Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by mcal »

...they offloaded good defenders and brought in awful Lindelof who has been costing them matches.
Both of them are confused in the back when they start stroking that ball there instead of looking up field.
As for Fernandez, honeymoon is over. For Pogba, less said. Been in decline since Sanchez can in and usurped his position as king of the club.
Will be interesting season, and they could be embarrassed in Europe, home and away huge scores.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

mcal wrote:...they offloaded good defenders and brought in awful Lindelof who has been costing them matches.
Both of them are confused in the back when they start stroking that ball there instead of looking up field.
As for Fernandez, honeymoon is over. For Pogba, less said. Been in decline since Sanchez can in and usurped his position as king of the club.
Will be interesting season, and they could be embarrassed in Europe, home and away huge scores.
Just first game of the season,even Liverpool allow 3 goals at home to a new promoted team.
Time to adjust and buy new players but your team was lucky to finish 3rd.At best Manu is a top 6 team not 4thtalkless of finishing 3rd.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:smile:
balo wrote:76% of ball share and still lost. That would hurt if I were a Man U fan.
75% playing square passes and back passes
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:United are in that space now where if they make the right moves this summer, they could challenge for the title next season. However, if they botch it, they will be back fighting for top 4. They should not FOOOOK THIS UP!

RW
CAM
CDM
CB
LB

These are a MUST. Dont be sucked in by Matic. I know Matic very well. He is playing well because he needed a new contract. Same thing as Eric Dier at Tottenham--- and that was what Matheiu Flamini did at Arsenal and AC Milan.
A word is enough for the wise.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:United are in that space now where if they make the right moves this summer, they could challenge for the title next season. However, if they botch it, they will be back fighting for top 4. They should not FOOOOK THIS UP!

RW
CAM
CDM
CB
LB

These are a MUST. Dont be sucked in by Matic. I know Matic very well. He is playing well because he needed a new contract. Same thing as Eric Dier at Tottenham--- and that was what Matheiu Flamini did at Arsenal and AC Milan.
A word is enough for the wise.
Biko allow them to mess it up
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:...they offloaded good defenders and brought in awful Lindelof who has been costing them matches.
Just first game of the season,even Liverpool allow 3 goals at home to a new promoted team.
Time to adjust and buy new players but your team was lucky to finish 3rd.At best Manu is a top 6 team not 4thtalkless of finishing 3rd.
...not my team, I just enjoy football watching. They crawled, magically to 3rd place last time.
Btw, my team is the undisputed Rangers International of Enugu :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Amidst all this noise about one Thiago Alcantara, let's hark back to the David Moyes days, where it is understood that the United Board with Fergie at that time had sanctioned a move for Thiago, only for Moyes to pull the plug on grounds that he had not seen enough of the boy :rotf:

How far true is this my friends wiseone marko and danfo driver, furnished me with extra detail.

Saying that though, it might have been a blessing to football, Moyes would have ruined the boy.
It might be pleasure that fate allowed him to go to Bayern and eventually be the man that he is now.

But what could it have been for United ....
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:Amidst all this noise about one Thiago Alcantara, let's hark back to the David Moyes days, where it is understood that the United Board with Fergie at that time had sanctioned a move for Thiago, only for Moyes to pull the plug on grounds that he had not seen enough of the boy :rotf:

How far true is this my friends wiseone marko and danfo driver, furnished me with extra detail.

Saying that though, it might have been a blessing to football, Moyes would have ruined the boy.
It might be pleasure that fate allowed him to go to Bayern and eventually be the man that he is now.

first time i am hearing of this! saw the game, watched all of it, not really surprised about the result, when i saw the team news, despair kicked in, the fact we finished 3rd masked a lot of issues, we are now a 2nd rated team in decline, The Glazers have killed the club, they have taken over a billion in dividends since they bought the club and still paying high interest rates! whoever approved that sale should be hanged by the neck! the books have to be balanced, meaning we have to pay for players by direct debit or installment, United does not have that type of money to splash out like Chelsea did, if you look at the squad, we certainly have decent players, what we do not have is a good coaching set up! OGS is very naive and incompetent! if he picked players on merit, Lindelof and Maguire should be sitting on the bench, same applies to Mctomminay and James, as for Bruno, the Honeymoon period is over! I still prefer a half fit Pogba any day due to his unpredictability, for all our dominance, we could not create chances, Pogba plays far too deep, Rashford should be a bench player on current form, OGS does not have the balls to drop him, yes the board is incompetent but the entire coaching set up is amateurish! cant wait for Champions league football to start, the Glazers saving grace, i expect united to be out by group stage and back to Europa league where we really belong!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Apparently it was Giggs (not Moyes) that killed the move for Thiago - on the grounds that he was "not a Manchester United player" because he was not emotionally committed enough to playing for the club.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... d-18951534

benteke wrote:Amidst all this noise about one Thiago Alcantara, let's hark back to the David Moyes days, where it is understood that the United Board with Fergie at that time had sanctioned a move for Thiago, only for Moyes to pull the plug on grounds that he had not seen enough of the boy :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Evra on Instagram

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vRTjsLrbr4w[/video]
Evra: "A sporting director from a top football club called me and asked me to tell Matthew Judge to answer his phone."

Evra on United transfers: "People need to understand we [United] send lawyers to talk to players. So when we send lawyers they talk about numbers, they are not people from the football world." [IG: patrice.evra]

Patrice Evra on #mufc: “The club needs to stop being so arrogant. There are certain people at the club right now that don’t even respect Sir Alex Ferguson” [IG: Patrice.Evra]

Evra on United transfers: "At the time, Fergie, David Gill time, we didn't hear anything in the paper, but van Persie, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, everything was fast. When Manchester United need a player they go and they talk them face-to-face." [IG: patrice.evra]
Last edited by benteke on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:

first time i am hearing of this! saw the game, watched all of it, not really surprised about the result, when i saw the team news, despair kicked in, the fact we finished 3rd masked a lot of issues, we are now a 2nd rated team in decline, The Glazers have killed the club, they have taken over a billion in dividends since they bought the club and still paying high interest rates! whoever approved that sale should be hanged by the neck! the books have to be balanced, meaning we have to pay for players by direct debit or installment, United does not have that type of money to splash out like Chelsea did, if you look at the squad, we certainly have decent players, what we do not have is a good coaching set up! OGS is very naive and incompetent! if he picked players on merit, Lindelof and Maguire should be sitting on the bench, same applies to Mctomminay and James, as for Bruno, the Honeymoon period is over! I still prefer a half fit Pogba any day due to his unpredictability, for all our dominance, we could not create chances, Pogba plays far too deep, Rashford should be a bench player on current form, OGS does not have the balls to drop him, yes the board is incompetent but the entire coaching set up is amateurish! cant wait for Champions league football to start, the Glazers saving grace, i expect united to be out by group stage and back to Europa league where we really belong!
Your players are on same level as PSG players. It was Mourinho who was holding them back!

Time for the players to now go and win the EPL and CL :thumbs:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:

Your players are on same level as PSG players. It was Mourinho who was holding them back!

Yes the quality is there, at least we beat PSG but then again, everyone beats PSG so we cannot use them as a yardstick for the elite of European football! a serious footballing side will never appoint the likes of OGS, if he leaves united, i cannot see a championship side queuing up for his services, OGS is a cat with nine lives, when he is about to be sacked, he will beat either Liverpool or City, then all is good, we are not picking players on merit, what is De Gea still doing as the number 1? what is Rashford doing on the pitch? lets forget about player transfer for a minute, that is no excuse for losing to Palace, it is poor coaching decisions!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ighalo seems to have regressed post covid break, bobo not looking like he belongs, even against Luton...hoping he picks it up.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Match fitness?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Coach wrote:^Match fitness?
Could be, he hasn’t been his usual strong self on the ball and hasn’t been combining well with his teammates, even being selfish on occasions when a more aware player would have passed. Lingard has been worse though with too many bone headed plays. Overall poor performance from Manure.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The starters come in for Ighalo and co with 10 minutes left and score 2 goals...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ighalo would not score as we do not create chances for him to score! same thing happened last weekend, Strikers need goals, that is what gives them confidence, we beat Luton town as we were simply better than them, i think Maguire/ Bailly pairing is better than Lindelof, Bailly has more pace than Lindelof and is better at one-on-one situations, United actually have a few decent defenders but do not get the opportunity to play as OGS has his favoured players, he will certainly learn the hard way

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Coach wrote:^Match fitness?
Could be, he hasn’t been his usual strong self on the ball and hasn’t been combining well with his teammates, even being selfish on occasions when a more aware player would have passed. Lingard has been worse though with too many bone headed plays. Overall poor performance from Manure.
Both players haven't played in months . Blame the coach.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

marko wrote:Ighalo would not score as we do not create chances for him to score! same thing happened last weekend, Strikers need goals, that is what gives them confidence, we beat Luton town as we were simply better than them, i think Maguire/ Bailly pairing is better than Lindelof, Bailly has more pace than Lindelof and is better at one-on-one situations, United actually have a few decent defenders but do not get the opportunity to play as OGS has his favoured players, he will certainly learn the hard way
...his rash tackling causes him injuries and layoffs.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:
marko wrote:Ighalo would not score as we do not create chances for him to score! same thing happened last weekend, Strikers need goals, that is what gives them confidence, we beat Luton town as we were simply better than them, i think Maguire/ Bailly pairing is better than Lindelof, Bailly has more pace than Lindelof and is better at one-on-one situations, United actually have a few decent defenders but do not get the opportunity to play as OGS has his favoured players, he will certainly learn the hard way
...his rash tackling causes him injuries and layoffs.
prefer his rash tackles than Lindelof approach, how many times has Bailly cost us penalties? any stats? most likely 1-2 times, yes he gets injured too frequent, on his day, united best defender, that has been proven!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

When Man Utd bought Lindelof 3 years ago I said on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=255635&p=5089227&h ... s#p5089227
"What was the point of signing Lindelof? The guy is a serious work in progress. He has potential but he has many rough edges to his game. Why pay almost 40 million for a reserve player who the manager admits is not ready for the first 11? This seems a pointless signing with no purpose other than to block the promising Tuanzebe's route to the first team. Tuanzebe (a raw teenager who is 4 years younger than Lindelof) looks more composed than Lindelof even though he has only played 4 games (compared to Lindelof - an experienced player who has played in the Champions League and for his national team).

It would make more sense to keep Tuanzebe as the back of CD and develop his game, rather than sign a 40 million reserve CD who is no better than Tuanzebe, and who simply blocks the progress of a young player."

I don't want to say "I told you so",but...

Report this post

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

https://twitter.com/MUnitedFR/status/13 ... 04704?s=20

60 seconds of video that explains why Bailly should be in the team instead of the very shaky Lindelof.