Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Pogba could make this speculation disappear by saying :

1) "Mino's comments are his own personal opinions, not mine".

2) "I am committed to Man U and intend to see out my contract".

He says neither...
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba does not need to say Jack!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:sat down to watch the Milan derby yesterday, just wanted to see Lukaku in action, complete transformation from his united days! I wanted him out of united, thought he had a poor first touch, yesterday was forced to eat humble pie! what i can now see is lack of confidence at united, our club is so toxic that our ex players are now performing, Smalling, Lukaku and even Ashley young, he might even win a Serie A title! Lukaku goal was well taken, At the same time, when we look at his goal scoring record, we cannot really fault him, Belgium all time highest scorer, banged in 20 goals this season at Inter Milan, definitely owe him an apology!! and must add that his turn of form is a serious indictment to the current mess at United, Pogba is going through the same issues, Fernandes will probably, Martial as well
I think it is the pressure at United.
The amazing success under the Ferguson years has resulted in majority of United fans being very demanding and impatient.
That creates pressure on players, even Bruno Fernandes is already under pressure, some were already complaining that he had a poor debut.

One thing i like about the current struggles is that it will humble most of the arrogant fans.
I actually enjoy most of these United games because now you never know when the next victory or defeat will come, a victory is much appreciated unlike during Fergie times when it was routine, sometimes one just checked the scores to see the winning margin :biggrin:
He had problems at United but he was still their highest goal scorer, no the United hierarchy were just bunch of muppets looking for scapegoats and the foreigners are always the culprits. I can understand if they pile in on Sanchez, for all the money he was getting, they should have concentrated their venom in his direction of they were desperate for one, not your highest goal scorer.

Lukaku at some point looked out of sort, lost fitness and piled on the weight, but he should have been treated as a treasure not treated as some part time player who collects so much and gives back little. Any player that gives a club more than. 15 goals a season should be treated with respect and has earned the right to struggle if the need arises without being subjected to the kind of ridicule Lukaku faced.

The problem here there is always that bit of hatred and envy of foreign players, if Lukaku was British he would still be at United.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:sat down to watch the Milan derby yesterday, just wanted to see Lukaku in action, complete transformation from his united days! I wanted him out of united, thought he had a poor first touch, yesterday was forced to eat humble pie! what i can now see is lack of confidence at united, our club is so toxic that our ex players are now performing, Smalling, Lukaku and even Ashley young, he might even win a Serie A title! Lukaku goal was well taken, At the same time, when we look at his goal scoring record, we cannot really fault him, Belgium all time highest scorer, banged in 20 goals this season at Inter Milan, definitely owe him an apology!! and must add that his turn of form is a serious indictment to the current mess at United, Pogba is going through the same issues, Fernandes will probably, Martial as well
I think it is the pressure at United.
The amazing success under the Ferguson years has resulted in majority of United fans being very demanding and impatient.
That creates pressure on players, even Bruno Fernandes is already under pressure, some were already complaining that he had a poor debut.

One thing i like about the current struggles is that it will humble most of the arrogant fans.
I actually enjoy most of these United games because now you never know when the next victory or defeat will come, a victory is much appreciated unlike during Fergie times when it was routine, sometimes one just checked the scores to see the winning margin :biggrin:
He had problems at United but he was still their highest goal scorer, no the United hierarchy were just bunch of muppets looking for scapegoats and the foreigners are always the culprits. I can understand if they pile in on Sanchez, for all the money he was getting, they should have concentrated their venom in his direction of they were desperate for one, not your highest goal scorer.

Lukaku at some point looked out of sort, lost fitness and piled on the weight, but he should have been treated as a treasure not treated as some part time player who collects so much and gives back little. Any player that gives a club more than. 15 goals a season should be treated with respect and has earned the right to struggle if the need arises without being subjected to the kind of ridicule Lukaku faced.

The problem here there is always that bit of hatred and envy of foreign players, if Lukaku was British he would still be at United.

I am happy for Lukaku! Even though i wanted him out, he has proven many wrong! But his stats dont lie!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Mason Greenwood's finishing is so clinical for a teenager. He looks a more natural center forward than Martial. Luke Shaw is looking the business once again. Scotty Mac returning to the squad will greatly strengthen the midfield and allow rotation.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Mason Greenwood's finishing is so clinical for a teenager. He looks a more natural center forward than Martial. Luke Shaw is looking the business once again. Scotty Mac returning to the squad will greatly strengthen the midfield and allow rotation.
Mason Greenwood might be united deadlier finisher, they need to start playing him more instead of darren james who offers united nothing!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Mason Greenwood's finishing is so clinical for a teenager. He looks a more natural center forward than Martial. Luke Shaw is looking the business once again. Scotty Mac returning to the squad will greatly strengthen the midfield and allow rotation.
Mason Greenwood might be united deadlier finisher, they need to start playing him more instead of darren james who offers united nothing!
Much as I am tempted to agree, the truth is James is one of those that make the ManU attacking philosophy to work. Those runs might look meaningless but you cannot quantify the harm it does to the opposing defence and defenders. Every team needs a willing runner. Every time James grabs the ball the opposing defenders all sit up and strangely enough he is now getting attention as often you see 2 to 3 opponents drifting towards to try to stop him. It such runs that opens up or create the space for players like Mason.

Mason is deadly yes, but his overall game is still a work in progress and that is why his playing time is limited. But he is improving and by next season I see him as a regular.

I am sorry he is not a proper number 9,more like a false 9,one who lurks around the main striker but probably even more deadly than the main striker. He uses the main striker to find his own shooting range. That role requires him to be able to do more with the ball and in fairness to him he is getting better at that.

Back to James my problem with the way he is being used is that he is either being brought in too early or being left in the game wfar too late... Both affect his productivity.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Who is "Darren James"?!

Greenwood is such a natural and instinctive finisher (reminiscent of RVP or even OGS himself). At only 18yo he still has a lot of growing to do and has time on his side. I would actually send him out on loan next season to a Championship club (like Chelsea did with Tammy). While on loan, he will play every week, learn and develop other parts of his game (hold up play, learn to cope with aggressive and physical defenders), and may score loads of goals to boost his confidence. Then he can return to the club in 2021, and be a first team regular at age 19.
marko wrote:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Who is "Darren James"?!

Greenwood is such a natural and instinctive finisher (reminiscent of RVP or even OGS himself). At only 18yo he still has a lot of growing to do and has time on his side. I would actually send him out on loan next season to a Championship club (like Chelsea did with Tammy). While on loan, he will play every week, learn and develop other parts of his game (hold up play, learn to cope with aggressive and physical defenders), and may score loads of goals to boost his confidence. Then he can return to the club in 2021, and be a first team regular at age 19.
marko wrote:

Send him om loan :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x , absolutely no way, that boy is more than ready, if we had a good system, he will would have scored at least 5-10 more goals! Our coaching is atrocious

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In other news, Di Maria hates Man U. So much so that he changes the channel any time Man U comes on TV:

https://talksport.com/football/674268/a ... s-man-utd/

Ashley Young does not care:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:In other news, Di Maria hates Man U. So much so that he changes the channel any time Man U comes on TV:

A talented player who did absolutely nothing in his time at United apart from his first 3 games, Van Gaal rightfully benched him for Young.

And by the looks of it, PSG is currently regarded as one of the most mentally weak teams of our time, despite all the talent they have assembled.
And that's the likes of Di Maria.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:In other news, Di Maria hates Man U. So much so that he changes the channel any time Man U comes on TV:

A talented player who did absolutely nothing in his time at United apart from his first 3 games, Van Gaal rightfully benched him for Young.

And by the looks of it, PSG is currently regarded as one of the most mentally weak teams of our time, despite all the talent they have assembled.
And that's the likes of Di Maria.
Weak French league! Always found wanting when they play with the big boys!

Marko
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Congrats Ighalo.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Congrats Ighalo.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Miracle Dave should feel Henderson breathing down his neck after that shocker today. Roy Keane said he would have killed De Gea for that mistake had they been team-mates: https://talksport.com/football/676766/r ... gea-error/
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...De Gea mind dey for going back to Spain. I hope all his team mates flogged him behind closed door for that error.
Btw, I am not a fan of that playing out from the back. Hoof it down field let them fight for it there.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

THANK YOU! Both goals yesterday were conceded because teams were playing passes on the edge of their own penalty area, instead of getting it forward. I do not know why so many teams persist in playing out from the back even though: (1) most teams not called Barcelona are not good at it (2) they lose possession frequently in or near their box (3) they give away so many cheap goals by getting caught in possession at the back.

Get the ball as far away from your goal as possible. Even if you play a forward pass into the opposition half and give away possession, it is less threatening for the opposition to have the ball 60 yards from your goal. Meanwhile if you give it away on the edge of your own box, the opposition can easily score with one shot.
mcal wrote:...De Gea mind dey for going back to Spain. I hope all his team mates flogged him behind closed door for that error.
Btw, I am not a fan of that playing out from the back. Hoof it down field let them fight for it there.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:THANK YOU! Both goals yesterday were conceded because teams were playing passes on the edge of their own penalty area, instead of getting it forward. I do not know why so many teams persist in playing out from the back even though: (1) most teams not called Barcelona are not good at it (2) they lose possession frequently in or near their box (3) they give away so many cheap goals by getting caught in possession at the back.

Get the ball as far away from your goal as possible. Even if you play a forward pass into the opposition half and give away possession, it is less threatening for the opposition to have the ball 60 yards from your goal. Meanwhile if you give it away on the edge of your own box, the opposition can easily score with one shot.
mcal wrote:...De Gea mind dey for going back to Spain. I hope all his team mates flogged him behind closed door for that error.
...very true, especially that.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rooney vs United, this one go be real fire
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well happy for Ighalo, all in the box, scrappy goals, whst we need

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:Well happy for Ighalo, all in the box, scrappy goals, whst we need
Manu is very lucky he turn down Barca to join you guys.If manu is smart they will sign him on a big deal keep him for 3 plus years.
Arsenal need to learn from this manu signing
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Well happy for Ighalo, all in the box, scrappy goals, whst we need
I know it's early days but i can't stop feeling excitement about Ighalo, I hope he even outscores some who have played all season.

His commitment is second to none,