The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Post by Sleaky72 »

I don’t understand why he doesn’t move a natural #8 like Zinchy into that position and let Tomi play the #3.
You can play football without inverting your fullbacks
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:53 pm I don’t understand why he doesn’t move a natural #8 like Zinchy into that position and let Tomi play the #3.
Zinchy is not even fit.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:50 pm
Waffiman wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:45 pm I don't fool myself when it comes to the game we all love so much. I always respect the game. You won't see me mouthing off before a NLD even if we are a top team.

This season, we are not a top team. None of our performances have been representative of a top team, yet we have Gooners mouthing off like we are a top team. Today, they got served humble pie.

Arteta has spent more money to make the team weaker. I would have given anything to have Granit in the lineup today, especially without our best midfielder, Partey. Instead, Arteta picked the most rubbish midfield since the days of John Jensen.

Having said all of that, we have Saka, and he was the man in the first half. We dominated for 35 minutes but fluffed our lines. If we had a killer, we would win the game in that 35 minutes.

Look at Jesus, just pass the ball to any corner of the post it is 2 nil and game over. Look at Eddie, like a school boy, and playing like one. Arsenal cannot win a thing with them as our main goal scorers. If only we had Ian Wright or Henry?

Arsenal went for it that 35 minutes, then ran out of gas. They had to see out the 1st half without conceding, and they could not manage that either. You can't score, you can't defend, you are not a top team.

Spurs are a much improved team, but still average. A top team will beat them today, 3 nil. Arsenal should win, but they have Jesus and Eddie, plus Vieira, who got bullied by Bissouma in midfield. No one bullied Xhaka.

As for Arteta, it is hard to be critical in that 35 minutes when the game should have been won. But the game is 90 minutes, and he was another problem on the day. His midfield, did not work. His forwards did not work. Instead, he makes a bigger mess of things. We needed to put pressure on Spurs, Saka is injured, he keeps him on, takes off Jesus. What was that?

Overall, Spurs deserved their draw because over 90 minutes, we, as the home team played a poor 2nd half, thanks to the Manager's choices.
:clap: this is all we ask about assanal fans. Be humble. You have spoken gallantly

SMH
Your team is Chelsea, right?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Gooners remember whenever we played Chelsea in the recent pass, we targeted Jorginho cos when hassled he can easily lose the ball. That was the tactic of most of the top clubs in the league.
With Declan & Thomas injured - that's major
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:19 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:53 pm I don’t understand why he doesn’t move a natural #8 like Zinchy into that position and let Tomi play the #3.
Zinchy is not even fit.
Erm he played the whole game today.
Playing as an inverted fullback.
Which, do you think is more taxing Bruv?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tolahs wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:36 pm Gooners remember whenever we played Chelsea in the recent pass, we targeted Jorginho cos when hassled he can easily lose the ball. That was the tactic of most of the top clubs in the league.
With Declan & Thomas injured - that's major
rice isn't injured
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:33 pm
Waffiman wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:45 pm I don't fool myself when it comes to the game we all love so much. I always respect the game. You won't see me mouthing off before a NLD even if we are a top team.

This season, we are not a top team. None of our performances have been representative of a top team, yet we have Gooners mouthing off like we are a top team. Today, they got served humble pie.

Arteta has spent more money to make the team weaker. I would have given anything to have Granit in the lineup today, especially without our best midfielder, Partey. Instead, Arteta picked the most rubbish midfield since the days of John Jensen.

Having said all of that, we have Saka, and he was the man in the first half. We dominated for 35 minutes but fluffed our lines. If we had a killer, we would win the game in that 35 minutes.

Look at Jesus, just pass the ball to any corner of the post it is 2 nil and game over. Look at Eddie, like a school boy, and playing like one. Arsenal cannot win a thing with them as our main goal scorers. If only we had Ian Wright or Henry?

Arsenal went for it that 35 minutes, then ran out of gas. They had to see out the 1st half without conceding, and they could not manage that either. You can't score, you can't defend, you are not a top team.

Spurs are a much improved team, but still average. A top team will beat them today, 3 nil. Arsenal should win, but they have Jesus and Eddie, plus Vieira, who got bullied by Bissouma in midfield. No one bullied Xhaka.

As for Arteta, it is hard to be critical in that 35 minutes when the game should have been won. But the game is 90 minutes, and he was another problem on the day. His midfield, did not work. His forwards did not work. Instead, he makes a bigger mess of things. We needed to put pressure on Spurs, Saka is injured, he keeps him on, takes off Jesus. What was that?

Overall, Spurs deserved their draw because over 90 minutes, we, as the home team played a poor 2nd half, thanks to the Manager's choices.
:clap: this is all we ask about assanal fans. Be humble. You have spoken gallantly

SMH
i dont understand how this relates to giving waffi kudos for being a very humble fan
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Your arrogance is quite interesting.
ojafranpa wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:31 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:54 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:47 pm
You got it twisted. We won’t finish below 3rd this year. We are winning the league next year for sure. We overachieved last year which further increased the expectations for this season.

The goal this year is still the title, so don’t give me a lecture on having a deficit mindset.
You got to be kidding :blink:!!! ARSEnal will be lucky to finish 6th this season. You have a resurgent Mighty Super HotSpur, Citey, Liverpool, Brighton, and Villa to contend with, and that's not including Newcastle and Manure. As for next year, you might not even get into European position.
Arsenal will dump on your team at Toto stadium with the full compliment of their team.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I hate to say this, but despite the fact that Arsenal is not a team at Man City's level, Arsenal is actually in the top 3 teams in the League, easily. That is why I thank God every day for the following things:

1. Arteta was f00lish enough to let go of his midfield from last season which dominated
2. Arteta disrespected Partey
3. Arteta refused to buy a top striker like Osimhen
4. Arteta spent 65m for Harvetz.

Thank you Jesus! Just imagine he:

1. kept Xhaka, even if Rice is the starter
2. respected Partey and made him important;
3. Added Balogun's money to the 65m and got a proper striker like Osimhen
4. brought in someone like Diaby (former leverkusen and now aston villa)

Kai! Thank you Jesus! I for no fit stay Cybereagles.

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:37 pm
Zinchy is not even fit.
you do not even know the players you claim you support...smh
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:37 pm
Zinchy is not even fit.
you do not even know the players you claim you support...smh
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hey sleaky aka aniks , keep running
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:22 am

SMH
i dont understand how this relates to giving waffi kudos for being a very humble fan

It relates to the fact that a fan of a team that spent 1b pounds and is 14th should not be mocking others, and should stay in the corner and stfu!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you are funny, am i in charge of finances at Chelsea. I guess the league ends in september :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:12 pm

SMH

It relates to the fact that a fan of a team that spent 1b pounds and is 14th should not be mocking others, and should stay in the corner and stfu!
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:16 pm you are funny, am i in charge of finances at Chelsea. I guess the league ends in september :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:12 pm

SMH

You are in charge of your posts. Yes the league does not end in September, but until you turn it around you have no basis to be mocking others; strutting around threads and mocking those who are much better than you.

Go in the corner and keep quiet!!!

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

see this guy, in your head , 6 games are enough to crown the winner? This isn't the champs league. Get a hold of yourself, it is a long season .

You have no shame comparing a team with 19 year olds etc vs the likes of City ..smh bottomline, players still rejected pool, that should tell you something
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsenal's Title Hopes Dashed..Simon Jordan Claims 'Mid-Table' Nketiah Can't Deliver!
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Arsenal's Title Hopes Dashed..Simon Jordan Claims 'Mid-Table' Nketiah Can't Deliver!
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:48 pm

Nketiah is the best striker in their squad.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:24 pm see this guy, in your head , 6 games are enough to crown the winner? This isn't the champs league. Get a hold of yourself, it is a long season .

You have no shame comparing a team with 19 year olds etc vs the likes of City ..smh bottomline, players still rejected pool, that should tell you something

I'm comparing a team that spent 1 BILLION pounds and languishes in 14th place.

And I'm suggesting that you should stfu rather than mock others...

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“Arsenal have been given a welcome lift with the news Declan Rice’s injury is not serious. The midfielder was withdrawn at half-time in Sunday’s draw with Tottenham but is understood to have experienced a back spasm and hopes to be back for the visit to Bournemouth on Saturday.“
Today’s Guardian.

Dodged a huge bullet there.
Hope more Gooners start showing Partey
more respect. Didn’t like how he was treated
in the back end of the season after carrying us
for most of the year.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:07 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:24 pm see this guy, in your head , 6 games are enough to crown the winner? This isn't the champs league. Get a hold of yourself, it is a long season .

why are you concerned or losing sleep over how billionaires spend their money? how does that affect your livelihood? this is the problem with people like you on the internet, you get carried away by those who don pass you for life etc .

If a group of people choose to lavish their toys , how is that any of your business? nah your money or any fans money?
You see why you are still stagnant intellectually ? if you keep sleeping ,waking up and questioning bigpokey how some people choose to spend their money instead of you learning , you will be stuck and become baba grumpy..get with the program.$1B is nothing for folks like Todd B. This is what you fail to realize

learn or go back into the bushes like homer simpson
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:18 pm
txj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:07 pm

why are you concerned or losing sleep over how billionaires spend their money? how does that affect your livelihood? this is the problem with people like you on the internet, you get carried away by those who don pass you for life etc .

If a group of people choose to lavish their toys , how is that any of your business? nah your money or any fans money?
You see why you are still stagnant intellectually ? if you keep sleeping ,waking up and questioning bigpokey how some people choose to spend their money instead of you learning , you will be stuck and become baba grumpy..get with the program.$1B is nothing for folks like Todd B. This is what you fail to realize

learn or go back into the bushes like homer simpson

I could care less for how they or anybody spends their money.

What I care about is someone whose club is in the dump, after spending 1b having the temerity to mock others who are actually thriving!

Go in the corner and stfu until your club turns the corner!