The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:04 pm Had this one down for 4-2 on one slip and a Liverpool win in the flutter. Tomorrow, pork loin, hock, gammon steak with cranberry jam. Beef galantine? Hardly, boar. Wild and ravenous. The curse of Ham. 4-3. Capping off the accumulator with Raith (11/5) triumphing over Partick and outside bet, the Spartans grabbing a draw in the Highland playoffs. Odds? Mouthwatering, upwards of 8 large if it hits on a modest wager.
Blueberry butterscotch pie! In the lowlands of Lancashire all blooming, while the ale tripples down the throat! Odd wet mouth? Not a chance in the mountains of Inverness! Dunfirmline unwelcomed higlanders.. but not a word from the Irish! Tongue slapping fish and chips with a side of Strawberry pie? ahhhhhhh the Jacobites, handgrabbing, muscles twitching! :D
Last edited by danfo driver on Mon May 13, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:45 pm Precious point for Emeribe. Will rue the misses. Big Crystal Palace at Fort Selhurst, ye shalt not pass. Oliver Cromwell Glasner. Magic Johnny Mateta. Abracadabra. No favours from the Saladins. Nothing but luncheon meat on the china tomorrow. Tapas? B*llocks to that you bent paella! Two words, Bacon.
Oliver Twist with a Glasses... a young lad, asking for more! Shall Emeribe be the Fegan? Give him some vegan? Some blueberry pie? No! he shall gobble up haggis. He did, indeed a lad of the highlands. He wanted porridge with a side of scotch pie! A meat loaf to go? No, b*llocks in the knickers! Just four words - toad in the hole! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:54 pm
Coach wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:45 pm Precious point for Emeribe. Will rue the misses. Big Crystal Palace at Fort Selhurst, ye shalt not pass. Oliver Cromwell Glasner. Magic Johnny Mateta. Abracadabra. No favours from the Saladins. Nothing but luncheon meat on the china tomorrow. Tapas? B*llocks to that you bent paella! Two words, Bacon.
Oliver Twist with a Glasses... a young lad, asking for more! Shall Emeribe be the Fegan? Give him some vegan? Some blueberry pie? No! he shall gobble up haggis. He did, indeed a lad of the highlands. He wanted porridge with a side of scotch pie! A meat loaf to go? No, b*llocks in the knickers! Just four words - toad in the hole! :D
I see the mental breakdown from Arsenal's win yesterday .... is complete! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I’m not even gonna watch that bloody game tomorrow night. Won’t put it past Spurs to
purposely throw that match out of spite.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ar ... hase-title

Postecoglou aiming for Tottenham victory … even if it helps Arsenal
Tottenham game with City crucial to rival’s title hopes
Coach ‘will never understand’ fans wanting own team to lose

Ange Postecoglou has said he does not understand why some Tottenham supporters would prefer to lose against Manchester City on Tuesday if it means Arsenal do not win their first title for 20 years. Arsenal’s victory against Manchester United on Sunday means City must win for the first time in the Premier League at the ­Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to reclaim top spot before the final round of matches on Sunday.

A defeat or draw would leave ­Arsenal in pole position. Tottenham’s chances of qualifying for the Champions League will be alive unless Aston Villa beat Liverpool on Monday night, and regardless Postecoglou was adamant that his side will be aiming for victory.

“People are allowed to feel the way they do,” he said when asked for his thoughts on some fans wanting to lose to stop Arsenal from winning the league. “I don’t understand it, I never will. I understand rivalry. I was part of one of the biggest ones in the world in the last couple of years with Celtic and Rangers but I’ve never, and will never, understand if someone wants their own team to lose. That’s not what sport is about.

“But I think I’ve been consistent and really strong in my beliefs that it’s important for this football club not to look for magic bullets to get to where we want to. It’s hard work, it’s resilience, it’s quality, not to fall for any false dawns – and know what real success looks like: trophies. Anything else in between, bragging rights, whatever it is, is absolutely meaning­less to me or anyone involved with me. We’ve got a game we want to win.”

City finally tasted victory at Spurs’ new home at the sixth attempt when beating them in the FA Cup in ­January but have not scored a goal there in four Premier League defeats. Yet Postecoglou, who confirmed that Yves Bissouma will not play again until next season after sustaining a knee injury in the win against Burnley on Saturday, believes history counts for nothing against City, who are attempting to seal an unprecedented fourth successive title.

“My recent home record against them is one game, one loss, so I’m not going to take any confidence from that,” he said. “What I’ll take confidence from is we’ve got an opportunity to measure ourselves against the best: a team that has consistently strived for honours. We want to emulate them one day and the best way to do that is to test yourself against them. We’ll play our football and see where it takes us.”

Asked whether City’s dominance was a problem for the league, Postecoglou said: “They haven’t done it yet. That’s an important point. But if you think they have then it does become an issue because all of us are just putting down the red carpet for them. I’m not going to do that and I don’t think any managers will.

“It’s in the hands of each individual club to try and break that dominance and create teams that will challenge.”

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

The fat man talks a big game but his team has yet to back up his big words. Anyway won’t put it past Spurs to even beat City and then bottle it against Sheffield United :mrgreen: with the champions league spot in their grasp :laugh:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:50 pm The fat man talks a big game but his team has yet to back up his big words. Anyway won’t put it past Spurs to even beat City and then bottle it against Sheffield United :mrgreen: with the champions league spot in their grasp :laugh:
He sure does but Spurs have hope. Villa have to play Palace away and with Palace's current scary form it is very likely that they won't get anything out of that game. Your point is noted though. That would be typical Spurs. :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:56 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:50 pm The fat man talks a big game but his team has yet to back up his big words. Anyway won’t put it past Spurs to even beat City and then bottle it against Sheffield United :mrgreen: with the champions league spot in their grasp :laugh:
He sure does but Spurs have hope. Villa have to play Palace away and with Palace's current scary form it is very likely that they won't get anything out of that game. Your point is noted though. That would be typical Spurs. :laugh:

:rotf: :rotf: Typical Spurs. This is a game you don’t watch. You check the score on your phone later. If Spurs win, you jump endlessly for joy and if they lose, you roll your eyes and get on with your daily life. Spurs like to choke in big games, and this game is big for them and us, so I won’t be losing any sleep on this one. I’ll rather have Spurs throw it than they win and we lose to Everton. Lately, Everton no gree for anyone.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:14 pm

:rotf: :rotf: Typical Spurs. This is a game you don’t watch. You check the score on your phone later. If Spurs win, you jump endlessly for joy and if they lose, you roll your eyes and get on with your daily life. Spurs like to choke in big games, and this game is big for them and us, so I won’t be losing any sleep on this one. I’ll rather have Spurs throw it than they win and we lose to Everton. Lately, Everton no gree for anyone.
That is probably a very wise course of action. :laugh: However I am a glutton for punishment. :mrgreen: I will try to watch the game. If City take a 2-0 lead, I will turn it off and get on with my day. :woot:

I hear you about losing to Everton or even getting a draw against them. All very possible scenarios. Very annoying team.

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:27 pm

That is probably a very wise course of action. :laugh: However I am a glutton for punishment. :mrgreen: I will try to watch the game. If City take a 2-0 lead, I will turn it off and get on with my day. :woot:

I hear you about losing to Everton or even getting a draw against them. All very possible scenarios. Very annoying team.
You get liver. That 2-0 lead will probably be like a city penalty after Spurs misses one on the other end and an own goal in the manner of a defender back pass to an empty net Lol

Any team coached by Sean Dyche is annoying. I expect a tough and physical game from them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:38 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:27 pm

You get liver. That 2-0 lead will probably be like a city penalty after Spurs misses one on the other end and an own goal in the manner of a defender back pass to an empty net Lol

Any team coached by Sean Dyche is annoying. I expect a tough and physical game from them.
:rotf:

My only slight hope is that City have never scored(not even once!) in 4 games away at Tottenham in the league. Unbelievable. I hope they don't pick today to fix that stat.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The game will be a gunslinger. Neither side is defensively sound. If The wizard of Oz has his wits about him, he’ll stick Kulesevski wide right and left him expose Gvardiol. Brennan Johnson is too modest. Get Son back on the left, Big Ricky Charlie’s son through the middle.

Draw at HT, TottenHAM at FT, 17/1. Bizarrely, a few platforms offering 6/1 on Micah Hamilton getting on the scoresheet. City U21, team’s not yet announced, would be most strange for Pep to throw him in. Symptomatic? HAM.

6 pack of Bollinger sitting on ice. Spritzers to start, see ‘em down with a neat whiskey chaser. Full fizz from kick-off. Charcuterie. Choice cuts. Loin, trotter, under belly. Bacon, 8 rashers a portion.

@Africanus, that better be a pork chop in skinny latte. The more the merrier.

Big Ange to soften ‘em up. Dynamite Dave Moyes to finish it off.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Champagne spritzers. Bollinger, slim line tonic, decent measure of Aperol and dash of lime. Well chased by a whisky double.

Yma o Hyd, you sons of Ardiles! Best of British porcheta pork belly joint. Pork crackling. Bring it to life. Curse of HAM.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Spurs having the better of the exchanges so far

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

That would have been so spursy! :laugh: Great save from the spurs 'keeper!

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And City’s lack of pace (Walker aside) playing right into the trotters. Adama Doku would’ve been Akuku Danger to the high line. HAM.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:50 pm Spurs having the better of the exchanges so far
Usual vs City at the THS.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:55 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:50 pm Spurs having the better of the exchanges so far
Usual vs City at the THS.
The way they slice through City's midfield is a joy to behold

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

4-3-1-2, 4-2-4-0, false nines, false tens. More possession. More passes. Shoulder joint.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Stones misses a simple pass. Nerves?

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Longest City have gone in a game without since? Beloved.