Messi is nothing but a club footballer

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Messi is nothing but a club footballer

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:for once batch pokey is right, but of course subject to change, Messi is still young but thus far his international performances have left much to be desired
queeny, i am always right.. please point out to any rants u can find indicating i am /was wrong... i live , sleep , eat dump football..(soccer to u) i am always on point.. u should research the name bigpokey . show me some respect
I know who big pokey is, a rap legend, however batch pokey is a xenophobic internet troll; I can think of one off top, you swore up and down that Prince Boateng would not be back at AC Milan, fail
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:for once batch pokey is right, but of course subject to change, Messi is still young but thus far his international performances have left much to be desired
queeny, i am always right.. please point out to any rants u can find indicating i am /was wrong... i live , sleep , eat dump football..(soccer to u) i am always on point.. u should research the name bigpokey . show me some respect
I know who big pokey is, a rap legend, however batch pokey is a xenophobic internet troll; I can think of one off top, you swore up and down that Prince Boateng would not be back at AC Milan, fail
why do you talk like this .. haba .. sometimes be honest , now you accuse me of such .. hmmm :boo:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Messi is a joke when it comes to country.
It is now official that without Barca Messi is average player though still a good player.
Their next game he should be bench,the boy need Xavi,Inniesta to shine.
Abeekeh

Post by Abeekeh »

kajifu wrote:Messi is a joke when it comes to country.
It is now official that without Barca Messi is average player though still a good player.
Their next game he should be bench,the boy need Xavi,Inniesta to shine.
I disagree. I think argument here is not whether messi is average, or whether he is not best player. The argument is whether messi is in same category as Zidane, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona. He is not.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so how far has Messi performed.. now they are blaming Barca :boo:Internationa football has a higher standard than club ball
SuperEagles

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

A sensible article. It shows a lot of people watch football without actually understanding how it works...
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Vincent. wrote:
A sensible article. It shows a lot of people watch football without actually understanding how it works...
I agree, but the problem is the original overhyping that occurs because of his play for Barca which brings all these comparisons with previous world beaters who did it at every level. If Messi can't do it on the international level he simply cannot be compared to the likes of Maradona or Pele. We just need to temper our overhyping so we won't be so disappointed when he actually plays like a normal human being and not the super human he is at Barca. He's the best player in the world there can't be any argument about that period, however he's not at the levels of even Ronaldo Da Lima!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I think the fundamental problem with this thread is it simply is premature - but that's how BP rolls.

Let's wait till the end of the tourney b4 making such pronouncements
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Messi can score 55 goals in europe, but he can't score a goal in world cup and copa...lol

International football is more difficult than club football because players are motivated to do well for their country. A player that is riding the pine all season could turn to something else after putting on his country's jersey, greece did it in 2004, bunch of bench warmers defeated everybody in europe based on determination and country pride.

Messi is good, but I'll even rate Henry higher than him right now, dude show no passion or effort when playing for argentina, dude is spanish @ heart.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

there is nothing more to add, Messi is rubbish at the international level.. nothing more nthing less
SuperEagles

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

maceo4 wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
I agree, but the problem is the original overhyping that occurs because of his play for Barca which brings all these comparisons with previous world beaters who did it at every level. If Messi can't do it on the international level he simply cannot be compared to the likes of Maradona or Pele. We just need to temper our overhyping so we won't be so disappointed when he actually plays like a normal human being and not the super human he is at Barca. He's the best player in the world there can't be any argument about that period, however he's not at the levels of even Ronaldo Da Lima!
The problem with your argument is that the balance of power between international and club football has changed since the days of Maradona. In Maradona's days, the toughest players were assembled at international level so proving yourself against them was the utimate. Nowadays, the toughest arrays of players are found in the CL, especially in the latter stages, and Messi has proven year after year that he can shine at the highest level. Are the individual talents in Real Madrid or Man United teams that Messi faced at club level lower than the individual talents in the national teams of Bolivia and Colombia?

Whether or not he is better than Maradona is another matter, and very few knowledgeable experts have said he is better than Maradona because it is difficult to make such comparisons between different eras.

Another area whhere this argument against Messi falls down is the performances of his contemporaries: why is Dani Alves not performing as well for Brazil as he performs for Barca? Why is Tevez running around like a headless chicken compared with the Tevez of Man City? etc. Are these players not as good as their club forms suggested or is it because the structures within their national teams are not optimized to get the best out of their talents?

Regarding Messi vs Ronaldo Da Lima. What has Ronaldo done that Messi has not done, even though they play different positions. Ronaldo won the World Cup with Brazil, he did not win it single-handedly because he had a good, strong team behind him (that same Brazil team that won the 2002 World Cup almost faiuled to qualify until Scolari was appointed and everything changed). Every good player needs a good supporting cast and structure to shine. On the other side of the argument, you can say that Messi has won 3 Champions League titles but Ronaldo never reached that level. Does this take away from Ronaldo's talent or was he just unlucky with his club teams and team mates?
Last edited by Vincent. on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

talk about pure rubbish talk about CL level higher than International level.. please compare the players at the worldcup final for both teams (Spain and Holland) to Barca and ManU.. dude get real..International football has no rivals/competition....
SuperEagles

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Bigpokey24 wrote:talk about pure rubbish talk about CL level higher than International level.. please compare the players at the worldcup final for both teams (Spain and Holland) to Barca and ManU.. dude get real..International football has no rivals/competition....
Why don't you do the player-by-player comparison yourself before responding. Take Argentina's Milito for example: even Mascherano and Busquets were chosen ahead of him at center back for Barca, but there he is starting for Argentina. Cambiasso and Mascherano play the Xavi-Iniesta role for Argentina, etc...

Don't get me wrong, the World Cup is still the greatest and most prestigious soccer event on the planet because it is nations playing against nations, but the top European club teams have better players man-for-man. Take Spain for example, it is nothing but Barcelona minus Messi, Dani Alves, and Abidal and you cannot argue that Barca is not considerably weaker without Messi and Dani Alves...

Your argument that seens to suggest that Messi (along with Tevez and Dani Alves) is not setting the Copa Amrica on fire because he faces tougher opposition than he faces in Europe is absolute nonsense.

mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Messi is no Maradona in any way or form, take Messi out of that Barca team and take him to Napoli and he'll be rubbish, it's the spanish superior midfield is what is carrying him. It really pissed me off that he was given WFY award in 2010, Iniesta clearly deserved that award ahead of Messi.

I hope barca midfield will be respected this year and give the award to Xavi, these guys have won euro cup and WC back-to-back and still got no resepect.
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Vincent. wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:talk about pure rubbish talk about CL level higher than International level.. please compare the players at the worldcup final for both teams (Spain and Holland) to Barca and ManU.. dude get real..International football has no rivals/competition....
Why don't you do the player-by-player comparison yourself before responding. Take Argentina's Milito for example: even Mascherano and Busquets were chosen ahead of him at center back for Barca, but there he is starting for Argentina. Cambiasso and Mascherano play the Xavi-Iniesta role for Argentina, etc...

Don't get me wrong, the World Cup is still the greatest and most prestigious soccer event on the planet because it is nations playing against nations, but the top European club teams have better players man-for-man. Take Spain for example, it is nothing but Barcelona minus Messi, Dani Alves, and Abidal and you cannot argue that Barca is not considerably weaker without Messi and Dani Alves...

Your argument that seens to suggest that Messi (along with Tevez and Dani Alves) is not setting the Copa Amrica on fire because he faces tougher opposition than he faces in Europe is absolute nonsense.
You can't really look at it player for player club comparison because do the same thing for the opposition Messi has been coming against in this Copa and they are worse players (club-wise) than the Milito that you are talking about yet Messi hasn't been eating them up like he does better players in La Liga & Europe...
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

mastermind wrote:Messi is no Maradona in any way or form, take Messi out of that Barca team and take him to Napoli and he'll be rubbish, it's the spanish superior midfield is what is carrying him. It really pissed me off that he was given WFY award in 2010, Iniesta clearly deserved that award ahead of Messi.

I hope barca midfield will be respected this year and give the award to Xavi, these guys have won euro cup and WC back-to-back and still got no resepect.
Was Maradona dominating Copa America at 24???

Messi is a young man and has enough time before his career comes to an end to dominate Intl tournaments.
To God be the glory
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Skylolo wrote:
mastermind wrote:Messi is no Maradona in any way or form, take Messi out of that Barca team and take him to Napoli and he'll be rubbish, it's the spanish superior midfield is what is carrying him. It really pissed me off that he was given WFY award in 2010, Iniesta clearly deserved that award ahead of Messi.

Was Maradona dominating Copa America at 24???

Messi is a young man and has enough time before his career comes to an end to dominate Intl tournaments.
Keep deceiving yourself, Messi is in his prime now, WC is going to be played in Brazil and I don't think he's going to dominate that either. If he can't dominate next WC then he's a total flop @ international level.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Messi should have played for Spain instead of Argentina. The guy is creating chances after chances for his Argentine team mates, for4 them waste them.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Abeekeh

Post by Abeekeh »

ohenhen1 wrote:Messi should have played for Spain instead of Argentina. The guy is creating chances after chances for his Argentine team mates, for4 them waste them.

if you had chance to play for Spain and Nigeria ask you to play for them. Who will you play for?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Abeekeh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Messi should have played for Spain instead of Argentina. The guy is creating chances after chances for his Argentine team mates, for4 them waste them.

if you had chance to play for Spain and Nigeria ask you to play for them. Who will you play for?

Nigeria no contest.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Abeekeh

Post by Abeekeh »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Abeekeh wrote:

Nigeria no contest.
You dont think Messi feels same way about his own country as you do your own?
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

The Messi critics have gone into hiding after he served up a masterclass yesterday... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the time I went to bed just after the second goal the guy had created nothing less than 6 clear chances for Higuain and Aguero :D :D . Shame Messi has to create for them had it been he was the one on the end of things Costa Rica would have chopped nothing less than 5 goals.

Argentina is not really a good side there are too many average players going forward in the team. They don't have good balance on the left with Zanetti a right footer at LB, Zabaleta is average at best @ RB, Mascherano and Gago are blue collar workers who wont offer much going forward in midfield while Higuain is overrated & wasteful. That leaves Messi to carry the creative burden for the team..and even when he creates jokers like Higuain will waste 8 out of 10 chances!
To God be the glory
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wow beating a Costa Rican u23 from CONCACAF hmmmm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ok this makes messi better than Ronaldo,Zidane, Maradona and Pele
SuperEagles