Aloysius Paulus van Gaal

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Aloysius Paulus van Gaal

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote::clap: :clap:

Your philosophy is working.

next year we want top 2

in 2017, we want the league
In your dreams :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is fired!! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
na you faya am?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

YemiBrazil wrote:

next year we want top 2

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

next year we want top 2

na you faya am?
Dey dia! We don dey drink celebrate am hia :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

next year we want top 2

always support the gaffer

ALWAYS.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:

next year we want top 2

ALWAYS.
will never support any gaffer that parks the bus playing at old trafford, even when the likes of newcastle in 1996 were firing on all cylinders, when their defence was a bit suspect, keegan attacked until united closed the 12 point gap, yes he resigned but i will always give him respect for sticking to his beliefs
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

next year we want top 2

ALWAYS.
will never support any gaffer that parks the bus playing at old trafford, even when the likes of newcastle in 1996 were firing on all cylinders, when their defence was a bit suspect, keegan attacked until united closed the 12 point gap, yes he resigned but i will always give him respect for sticking to his beliefs
did you support LVG's philosophy when he was winning possession stats and we were playing players out of position and had fans screaming "attack attack attack" and we scored the lowest number of goals since SAF retired....

or your vitriol is just for Jose

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

next year we want top 2

ALWAYS.
did you support LVG's philosophy when he was winning possession stats and we were playing players out of position and had fans screaming "attack attack attack" and we scored the lowest number of goals since SAF retired....

Yeah, many United fans can be funny, they used to rubbish LVG for dominating posesssion easily in almost all the games, and cried for the effective football that Mourinho does. Soon as he got to Old Trafford they started moaning about lack of possession again :biggrin:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

next year we want top 2

ALWAYS.

Yeah, many United fans can be funny, they used to rubbish LVG for dominating posesssion easily in almost all the games, and cried for the effective football that Mourinho does. Soon as he got to Old Trafford they started moaning about lack of possession again :biggrin:
LVG beat the big teams and drew 0-0 against the minnows
Southampton used to be our bogey team during his tenure. They spanked us at OT a few times IIRC

Under LVG we rarely scored.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:

next year we want top 2

ALWAYS.
Thicko, always support the TEAM! Gaffers come and go!

ALWAYS! :mrgreen:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote:

next year we want top 2

ALWAYS.

indeed, let's celebrate the manager being fired....smh
YemiBrazil wrote:

next year we want top 2

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote:

next year we want top 2

ALWAYS.

indeed, let's celebrate the manager being fired....smh
YemiBrazil wrote:

next year we want top 2

I will always celebrate the sack of any employed manager that turns the team into a laughing stock - I will do that 24/7 all year round. Support the TEAM - managers come and go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote: I will always celebrate the sack of any employed manager that turns the team into a laughing stock - I will do that 24/7 all year round. Support the TEAM - managers come and go! :lol: :lol: :lol:
you're celebrating winning the FA Cup...and the firing of LVG

you're a true fan

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote: I will always celebrate the sack of any employed manager that turns the team into a laughing stock - I will do that 24/7 all year round. Support the TEAM - managers come and go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

you're a true fan
Win-win situation for the TEAM! True fans made happy! Simple arithmetic :lol:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote:

you're a true fan
Win-win situation for the TEAM! True fans made happy! Simple arithmetic :lol:
true fans stick with the team...club..players..manager.

ALWAYS. in good and bad times

Glory Hunting Brassiere

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

we the true fans were made to suffer last week at Anfield, any real united fan will never accept that nonsence Mourinho put out there, at the end of the game, the look on Woodward face said it all, Glazer family were livid their top investment sat on the bench for 90 minutes

Now Mourinho is blaming everyone else for getting him the sack, now its Rio and Paul scholes fault

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/21/jose-mou ... d-8274642/

Mourinho never imagined the club will get the balls to pay him off

any team but Liverpool, he does not understand united history, its not losing, its the manner of losing, Liverpool did not even step into gear 2!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

farewell LVG

i will always remember the Rashford debut at their stadium. Spanked them well well

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:lol: Jobless midget

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Congrats on a great career LVG. Thanks also for introducing Rashford and J Lingz to first team football. All the best.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In retrospect, was he prematurely fired? He was sacked the day after he won the FA Cup (the first trophy Man Utd won in the post Ferguson era), had qualified the team for the Champions League in his first season and finished 5th (on goal difference behind Man City in his second season). Even then, the 5th place finish occurred after a horrendous run of injuries that left 17 first team players injured simultaneously (and forced him to play the likes of Donald Love, Joe Riley, Paddy McNair, and Tyler Blackett in defence - remember them?).

As boring as his football was, at least:

1) The team had a long term plan (3 years of LVG who would mentor his successor Giggs, and hand over to him at the end of season 3).

2) His (albeit dull) brand of football was possession based and defended by endlessly keeping the ball and boring the opposition into submission.

3) He fast tracked and was not afraid to put young players in the first team (Rashford, Fosu-Mensah, Varela, Donald Love, Joe Riley, Paddy McNair, James Wilson, and Tyler Blackett).

4) The team had one of the best defensive records in the EPL.

Discuss?...
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

United have made mistakes, for all LVG faults, we kept the ball really well, we had a decent record over the big teams and yes he introduced the youngsters, we even had a good defensive record funny enough, amongst all the coaches we got rid of, he must have felt hard done by, Moyes was out of his depth, Mourinho enjoyed the greater goodwill of the fans but destroyed it with his man management style, OGS, well does not have the credibility at this level, he should be managing mid-table clubs, the players have started to question his tactics and formation, there is even talk they have stopped listening to his bizarre tactics, have they stopped playing for him? are the players really that bad? Woodward only acts when united finances are threatened and he surely will after the international break!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

next year we want top 2

ALWAYS.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: God has a sense of humor.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

wiseone wrote:In retrospect, was he prematurely fired? He was sacked the day after he won the FA Cup (the first trophy Man Utd won in the post Ferguson era), had qualified the team for the Champions League in his first season and finished 5th (on goal difference behind Man City in his second season). Even then, the 5th place finish occurred after a horrendous run of injuries that left 17 first team players injured simultaneously (and forced him to play the likes of Donald Love, Joe Riley, Paddy McNair, and Tyler Blackett in defence - remember them?).

As boring as his football was, at least:

1) The team had a long term plan (3 years of LVG who would mentor his successor Giggs, and hand over to him at the end of season 3).

2) His (albeit dull) brand of football was possession based and defended by endlessly keeping the ball and boring the opposition into submission.

3) He fast tracked and was not afraid to put young players in the first team (Rashford, Fosu-Mensah, Varela, Donald Love, Joe Riley, Paddy McNair, James Wilson, and Tyler Blackett).

4) The team had one of the best defensive records in the EPL.

Discuss?...
KPOM!
LVG was hired with a long term goal in mind. He already had a stellar track record of building dynasties, trusting youngsters, e.t.c.

He was the right man for the club at the time.
The main problem was the people running the team (financiers/bankers) were impatient.
The injuries didn't help. They forced LVG to play the boring footie. It was the pragmatic way to go under the circumstances.

They club went for Jose Mourinho, LVG's mentee.
When Mourinho needed advice throughout his career, whom did he call? Aloysius Paulus van Gaal!
Imagine that!

JM stabbed LVG in the back and to make matters worse, ManU added another dagger, then twisted it, when they went back on their agreement with LVG.
Pure wickedness all around.

The problem is in the boardroom, the one constant in all of this wahala.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In restrospect was he judged harshly? He finished 5th despite having the worst run of injuries in Premier League history, and having to play the youth team in EPL, Champions League, and Europa League games. Had LVG not become manager, Rashford and Tuanzebe would probably not be in the youth team and might be on loan somewhere at a Championship team.