Women's World Cup 2023

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Women's World Cup 2023

Post by King Futcha »

terrible
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Why would it take this long to confirm an obvious PK
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I want England to lose this final for 3 reasons.
1. Damunk is the main reason, he supports them, and I think he is cursed. The fact we have to deal with such a troll, bad vibe, negative energy all because he claims he is Nigerian. He is the reason our football teams are struggling. He is a bad luck figure . I think he should be a window CE.just browse

2. The south African female coach. She said she wants England to win because their coach is Woman

3. Their team isn't better than my two countries teams. Also the pathetic Spainish women tried to get their coach fired for daft reasons. So I want their coach to win to throw it back at their faces, all because he is a disciplinarian
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

whew that spanish queen is fine.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

fittingly englands two barcelona players have been so poor tonight.
Saints baby we did it
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Spain have got this.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

eleven or so players quit, and you still win the world cup, you're a bad man.
Last edited by King Futcha on Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saints baby we did it
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So happy England lost
SuperEagles

hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Ah thank you Lord for saving us from 100 years of 1966 2.0. I always knew and know there is a God, my rock and strength who teachers my hand to war and raises my head against my enemies. ABEG forever !
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hestonap wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:08 pm Ah thank you Lord for saving us from 100 years of 1966 2.0. I always knew and know there is a God, my rock and strength who teachers my hand to war and raises my head against my enemies. ABEG forever !
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:04 am I’m watching the build-up to the WWC final.
Abuse me as you wish, but I feel both elevated and saddened when Sarina Wiegman, Manager of the World Cup finalists England (not to mention the English pundits) repeatedly mention the Super Falcons as having been their toughest tests.

If ever there was any doubt that the SF should be given every support possible, this World Cup should have dispelled that by now.
It’s fantastic that despite everything, the nation is fully behind the team (apart from a few predictable whiners here on CE with their private demons) and the love for them first became apparent when a nine-man SF team fought to the death in that epic WAFCON semi-final.

I guess I’m just looking for another opportunity to salute our girls who are probably watching the game right now with mixed feelings, but proud nonetheless.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
What sort of emotional bs is this. Are you a woman or what.....what type of rant is this? Not a single logical thought here, just releasing oxytocin left and right.. my goodness
SuperEagles

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

U17, U20 and world champions. Spanish domination. Testament to good youth development. England showed good effort but Spain were just better and seemed more likely to score in the last 10 mins. Well deserved.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

England made to look very ordinary. Football is a simple game. Pass and move when possible, control when necessary. Spanish players were supreme on the ball, as always.

Wha choo looking at?!
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

felarey wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 pm U17, U20 and world champions. Spanish domination. Testament to good youth development. England showed good effort but Spain were just better and seemed more likely to score in the last 10 mins. Well deserved.
The three world championships, at three different levels is a culmination of their adequate planning over the years. Take note, NFF!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

VAMOS!

Viva Espana 🇪🇸

Justice has been done.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Thunder wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:43 pm
felarey wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 pm U17, U20 and world champions. Spanish domination. Testament to good youth development. England showed good effort but Spain were just better and seemed more likely to score in the last 10 mins. Well deserved.
The three world championships, at three different levels is a culmination of their adequate planning over the years. Take note, NFF!
Thunder temper your expectations. You can’t ask a people or organisation without a culture of planning but rather dependent on spontaneity, good luck and divine providence to have the ability to take note. Nigeria be it the NFF or government or society at large ain’t winning jack anything soon. All these competitions lay bear is the significant disconnect between our potential as a people and the sub-optimal output we consistently obtain due to our incompetence.

When you reach that conclusion in the depth of your soul, you learn to let go, enjoy competitions like this, grieve for 5 seconds when we crash out and move on.

The days of Nigerian teams sending me bed and being forlorn for weeks have long past. My heart is still scarred from Foxboro in 1994.

Anyway congrats to the Spanish, a very reluctant commiseration to the English as I am still working on the pettiness in me which I know will always without fail rear its head anytime the English play anyone on God’s green earth and beyond.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they are taking note of the fifa millions $$$$s coming in.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:37 pm England made to look very ordinary. Football is a simple game. Pass and move when possible, control when necessary. Spanish players were supreme on the ball, as always.
The Spanish players were exceptional.
Worthy champions. First time watching them for 90mins.
But I’m still baffled as to how Japan gave then 4-kondo.
Weytin happun?
I need to find the time to watch it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:40 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:37 pm England made to look very ordinary. Football is a simple game. Pass and move when possible, control when necessary. Spanish players were supreme on the ball, as always.
The Spanish players were exceptional.
Worthy champions. First time watching them for 90mins.
But I’m still baffled as to how Japan gave then 4-kondo.
Weytin happun?
I need to find the time to watch it.
Spain as usual, dominated the ball against Japan in that game, even more than they did today against England. England had a few moments where they caught Spain in possession in this game but they didn't have the passing ability and the speed to take advantage like the Japanese, who had the quality to punish Spain when they caught them in possession.

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

hestonap wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:33 pm
Thunder temper your expectations. You can’t ask a people or organisation without a culture of planning but rather dependent on spontaneity, good luck and divine providence to have the ability to take note. Nigeria be it the NFF or government or society at large ain’t winning jack anything soon. All these competitions lay bear is the significant disconnect between our potential as a people and the sub-optimal output we consistently obtain due to our incompetence.

When you reach that conclusion in the depth of your soul, you learn to let go, enjoy competitions like this, grieve for 5 seconds when we crash out and move on.

The days of Nigerian teams sending me bed and being forlorn for weeks have long past. My heart is still scarred from Foxboro in 1994.

Anyway congrats to the Spanish, a very reluctant commiseration to the English as I am still working on the pettiness in me which I know will always without fail rear its head anytime the English play anyone on God’s green earth and beyond.
You are an honest man, unlike most.

I explained this before: my desire for either England or Australia to win wasn’t based on my personal ego or beefs.
It’s about my team, the SF.
Either of those teams winning elevates the SF even more in the minds of the world, but more importantly the self-belief in the minds of the SF players will go sky high.
Beating or outplaying the WORLD champs in a tournament of this scale nor be beans. :thumb:

Conversely, if everyone started beating them silly after knocking us out (like many here have been praying :rotf: ), it basically means they’re nothing special, so ‘twas no big deal what we did to them.

That’s how I see it.
My “pettiness” doesn’t dictate my emotions.
I get the personal issues most are dealing with though.
It’s just funny. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But I’m sure the Japanese are feeling pretty cool right now.
4-0!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

hestonap wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:33 pm

The "plan" is to go around the world to beg young foreign born Nigerians to play for us. After they've been rejected by the country of birth then they'll consider playing for Nigeria and yet people want to win tournaments. What a bunch of jokers.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

It was a good WWC final between 2 best teams. Spain deserved winner. Better players, football school, and coaching. Playing possession and precision with near perfection. Small but decisive enough margins.

England was too conservative. Too much back passing. Zero ideas and too slow up front. Too conservative to start James, opting for stiffs like Hemp and Russo. Over coaching and overthinking.

On the details, Lucy Bronze screwed up. Dribbled aimlessly, lost the ball, didn’t track back, Spain scored beautiful goal down her flank. That was a microcosm of the game. A few moments.

Spain also missed a penalty. But they’ve evolved the women’s game. Their play in the final 1/3 is a new standard. They’ll develop even better strikers, but this is where women’s football is going.

Watch that player Carmona, the Spain left back. That’s what a woman footballer can be.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?