Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 331, 332, 333, 334, 335
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:46 am 

@Marco Polo, there’s nothing wrong with Ole’s reactive, hyper defensive football. It works, or atleast has done on occasions. United’s underbelly is exposed in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 or whatever else. In truth, they look to have a semblance of strategy and system to their play operating in a 5-3-2. With Bruno Fernandes, they have effort, energy, enigma (funny that, didn’t that supposedly procure all of this with a stripe of peroxide a few summers back?).

As a basis, ‘tis not the worst and could prove the backbone to a rebuild. Jude Bellingham will add some youthful exuberance (albeit in drips and drabs). Fred has been decent, McTominay too, but certainly a solid bidirectional centre-mid would make sense. If Ole Gunnasuofia sticks with the 5-3-2, then it would be worth considering investment at right wingback and playing AWB as a right-sides CB. Defensively imperious, his flaws are going forward, where he doesn’t contribute anywhere near enough. If United can get UCL football, a decent bid for Perreira at Leicester would be sensible.

United don’t have the players to press ala Liverpool or possess ala City. Ole is as Ole does, at best, United can be Cardiff on steroids. 400lbs on the flat bench, one rep. Raw.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:11 am 

marko wrote:
Kunle wrote:
marko wrote:
I am not always correct, i do not rate OGS as a coach, with the players united have, we are playing at 70% capacity, we are playing freestyle football, if you play 5 men in defence, you will make things hard for any opponent, we played 3-5-2, when city got the ball, we almost changed to 5 man defensive wall, sorry you do not need to be a genius to play this formation, and yes we have some individual talent that can hurt opposition, there is a reason why we are 37 points away from Liverpool, as a united fan, we have to strive to be the best unless you settle for mediocrity, we are still 12 points away from City, yes we can claim bragging rights by beating city home/ away but if we do not qualify for champions league, we are doomed! That is where OGS should be judged, qualifying for champions league with the players, investment should be a bare requirement, if he dont get that, he has failed and should leave the club!

You want United to be aggressive in attack yet you canvas for a defensive formation, I'm confused.
You can have 6 or 7 men in defence, if your midfield is weak a good team will always rip through your formation. We all know how this mindset has failed Morinho at Spurs and elsewhere. The midfield is the engine room of a team, a strong midfield makes you more potent in attack and enables you to easily frustrate the attacking intents of your opponent. So there's nothing wrong with OGS 3-5-2 style.

Whether we agree or not, United is in a rebuild, definitely not in the same phase of development as Liverpool and so, no point hammering on the gap between them. What is fair to OGS is giving him what Klopp got in his early years at Liverpool - time and support. I believe that's what striving to be the best means.

then how do you explain how Sheffield united, first time in the premiership in a long time are 2 points behind united? look at Wolves, 2 points, then we have Leicester in 3rd position, even Arsenal are 5 points behind, we lose 1 game, we can drop to 8th! Does Leicester have a better squad than united? that is why all this give it time does not work for me, he has been here for 1 year and yet i continue to see newly promoted teams give us a run for the money, with the squad we have, finishing top 4 should be a bare minimum, yes we do not have the team to fight for the league title, we are 2-3 player short, but top 4, sorry nobody can convince me time is needed to reach this objective especially if Chelsea rookie coach with less than 1 year experience manages to secure champions league fotball

You can have Jose Mourinho back.

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:53 am 

Cristao II wrote:
marko wrote:
Kunle wrote:
marko wrote:
I am not always correct, i do not rate OGS as a coach, with the players united have, we are playing at 70% capacity, we are playing freestyle football, if you play 5 men in defence, you will make things hard for any opponent, we played 3-5-2, when city got the ball, we almost changed to 5 man defensive wall, sorry you do not need to be a genius to play this formation, and yes we have some individual talent that can hurt opposition, there is a reason why we are 37 points away from Liverpool, as a united fan, we have to strive to be the best unless you settle for mediocrity, we are still 12 points away from City, yes we can claim bragging rights by beating city home/ away but if we do not qualify for champions league, we are doomed! That is where OGS should be judged, qualifying for champions league with the players, investment should be a bare requirement, if he dont get that, he has failed and should leave the club!

You want United to be aggressive in attack yet you canvas for a defensive formation, I'm confused.
You can have 6 or 7 men in defence, if your midfield is weak a good team will always rip through your formation. We all know how this mindset has failed Morinho at Spurs and elsewhere. The midfield is the engine room of a team, a strong midfield makes you more potent in attack and enables you to easily frustrate the attacking intents of your opponent. So there's nothing wrong with OGS 3-5-2 style.

Whether we agree or not, United is in a rebuild, definitely not in the same phase of development as Liverpool and so, no point hammering on the gap between them. What is fair to OGS is giving him what Klopp got in his early years at Liverpool - time and support. I believe that's what striving to be the best means.

then how do you explain how Sheffield united, first time in the premiership in a long time are 2 points behind united? look at Wolves, 2 points, then we have Leicester in 3rd position, even Arsenal are 5 points behind, we lose 1 game, we can drop to 8th! Does Leicester have a better squad than united? that is why all this give it time does not work for me, he has been here for 1 year and yet i continue to see newly promoted teams give us a run for the money, with the squad we have, finishing top 4 should be a bare minimum, yes we do not have the team to fight for the league title, we are 2-3 player short, but top 4, sorry nobody can convince me time is needed to reach this objective especially if Chelsea rookie coach with less than 1 year experience manages to secure champions league fotball

You can have Jose Mourinho back.

Mourinho Mugabe?? sorry i do not think so! he can stay at Spurs until he gets sacked again, that man finished as far as top management is concerned, the coach that beat him yesterday was 6 years ago when Mourinho won his first champions league! let that sink in!

Marko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:18 pm 

marko wrote:

Not saying a top 4 target for united is unreasonable, don't get me wrong. What I often question is the premise upon which you write Ole off.

Of course newly promoted is not the same as newly assembled. New teams that retain much of their players and managers are far more likely to perform better than existing teams that keep changing managers and reshuffling players every week. We've seen newly promoted in Newcastle and Nottingham Forest clinching 3rd position, and Leceister won epl in their 2nd year of return. United needs continuity in Ole now, more than anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:58 pm 

Kunle wrote:
marko wrote:

Not saying a top 4 target for united is unreasonable, don't get me wrong. What I often question is the premise upon which you write Ole off.

Of course newly promoted is not the same as newly assembled. New teams that retain much of their players and managers are far more likely to perform better than existing teams that keep changing managers and reshuffling players every week. We've seen newly promoted in Newcastle and Nottingham Forest clinching 3rd position, and Leceister won epl in their 2nd year of return. United needs continuity in Ole now, more than anything else.

yes continuity is needed at this stage, what else is needed is a proven director of football, with such a person in place, they need to establish our footballing philosophy and make sure the coach adheres to this, right now, we are freestyling all over the place and this is why we are not that consistent, yes results have improved due to the addition of Fernandes / Ighalo but that is more based on individuals taking charge, well i gave OGS the benefit of doubt last year, right now the jury is out, top 4 finish should be a bare minimum with the squad we have

Marko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:57 pm 

LASK 0-1 ManU (HT)

Who's watching?
Na wa o, empty stadium is not good for this game at all. Looks and feels like a training session

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:05 pm 

And Ighalo just wasted a brilliant goal in an empty stadium

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:15 pm 

2-0 Good run by Daniel James

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 pm 

Kunle wrote:
LASK 0-1 ManU (HT)

Who's watching?
Na wa o, empty stadium is not good for this game at all. Looks and feels like a training session

ManU may win it all.

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Last edited by Cito on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:44 pm 

It's one way traffic

3-0 Mata

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:47 pm 

Cito wrote:
Kunle wrote:
LASK 0-1 ManU (HT)

Who's watching?

Who scored? :sneaky:

Kunle wrote:
And Ighalo just wasted a brilliant goal in an empty stadium

Only Negative contributions?

Kunle wrote:
2-0 Good run by Daniel James

Why didn't you praise the last scorer?
So you couldn't get yourself to praise your country man who scored, you rather criticize him and praise James when he scored. Did I get it right? :mrgreen:

I didn't mean to discredit Ighalo. All I was saying is his goal was too good for an empty stadium, you get my drift? I love his touches

Last edited by Kunle on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:51 pm 

4-0 Greenwood
5-0 Pareira

The demolition is complete. Great game for Man-U

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:24 pm 

Rest Ighalo return leg

Marko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:16 am 

In other news, Harry Maguire is a fortune teller. Before the Chelsea game a few weeks ago, he not only predicted that he would score, but actually said how he would score (from an in-swinging corner at the far post). Screenshots of this prediction:

https://www.90min.in/posts/6559463-text ... st-chelsea

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-the-to ... xt-message

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:35 am 

United are experiencing an improving form but its in the premiership i want to see more consistency, to secure top 4 will be difficult! We have to keep on winning games, as for OGS, the nury is still out, will wait till end of season and where we end up, thats if the corona virus permits the season to end

Marko

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 331, 332, 333, 334, 335