The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
azuka wrote:So @TG and @Waffi,

What decided today's match since both teams are equally matched in my opinion quality wise? Quality or Tactics? See my point on Tactics?
Klopp stupidity decided this game, benching Fabinho and Keita in favor of Henderson and Milner..utterly foolish.

That absurd decision handed Man City all the momentum, momentum the champs carried to a victory in the Etihad.

I admire Klopp but sometimes he truly is a balloon head.
TG no stupidity in his line up biko,dont give the man bad name just because the result did not go his way.If Liverpool win I doubt you will be waxing this talk of stupidity?Keita has been poor,yes you can complain about Fabinho but that is far from why they loss the game.Kompany should have seen early shower.Mane and Salah were not at their best miss half chances.
City wanted it more nothing about that decision handed city all momentum.
stop this Kompany red talk, as if a goal was disallowed, and as if it was part of Liverpool's game plan to play against 10 men. It happens in matches...players get yellow for potentially red card offenses. Sometimes, refs pity players already on yellow when they commit second yellow card offenses. The team Manure just defeated had a player not sent off despite deserving it.
Chief that was a bad call,he could have end Salah season,stop acting like you are backing TG for calling Klopp balloon head and his decision stupid.Liverpool was playing champs and bad calls affect the game.TG would not be saying same if Liverpool win or draw,City was lucky to edge it as most calls go their way and the game was not decided by Klopp playing Milner or Henderson.
OK.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

na wa.. the thread dey become swimming pool thread.

Abeg wey the predictions for lineup as almighty Blackpool..?

Cech in goal ..I wan see Saka , Junkinson and Nketiah .. :tic:

Yes You all know my love for Junk food , so I love Junkinson... flame me all you want. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Obviously, Santi has stronger legs under him than most if not all of our far younger midfielders:

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Are you not the Toronto gooner?Just asking as I always thought you are him,,,
But dam we have really let players go for free,

That is indeed my twitter handle.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:

What decided today's match since both teams are equally matched in my opinion quality wise? Quality or Tactics? See my point on Tactics?
And in this case it's not about Klopp getting his tactics wrong or Pep getting his tactics right, it's simply a case of ON the DAY Pep getting the tactical edge. A SLIGHT EDGE that he made to count. Unlike in our match with Liverpool where Emery got it TOTALLY WRONG.
Two of the goals were very dodgy penalty calls that most refs wouldn't give, one (maybe two) was a fortuitous bounce from a ricochet off a clearance attempt.

FYI Klopp struggled his first season, last season their defence did them in so he upgraded, and now here they are. This is the same Klopp you and Traniks were rubbishing when I was comparing him to Wenger, suddenly now you're waxing lyrical in the game against us. Keep in mind City's tactics playing at home in a must win game will obviously and understandably be vastly different from Arsenal's tactics playing on the road in a game where they just needed to avoid defeat. Hardly basis for comparison.

Bottom-line Liverpool was clearly the better side on the day and so far throughout the season and with good reason, least of all having to do with Emery or his tactics.
I guess you confusing me with someone else.
And by the way, when he wins with Liverpool let's talk. That said, Klopp is a coach i have always admired tactically. But was he right coach for Arsenal? I don't think so simply for the reason we don't have the kind of money to spend he will need. It's that simple. Even in his first season all the other 5 top teams felt his presence. He didn't shoed the players he met on ground into his tactical play. Rather he modified his tactics to suit what players are available for him then. And that's what Emery is still doing.
Don't the honeymoon is still on. Soon you all will see my point of view. And as always when it comes to Arsenal and Super Eagles i always hope i am wrong, because at the end of the day, right or wrong we all want the same thing for the teams.
What kind of money is that? You mean the kind that Arsenal spent on Ozil, Alexis, Laca, Auba, Xhaka?

He competed while with Dortmund and the fact that he's now at a club that is willing to spend, keep in mind most of the money the spent they got from offloading the likes of Coutinho and Sterling for a pretty penny so it's not like they just splurged willy nilly.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@TG, one has to look at wages off the bill, revenue generated through merchandise and toxins in the changing room. Incompetence? Hardly.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:

And in this case it's not about Klopp getting his tactics wrong or Pep getting his tactics right, it's simply a case of ON the DAY Pep getting the tactical edge. A SLIGHT EDGE that he made to count. Unlike in our match with Liverpool where Emery got it TOTALLY WRONG.
Two of the goals were very dodgy penalty calls that most refs wouldn't give, one (maybe two) was a fortuitous bounce from a ricochet off a clearance attempt.

FYI Klopp struggled his first season, last season their defence did them in so he upgraded, and now here they are. This is the same Klopp you and Traniks were rubbishing when I was comparing him to Wenger, suddenly now you're waxing lyrical in the game against us. Keep in mind City's tactics playing at home in a must win game will obviously and understandably be vastly different from Arsenal's tactics playing on the road in a game where they just needed to avoid defeat. Hardly basis for comparison.

Bottom-line Liverpool was clearly the better side on the day and so far throughout the season and with good reason, least of all having to do with Emery or his tactics.
And by the way, when he wins with Liverpool let's talk. That said, Klopp is a coach i have always admired tactically. But was he right coach for Arsenal? I don't think so simply for the reason we don't have the kind of money to spend he will need. It's that simple. Even in his first season all the other 5 top teams felt his presence. He didn't shoed the players he met on ground into his tactical play. Rather he modified his tactics to suit what players are available for him then. And that's what Emery is still doing.
Don't the honeymoon is still on. Soon you all will see my point of view. And as always when it comes to Arsenal and Super Eagles i always hope i am wrong, because at the end of the day, right or wrong we all want the same thing for the teams.
What kind of money is that? You mean the kind that Arsenal spent on Ozil, Alexis, Laca, Auba, Xhaka?

He competed while with Dortmund and the fact that he's now at a club that is willing to spend, keep in mind most of the money the spent they got from offloading the likes of Coutinho and Sterling for a pretty penny so it's not like they just splurged willy nilly.
Exactly.

Just to add context....

Liverpool since Klopp arrival has sold the following...

Benteke 31,20 Mill. €

Ibe 18,00 Mill. €

Allen 15,50 Mill. €

Sakho 28,20 Mill. €

Coutinho 130,00 Mill. €

Solanke 21,20 Mill. €

Ward 14,00 Mill. €

Ings 22,20 Mill. €

Plethora of players sold in 3-8 MP range i.e Skrtel, Ilori, Smith, Alberto, Leiva, Stewart,

Overall Liverpool during Klopp era have earned roughly 325 MP from player sales.

Arsenal in contrast allowed 150 MP alone to slip through their fingers by not cashing in on Sanchez, Ramsey, Wilshere and Ozil.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:@TG, one has to look at wages off the bill, revenue generated through merchandise and toxins in the changing room. Incompetence? Hardly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

theYemster wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Add the windfall from Suarez.

when people are being stingy, under the pretext that their are getting "bargains", they end up shortchanging themselves. Arsenal has in the process forgotten about re-sale value. Liverpool spent on Suarez, Coutinho, etc, and made significant profit selling him. Even when we had the opportunity to get Suarez from Pool, we still bungled it up.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Did you read the whole listings of Swiss Ramble? I did, I suggest you do, if you have not.

BTW! Nothing said by him that I have not banged on about here for years.

This shows you what Wenger was up against. The accounts show that, in the same period Arsenal paid off £278m of the mortgage on the stadium. Yep. £278m not available for transfers. Then you realise what that man did was incredible.

These are facts, with a budget of an average of 50m per year, Wenger qualified 8 times for the CL and won 3 FA cups.

I say give any manager a transfer budget of 50m per annum, then let me see and how many times they will finish top 4. Do not forget 12 years where CL qualification was done on an even a lower budget.

Have you seen the amount of money the Glazer's have taken out of ManU? Now expect Kroenke to do the same.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Did you read the whole listings of Swiss Ramble? I did, I suggest you do, if you have not.

This shows you what Wenger was up against. The accounts show that, in the same period Arsenal paid off £278m of the mortgage on the stadium. Yep. £278m not available for transfers. Then you realise what that man did was incredible.

These are facts, with a budget of an average of 50m per year, Wenger qualified 8 times for the CL and won 3 FA cups.

I say give any manager a transfer budget of 50m per annum, then let me see and how many times they will finish top 4. Do not forget 12 years where CL qualification was done on an even a lower budget.

Have you seen the amount of money the Glazer's have taken out of ManU? Now expect Kroenke to do the same.
Based on that....we could say most of the good work at Arsenal was done pre-kroenke.
As per that link.....Kroenke is the only EPL team owner who is not bringing anything onto the table and he is not doing that with his other teams too.

How did that guy convince Arsenal shareholders to sell to him?
Were they not aware of his reputation?
Did they(shareholders) have arsenal's interests at heart when they decide to sell to him?
How do you think the Arsenal/Kroenke's marriage is going to end?

I am asking coz I cant fathom anyway forward for Arsenal as long as Kroenke is there(unless if he alters his modus operandi).
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Based on that....we could say most of the good work at Arsenal was done pre-kroenke.
As per that link.....Kroenke is the only EPL team owner who is not bringing anything onto the table and he is not doing that with his other teams too.

How did that guy convince Arsenal shareholders to sell to him?
Were they not aware of his reputation?
Did they(shareholders) have arsenal's interests at heart when they decide to sell to him?
How do you think the Arsenal/Kroenke's marriage is going to end?

I am asking coz I cant fathom anyway forward for Arsenal as long as Kroenke is there(unless if he alters his modus operandi).
Spot on.

I have been saying this on this forum for 3 years plus when I became convinced about the evidence from the from the accounts.

Kroenke does not need to convince. He just offers the money, if you like the offer, you accept. I know one or two who refused his money.

BTW! Arsenal can be successful if the low budget signings come good. If the youth cone good and if they make the right top class signing a at the right time. We have waited to sign Laca, Auba etc. If we sign top class now, we can be successful again.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Really hope Emery starts strongest side, saw last season @ Forest that a poorly balanced line up that lacks quality and cohesion can make oneself ripe for an upset.

Respect the cup, respect the opposition, start best 11 and avoid opening door to another embarrassing FA cup exit.
Detective Bunk Moreland

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

If you believe the papers, we are closing in on Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez. I presume he would be Ramsey's replacement? I honestly haven't watched Barca much this season...what is the 4-1-1 on him?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

jdizzy wrote:If you believe the papers, we are closing in on Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez. I presume he would be Ramsey's replacement? I honestly haven't watched Barca much this season...what is the 4-1-1 on him?
Surplus to requirements - barely plays - no diss to the kid. Hope we try to get Malcom on loan(while we @it) - heck we need one of those.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Detective Bunk Moreland

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
That has disaster written all over it. I am glad Socrates is there to at least control the line.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
That has disaster written all over it. I am glad Socrates is there to at least control the line.

2-0
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So so game at the half.

Iwobi is killing all his efforts with some poor final balls. I don’t know what is wrong with the wiring in his head .... I’m not the biggest fan of Joe Willock but credit to him for two poachers strikes.

Every time I see Crapsteiner I wonder if we shouldn’t have beaten out Bournemouth and signed the right back the snatched from liverpool on loan. I’ve always been a big fan .

Anyway Mr. Dependable El Neny controlling the midfield and Jenko is having a blinder as a right wing back
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
jdizzy wrote:If you believe the papers, we are closing in on Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez. I presume he would be Ramsey's replacement? I honestly haven't watched Barca much this season...what is the 4-1-1 on him?
Surplus to requirements - barely plays - no diss to the kid. Hope we try to get Malcom on loan(while we @it) - heck we need one of those.

I saw a lot of Dennis Suarez playing for Sevilla when Emery took him on loan from Barca. He showed a lot of promise then, so I will be foolish to discount him on the basis of what I saw then.

But we cannot pretend as to what this is all about, we are letting go of a player we developed since he was a teenager, who is now playing very well, in his prime. The fact remains, if we are to get a similar quality player, and I am using the reported terms of Ramsey's deal with Juve as the barometer, then we will be paying more or similar to what Juve is offering Ramsey.

So we have decided to gamble on a cheaper option in Dennis Suarez. I hope the Suarez works out, I rate the player but it is a gamble. Also, you have to question why he is not playing at Barca, he really should be playing in that Barca midfield. So it is either wevare getting a bargain or we are getting a player who is not good enough for Barca. Only time will tell.

Whatever the future holds for Suarez in our midfield, (I say this because we have been linked to this player for ages and it is a deal that is avreal possibility) for the present, it is the cheaper option as a replacement for a proven option.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Emery needs to slap Iwobi. This kids head is up his anus. His lack of focus and awareness is shocking. That should have been a goal back to Blackpool if they had any quality ... as Alex fell asleep and let his man sneak behind him for a tap in that flew over the bar fortunately .
And some goats go dey talk about Unai’s tactics. :roll:

How do you help such idiocy :roll:

MLK.