The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Post by Coach »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:52 pm that assanal goalie nah disaster waiting to happen, chei... i wonder what Ramsdale is thinking
Spaniards!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:56 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:52 pm that assanal goalie nah disaster waiting to happen, chei... i wonder what Ramsdale is thinking
Spaniards!
Seriously?
Why the Xenophobia
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Xenophobia, how? Question, what is Ramsdale thinking? Spanish coach chooses Spanish GK over form-most English keeper. Probably thinking much more than Spaniard.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:28 pm Xenophobia, how? Question, what is Ramsdale thinking? Spanish coach chooses Spanish GK over form-most English keeper. Probably thinking much more than Spaniard.
You’ve gotta be kidding me?
Raya has better stats across the board over Rams.
His jittery nervous twitches killed us last season ..
What form? His goals conceded to shot ratio is piss poor. Yeah of course it’s easy to blame the Spaniards and not look at yourself … anyway whatever.

Typical simple English way of thinking: blame all ‘er foreign blokes!
Wasn’t many moons ago when the premier league was responsible for all the
failures of the English NT.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Exactly. Typical English way of thinking. Ramsdale, typical English. “Spaniard and some”. Would come as no surprise were the papers to toss their tuppence tomorrow too. Typical tabloids.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Let us be honest, Spanish goalies are pretty bad . Kepa, Sanchez. Raya, Unai
..you name it...they've been error prone for many years. Even De gea
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Its easy to forget that Saka and Martinelli are coming back from Injury layoff's .

Even Jesus in my opinion is not yet 100% - the city win made us forget these little things - and then they went off to International break.

We do need reinforcements in Jan.. We should really go for Ivan Toney and a winger /wide / forward like Frimpong of Leverkussen or Neto of Wolves, I Would have loved Diaby but we slept and Villa ot him.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:46 am Its easy to forget that Saka and Martinelli are coming back from Injury layoff's .

Even Jesus in my opinion is not yet 100% - the city win made us forget these little things - and then they went off to International break.

We do need reinforcements in Jan.. We should really go for Ivan Toney and a winger /wide / forward like Frimpong of Leverkussen or Neto of Wolves, I Would have loved Diaby but we slept and Villa ot him.

You also need defensive reinforcements. Malang Sarr would fit perfectly at Arsenal.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

balo wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:57 am
Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:46 am Its easy to forget that Saka and Martinelli are coming back from Injury layoff's .

You also need defensive reinforcements. Malang Sarr would fit perfectly at Arsenal.
You’re not serious. I see what youz’re trying to do. Pawn another Chelsea curse to us. We already got Jorginho & Havertz to deal with.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

We need Toney badly. I’m happy that Brentford are doing pretty well in his absence, maybe they’ll think they don’t need the big guy and won’t skyrocket their asking price.

Frimpong might cost more than Diaby especially since it will be a January transfer & with Leverkusen challenging for the Bundesliga title.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

assanal CE spamming fans already with excuses. with the 368 Million yall spent in the summer, una still dey cry about more signings, even with una so called project hitting the 4th years with Arteta ..smh
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

packerland wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:02 pm
balo wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:57 am

You’re not serious. I see what youz’re trying to do. Pawn another Chelsea curse to us. We already got Jorginho & Havertz to deal with.
Just looking out for my Arsenal bredas. You lots were better when the ex-Chelsea player came on the field. You could use another.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Good Ebening.
Kudos to Don Emery :clap: :clap:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Arsenal won but they still suck
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:47 pm Arsenal won but they still suck
You fixed the site? Well done bro.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

My broda I know you have been working very hard this past week to fix the site, but all that hard work can't have affected your ability to see reality. Arsenal are in very, very good shape. Even Nketiah bagged a hat trick! :shock: :shock:

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I know. They are really good this year..

BTW, the irony is my 12 yr old daughter has become a serious Arsenal fan. Who woulda tough
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:48 pm
My broda I know you have been working very hard this past week to fix the site, but all that hard work can't have affected your ability to see reality. Arsenal are in very, very good shape. Even Nketiah bagged a hat trick! :shock: :shock:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:24 am I know. They are really good this year..

BTW, the irony is my 12 yr old daughter has become a serious Arsenal fan. Who woulda tough
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:48 pm
She has a good taste :taunt: . Remind me to send her an Arsenal jersey on her next birthday
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wait oo, so Sheff only has 1 point this season? wow
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:17 pm Good Ebening.
Last year Arsenal scored 14 goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League matches, this year it has been 0.

In the opening 30 minutes last year, it was 29 goals scored, this year just 4.

After 10 games, last year, Arsenal had 27 points, this year, it is 24.

So what has changed?

Arteta is trying to pace this season better. He does not want to end up with exhausted players for the last 5 games of the season. So the all out high octane gun-ho tactics has given way to a calmer, more measured defensive approach.

Too many Gooners are fretting and letting sports writers, pundits and rival fans cloud their reality. Arteta has changed our the approach, tactics and re-jigged the system this season. He is effectively trying to stop us conceding the sort of goals we did last season, knowing these defensive give aways, especially at the Emirates costs us the title.

Just look at Sevilla losing their discipline and leaving themselves exposed to some brilliant play by Jesus. Where was the cover on Martinelli? At that moment, they had 3 defending the counter, and they got caught.

We have a more cautious approach with us trying to play from the width but ensuring we hold our structure to ensure we are not caught on the counter attack like we were last season.

For example, last season against Chelsea, we would have tried to break them down by trying to break the lines with passes inside and an extra player receiving the pass. This season like we saw against City, Arteta opted for the long pass towards Harvetz, and his contributions towards the City and Chelsea goals epitomises Arteta's changed of approach and tactics.

Arteta this season, attack with a 5, leaving 5 in defensive positions during every attack. Last season, he attacked with a minimum 6, and a lot of times with a 7. He has not attacked with a 6 all season - even against Sheffield United. I remember watching games last season, when Gabriel and Saliba with Partey just in front, were defenders during attacks. At times Partey joined and Zinchenko dropped deep. It was exciting stuff but high risk, I have not seen us play like that this season.

With 8 goals conceded, we have the joint best defence in the league. But we have played ManU, Chelsea, City and Spurs. We don't have to dominate games like last season and lose. If we can get points against the odds like at Chelsea, and win the title, that's what counts. Defensive stability plus attacking fluidity, wins titles.

Oh! This is interesting. So we have made these changes playing with injuries to key players but have not suffered compared to last season. When you consider the games played, the stats are skewed against City and Arsenal. This is why City remain the team to beat.

"Teams' points difference from the first opening nine games of 2023-24 versus the equivalent fixtures from last season:

+11 Tottenham
+3 Liverpool
+3 Newcastle
+3 Chelsea
+2 Aston Villa
0 Arsenal
-4 Man Utd
-6 Man City"

We are not playing well, I still take the view Arteta needs to mix it more by going central. And against Sheffield United, Arteta played Harvertz in a similar role to his days at BL in Germany. I noted with keen interest, Havertz was the widest player, with Saka suddenly switching into midfield and picking up the ball behind the opposition 2nd defensive block, with space to run at their defence.

Apart from the fact that I believe Saka will be most effective middle, I applauded this development because it shows Arteta being aware of the problem and looking to fix it.

Indeed we have specific central access improvements to make, because teams have targeted Odegaard, with the injuries to Saka and Martinelli, we need to find a way to play coping with this specific handicap. We also need to mix it through the middle differently when we have them fully fit. It is clear Arteta has this in mind

The narratives on ourseason so far are absurd especially when you look at the physical results beyond just record. Have a look at the xG difference in the same fixtures it’s not significantly different. But I keep on hearing our form is not sustainable, but we have been handicapped and getting results. The irony is the push for sustainability was questioned last season due to our young wide attackers over performing. Sustainability is the team adapting to defensive issues by losing a bit of fluidity to add security.

We all know things can change and the good start ends up as nothing, but there are so many positives to build on so long as we keep consistent.

I say to all Gooners. Keep the faith. We are definitely looking to be Champions this season, and there is every chance we can, especially if we sign Toney from Brentford or Ollie from Villa.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:32 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:17 pm Good Ebening.
Last year Arsenal scored 14 goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League matches, this year it has been 0.

In the opening 30 minutes last year, it was 29 goals scored, this year just 4.

After 10 games, last year, Arsenal had 27 points, this year, it is 24.

So what has changed?

Arteta is trying to pace this season better. He does not want to end up with exhausted players for the last 5 games of the season. So the all out high octane gun-ho tactics has given way to a calmer, more measured defensive approach.

Too many Gooners are fretting and letting sports writers, pundits and rival fans cloud their reality. Arteta has changed our the approach, tactics and re-jigged the system this season. He is effectively trying to stop us conceding the sort of goals we did last season, knowing these defensive give aways, especially at the Emirates costs us the title.

Just look at Sevilla losing their discipline and leaving themselves exposed to some brilliant play by Jesus. Where was the cover on Martinelli? At that moment, they had 3 defending the counter, and they got caught.

We have a more cautious approach with us trying to play from the width but ensuring we hold our structure to ensure we are not caught on the counter attack like we were last season.

For example, last season against Chelsea, we would have tried to break them down by trying to break the lines with passes inside and an extra player receiving the pass. This season like we saw against City, Arteta opted for the long pass towards Harvetz, and his contributions towards the City and Chelsea goals epitomises Arteta's changed of approach and tactics.

Arteta this season, attack with a 5, leaving 5 in defensive positions during every attack. Last season, he attacked with a minimum 6, and a lot of times with a 7. He has not attacked with a 6 all season - even against Sheffield United. I remember watching games last season, when Gabriel and Saliba with Partey just in front, were defenders during attacks. At times Partey joined and Zinchenko dropped deep. It was exciting stuff but high risk, I have not seen us play like that this season.

With 8 goals conceded, we have the joint best defence in the league. But we have played ManU, Chelsea, City and Spurs. We don't have to dominate games like last season and lose. If we can get points against the odds like at Chelsea, and win the title, that's what counts. Defensive stability plus attacking fluidity, wins titles.

Oh! This is interesting. So we have made these changes playing with injuries to key players but have not suffered compared to last season. When you consider the games played, the stats are skewed against City and Arsenal. This is why City remain the team to beat.

"Teams' points difference from the first opening nine games of 2023-24 versus the equivalent fixtures from last season:

+11 Tottenham
+3 Liverpool
+3 Newcastle
+3 Chelsea
+2 Aston Villa
0 Arsenal
-4 Man Utd
-6 Man City"

We are not playing well, I still take the view Arteta needs to mix it more by going central. And against Sheffield United, Arteta played Harvertz in a similar role to his days at BL in Germany. I noted with keen interest, Havertz was the widest player, with Saka suddenly switching into midfield and picking up the ball behind the opposition 2nd defensive block, with space to run at their defence.

Apart from the fact that I believe Saka will be most effective middle, I applauded this development because it shows Arteta being aware of the problem and looking to fix it.

Indeed we have specific central access improvements to make, because teams have targeted Odegaard, with the injuries to Saka and Martinelli, we need to find a way to play coping with this specific handicap. We also need to mix it through the middle differently when we have them fully fit. It is clear Arteta has this in mind

The narratives on ourseason so far are absurd especially when you look at the physical results beyond just record. Have a look at the xG difference in the same fixtures it’s not significantly different. But I keep on hearing our form is not sustainable, but we have been handicapped and getting results. The irony is the push for sustainability was questioned last season due to our young wide attackers over performing. Sustainability is the team adapting to defensive issues by losing a bit of fluidity to add security.

We all know things can change and the good start ends up as nothing, but there are so many positives to build on so long as we keep consistent.

I say to all Gooners. Keep the faith. We are definitely looking to be Champions this season, and there is every chance we can, especially if we sign Toney from Brentford or Ollie from Villa.
Waffiman take a look at how many goals Toney has scored outside of taking penalties and also factor in that Brentford plays with two strikers.
Nah I’ll go for Ollie W
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm down 3-0 to West yam seems its bye bye EFL cup.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates