The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:04 pm
Waffiman wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:54 pm
azuka wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:47 pm
Waffiman wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:48 am
ojafranpa wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:44 pm Ramsdale and David Raya are ball playing goalkeeper Emi Martinez is not one.QED
Spot on.
Really? Which Emi Martinez are we talking about here?
Emi mot bad with his feet, but not as good as Ramsdale and esp Raya.
Not that he is bad with his feet he can not really set it in high press.
Spot on.

I am a big fan of Emi and was disappointed when he left. But Arteta, like Pep, want his goalie to be able to play a bit, especially under pressure.

Emi is not as good as Ramsdale and Raya when teams press and you the goalie becomes a midfielder expected to pick out the free man no matter how difficult the pass.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Okay Waffiman :bump:
Pep would reject an

FA cup winner
World Cup winner
Copa America winner
Clutch save maker
Dominant penalty kick saver
Dominant aerial ball keeper
Dominant shot stopper
And all around big game goalie

For two blokes who’ve won F.cuk all, on the unproven grounds that they can kick the ball better during a press???

Lol can’t make this ish up.
I’m done arguing lol
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:48 pm Okay Waffiman :bump:
Pep would reject an

FA cup winner
World Cup winner
Copa America winner
Clutch save maker
Dominant shot stopper

For two blokes who’ve won F.cuk all, on the unproven grounds that they can kick the ball better during a press???

I’m done arguing lol
My bro, let's not get carries away with irrelevance. We need focus on the eeal issues. Here is the low down.

Turner is leaving, he wants first team football. Indeed all USMT players are demanding 1st team football to be guaranteed to play in the WC in their country. Balogun is doing the same, and he wants out like Turner. Even Auston Trusty has just been sold because he wants 1st team football.

It means we are short in the goalie dept. Raya is rated as a top 4 EPL goalie, he has less than 12 months left in his contract, making him a bargain for his abilities.

Arsenal will be fools not to make this deal happen given the position they find themselves. This my bro is the issue.

I am not interested in Emi and all that, they are the past.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:09 pm
Pep would reject an

FA cup winner
World Cup winner
Copa America winner
Clutch save maker
Dominant shot stopper

I’m done arguing lol
My bro, let's not get carries away with irrelevance. We need focus on the eeal issues. Here is the low down.

Turner is leaving, he wants first team football. Indeed all USMT players are demanding 1st team football to be guaranteed to play in the WC in their country. Balogun is doing the same, and he wants out like Turner. Even Auston Trusty has just been sold because he wants 1st team football.

It means we are short in the goalie dept. Raya is rated as a top 4 EPL goalie, he has less than 12 months left in his contract, making him a bargain for his abilities.

Arsenal will be fools not to make this deal happen given the position they find themselves. This my bro is the issue.

Waffi fair point.
But how much money will we now blow
on the goalie position since Emi left and how
will the entrance of Emi upset the locker room?
Raya won’t be coming here to be a back up.
So that’s what, 60-70 million in the goalie department???

That’s Chelsea level transfer insanity
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:31 pm
Pep would reject an

FA cup winner
World Cup winner
Copa America winner
Clutch save maker
Dominant shot stopper

I’m done arguing lol

Waffi fair point.
But how much money will we now blow
on the goalie position since Emi left and how
will the entrance of Emi upset the locker room?
Raya won’t be coming here to be a back up.
So that’s what, 60-70 million in the goalie department???

That’s Chelsea level transfer insanity
Nah! Na chicken feed compared to Chelsea. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for replacing Ramsdale, it is a strong possibility.

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

One thing i find interesting is how Arsenal fans seen to have favorites.. I recall saying to Azuka or so that the Martinez thing was going to happen again and again - players demanding first team spots and those players getting sold by Edu and Arteta.

Now that Leno , Trusty, Balogun and Turner have checked that box - I wonder what those "crying" fans as I called them then will say.

I say buy Raya and sell turner sharp sharp lets see like Leno if that will make him the WC team .

I like Balogun but if anyone comes for him for 50 mil make se sell help them bring am to dia new club. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Pep would reject an

FA cup winner
World Cup winner
Copa America winner
Clutch save maker
Dominant shot stopper

I’m done arguing lol

Trusty has been sold? :shock:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:15 am One thing i find interesting is how Arsenal fans seen to have favorites.. I recall saying to Azuka or so that the Martinez thing was going to happen again and again - players demanding first team spots and those players getting sold by Edu and Arteta.

Now that Leno , Trusty, Balogun and Turner have checked that box - I wonder what those "crying" fans as I called them then will say.

I say buy Raya and sell turner sharp sharp lets see like Leno if that will make him the WC team .

I like Balogun but if anyone comes for him for 50 mil make se sell help them bring am to dia new club. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Yes I recall you saying that. But sometimes it requires better man management. On Balogun though i totally disagree. He brings options to the table which neither Nketiah nor Jesus have.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

azuka wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:26 pm
Yes I recall you saying that. But sometimes it requires better man management. On Balogun though i totally disagree. He brings options to the table which neither Nketiah nor Jesus have.

I agree with you man management and game management and play time management are all key.

I agree also that Balogun offers more - however from a business perspective he will bring in more quid than Nketiah can bring in.

I hear rumours also that we are looking to sell Patino ! ,,,, dash out Pepe and keep lakonga :(

Na real wa

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:15 am One thing i find interesting is how Arsenal fans seen to have favorites.. I recall saying to Azuka or so that the Martinez thing was going to happen again and again - players demanding first team spots and those players getting sold by Edu and Arteta.

Like scoring goals? :D

Nnai Maazi Diopka Agwoturumbe Emelike Josephson Apurum Azuzu, ke du ko di? 1 week to the league, would you like to discuss? I am willing to offer forgiveness and reconciliation here. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:47 pm

Nnai Maazi Diopka Agwoturumbe Emelike Josephson Apurum Azuzu, ke du ko di? 1 week to the league, would you like to discuss? I am willing to offer forgiveness and reconciliation here. :D

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: wait o where is kaji shake shake ? your guy the only Arsenal fan that settled you ?

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:33 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: wait o where is kaji shake shake ? your guy the only Arsenal fan that settled you ?
My brother, for years, Kajifu tried, but the rest of you were stubborn and behaved like Igwe Kolintus.

Then last season, I decided to forgive and let by gones be by gones, as Kaji had suffered enough. I gave him my blessing and told him I will remove my hand and allow you guys be happy. Well, as you know, in February, one of your members began to feel too comfortable and decided to insult me out of the blue. I had to teach him a lesson and as they say, the rest is history. :D

This new season, once again, I am offering reconciliation and forgiveness. All that needs to be done is for Maazi Diokpa Emelike Jeffrey Chukwumerije Elumelu Azuzu to do what is right and come to me, and ask for discussions. Once that is done, I will decide on how to move forward. However, at this point, I cant do anything. He has to come forward with 6 of his kinsmen to appeal to my good nature. I am a good natured man. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Seems Balogun had warned Arsenal that he will not tolerate their behavior
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I concur.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:36 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:33 pm

My brother, for years, Kajifu tried, but the rest of you were stubborn and behaved like Igwe Kolintus.

Then last season, I decided to forgive and let by gones be by gones, as Kaji had suffered enough. I gave him my blessing and told him I will remove my hand and allow you guys be happy. Well, as you know, in February, one of your members began to feel too comfortable and decided to insult me out of the blue. I had to teach him a lesson and as they say, the rest is history. :D

This new season, once again, I am offering reconciliation and forgiveness. All that needs to be done is for Maazi Diokpa Emelike Jeffrey Chukwumerije Elumelu Azuzu to do what is right and come to me, and ask for discussions. Once that is done, I will decide on how to move forward. However, at this point, I cant do anything. He has to come forward with 6 of his kinsmen to appeal to my good nature. I am a good natured man. :D
DD na to wait forever be that oo.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

It looks like this is just down to an agreement between the clubs.

Raya knows he is better than Ramsdale, and he is ready to go take his place. If he does not fancy his chances, he stays at Brentford or go elsewhere.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Waffiman wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:15 pm

It looks like this is just down to an agreement between the clubs.

Raya knows he is better than Ramsdale, and he is ready to go take his place. If he does not fancy his chances, he stays at Brentford or go elsewhere.
Arteta is the proper definition of a check book manager, albeit without the track record to back it. I hope this all doesn't come crumbling down, will be catastrophic for the club. I remain sceptical
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Is Arsenal vs. Monaco on TV in the USA?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

One thing I love is when Arsenal fans start getting giddy before the season starts! They start posting articles and tweets about a team dog and how the players feed the dog! They post stories about a dinner the coach organized and h invited everyone's family and how the players were pressing each other's wive's yansh! Then they will also post stories about how the coach has encouraged all the players to get married and the coach is the only reason the players are married.

Then they will start feeling warm in their heart. High-fiving each other!

I love it! :thumbs:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Undertaker wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:52 pm Is Arsenal vs. Monaco on TV in the USA?
It should be on FUBO TV, Fox Deportes and the Foxsports.com and their app.
That's what the site livesoccertv.com listed.
Last edited by Cito on Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

0-1 Monaco
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:10 pm One thing I love is when Arsenal fans start getting giddy before the season starts! They start posting articles and tweets about a team dog and how the players feed the dog! They post stories about a dinner the coach organized and h invited everyone's family and how the players were pressing each other's wive's yansh! Then they will also post stories about how the coach has encouraged all the players to get married and the coach is the only reason the players are married.

Then they will start feeling warm in their heart. High-fiving each other!

I love it! :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved