Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm
Mr. Piffington wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:48 pm
Coach wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:58 pm Made in Manchester. Foden potentially spares the big galoots blushes. City still capable of throwing it away. And where the fook is Lindeloff? Bl**dy useless Nordfish, stick one Alfred on the field and they shite themselves like it’s Ashdown, 871.
LOL!!
He thought City will drop points. :lol: :lol: :lol: Reading his post truly made me happy! I could just imagine him, in his living room, crying, spit and catarrh gushing out of his nose and mouth, as he screams! Every year, same pain! :lol: :lol:
Meeeeng, you nasteh!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Thought? Hardly. Wagered? Big. Throw-ons 11/2, cheque please. United each way (win HT, win/draw FT), very decent odds. Lindeloff getting on the score sheet at 30s, thrown in for the accumulator, four figure return on a modest tipple.

Couldn’t give two Danfos about United, only the odds. Anything beyond Beloved is just atoms and opinion.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Will ETH make it to the end of the season?

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I loved what I saw last season. This season, hell no. It's not even about the results, it's the approach and the questionable decisions.

A manager that worked closely with Anthony at Ajax, then spent one year in England and was convinced that Anthony would fit into even Luton Town not to talk of Manchester United? He won't even give Amad a real chance after regaining full fitness so people won't question the Anthony misadventure. A manager that won't stand his ground to get Maguire off his back when he had the chance?

Last season showed us what was possible only to find out that it's all hinged on a fit Lisandro Martinez. That is scary!
The Plan B without Lisandro is a bootleg version of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's team.

I was a fan, but I'm done.. several weeks ago. Wrong fit and job is not done until you find the right fit :lol:
wiseone wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:11 am Will ETH make it to the end of the season?

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

@YemiBrazil - I think Manchester United should take control of transfers away from ETH. His transfer decisions are baffling.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:59 pm @YemiBrazil - I think Manchester United should take control of transfers away from ETH. His transfer decisions are baffling.
But i saw an article some weeks ago from the Athletic that tried to delve into Manchester United transfer chaos, and it seems Ten Hag ended up taking some control because there was no clear plan from the board.

Remember Ralf Rangnick was hired to be interim and have a look from inside, and the move upstairs to solve all these issues.
When i listened to him in his press conferences, he seemed to have the right idea of how things should be done.
But then United got rid of him, so i think that's where all plans fell flat.

But we now have this Sir Jim Ratcliffe making a lot of interesting noises, let's see if they decide to stick with Ten Hag.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benteke - ee my post on page 446 of this thread. I said:

"Whatever his limitations as a coach, Rangnick had an eye for spotting talented players. He recommended the following to Man Utd:

Haaland
Gvardiol
Alvarez
Laimer

Look where they are now and what they have done."

It is extraordinary that Man Utd allowed ETH to dictate transfers to such as extent that 10 of the 12 players he has signed for Manchester United are players who either played for him at Ajax or overlapped with him in the Dutch league. Can Manchester United really think they can win trophies simply by buying ETH's former players? The Wout Weghorst signing and pursuit of Marko Arnautovic were the scraping of the bottom of the Dutch barrel.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Radcliffe is rumoured to be a believer in the dark arts of Hogwarts and magic of Graham UnHarry Potter.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Us fans know how to be impatient, I am guilty of this and I was guilty about this toward ETH.
Today I will say United will be making a grave mistake if they sack ETH. This is the only manager who gave United a style of play, the same style that did not work at the beginning of the season because the execution was not there. ETH system is not a place for players older than 30.

As of Onana, he won me. He took 3 today, all defensive abortions.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:00 pm
...brain fart hit some players at the worse possible moment.
Just got a yellow earlier, he scored and removed his shirt, that means another yellow = red.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

When Diallo took off his shirt I stopped celebrating in frustration 😠 😡 at his dumbazz move of removing his shirt. Why on earth would a player who got booked a few minutes earlier, do that - KNOWING it will result in him being sent off and reduce his team effectively to 8 men (because both Fernandes and McTominay were injured and could barely move) against one of the best teams in the world?!

He came on as a sub, scored the winner, got sent off, and will now be suspended. 🤦🏽 That was quite a lot to accomplish for a player who was on the pitch for only 35 minutes.

If I was Manchester United's manager I would fine him for that.
mcal wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:30 am ...brain fart hit some players at the worse possible moment.
Just got a yellow earlier, he scored and removed his shirt, that means another yellow = red.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Horrendous game going on against Brentford. They have actually replaced their wingbacks for more forwards. They should be 5 nil up. Performance is really terrible, can't control the game in any shape or form. How long before Junior is booted out the door?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Crazy game with 2 goals in the 96th and 98th minutes. Brentford’s equaliser was deserved. It would have been daylight robbery had United won with that 96th minute goal by Mason Mount.
felarey wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:29 pm Horrendous game going on against Brentford. They have actually replaced their wingbacks for more forwards. They should be 5 nil up. Performance is really terrible, can't control the game in any shape or form. How long before Junior is booted out the door?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Lindelof and Licha Martinez are out injured for the next month. Martinez is like the second coming of Marcos Rojo (spends more time in hospital than on the pitch). He has played in only 9 of United's last 37 matches.
A player who misses 76% of his team's matches is cause for concern.

His "comeback" from (a 2 month) injury lasted 20 minutes (v Brentford) and he got a calf strain injury in training a few days later. Keep in mind that before his 2 month injury absence, he had been out injured since last season.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... jury-month
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Jonny Evans will retire at the same club where he started his career.

Branthwaite should be a priority this summer.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Big Branth has many suitors, Isaking or not.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Indeed. I think Manchester United should have gone for Gvardiol and Pau Torres last year, but alas they decided to ignore Rangnick's recommendations.

Branthwaite has a potentially long Premier League career ahead of him. Worth paying to acquire a young player with a high ceiling who is not yet in his prime, then get many years of service from him (which was Manchester United's former M.O. in the era of the Ronaldo, Rooney, De Gea, Keane, Ince, Van Nistelrooy, Solskjaer, Ferdinand etc).
Coach wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:12 pm Big Branth has many suitors, Isaking or not.