Destiny Udogie

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Destiny Udogie

Post by Dammy »

onovo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:59 am My guy the reality is that we can't afford to provide the amenities and incentives provided by the developed Nation. We are a poor Nation and don't have the capitals to do so. We can desire it but can't afford it. Under the defunct Ministry of Youth and Sport. Only NYSC alone would consume over 90% of the ministry allocation, even at that the money is still not enough to give our youth corpers a decent life. Very little amount of the ministry's allocation is given sport, which is like a drop of water in an ocean.

Then in sport you have to allocate money to football, etc. The final money that comes to football means nothing at the end of the day. The glass house lacks the money to run itself and the national team. This is why you have unpaid salaries of coaches and players bonuses/allowance, our youth teams cannot be funded for early camping or go for a foreign playing tour. Even to host a team for friendlies, our NFF don't have the money for such. Now lets even look at the sports facilities, Stadium for example, in developed countries it is the club that builds most of the stadium. This clubs makes money from merchandise, ticket, media, and stadium tourism. Now ask yourself how many of our clubs can build a befitting stadium ? Even if they borrow money to do so, how many Nigerians have that disposable income to patronise the club to keep its facilities running ?

There are whole lots of good things we desire our country should have. But according to our people the "Igho (money) no dey oh". However, as Nigerians I believe we can do our little part to support the Nigerian project, hence my take on the kind of picture we present to these diaspora kids. Them playing for Nigeria wouldn't deny them access to the Eldorado they have/seek in diaspora. I have a PhD in Engineering, and studied in one the world renown university. I am talking from my personal experience as someone based in the diaspora.
hestonap wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:39 am
onovo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:16 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:19 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:07 am When I tell people we will be left behind IN AFRICA, let alone the world, they go still try and justify Musa..
I'm not sure of the Stats, but are we the only top African team that has never succeeded in convincing a single potentially world class dual national player with Naija roots about playing for us? How do Senegal, Morocco, Algeria, Cameroon do it?
Parenting is the big issue. It comes to what information about Nigeria, Nigerians in diaspora are giving to their kids about Nigeria. This has nothing to do with NFF/Nigeria leadership. It is the Nigeria society that has failed in this aspect. I have seen Asians/Pakistani born and bred in diaspora, majority of them speak their local language and carry their identity. When our people talks down on Nigeria, and makes their kids feel like their diaspora country of birth is the heaven and try to disconnect them from anything Nigeria. This is what you get.
Uncle Onovo,

This is stuff like most things in life is multifaceted. In no particular order and by no means exhaustive:

1. You can’t expect loyalty from a people or system that is not loyal to you.

2. You can’t attract someone who truly has options to settle for a poorer anlt unless they have a messianic proclivity.

3. You can’t by your actions and active inactions advertise yourself to be dysfunctional and expect folks to settle for you.

It is not the norm for humans to choose the more challenging option when a more attractive option is acutely available.

If your sporting headlines consistently reads your authorities do not pay players that bonuses while embezzling funds dedicated to such. If you read stories as I did recently of a member of the flying Eagles from the class of 1983 asking for the government to monitise their promised scholarship from way back then in 2023. Correct me if I’m wrong did it not take Buharis second coming to make good some of the rewards to the Eaglets from 1985.

Please remember these are our consistent stories, our headlines and the bulk of our fine prints and I am focused just on sports. These are not exceptions.

Please pray tell me if you’re a truly gifted athlete or student and two worlds are open to you - dysfunctional and functional. Which would you choose ? If you’re a parent and your child asks for guidiance when they face these questions - where would you guide them towards?

Everyone wants to win. This is not the 1980s where England would put a gifted black athlete in England B or cap them for meaningless friendlies. The Aryan Nazis reluctantly capped a full blooded African in the early 2000s, now they have players that would make the furher and his follows choke on their vomit. Even the junior or cousin Aryans made Alaba their captain. The French and the Portuguese have been doing this $#% forever. Even the inquisitors played a black dude in their first winning iteration centrally in the midfield when it was obvious he was the best thing in since midfield sliced bread. We know what they have done since. The Italians are playing belated catch up but they have lined up black dudes since Baletolli.

You can’t keep shooting your self in the foot while your competition is doing its best to get ahead of you and yet you complain. You can’t not expect your competitor not to attempt to undermine you while trying to win, Heck we do the job for them and undermine ourselves.

As per the Senegalese or Algerians - for every diaspora that settled for them I have a Patrick Viera or Zidane that took the next option. I don’t know but I’d argue a Mahrez is not quite in the same equation as a Zidane.

Our football is a microcosm of our nation. For a brief period in time in the early 90s we had an ‘accidental’ convenience of a crazy Dutchman who was more Nigerian than Nigerians and a VP in Aikhomu who indulged him coupled with a conglomerate of crazily talented guys. We won the AFCON but most would argue that generation still underachieved due to the Nigerian factor if not knowing how to build and manage success. Heck the Pharaohs and our plantain eating cousins did back to back AFCON wins while we were playing our usual silly games.

Fast forward to now, the Iwobis of this world are the exception. Maybe it was the JayJay factor. Save for arguably Victor Moses, every other Nigerian player born in the diaspora that has laced up for us, was never going to be first pickings for the country they were born or grew up in.

We want these guys to come play for us, you want the Nigerians that have succeeded in other spheres of life outside of Nigeria to consistently contribute and give their all back to the motherland, it is up to us to make our environment attractive.

I know this topic is specific about the diaspora, fundamentally, we have to develop and make Nigeria attractive to its citizens - all born in and outside of her shores. And it has to stop being a society like a wicked witch that consumes its own.

Newtonian physics is real. Nigeria is not a special place on earth that is immune to gravity or the every action and reaction principle. Loyalty is a 2 way street and not just an abstract concept.

If you build it, they will come as philosopher Costner once said . I’m a big believer in that principle. You build something worthwhile, it will attract the right folks. We can do this $#% and it will take both consistently small and Herculean effort, but build we must as a society or we perish.

Good luck to Udogie, God knows I wish he’d and many like him laced up for us but I do not begrudge the young man his choice.

God help, save and bless Nigeria and help save us from ourselves.
Onovo my guy, you make very valid points. However, I believe this obstacle can be surmounted if we plan to go about getting this boys in the right way. Gone are the days when playing for an African team will devalue a player. We need to let these boys know that playing for Nigeria will not affect their value in any way. As far back as 1994, Daniel Amokachi, was the highest paid player in Everton ahead of English and British players.
Also, it’s not as if everything these boys know about Nigeria is negative, most of them are into Nigerian music and entertainment. I remember when Chelsea were on a trip to Dubai and their Nigerian born players, Abraham and Tomori, met Davido, they took photos with him and posted it online.
We just need to come up with a plan and the composition of the team that will speak to the diaspora born players instead of the current haphazard manner of approach. Saka’s family for instance, were ready to listen to what plans Nigeria had for their son but Pinnick messed up.
As bad as things are, the Super Eagles, are still a good brand and about the only positive thing coming from the country. I was excited but disappointed when Emir told us about positive changes coming to our sports from the new government but it’s business as usual. I heard from reliable sources that the President’s COS was settled from the funds for the Falcons WC campaign in Australia leading to a shortfall.
I believe we can convince some of these players to play for us if we come up with a plan for how they will fit in
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:07 am When I tell people we will be left behind IN AFRICA, let alone the world, they go still try and justify Musa..
I'm not sure of the Stats, but are we the only top African team that has never succeeded in convincing a single potentially world class dual national player with Naija roots about playing for us? How do Senegal, Morocco, Algeria, Cameroon do it?
Parenting is the big issue. It comes to what information about Nigeria, Nigerians in diaspora are giving to their kids about Nigeria. This has nothing to do with NFF/Nigeria leadership. It is the Nigeria society that has failed in this aspect. I have seen Asians/Pakistani born and bred in diaspora, majority of them speak their local language and carry their identity. When our people talks down on Nigeria, and makes their kids feel like their diaspora country of birth is the heaven and try to disconnect them from anything Nigeria. This is what you get.
A lot of parents in the diaspora use ‘Nigeria’ as threat,when their children are misbehaving they tell them that’ll be sent to Nigeria if they don’t start behaving.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:10 am
onovo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:59 am My guy the reality is that we can't afford to provide the amenities and incentives provided by the developed Nation. We are a poor Nation and don't have the capitals to do so. We can desire it but can't afford it. Under the defunct Ministry of Youth and Sport. Only NYSC alone would consume over 90% of the ministry allocation, even at that the money is still not enough to give our youth corpers a decent life. Very little amount of the ministry's allocation is given sport, which is like a drop of water in an ocean.

Then in sport you have to allocate money to football, etc. The final money that comes to football means nothing at the end of the day. The glass house lacks the money to run itself and the national team. This is why you have unpaid salaries of coaches and players bonuses/allowance, our youth teams cannot be funded for early camping or go for a foreign playing tour. Even to host a team for friendlies, our NFF don't have the money for such. Now lets even look at the sports facilities, Stadium for example, in developed countries it is the club that builds most of the stadium. This clubs makes money from merchandise, ticket, media, and stadium tourism. Now ask yourself how many of our clubs can build a befitting stadium ? Even if they borrow money to do so, how many Nigerians have that disposable income to patronise the club to keep its facilities running ?

There are whole lots of good things we desire our country should have. But according to our people the "Igho (money) no dey oh". However, as Nigerians I believe we can do our little part to support the Nigerian project, hence my take on the kind of picture we present to these diaspora kids. Them playing for Nigeria wouldn't deny them access to the Eldorado they have/seek in diaspora. I have a PhD in Engineering, and studied in one the world renown university. I am talking from my personal experience as someone based in the diaspora.
Uncle Onovo,

This is stuff like most things in life is multifaceted. In no particular order and by no means exhaustive:

2. You can’t attract someone who truly has options to settle for a poorer anlt unless they have a messianic proclivity.

3. You can’t by your actions and active inactions advertise yourself to be dysfunctional and expect folks to settle for you.

It is not the norm for humans to choose the more challenging option when a more attractive option is acutely available.

If your sporting headlines consistently reads your authorities do not pay players that bonuses while embezzling funds dedicated to such. If you read stories as I did recently of a member of the flying Eagles from the class of 1983 asking for the government to monitise their promised scholarship from way back then in 2023. Correct me if I’m wrong did it not take Buharis second coming to make good some of the rewards to the Eaglets from 1985.

Please remember these are our consistent stories, our headlines and the bulk of our fine prints and I am focused just on sports. These are not exceptions.

Please pray tell me if you’re a truly gifted athlete or student and two worlds are open to you - dysfunctional and functional. Which would you choose ? If you’re a parent and your child asks for guidiance when they face these questions - where would you guide them towards?

Everyone wants to win. This is not the 1980s where England would put a gifted black athlete in England B or cap them for meaningless friendlies. The Aryan Nazis reluctantly capped a full blooded African in the early 2000s, now they have players that would make the furher and his follows choke on their vomit. Even the junior or cousin Aryans made Alaba their captain. The French and the Portuguese have been doing this $#% forever. Even the inquisitors played a black dude in their first winning iteration centrally in the midfield when it was obvious he was the best thing in since midfield sliced bread. We know what they have done since. The Italians are playing belated catch up but they have lined up black dudes since Baletolli.

You can’t keep shooting your self in the foot while your competition is doing its best to get ahead of you and yet you complain. You can’t not expect your competitor not to attempt to undermine you while trying to win, Heck we do the job for them and undermine ourselves.

As per the Senegalese or Algerians - for every diaspora that settled for them I have a Patrick Viera or Zidane that took the next option. I don’t know but I’d argue a Mahrez is not quite in the same equation as a Zidane.

Our football is a microcosm of our nation. For a brief period in time in the early 90s we had an ‘accidental’ convenience of a crazy Dutchman who was more Nigerian than Nigerians and a VP in Aikhomu who indulged him coupled with a conglomerate of crazily talented guys. We won the AFCON but most would argue that generation still underachieved due to the Nigerian factor if not knowing how to build and manage success. Heck the Pharaohs and our plantain eating cousins did back to back AFCON wins while we were playing our usual silly games.

Fast forward to now, the Iwobis of this world are the exception. Maybe it was the JayJay factor. Save for arguably Victor Moses, every other Nigerian player born in the diaspora that has laced up for us, was never going to be first pickings for the country they were born or grew up in.

We want these guys to come play for us, you want the Nigerians that have succeeded in other spheres of life outside of Nigeria to consistently contribute and give their all back to the motherland, it is up to us to make our environment attractive.

I know this topic is specific about the diaspora, fundamentally, we have to develop and make Nigeria attractive to its citizens - all born in and outside of her shores. And it has to stop being a society like a wicked witch that consumes its own.

Newtonian physics is real. Nigeria is not a special place on earth that is immune to gravity or the every action and reaction principle. Loyalty is a 2 way street and not just an abstract concept.

If you build it, they will come as philosopher Costner once said . I’m a big believer in that principle. You build something worthwhile, it will attract the right folks. We can do this $#% and it will take both consistently small and Herculean effort, but build we must as a society or we perish.

Good luck to Udogie, God knows I wish he’d and many like him laced up for us but I do not begrudge the young man his choice.

Onovo my guy, you make very valid points. However, I believe this obstacle can be surmounted if we plan to go about getting this boys in the right way. Gone are the days when playing for an African team will devalue a player. We need to let these boys know that playing for Nigeria will not affect their value in any way. As far back as 1994, Daniel Amokachi, was the highest paid player in Everton ahead of English and British players.
Also, it’s not as if everything these boys know about Nigeria is negative, most of them are into Nigerian music and entertainment. I remember when Chelsea were on a trip to Dubai and their Nigerian born players, Abraham and Tomori, met Davido, they took photos with him and posted it online.
We just need to come up with a plan and the composition of the team that will speak to the diaspora born players instead of the current haphazard manner of approach. Saka’s family for instance, were ready to listen to what plans Nigeria had for their son but Pinnick messed up.
As bad as things are, the Super Eagles, are still a good brand and about the only positive thing coming from the country. I was excited but disappointed when Emir told us about positive changes coming to our sports from the new government but it’s business as usual. I heard from reliable sources that the President’s COS was settled from the funds for the Falcons WC campaign in Australia leading to a shortfall.
I believe we can convince some of these players to play for us if we come up with a plan for how they will fit in
We seriously need to look at our team doing the recruiting. When I talked about how Saka’s mom complained about Pinnick’s brash & boastful approach, people insulted me. These things do matter.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Well, it depends on what you mean by parenting. For instance, being a nice parent, loving your kids, etc will not make them choose Nigeria as an adult. They are not robots neither do and would they follow their parent's wishes wily-nily. As adults, they have a sociological impact and most of that is cultivated where the live. They have developed deep roots in their neighborhoods, with friends, etc. Those thins are not easily thrown away because of football and their father's wish. Think about this for a second, the reason you are attached to Nigeria and SE is based on that very sociological pull of your birthplace and others. Your kids do not have that. Theirs is based overseas and that is where they are attached.

Now why do some play for Nigeria or other African countries, anyway? Because they are either in a hurry and it is their first invitation. Two, they have waited for a call up by the preferred NT but it is not forthcoming. Three, they do not think they are considered by the European nation but want to play international football.

The above options represent the reason why they will choose Nigeria or any African country. In my view, Nigeria ought to pursue the first option because you can get a truly gifted player before the European country pats attention. This requires deep scouting and really working on the lad.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:15 pm
Well, it depends on what you mean by parenting. For instance, being a nice parent, loving your kids, etc will not make them choose Nigeria as an adult. They are not robots neither do and would they follow their parent's wishes wily-nily. As adults, they have a sociological impact and most of that is cultivated where the live. They have developed deep roots in their neighborhoods, with friends, etc. Those thins are not easily thrown away because of football and their father's wish. Think about this for a second, the reason you are attached to Nigeria and SE is based on that very sociological pull of your birthplace and others. Your kids do not have that. Theirs is based overseas and that is where they are attached.

Now why do some play for Nigeria or other African countries, anyway? Because they are either in a hurry and it is their first invitation. Two, they have waited for a call up by the preferred NT but it is not forthcoming. Three, they do not think they are considered by the European nation but want to play international football.

The above options represent the reason why they will choose Nigeria or any African country. In my view, Nigeria ought to pursue the first option because you can get a truly gifted player before the European country pats attention. This requires deep scouting and really working on the lad.
EII,

The sad truth is that diaspora parents don’t do enough to sell Nigeria to their kids. Bear in mind that many of them have no real incentive to do that because, from their perspective after all, they “escaped” Nigeria. Why would they groom their children to choose a place they have no real attachment to? Many of the kids who choose Nigeria do so because they want the Nigerian experience. Their parents are often in the best position to make them want that🤔❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:00 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:15 pm

EII,

The sad truth is that diaspora parents don’t do enough to sell Nigeria to their kids. Bear in mind that many of them have no real incentive to do that because, from their perspective after all, they “escaped” Nigeria. Why would they groom their children to choose a place they have no real attachment to? Many of the kids who choose Nigeria do so because they want the Nigerian experience. Their parents are often in the best position to make them want that🤔❗️

Cheers.
TBH, I do not even believe that any of the players who hare currently playing for Nigeria CHOSE Nigeria as #1 choice. Think of even the ones we are currently mentioning. They are now coming back to the Nigerian option because the first option is expiring. The first guy that I thought would have been Nigeria's major coup was Bukayo Saka. He mentioned Nigeria as an option from the get go but then went England as soon as England called. But he certainly would have been a big coup. We got Iwobi because he had not been called by England U-20 or was it U21 (?) and had not even played for Arsenal yet when Nigeria came calling. As soon as he arrived, SE had him cap-tied even before he played his first game for Arsenal's first team. That really is what we should do because I bet England is regretting the loss of Iwobi but there is no way England would have called him at the time Nigeria did. Not when he had not even featured for Arsenal first team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

A Spurs player? God forbid bad thing! I am disgusted! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

packerland wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:10 pm

Uncle Onovo,

We seriously need to look at our team doing the recruiting. When I talked about how Saka’s mom complained about Pinnick’s brash & boastful approach, people insulted me. These things do matter.
I agree with you that we need to set up a team that can do the recruitment for us and not just allow anyone to talk to these players.
Pinnick messed up on 3 high profile players namely Tammy Abraham, Eberechi Eze and Bukayo Saka. He wasn’t the right person to talk to them because of his attitude and mindset. You don’t go to players you are trying to recruit with a superior and boastful attitude. We remember how he was taking photos with Abraham and Eze and saying Tammy’s Dad was his childhood friend in Warri, instead of presenting a plan to them. The painful one was Saka who had turned down an England U21 invitation to listen to what the NFF had to offer only for Pinnick to turn it into a conversation about himself!
The Nigerian way of doing things is different from the way the rest of the world operates and if we are serious about getting some of these players, we need to come up with a plan that will convince them.
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:01 am
packerland wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:10 pm

Uncle Onovo,

I agree with you that we need to set up a team that can do the recruitment for us and not just allow anyone to talk to these players.
Pinnick messed up on 3 high profile players namely Tammy Abraham, Eberechi Eze and Bukayo Saka. He wasn’t the right person to talk to them because of his attitude and mindset. You don’t go to players you are trying to recruit with a superior and boastful attitude. We remember how he was taking photos with Abraham and Eze and saying Tammy’s Dad was his childhood friend in Warri, instead of presenting a plan to them. The painful one was Saka who had turned down an England U21 invitation to listen to what the NFF had to offer only for Pinnick to turn it into a conversation about himself!
The Nigerian way of doing things is different from the way the rest of the world operates and if we are serious about getting some of these players, we need to come up with a plan that will convince them.
He probably pulled up with his Rolls Royce hoping that them innit boys will bow down to him. Them boys are young and rich and they blow hundreds & thousands every week at the strip clubs.

Just look at Pinnick’s reaction to Davido’s failure to show up for a booking. Emenalo may never agree to be our technical adviser but we can pay him to be a part of the recruitment team.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:42 pm Image
Good luck and bye bye to him. Omo jati jati.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:56 pm
Sunset wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:42 pm Image
Good luck and bye bye to him. Omo jati jati.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Please move this smelling thread
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread can now be moved to world forum. The Italian makes his debut vs the English
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IF THESE PLAYERS WERE BORN IN NIGERIA...

...there'd be no question who they'd play for. And they would keep no one waiting.

Okocha, Osimhen, Mikel, Babayaro, Yekini, Oliseh, Keshi, etc, did not keep people waiting and guessing. What do they have in common? They were all born in Nigeria. Someone mentioned winning the world cup but failed to explain how you do it with second choice players, some of whom even accepted Nigerian invitation reluctantly.

Another suggested that difficulty with the diaspora kids is a reflection of the larger Nigerian society. In some ways I agree. Recall how when boko haram was menacing out of Sambisa forest and some (educated) Nigerians came out with their own solutions: bring S. African or Russian mercenaries; invite the US and or Israel. No Nigerian solution even though Nigeria boasts a sizable military. Want a soccer coach? Go to Europe.

How can a nation succeed and thrive with no self confidence?
Bell
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Moderator ! Please remove this thread from here It is useless been here :boo:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Italian team is not better than the SE today, even with Uzoho in goal. The last time Italy played a WC 2nd round match was in 2006. The last time they qualified for the WC was in 2014.

They need serious talents. They are now 3rd behind Ukraine
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Bell wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:11 am IF THESE PLAYERS WERE BORN IN NIGERIA...

...there'd be no question who they'd play for. And they would keep no one waiting.

Okocha, Osimhen, Mikel, Babayaro, Yekini, Oliseh, Keshi, etc, did not keep people waiting and guessing. What do they have in common? They were all born in Nigeria. Someone mentioned winning the world cup but failed to explain how you do it with second choice players, some of whom even accepted Nigerian invitation reluctantly.

Another suggested that difficulty with the diaspora kids is a reflection of the larger Nigerian society. In some ways I agree. Recall how when boko haram was menacing out of Sambisa forest and some (educated) Nigerians came out with their own solutions: bring S. African or Russian mercenaries; invite the US and or Israel. No Nigerian solution even though Nigeria boasts a sizable military. Want a soccer coach? Go to Europe.

Bell
:clap: :clap: :clap:
We are our own killers, and na so e go dey for a very long time.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

mcal wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:29 am
Bell wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:11 am IF THESE PLAYERS WERE BORN IN NIGERIA...

Bell
:clap: :clap: :clap:
We are our own killers, and na so e go dey for a very long time.
:thumb:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So Udogie was not called up to Italy this window.

Did they just cap and dump ?

They will never learn.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

To whomever wrote this piece, this sums it up. Fantastic work.

Uncle Onovo,

Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

nzeogwu wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:06 am To whomever wrote this piece, this sums it up. Fantastic work.

Uncle Onovo,

Could not agree more. A deeply corrupt and disrespected country cannot attract talent that has options, especially since its entire framework is bereft of meritocracy and professional ethics.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Uncle Onovo,

Well said!

But, I fall under the category that I am not going to beg anyone to play for Naijaria in a sport that is our national sport. We get plenty people that all they lack is opportunity.

I will invest in Train-the-Trainer.
Get our coaches exposed to structured learning.
Make football equipment easily accessible.
Stop age cheating (or reduce it).

I will take my chances with a Naija born and raised athlete who now went to the abroad for fine-tuning (like getting a Masters).

There's this grit the Naija environment gives someone that when blended with oyibo (Western) influence gives you a winning edge.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!