2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] WOL v TOT [WK 2]

Post by Its a Goal »

Why is the lock moving so slow?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The changes have had an effect on the game as Spurs have been able to relieve the pressure on the defense. Bergwijn with a brilliant bit of skill to take out 3 players and find Kane who couldn't finish the move.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele is having a monster game today.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I thought Dier had scored with a header.

Hojbjerg gets a yellow. That's one for the team.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

End to end stuff.

Hojberg showing his skill.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Winks about to come on to shore up the midfield. Bergwijn comes off.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Winks about to come on for Bergwijn
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

3 extra minutes.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane booked for time wasting.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hard work all around. This is a good test of the team's resolve if they can hold out.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Well done Reggi.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Phew, that was a hard fought 3 points for Spurs
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs walk away with the spoils. Not pretty we take it. 3 points and Dele MOM.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I don't know how we did it but we survived.

NB I don't see much difference between this and Mourinho ball. We were very lucky today in defence but very unlucky in offence. We had some very good chances to make this game comfortable

My Motm is the defence but especially Hugo Lloris, Il capitano
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Did you see what Azpilicueta did to Saka? Thats how you mark Traore.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:50 pm Did you see what Azpilicueta did to Saka? Thats how you mark Traore.
Bros don't compare Saka to Traore. Saka is light weight. Let's wait till Chelsea plays Wolves and then we see Cesar vs Traore. That Adama is a beast - we are grateful for his lack of end product.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:57 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:50 pm Did you see what Azpilicueta did to Saka? Thats how you mark Traore.
Bros don't compare Saka to Traore. Saka is light weight. Let's wait till Chelsea plays Wolves and then we see Cesar vs Traore. That Adama is a beast - we are grateful for his lack of end product.
That is NOT the point. No one is comparing anyone to anyone. I am showing you a tactic of how to stop a fast, strong player who is du.mb. Stop looking at the minute and look at the bigger picture of the tactics I am describing. Forget Saka/Azpilicueta. Sheeeh!

Adama is a beast and he has played for middlebrough, Villa and Wolves and spent years in div 2! LOOOL. There is a reason top scouts do not think about him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

As expected and like I said, no big team will ever consider him.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The idea of asking Traore to the ranks is not as bad as I initially thought. What he lacks is finishing off moves and providing sufficient assists for his team mates. When you think about it the guys he plays with are not at the higher level. If he joins Spurs he will interchange with Bergwijn on the wings and open up enough space for the likes of Kane and Son to exploit. He could even get open space himself as the others can draw defenders away to let him on goal. I’m sure he will get to at least 10 goals and assists in the season.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

No thanks. He has poor end product. Only 10 assists in 4 years. That is worse than Bergwijn. I would rather stick with the Dutch man. Let Nuno go get a proper centre forward not a a Pius Ikedia clone.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Breaking news kane staying at Spurs..bbc
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58331546

With this, Spurs are now among the top 4 favorites...so who will city sign
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Now Cristao has to love Kane. :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Levy nah bad man ..kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved