Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Alategun
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Post by Alategun »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:36 pm
Irony is really lost here. It means Liverpool was originally unfairly cheated off 9 points before VAR intervened. Something that didn't happen in Saturday. Cruelly so.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is bad sha. let us call a spade a spade. VAR is corrupt chei
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:09 pm
The whole world knew infield decision was offside. The only 2 people who didn't know that are the 2 that are actually paid to know. Mind bugging. They weren't paying attention. But what law would be broken? U already broke a law by disallowing a legitimate goal
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Jurgen Klopp had PLENTY to say about the events that transpired at Tottenham and, in his opinion, the solution would be a replay. Here is his every word on the subject.

It was not surprising in the slightest to see the first question in Klopp’s press conference on Thursday to not be about the visit of Union SG, but the events of Saturday.

What was surprising, however, was the manager’s statement that he wants the match to be replayed as the solution to what unfolded.

The PA news agency report that the Premier League’s stance remains the same and a replay would not be considered, but here is Klopp’s argument for why it ought to be given thought to.

Now you’ve listened to the audio, how is everyone feeling?

“The audio didn’t change it at all, I wasn’t interested really in why things happen because I knew, I saw the outcome, I saw goal – we scored and it didn’t count.”

“I wasn’t waiting for the audio and then sitting there hoping I could find out how it could happen or whatever.

“What I want to say is, it’s really important, as big and important as football is, for us at least, that we really deal with it in a proper way.

“I mean, that all of the people involved, on-field ref, linesman, fourth official and especially now in this case VAR, they did not do that on purpose.

“We should not forget that. Yes, it was a mistake, an obvious mistake, and I think there would have been solutions for it afterwards.

“I can say immediately, and probably some people don’t want me to say it, not as a manager of Liverpool so much, more as a football person, I think the only outcome should be a replay.

“That’s how it is. Probably will not happen.

“The argument against that, will probably be if we open that gate, then everybody will ask for it.

“I think the situation is that unprecedented that, it didn’t happen before, I’m 56 years old and since 50 years in football and I am absolutely used to, don’t always deal well with it, but I’m used to wrong decisions, difficult decisions.

“But something like that, as far as I can remember, never happened. That’s why I think a replay would be the right thing.

“Against the argument it would be, if it happened again I think a replay would be the right thing to do.

“Or, the ref has the opportunity to bring both coaches together and say, ‘We made a mistake, but we can sort it. Let Liverpool score a goal and we start from there’.

“In this specific game, what makes it a bit more special is that we conceded two minutes after we scored a regular goal.

“And how all things depend on each other, if the goal would’ve counted we would’ve started the game in the centre of the pitch and not where it started. It would’ve been different.

“That’s one thing and that’s my view on it. I’m not angry with any of them. Not at all.

“I really think it should, it’s not only respect, but the only thing for human beings in general is you should not go for them [the officials].

“It is not allowed to go for them, in no way, they made a mistake and they felt horrible that night, I’m 100 percent sure. And that’s enough for me, no one needs further punishment.

“We should just discuss it on a completely normal basis without emotions. I’m not angry, I could discuss it, but it’s not my job. I’m here to prepare a game that is super important.

“I understand you ask the question and you want to have answers for that, what I thought, what made this day really difficult for us is all the other decisions.”

“Discussing these things in public, I told you a couple of times, the world is not ready for that.

“If I now say, yes would be cool if managers [put it] out there on the table, we have enough opportunities to talk to the refs.

“The refs want to do it right, believe me. We speak since ages that the wording ‘clear and obvious’ is not the right wording, it just about right or wrong.

“It’s a massive institution, IFAB and all these kind of things, at the end, believe me or not, they all want to put it right and I believe in that.

“These things should not happen, other mistakes shouldn’t happen, but they happened. That’s fine, learn from it.

“Find the solution for how to deal with it. The solution, for me, is not only about improving the process, because now all the time that it took so long to find a decision, and everybody in the stadium was like, ‘ugh, what are they waiting for’.

“We rush them and told them we need the decisions quicker, now we have a quick decision but it is a wrong decision. Or the decision was right but the communication…

“Things need as much time as they need. Is it fantastic we celebrated a goal for a second and then we wait five minutes to understand if we can really celebrate or not?”

Replay desire is not just because it is Liverpool…
LONDON, ENGLAND - Saturday, September 30, 2023: Tottenham Hotspur's James Maddison (L) is challenged by Liverpool's Curtis Jones during the FA Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur FC and Liverpool FC at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)
“It’s a heated conversation about people and there is a solution for it, and I really think it is a solution.”

“In a game, and it’s not because we are involved, in a situation like this, real massive mistake of all people involved then correct it in that moment.

“Obviously, the decisive people in that moment thought that’s not what they can do. Fine, then let’s do a replay.

“And if it happened next time, give them the chance to do it like this and we don’t have that problem anymore.”

“I have to accept everything. It is just that unprecedented that the parts of the referee team said ‘goal’.

“That’s really rare and does not show up on a screen, on the scoresheet and the game continues with a free-kick. That makes it really different, I think.

“It’s about what is the possible outcome. Again, we, in our position, it is completely normal that we have to accept what we get told so we can be as angry, or not.

“We have to accept what we get told. So if we say something about referees which is not helpful but out of emotion, not a general opinion, it’s just, ‘cannot do that’ and [a] fine.

“That’s the world, the planet we are living on. I’m not interested in that, if I say something which is not right, they fine me, I pay it and it is good.

“I’m interested in how can we improve the things and if the only solution for a problem like this, it will not happen next week, definitely not.

LONDON, ENGLAND - Saturday, September 30, 2023: Liverpool's manager Jürgen Klopp (L) and first-team development coach Pepijn Lijnders during the FA Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur FC and Liverpool FC at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)
“Nobody wants to make these kinds of mistakes and wants to be in the middle of all the attention for all the wrong reasons. We have to talk about it really calm, what could be the possible outcome?

“If that would happen again, I would say replay. Fine. We play it again.

“Or, much better than a replay, sort it in that moment. Just with common sense.

“Then you don’t have that problem anymore. Maybe it happens in 10 years again, and then they can say, ‘yes, last time we had to organise a replay, now we can do it like that. What a wonderful solution’.

“That would be a big improvement, but we will see.”

On Liverpool’s statement of exploring options and escalation…
“My English is not good enough, honestly. For me, it was a completely normal statement, I heard that some people thought it was aggressive.

“Of course we speak [with the Premier League]. But we have other people at the club who put that together and then the club goes for it, does the things we think we need to do.

“The word escalation didn’t come from me. I don’t exactly know what it means. I know what it means but I wouldn’t have put it in a letter.

Is the club now going to formally ask for replay?
With advice from the press officer, he replied: “At this stage, we’re still going through the information that we have. Sorry.”

This is unprecedented, thus needs an unprecedented solution…

“From my point of view, it’s just like this. If you face a situation for the first time, you try to understand it, why it happened. You figure it out and then you work on solutions.

“I know everybody is doing that but that doesn’t solve the actual problems because points are at stake. How could it we sort it for the future but still that situation.

“That’s just how I understand it. You try it, you have to try to sort the situation. That’s why, for me, a replay would be the right decision.

“If that happens or not, it’s not even close to my hands and I don’t care, it’s just my opinion. And then, of course, how the ref said, the process will be better.

“It’s good, of course, that’s very good and that would be a very good outcome. But it doesn’t change the something that already happened and what is the solution for that, by the way.

“I think just us saying, ‘yep, got it. There was a penalty situation not given for us in the past and we didn’t get a replay that’s why we cannot do that’.

“It’s a completely different situation. That goal [Diaz’s] was scored, was legal. Fact. And, in the end, it didn’t count. That makes no sense.”

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/10/a ... liverpool/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Will Klopp consent to replaying games in which Liverpool gained from VAR?

If that game were to be replayed, Liverpool should field only 9 men, just to be fair.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:18 pm Will Klopp consent to replaying games in which Liverpool gained from VAR?

If that game were to be replayed, Liverpool should field only 9 men, just to be fair.
Everything you've said is misguided so I will do my best to correct you.

1. No. It isn't about benefitting from VAR. Firstly, Liverpool benefit from VAR as it often has to correct wrong on-field decisions. This situation isn't about gaining from VAR or consenting to replays off the back of VAR decisions. You have to be smarter than this.

2. If the game were to be replayed (very unlikely) I expect it would re-start at the point at which the error was made - so Liverpool one goal up with 10 men and 34 minutes played. Howard Webb has set the precedent for doing this when he was working in the US.

"Upon review of the Oct. 16 match, the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) determined that an officiating error and misapplication of the FIFA Laws of the Game occurred in the 66th minute," the USL's statement read.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_ ... allow-goal
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Kovacic tackle- no RC
2nd Kovacic tackle- no 2nd YC

Guimareas 2nd tackle vs West Ham- no 2nd YC

Pascal Gross foul on Szobo vs Brighton- No RC; no YC. Just a PK
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

If VVD had performed the Gross foul I'm certain he'd have been red carded.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

That will do.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A little tipple on the travelling band. City, for all their pass mastery, are giving up more chances than usual. Odds on favourites however, makes the outside bet all the more mouthwatering. Anything in play? Set-piece…variety? The spice of life, penalty, keeper’s left. Flash of yellow, pinch of red and more amber than an indecisive traffic light.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Trent will be having nightmares of Doku
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...that City goal, Allison was asking for it.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Liverpool 4 - 3 Fulham.

We like making hard work of things,
George Bush
Egg
Egg

Post by George Bush »

SEWERPOOL GBEGBEDI, EGBE DIDI DODO, SEWERPOOL GBEGBEDI, EGBE DIDI DODO!!!!! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

SEWERPOOL + ASSFIELD STADIUM :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Oti sheleh!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Surely this has to be record number of attempts on goal in a Premier League fixture. And equally the record number of attempts on goal without scoring. Newcastle will have all the luck of the Irish or take a thrashing here.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The Hurricane.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cant believe you guys spent 100m on Nunez! :scared: :ohmy: My word! Just imagine that 100m was spent on a serious striker, you'd be on another level.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Wherever Anthony Taylor goes, controversy follows.

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »