose to overload our right side, leaving Martinelli the space to kill Arnold. We did not make the most of it in that game but everyone in the league knows what they are seeing. We are now intimidating the other teams.

Like him or not, I believe Arteta has the gift. I am also not overlooking his level of ambition. I note his responses to the press. Some days ago, he was asked about a striker in the summer. He answered a different question. He said: "The teams that win the league score 90 or 100 goals." That's like George Graham and Arsene Wenger. That's where he is aiming.

It has been hard getting here, and it will not be easy getting there. There will be Ups and Downs. But Arteta shares our ambitions.

On the pitch, we are not beating the top 3 teams yet, but we are not far off. Look below at the numbers against Liverpool.

The most important stat is 2 nil, I know. But our young team and Manager deserve some credit even if they have not won a thing yet.

The only problem for us getting top 4 is our squad. The club took a massive gamble by mot spending in the January window. They now have a huge scope for purchases and contract renewal in the summer if we get in the top 4. But if this gamble fails, I actually don't think as bad as many think it will be. But our squad remains a huge worry till the end of the season.

Look at Cedric, he is the weakest link. Just watch how they press him when he gets the ball. But remove that weakness, he has done a good job in place Tomiyasu.

But if we lose Partey or Xhaka, we are in trouble. It is this position where we have really picked up this season. Arteta has tweaked the system of recent, with Xhaka playing more like a number 8, although against Liverpool, he played much deeper.

Partey and Xhaka, lay the foundations for our young forwards to play. All season, if one of them is missing, our game goes because our forwards are not the same without them. And without a striker, we will really struggle to make top 4. But Spurs are even worse, without Son and Kane, they are mid table mediocrity.

The positive is we play one game a week, and if we keep the key players fit, to me top 4 is looking extremely good. We even have a chance for top 3

In recent games, Arsenal fans have come together. I saw the fans stand up and sing in unison, stand up for the Arsenal. This was the first time since Wenger was at the club. The team and the fans are now together, and yesterday, for the first time the Away supporters sang Arteta's name.

We are developing something really good, and who knows, it might end up being special. We have to keep the faith and keep going game by game.
Welcome back my brother. I know you never left but it's nice to see you posting again.
As you know at the beginning i am one of Arteta's biggest supporters on here if not the biggest. But then with time i noticed so many things with him especially his man management that got me disillusioned about him. Nothing typifies this than Auba at Barca today.
Look don't get me wrong, Arsenal under Arteta has made good progress. But the progress in my opinion is akin to taking a step forward and then taking 2 steps backward. He's undoing the progress he has made with his own hands. Wait till summer and you will see him on another discarding process all in the name of rebuilding. The question is how long do you rebuild?
Yes we see the young squad he has punching above expectations. I have 2 questions here for how long will 1 or 2 of these youngies step out of the line and they are shown the door under Arteta? Also do you in all honesty believe these players can achieve their full potential under Arteta? IMHO i doubt it. But i hope I am wrong.
Yes too we are in all probability make the top 4. If we do this season, it will no doubt be a big achievement. And a big UPs to Arteta. But is that our ultimate goal? Do we see ourselves in a couple of seasons competing with the Liverpools, Man Citys and Chelsea of these worlds?
That he has been supported by the owner is not in doubt. But has the money provided being judiciously and well spent? Does the progress under Arteta justify the amount already expended on the team?
Look i like Arteta as a coach. He will one day achieve his potential and step up to the category of the likes of Tuchei, Klopp, Pep and co no doubt. But today, Arsenal is too big a task for him. That's my opinion. Arsenal today is basically a resume building job. His biggest problem he has is that having not build a team before he's finding it difficult to build the type of squad he wants, that's assuming that he has an idea of the type of team he wants. And that's responsible for his bad man management.
Well for the sake of my club i wish him luck.
And once again welcome back.
Bro, your points are noted as usual. It must be said, we hope Arteta is learning, the signs are, he is.

Ultimately, resources expended are judged by return. It is showing promise although it must be said, his investments are in the minority in terms of impact on the team.

Ramsey, Partey, Odegaard and Tomiyasu are his buys. He did not sign Gabriel or Martinelli, these deals were agreed long before he became coach. I am still not convinced about our other CD but he is improving. His other buys are mainly flops so far. Let's hope he gets it right for the next 3 because it will make or break him at Arsenal.

On Auba, as much as it is a vexing to give Barca such a present and this might hunt Arteta come the end of the season. I also try to look at the other side.

Auba did not fit in the system which does not create enough chances. Also, Arsenal earned 31 points out of 39 since Auba was dropped.

We have also improved defensively without Auba. Barca have a 10 goals against in 8 games since Auba joined them. Arsenal do not create chances like Barca, so we cannot afford to give spaces Auba leaves defensively for teams to exploit. Huge reason Pepe is not in the team.

It has worked out very well for everyone for now. Come the end of the season, we will know for sure.
Waffi,
Which other CD? White or Gabriel.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:28 am
azuka wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:12 pm And if I may add, when Arteta came on board and with the team he met on ground, as bad as those players were claimed to be, he defeated Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. But since he began his overhaul and rebuilding process beating any of those 3 teams has been a mirage.
My bro, surely Arteta has done enough to earn some respect and believe from you.

Yes he did, beat the top teams then. It is cos they had the unity between players and coaching team. But things changed both on and off the pitch, and Arteta was forced to adapt with the kids. Those players almost got him fired but the club stuck with him.

I once feared the worst for Arteta and saw us as a mid table team at best start of the season. The basis of my reasoning was his reliance of too few players. Not anymore. No one expected what they are seeing with this team. More players have come in and given us a fine young team in the making. The fact is, we are not supposed to be doing what we are doing. But we are doing it and doing it with panache, swagger and style.

Yes. He has had huge backing but this has been a planned process, you and I may not have agreed with all the decisions but we cannot argue with what are are becoming as a team.

I know many are still not convinced for whatever reason(s). That's fine, it is part of the game. Ultimately, it is what happens on the pitch that decides footballing issues there. People will always find reasons to be convinced, and your reason about the top 3 is valid IMHO. However, my view is you are too quick to judge on this issue. It will take time and we are heading the right direction.

Some see this young team's togetherness, enjoying their football, winning away from home, then they complain because we celebrate. It is like they want to dictate to us how we should celebrate our victories. They don't get it. Wolves thought it was about them. Villa tried to convince themselves it was about beating them. The fact is it has got nothing to do with them. It is about us, not about them.

There's something going on with us that is transcending, it is new, it is young, it is transformational. It is our team, It is about most of us fans, our manager, our club. We can feel it, they can't.

My bro, I hope you are are feeling it. I beg you, put everything aside, and enjoy this ride because they don't come often. The last time we had a young team with Academy players get results and change the mood of the club, was over 30 years ago - A young manager called George Graham and his young team. Many of us see this team and remember, Rocastle, Adam's, Davis, Thomas and what their beginning brought to us. There are so many similarities.

We have won 10 of the last 13. Only Liverpool and City have beaten us, and we outplayed both for long periods.

We have developed in defence and are hard to score against. We are still getting better here too.

We are very strong at set-pieces - scoring and defending. Indeed, we are yet to concede a goal from a corner this season.

The fans are once again the 12th man. The unity of the fans being behind the players, has visibly affected a young team positively.

Some of our players are feared and respected even by the best. You dont leave Saka one on one anymore in the league. The problem is you don't leave Martinelli one on one either. Even Klopp came to Arsenal knowing he had to make a decision, he chose to overload our right side, leaving Martinelli the space to kill Arnold. We did not make the most of it in that game but everyone in the league knows what they are seeing. We are now intimidating the other teams.

Like him or not, I believe Arteta has the gift. I am also not overlooking his level of ambition. I note his responses to the press. Some days ago, he was asked about a striker in the summer. He answered a different question. He said: "The teams that win the league score 90 or 100 goals." That's like George Graham and Arsene Wenger. That's where he is aiming.

It has been hard getting here, and it will not be easy getting there. There will be Ups and Downs. But Arteta shares our ambitions.

On the pitch, we are not beating the top 3 teams yet, but we are not far off. Look below at the numbers against Liverpool.

The most important stat is 2 nil, I know. But our young team and Manager deserve some credit even if they have not won a thing yet.

The only problem for us getting top 4 is our squad. The club took a massive gamble by mot spending in the January window. They now have a huge scope for purchases and contract renewal in the summer if we get in the top 4. But if this gamble fails, I actually don't think as bad as many think it will be. But our squad remains a huge worry till the end of the season.

Look at Cedric, he is the weakest link. Just watch how they press him when he gets the ball. But remove that weakness, he has done a good job in place Tomiyasu.

But if we lose Partey or Xhaka, we are in trouble. It is this position where we have really picked up this season. Arteta has tweaked the system of recent, with Xhaka playing more like a number 8, although against Liverpool, he played much deeper.

Partey and Xhaka, lay the foundations for our young forwards to play. All season, if one of them is missing, our game goes because our forwards are not the same without them. And without a striker, we will really struggle to make top 4. But Spurs are even worse, without Son and Kane, they are mid table mediocrity.

The positive is we play one game a week, and if we keep the key players fit, to me top 4 is looking extremely good. We even have a chance for top 3

In recent games, Arsenal fans have come together. I saw the fans stand up and sing in unison, stand up for the Arsenal. This was the first time since Wenger was at the club. The team and the fans are now together, and yesterday, for the first time the Away supporters sang Arteta's name.

We are developing something really good, and who knows, it might end up being special. We have to keep the faith and keep going game by game.
Welcome back my brother. I know you never left but it's nice to see you posting again.
As you know at the beginning i am one of Arteta's biggest supporters on here if not the biggest. But then with time i noticed so many things with him especially his man management that got me disillusioned about him. Nothing typifies this than Auba at Barca today.
Look don't get me wrong, Arsenal under Arteta has made good progress. But the progress in my opinion is akin to taking a step forward and then taking 2 steps backward. He's undoing the progress he has made with his own hands. Wait till summer and you will see him on another discarding process all in the name of rebuilding. The question is how long do you rebuild?
Yes we see the young squad he has punching above expectations. I have 2 questions here for how long will 1 or 2 of these youngies step out of the line and they are shown the door under Arteta? Also do you in all honesty believe these players can achieve their full potential under Arteta? IMHO i doubt it. But i hope I am wrong.
Yes too we are in all probability make the top 4. If we do this season, it will no doubt be a big achievement. And a big UPs to Arteta. But is that our ultimate goal? Do we see ourselves in a couple of seasons competing with the Liverpools, Man Citys and Chelsea of these worlds?
That he has been supported by the owner is not in doubt. But has the money provided being judiciously and well spent? Does the progress under Arteta justify the amount already expended on the team?
Look i like Arteta as a coach. He will one day achieve his potential and step up to the category of the likes of Tuchei, Klopp, Pep and co no doubt. But today, Arsenal is too big a task for him. That's my opinion. Arsenal today is basically a resume building job. His biggest problem he has is that having not build a team before he's finding it difficult to build the type of squad he wants, that's assuming that he has an idea of the type of team he wants. And that's responsible for his bad man management.
Bro, your points are noted as usual. It must be said, we hope Arteta is learning, the signs are, he is.

Ultimately, resources expended are judged by return. It is showing promise although it must be said, his investments are in the minority in terms of impact on the team.

Ramsey, Partey, Odegaard and Tomiyasu are his buys. He did not sign Gabriel or Martinelli, these deals were agreed long before he became coach. I am still not convinced about our other CD but he is improving. His other buys are mainly flops so far. Let's hope he gets it right for the next 3 because it will make or break him at Arsenal.

On Auba, as much as it is a vexing to give Barca such a present and this might hunt Arteta come the end of the season. I also try to look at the other side.

Auba did not fit in the system which does not create enough chances. Also, Arsenal earned 31 points out of 39 since Auba was dropped.

We have also improved defensively without Auba. Barca have a 10 goals against in 8 games since Auba joined them. Arsenal do not create chances like Barca, so we cannot afford to give spaces Auba leaves defensively for teams to exploit. Huge reason Pepe is not in the team.

It has worked out very well for everyone for now. Come the end of the season, we will know for sure.
Waffi,
White.

Gabriel, for his age has incredible potential given how good he is already. Yes, he is still prone to temperament issues in the big games but by and large one we must keep forever.

White with one on one situations is really suspect. His positioning has improved immensely but is another weakness. He is also not as strong he should be in the air, but once again, it is about positioning and reading the crosses and long balls.

Having said the above, he has improved every aspect of his weaknesses and is getting better. I love this trait about him. He came to Arsenal playing in a 3 defence because they did not trust him in a defensive 4. Tomiyasu helped him out a lot because it is easier to settle in with a RB who reads the game and is elite at positioning. But he has coped so well without Tomiyasu because Cedric is not the best positionally.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Waffi,
White.

Gabriel, for his age has incredible potential given how good he is already. Yes, he is still prone to temperament issues in the big games but by and large one we must keep forever.

White with one on one situations is really suspect. His positioning has improved immensely but is another weakness. He is also not as strong he should be in the air, but once again, it is about positioning and reading the crosses and long balls.

Having said the above, he has improved every aspect of his weaknesses and is getting better. I love this trait about him. He came to Arsenal playing in a 3 defence because they did not trust him in a defensive 4. Tomiyasu helped him out a lot because it is easier to settle in with a RB who reads the game and is elite at positioning. But he has coped so well without Tomiyasu because Cedric is not the best positionally.
Bro glad you mentioned White, because in my opinion he is the weak point in that defence. Improve? I doubt it. His positioning against Switzerland cost England a goal in the friendly. It won't be long before other coaches notice his weakness and try to capitalize on it.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

azuka wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:27 pm

Waffi,
White.

Bro glad you mentioned White, because in my opinion he is the weak point in that defence. Improve? I doubt it. His positioning against Switzerland cost England a goal in the friendly. It won't be long before other coaches notice his weakness and try to capitalize on it.
Haba Oga Azuka,

it seems to you everything is wrong with the team.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

ojafranpa wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:13 pm

Waffi,
White.

Haba Oga Azuka,

I guess you have not noticed it. Watch White closely.
A quick question to you: Will you as a coach pay 50m for White?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

So Class act Nacho Monreal just confirmed what I always suspected about Lazy Mezzy. What a damning indictment from one of the nicest footballers ever.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... nreal/amp/
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

azuka wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:12 pm
ojafranpa wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:13 pm

Waffi,
White.

Haba Oga Azuka,

I guess you have not noticed it. Watch White closely.
A quick question to you: Will you as a coach pay 50m for White?
No sir...English white premium.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Well bad week for international football let me hang on beloved if we can keep our top 4spot.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

We are in trouble oooh come Monday
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:56 am We are in trouble oooh come Monday
Your shaking is now legendary. No surprises there :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:55 pm
kajifu wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:56 am We are in trouble oooh come Monday
Your shaking is now legendary. No surprises there :sneaky:
So be honest you no dey shake against Big PV4,Zaha and co at t heir ground,remember we beg draw last t ime against them,if we win Monday we close the gap to chelsea that open nyash today at bridge.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Dang ! Christopher Nkunku ...I dream .

The small guy makes big things happen. Has really improved . I remember we looked at him and Lemar. He has left Lemar behind.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Someone want us to get St Maximin. SMDH. Also Adama Traore :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people i don dey shake oooh,PV4 and Zaha interview today shows we stand not chance tomorrow.
we are out of top 4th,Spurs looks like they got the real deal manager then we have to go to t heir ground.

Spurs is 4th ooooh,we have tough fixture than spurs.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Trouble ooooh,can we ask FA to put this game on a later date?
We are in hot water key players not ready and missing in this game.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:19 pm Trouble ooooh,can we ask FA to put this game on a later date?
We are in hot water key players not ready and missing in this game.
Yes a later date is better. Zaha, Olise and McArthur are not fully fit for Crystal Palace today :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

We are in hot water oooh,Zaha looks like he has not forgive beloved oooh
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys i cant watch ooooh ,palace ontop and we had a spurs fan as ref
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I talk am,this team not serious
Bye Bye top 4th
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ink please
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Can a brother get a link?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

CP 1 - 0 Arsenal
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I fear for the future of Tavares in Arsenal o . He is not doing well in the gave e is now giving a chance to start .

Has been bullied and made tentative mistakes for the few minutes I pray he settles soon. He also needs help from ESR.
He was also partially responsible for the first set piece goal conceded by Arsenal so far .
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates