Messi is nothing but a club footballer

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Messi is nothing but a club footballer

Post by Bigpokey24 »

8 games and counting messi still can't buy a goal ...including a costarican u23 team..wake me up when he shakes the net..this aint no La liga
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

Skylolo wrote:The Messi critics have gone into hiding after he served up a masterclass yesterday... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the time I went to bed just after the second goal the guy had created nothing less than 6 clear chances for Higuain and Aguero :D :D . Shame Messi has to create for them had it been he was the one on the end of things Costa Rica would have chopped nothing less than 5 goals.

Argentina is not really a good side there are too many average players going forward in the team. They don't have good balance on the left with Zanetti a right footer at LB, Zabaleta is average at best @ RB, Mascherano and Gago are blue collar workers who wont offer much going forward in midfield while Higuain is overrated & wasteful. That leaves Messi to carry the creative burden for the team..and even when he creates jokers like Higuain will waste 8 out of 10 chances!

You ca only imagine how happy I was & still am. I went to bed in tears last night.
Last edited by Maradona on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:8 games and counting messi still can't buy a goal ...including a costarican u23 team..wake me up when he shakes the net..this aint no La liga
Abeg go sit down somewhere my friend, if it wasn't for messi that game would have been boring. Messi set up every goals in that game including the 3 point blank misses by hiquian and lavezzi. The messi that played yesterday was like xavi and iniesta rolled into one. I guess u didn't see how all his team mates dey give him kudos after the game? I am beginning to doubt your football senses now :sneaky: :sneaky:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wale1974 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:8 games and counting messi still can't buy a goal ...including a costarican u23 team..wake me up when he shakes the net..this aint no La liga
Abeg go sit down somewhere my friend, if it wasn't for messi that game would have been boring. Messi set up every goals in that game including the 3 point blank misses by hiquian and lavezzi. The messi that played yesterday was like xavi and iniesta rolled into one. I guess u didn't see how all his team mates dey give him kudos after the game? I am beginning to doubt your football senses now :sneaky: :sneaky:
good for u... yep vs u23
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Goal or no goal, Messi was clearly the engine room last night. Without him, Argentina would have been completely lost. Talking of goals? he certainly would have had atleast a brace if he was at the receiving end of his set-ups instead of Higuain who fluffed numerous opportunities.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Skylolo wrote:The Messi critics have gone into hiding after he served up a masterclass yesterday... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the time I went to bed just after the second goal the guy had created nothing less than 6 clear chances for Higuain and Aguero :D :D . Shame Messi has to create for them had it been he was the one on the end of things Costa Rica would have chopped nothing less than 5 goals.

Argentina is not really a good side there are too many average players going forward in the team. They don't have good balance on the left with Zanetti a right footer at LB, Zabaleta is average at best @ RB, Mascherano and Gago are blue collar workers who wont offer much going forward in midfield while Higuain is overrated & wasteful. That leaves Messi to carry the creative burden for the team..and even when he creates jokers like Higuain will waste 8 out of 10 chances!
oboy i stayed up till 4:45am, messi was on another level. Did u see the look on his face, the boy done vex o.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Enugu II wrote:Goal or no goal, Messi was clearly the engine room last night. Without him, Argentina would have been completely lost. Talking of goals? he certainly would have had atleast a brace if he was at the receiving end of his set-ups instead of Higuain who fluffed numerous opportunities.
Thank U, abeg u know football.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Now Messi is being mocked for defeating Costa Rica. Imagine the ridicule he would've received had Argentina failed to defeat Costa Rica. It's a lose-lose situation for the guy. I'm beginning to think even if Argentina win this tournament people will criticize Messi for not performing up to par at last year's WC :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...i guess the criticism in the dressing room woke him up. What a lesson, next time ur star fails smack him, SE players take note :thumbs:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mcal wrote:...i guess the criticism in the dressing room woke him up. What a lesson, next time ur star fails smack him, SE players take note :thumbs:
KPOM
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I've got to say, for the supposed best player that's ever played the game, creating missed chances (especially against weak opposition) simply isn't good enough.

I am a bit perplexed by the enigma that's Messi. I know that Argentina is no Barcelona but I still expect him to be able to lead this team to an emphatic Copa Da America victory.

I really don't know what the issue is but the Copa da America this year has been quite poor....if Messi/Argentina cannot win it I'll be shocked. Frankly they should be brushing aside the likes of Colombia, Bolivia and Costa Rica with consummate ease.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote:I've got to say, for the supposed best player that's ever played the game, creating missed chances (especially against weak opposition) simply isn't good enough.

I am a bit perplexed by the enigma that's Messi. I know that Argentina is no Barcelona but I still expect him to be able to lead this team to an emphatic Copa Da America victory.

I really don't know what the issue is but the Copa da America this year has been quite poor....if Messi/Argentina cannot win it I'll be shocked. Frankly they should be brushing aside the likes of Colombia, Bolivia and Costa Rica with consummate ease.
nothing more to add..KPOM
SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I have said over and over that BP is probably the most stupid guy to ever grace the pages of CE. One would think that he would at least have the basic sense to wait till the tourney end to write off Messi. But he has once again set himself up for egg all over his face

Once again, a note of caution to more sensible folks: Messi is too talented to write off as a failure at NT level. He is the best player in the world by a mile. He is also very young. Maradona was an abject failure at the 82 WC and only made an indelible mark at NT level at the 86 WC.

I have a feeling Argentina will win the Copa btw
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

YUJAM wrote:I have said over and over that BP is probably the most stupid guy to ever grace the pages of CE. One would think that he would at least have the basic sense to wait till the tourney end to write off Messi.

Once again, a note of caution to more sensible folks: Messi is too talented to write off as a failure at NT level. He is also very young. Maradona was an abject failure at the 82 WC and only made an indelible mark at NT level at the 86 WC.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

airwolex wrote:I've got to say, for the supposed best player that's ever played the game, creating missed chances (especially against weak opposition) simply isn't good enough.

My guy football don pass that level
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

[quote="YUJAM"]I have said over and over that BP is probably the most stupid guy to ever grace the pages of CE. One would think that he would at least have the basic sense to wait till the tourney end to write off Messi. But he has once again set himself up for egg all over his face

Once again, a note of caution to more sensible folks: Messi is too talented to write off as a failure at NT level. He is the best player in the world by a mile. He is also very young. Maradona was an abject failure at the 82 WC and only made an indelible mark at NT level at the 86 WC.

[/quote

weird but i have that same feeling too, it reminds me of that 94 Italian team(Start slow and then peak towards the end)
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

U dey kpom total rubbish, what makes waterwolex a football analyst :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wale1974 wrote:

My guy football don pass that level
I know but they have by far the best team with the best player playing infront of a partisan home crowd in the poorest Copa da America that I can remember. I expect way more but as Yujam said, they can still win this. Frankly if they played to only 80% of their potential they should win.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

YUJAM wrote:I have said over and over that BP is probably the most stupid guy to ever grace the pages of CE. One would think that he would at least have the basic sense to wait till the tourney end to write off Messi. But he has once again set himself up for egg all over his face

You do realise that you have insulted a forumer in your post.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wale1974 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

U dey kpom total rubbish, what makes waterwolex a football analyst :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Mr Money in bank or is it foot in mouth, I have forgotten more about soccer than you know. :taunt:
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Bigpokey24 wrote:wow beating a Costa Rican u23 from CONCACAF hmmmm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ok this makes messi better than Ronaldo,Zidane, Maradona and Pele
You are now shifting the goal post: until yesterday, you said he could not do it at international level. Now that he serves up a masterclass, you say it is only Costa Rica... As I said before, it is all down to the structure and problems within the Argentina national team. When the teams does things right, all the stars -- including Messi, Higuain, Aguero, etc -- will play to their usual club level... That is the way football works and you need to look and learn :D
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

maceo4 wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:talk about pure rubbish talk about CL level higher than International level.. please compare the players at the worldcup final for both teams (Spain and Holland) to Barca and ManU.. dude get real..International football has no rivals/competition....
Why don't you do the player-by-player comparison yourself before responding. Take Argentina's Milito for example: even Mascherano and Busquets were chosen ahead of him at center back for Barca, but there he is starting for Argentina. Cambiasso and Mascherano play the Xavi-Iniesta role for Argentina, etc...

Don't get me wrong, the World Cup is still the greatest and most prestigious soccer event on the planet because it is nations playing against nations, but the top European club teams have better players man-for-man. Take Spain for example, it is nothing but Barcelona minus Messi, Dani Alves, and Abidal and you cannot argue that Barca is not considerably weaker without Messi and Dani Alves...

Your argument that seens to suggest that Messi (along with Tevez and Dani Alves) is not setting the Copa Amrica on fire because he faces tougher opposition than he faces in Europe is absolute nonsense.
You can't really look at it player for player club comparison because do the same thing for the opposition Messi has been coming against in this Copa and they are worse players (club-wise) than the Milito that you are talking about yet Messi hasn't been eating them up like he does better players in La Liga & Europe...
Well, you told me to compare the individual players, I did, and now you say I should not... Which is which? My basic argument is that the problems of Messi (and Teves, Dani Alves, etc) is not that they are facing tougher opposition at Copa America than they have ever faced at club level. The problem is the structures within the Argentine and Brazilian national teams that fail to get the maximum out of these players' talents. A team is made up of 11 players operating within a framework set by the coach, and you cannot just focus on one player while ignoring the team structure and the coach...
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Messi vs Costa Rica

[/video]