Video : 'His mother is Nigerian' - Argentina fans sing racist song about Mbappe

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Video : 'His mother is Nigerian' - Argentina fans sing racist song about Mbappe

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:56 am I thought people here kept saying that France was an African team? What's the difference here?
Don't mind them.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Video : 'His mother is Nigerian' - Argentina fans sing racist song about Mbappe

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:15 pm
Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:44 am I don't think it's racist, they are making fun of the French for only getting help from "African" players.
That’s the way I see it. I’m not sure how pointing out a man’s African heritage amounts to a racist taunt. Unless of course there’s a negative qualifier added to the African reference.
We’ve made jest of the French national team in exactly the same way here on CE.

I
I see. Calling people transvestites and wh*res amounts just to making jest🤔❗️

Cheers.
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

gosh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:13 am What exactly is wrong with Mbappe having Nigerian/Cameroonian parents of African descent? What does that have to do with his skills?
All these chants I guess happened because he single-handedly beat Argentina silly 4 years ago?
Have these Argentines checked their backgrounds themselves? Many arrived in Argentina after fleeing Nazi Germany intending to form a whites-only society there only to fail.
And oh, I am sure if France met them again they will still lose.
I asked an Argentine work mate why they were targeting Mbappe. His reply was that Mbappe did an interview and mentioned how Europe will win the world cup. He said Mbappe said the South Americans are a level below the Europeans based on the last World Cup in Russia and he was expecting the same this time around. It appears they took it personal and branded him as arrogant . :sneaky:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:18 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:15 pm
Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:44 am I don't think it's racist, they are making fun of the French for only getting help from "African" players.
That’s the way I see it. I’m not sure how pointing out a man’s African heritage amounts to a racist taunt. Unless of course there’s a negative qualifier added to the African reference.
We’ve made jest of the French national team in exactly the same way here on CE.

I
I see. Calling people transvestites and wh*res amounts just to making jest🤔❗️

Cheers.
The following link explains a lot about the reference to transvestites. While I don’t condone it, I now know where it’s rooted❗️

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/psg/2 ... b45b4.html

Cheers.