The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Unai Emery looking to bring Nicolas Nkoulou from Torino/Cameroon. Emery knows him from the French league.
Keyloe Navas can actually play with his feet. Cech is just a catastrophe with ball at his feet. He looks so pathetic in games, just imagine what he looks like in training every day in front of Emery. Yikes !!!
Leno has been solid. He is still young.
Ozil has refused to go anywhere.

Navas is a non starter biko. I would take in one of the Burnley keepers: Heaton or Pope, Before Navas Abegi .... but then again Dyche Hates Arsenal so that one go hard small :mrgreen:

The playing with the feet thing for a goalie might be an added value but I want my keeper to be able to make game saving stops and be able to command his box which is what the English game is all about .

So far Leno and Cech have not measured up to both :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bepanda wrote:Unai Emery looking to bring Nicolas Nkoulou from Torino/Cameroon. Emery knows him from the French league.
Keyloe Navas can actually play with his feet. Cech is just a catastrophe with ball at his feet. He looks so pathetic in games, just imagine what he looks like in training every day in front of Emery. Yikes !!!
Leno has been solid. He is still young.
Ozil has refused to go anywhere.
Nkoulou has been balling for Torino, I mentioned it here a few weeks ago. Noticed him while checking out Aina, but dude is their best defender by far and a leader from the back.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:We should go for Victor Moses,Chelsea drop down his price to 7 million,it seems the Italian guy don't like him.

we should sign VM immediately. If Liverpool picks him up and he starts destroying everybody now, bad belle people will show up.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Asked about his reported interest in the Costa Rica international, the Arsenal manager told reporters: "Not true. We never speak about one goalkeeper because I think - and it’s true - we are very happy with the three goalkeepers we have now.

"We’ve never spoken about Keylor Navas."
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Fellow beloved are we supporting City today or Liverpool todays game?
We are 6 points behind City and 13 points behind Liverpool,If City win we are 9 points behind and 13 points behind leaders Liverpool.
I will say lets support Liverpool as its easy to cacth up with City than Pool..May be a draw might be better ?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

He wants to be paid like (or close to) Ozil wages. Would you do that?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Thank you Shitty!

Only one invincible team! Only one invincible Coach.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

So @TG and @Waffi,

What decided today's match since both teams are equally matched in my opinion quality wise? Quality or Tactics? See my point on Tactics?
And in this case it's not about Klopp getting his tactics wrong or Pep getting his tactics right, it's simply a case of ON the DAY Pep getting the tactical edge. A SLIGHT EDGE that he made to count. Unlike in our match with Liverpool where Emery got it TOTALLY WRONG.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

azuka wrote:So @TG and @Waffi,

What decided today's match since both teams are equally matched in my opinion quality wise? Quality or Tactics? See my point on Tactics?
Klopp stupidity decided this game, benching Fabinho and Keita in favor of Henderson and Milner..utterly foolish.

That absurd decision handed Man City all the momentum, momentum the champs carried to a victory in the Etihad.

I admire Klopp but sometimes he truly is a balloon head.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Legendary Santi Carzola at the double, blunts Madrid.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46754516

Santi's loss was one of the main impediments to the teams success in Wenger's last 2 years.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Nkume wrote:Legendary Santi Carzola at the double, blunts Madrid.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46754516

Santi's loss was one of the main impediments to the teams success in Wenger's last 2 years.
My Brother you sabi cry over spilled milk o..

Let Carzola and Wenger go now ? Ehen I beg you ...There is a Villareal RM thread go praise Santi bobo there .biko.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

And in this case it's not about Klopp getting his tactics wrong or Pep getting his tactics right, it's simply a case of ON the DAY Pep getting the tactical edge. A SLIGHT EDGE that he made to count. Unlike in our match with Liverpool where Emery got it TOTALLY WRONG.

This baseless utterance amongst other samples of ya drivel clearly show that you clearly have no idea of what you’re watching on Telly :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Go and look at all five goals by Liverpool vs Arsenal and tell me how poor tactics were at fault ... Cheiii this guy from the Sambissa forest no sabi football at al at all sha .... you should have stuck with chasing Agama lizards in the desert rather than football commentary smh :mrgreen:

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Two of the goals were very dodgy penalty calls that most refs wouldn't give, one (maybe two) was a fortuitous bounce from a ricochet off a clearance attempt.

FYI Klopp struggled his first season, last season their defence did them in so he upgraded, and now here they are. This is the same Klopp you and Traniks were rubbishing when I was comparing him to Wenger, suddenly now you're waxing lyrical in the game against us. Keep in mind City's tactics playing at home in a must win game will obviously and understandably be vastly different from Arsenal's tactics playing on the road in a game where they just needed to avoid defeat. Hardly basis for comparison.

Bottom-line Liverpool was clearly the better side on the day and so far throughout the season and with good reason, least of all having to do with Emery or his tactics.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Chelsea just dropped £68 million to sign Pulisic???

Wtf :lol: :lol: :lol:

This Dortmund sabi make money ohhh :scared:
I cannot get over it. They just got that heap of money for their bench player.
This is a top buy for Chelsea though. Pulisic is a top class talent, and at 20, he's just starting. I agree that the money spent is crazy.
I concur.

Also indicates Dembele might not be keen on Chelsea or Barca are not willing to sell.

Either way, Arsenal's philosophy under Wenger of buying players like Pulisic, ie young and talented with scope for development, plus bringing in from youth team or Academy, butressed with top class experience should not change.

For me the worry is if Kroenke needing money to pay off the loans he borrowed to buy the club, will abandon the part of buying top class experience players.

Our defensive issues can only be sorted out by paying for top quality like Koulibaly or Diego Godan, who is a free Agent. We need one of them if we want to be contenders again. With Cech and Martinez on the way out, we need serious competition for Leno. Maybe we need to look at the LB position, but to me it is not priority. Then we need to look for attacking wide forward who is versatile enough to play as play maker in a 4-3-3 and from the wide positions. Dembele fits this perfectly. But if you get a purely wide forward you have to consider the implications for our talented youth prospects in these positions. It is all about planning the present with the immediate future.

We are stacked in other positions, and if it means letting go of Ramsey, Ozil, Mustafi, Cech, Martinez, Elneny etc. I understand. The club started the process of overhauling the playing squad three windows ago. But it has been hard getting rid of players because unlike the other clubs, we are watching our pennies.

Right now, thanks to the immense work of Wenger for the last 10 years, which I was lucky enough to experience at close quarters, we have the best crop of highly talented young players at the club for over 20 years. We just do not know how these players will turn out but they must be given the opportunity. Emery is exactly the sort of Coach for the job. I also know Arsenal's recruitment will be influenced by giving these players opportunities. How do I know? Parents of 2 of these players have told me the club has made promises in this regard to ensure they do not lose these players to big spending Chelsea.

The irony is 2 of those who have made 1st team debut this and last season, came from Chelsea, 1 rejected for being too small and 1 leaving to join Arsenal because he felt Arsenal will give then the chance in the first team and not Chelsea. It also helps if you support Arsenal like the player does.

Watching Niles and Iwobi gives me immense satisfaction as one who loves seeing youth players come through, but also actively went to watch these players from as young as 9 years old.

Arsenal do not need much work but we must make sure we have the squad to compete. Going by the crowd reactions yesterday at the Emirates, those in charge at the club would have felt it is not well with the support and if they have any sense, they will appropriately.

Apart from the fact that it is the lowest attendance I have experienced for a game at this time of the year at Arsenal in all my years of going, those present, were not happy and they made their feeling clear. It will only get worse and toxic amongst the fan base if the club do not act.

Supporters who were blind and thought Wenger going will clear up the problems at the club are now realising Wenger was actually not the problem. They now know where the problem lies and I like the fact that the signs are they will act, and act with ferocity.

I have said many friends of mine in that stadium wanted Wenger out of the way because they just could not bring themselves to attack the man. Wenger was complicit because he gave the Owner and Board cover by taking all the stucks and stones. You should have heard some of the songs these cats are already singing about Kroenke. They are relishing Wenger being out of the way and the facts that fans are coming together against the Owner. I won't lie, I am glad fans are uniting again, we need it to make the Owner and Board do what is right by the club.
....this is what you call PROGRESS.........the focus is now squarely on the shoulders of the faux billionaire scumbag...I have been waiting for these events to manifest....
...AFC will be punching above their wait if they achieve top 4 and the Europa...
.....kroneke is stuck between a rock and a hard place......we achieve top 4, then the funds for UCL will be nominal......there is no escaping that fact, an abysmal outing will pile on even more pressure.......just a little more time :thumb:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Klopp stupidity decided this game, benching Fabinho and Keita in favor of Henderson and Milner..utterly foolish.

That absurd decision handed Man City all the momentum, momentum the champs carried to a victory in the Etihad.

TG no stupidity in his line up biko,dont give the man bad name just because the result did not go his way.If Liverpool win I doubt you will be waxing this talk of stupidity?Keita has been poor,yes you can complain about Fabinho but that is far from why they loss the game.Kompany should have seen early shower.Mane and Salah were not at their best miss half chances.
City wanted it more nothing about that decision handed city all momentum.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I know you are still hurt about Ozil not playing much but don't give a dog a bad name.
If you were Emery how will you approach the game?Please tell me,thanks so I will forward to my guy at Arsenal TV and Emery will see it and learn from Azuka the great
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal and Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 28, has signed a pre-contract agreement with Juventus and could join the Italian club this month. (Sport Mediaset via Calciomercato)
So how much will Juve pay us if he wants to leave this morning?Can he start for Juve?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

TG no stupidity in his line up biko,dont give the man bad name just because the result did not go his way.If Liverpool win I doubt you will be waxing this talk of stupidity?Keita has been poor,yes you can complain about Fabinho but that is far from why they loss the game.Kompany should have seen early shower.Mane and Salah were not at their best miss half chances.
stop this Kompany red talk, as if a goal was disallowed, and as if it was part of Liverpool's game plan to play against 10 men. It happens in matches...players get yellow for potentially red card offenses. Sometimes, refs pity players already on yellow when they commit second yellow card offenses. The team Manure just defeated had a player not sent off despite deserving it.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

theYemster wrote:

Two of the goals were very dodgy penalty calls that most refs wouldn't give, one (maybe two) was a fortuitous bounce from a ricochet off a clearance attempt.

FYI Klopp struggled his first season, last season their defence did them in so he upgraded, and now here they are. This is the same Klopp you and Traniks were rubbishing when I was comparing him to Wenger, suddenly now you're waxing lyrical in the game against us. Keep in mind City's tactics playing at home in a must win game will obviously and understandably be vastly different from Arsenal's tactics playing on the road in a game where they just needed to avoid defeat. Hardly basis for comparison.

Bottom-line Liverpool was clearly the better side on the day and so far throughout the season and with good reason, least of all having to do with Emery or his tactics.
I guess you confusing me with someone else.
And by the way, when he wins with Liverpool let's talk. That said, Klopp is a coach i have always admired tactically. But was he right coach for Arsenal? I don't think so simply for the reason we don't have the kind of money to spend he will need. It's that simple. Even in his first season all the other 5 top teams felt his presence. He didn't shoed the players he met on ground into his tactical play. Rather he modified his tactics to suit what players are available for him then. And that's what Emery is still doing.
Don't the honeymoon is still on. Soon you all will see my point of view. And as always when it comes to Arsenal and Super Eagles i always hope i am wrong, because at the end of the day, right or wrong we all want the same thing for the teams.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

stop this Kompany red talk, as if a goal was disallowed, and as if it was part of Liverpool's game plan to play against 10 men. It happens in matches...players get yellow for potentially red card offenses. Sometimes, refs pity players already on yellow when they commit second yellow card offenses. The team Manure just defeated had a player not sent off despite deserving it.
Chief that was a bad call,he could have end Salah season,stop acting like you are backing TG for calling Klopp balloon head and his decision stupid.Liverpool was playing champs and bad calls affect the game.TG would not be saying same if Liverpool win or draw,City was lucky to edge it as most calls go their way and the game was not decided by Klopp playing Milner or Henderson.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Are you not the Toronto gooner?Just asking as I always thought you are him,,,
But dam we have really let players go for free,
Last edited by kajifu on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.