Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

gulf in class! United did ok but were heavily restricted, thats why we did not get a shot on target for 90 minutes, we allowed Barcelona to run rings around us, nothing to be ashamed about, they do this to every team, its Barca DNA to play football like this, we could have pressed a bit more in the first 20 minutes, perhaps they could have made mistakes, when we had limited opportunities, we were rather wasteful, Young crossing were piss poor! even rashford forgot how to shoot, at this level, every little counts!, Its not over yet but we have to get the first goal, if barcelona score first, sorry its over, for a team that keeps the ball so well, if they give you opportunities, you better use it
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:gulf in class! United did ok but were heavily restricted, thats why we did not get a shot on target for 90 minutes, we allowed Barcelona to run rings around us, nothing to be ashamed about, they do this to every team, its Barca DNA to play football like this, we could have pressed a bit more in the first 20 minutes, perhaps they could have made mistakes, when we had limited opportunities, we were rather wasteful, Young crossing were piss poor! even rashford forgot how to shoot, at this level, every little counts!, Its not over yet but we have to get the first goal, if barcelona score first, sorry its over, for a team that keeps the ball so well, if they give you opportunities, you better use it
abeg stop lying
this same Barca team went to Villarreal and drew 4-4 a few days ago
this is the poorest Barca side i have watched in a very long time

OGS and co got the tactics wrong in the 1H..we were scared to play against a very very sh'it Barca team
Young was poor
Rashford was worse than Young, yet OGS removed Lukaku first and played Rashford for 85 mins!!!
McTominay was our MoM
Pogba had an off day

We should have pressed them from the get go, they had 90% possession after 10mins

we can win at Camp Nou

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

txj wrote:very surprised at Barca's struggle to control this game
Barca is not all that on the road in CL,a spurs ,Liverpool or City would have beat them black and blue playing like this.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:gulf in class! United did ok but were heavily restricted, thats why we did not get a shot on target for 90 minutes, we allowed Barcelona to run rings around us, nothing to be ashamed about, they do this to every team, its Barca DNA to play football like this, we could have pressed a bit more in the first 20 minutes, perhaps they could have made mistakes, when we had limited opportunities, we were rather wasteful, Young crossing were piss poor! even rashford forgot how to shoot, at this level, every little counts!, Its not over yet but we have to get the first goal, if barcelona score first, sorry its over, for a team that keeps the ball so well, if they give you opportunities, you better use it
abeg stop lying
this same Barca team went to Villarreal and drew 4-4 a few days ago
this is the poorest Barca side i have watched in a very long time

OGS and co got the tactics wrong in the 1H..we were scared to play against a very very sh'it Barca team
Young was poor
Rashford was worse than Young, yet OGS removed Lukaku first and played Rashford for 85 mins!!!
McTominay was our MoM
Pogba had an off day

We should have pressed them from the get go, they had 90% possession after 10mins

we can win at Camp Nou
Very much on point.
We could beaten Barca yesterday. I don't know why teams are so afraid of Barca. Biggest disappointment for me was Pogba. He should show up for games like these.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Coach wrote:Ajax going hell for leather, not making any of it count. #michaelkatsidis. Knocked out in Turin?
After watching Ajax yesterday, something tells me they have what it takes to win the trophy. Football at its best.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

joplass wrote:
Coach wrote:Ajax going hell for leather, not making any of it count. #michaelkatsidis. Knocked out in Turin?
After watching Ajax yesterday, something tells me they have what it takes to win the trophy. Football at its best.
Something is lying to you.....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
omk
Egg
Egg

Post by omk »

kajifu wrote:This is like watching a Champions League team against a Championship team at the moment.
What will Barca do when Messi retired from the game?
The same thing they did when Xavi and Iniesta retired :D
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

For the "Man Utd's academy has not produced any good players since 1992 brigade" - latest udpdate on young Tuanzebe. He has been out injured for the last 2-3 months. He returned from injury this week. In his first game back for Villa, he put in a MOTM performance. Villa manager Dean Smith's post match press conference was disrupted by the noise of Tuanzebe's team-mates chanting his name in the dressing room.

These were his match stats in his first game for months:

90% passes completed
7 ball recoveries
6 clearances
4 aerial duels won
2 blocks
1 interception
He looks the business. Do not let this kid become another Pique, Pogba, Keane, or Heaton that got away.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well we better play our hearts out next week or we out! its that simple!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

we have what it takes to beat them

messi, suarez, busquets, coutinho - they were so poor, i was shocked
this is the team leading the NDL

nelson semedo is the business. i love his game

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Messi got taken out by that good old fashioned charge by Smalling. He was not the same after. Any other player in that Barca team would have been subbed off after taking that hit. Obviously it is Messi and rules state he cannot be subbed off even if he has taken enemy sniper fire.

Busquets had a nightmare and was lucky not to be red carded. Really odd to see him get rattled like that by pressure from the young lad McTominay. Barca's best players were Pique and Alba. Pique was brilliant. Read the game like a book. Agree with you re Semedo. He looked the business didn't he? His footwork at times was spell-binding. His technique is good enough for him to play as a midfielder or attacker.

OGS has made some strange defensive choices in the last 2 games: playing Young (a winger) as a CD against Wolves, then playing Shaw (a LB) as a CD against Barca. If he wants to play 3 at the back, fine - but play actual CDs at the back. There are 3 other CDs in the squad in Jones, Rojo, and Bailly who may be wondering WTF their gaffer is doing playing wingers and FBs ahead of them in their position.

tfco wrote:we have what it takes to beat them

messi, suarez, busquets, coutinho - they were so poor, i was shocked
this is the team leading the NDL

nelson semedo is the business. i love his game
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ekorian wrote:
joplass wrote:
e go do you like film trick. Only thing holding them back is their inexperience. Their first 11 will match any in the present CL and they have one of the best coaches left in the tournament.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Ekorian wrote:
joplass wrote:
Why the personal attack? If you don't think Ajax is good enough then take it to the keyboard.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Man Utd GKs

Post by wiseone »

Very soon Man Utd will have big decisions to make regarding their GKs:

1) How long will DDG put up with finishing 5th? At some point he will want a shedload of winners medals and might want to go back home to win a few Champions League trophies. If that happens, then surely if a decent but hardly legendary GK like Kepa can go for over 60 million, DDG must become the first 100 million GK in history?

2) There is a case for arguing that Man Utd have the deepest GK talent pool in world football. Romero might be the best reserve GK in the world not called Navas. Then in the youth team they have 2 future internationals in Joel Pereira and Dean Henderson. Mourinho said Pereira would one day become one of the best GKs in Europe. Henderson has kept more clean sheets than any other GK in his league this season and was part of the England team that won the U20 World Cup in 2017. He is on loan at Sheffield Utd and their fans are praying that Utd are stupid enough to turn his loan into a transfer. Henderson is one of the most promising English GKs and will be an England international one day.

Right now, the GK position is the only one where Man Utd are stacked.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ekorian wrote:
joplass wrote:
Chief this Ajax team apart from their inexperience,they will match any team in this CL.they are that good,you need to watch them closely.
I wish Arsenal has a team and coach like t his Ajax
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
joplass wrote:
Chief this Ajax team apart from their inexperience,they will match any team in this CL.they are that good,you need to watch them closely.
I wish Arsenal has a team and coach like t his Ajax
It's simple. Have a fantastic youth setup, a playing philosophy and work very hard producing top ballers. Ain't no point just wishing
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd GKs

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Very soon Man Utd will have big decisions to make regarding their GKs:

1) How long will DDG put up with finishing 5th? At some point he will want a shedload of winners medals and might want to go back home to win a few Champions League trophies. If that happens, then surely if a decent but hardly legendary GK like Kepa can go for over 60 million, DDG must become the first 100 million GK in history?

2) There is a case for arguing that Man Utd have the deepest GK talent pool in world football. Romero might be the best reserve GK in the world not called Navas. Then in the youth team they have 2 future internationals in Joel Pereira and Dean Henderson. Mourinho said Pereira would one day become one of the best GKs in Europe. Henderson has kept more clean sheets than any other GK in his league this season and was part of the England team that won the U20 World Cup in 2017. He is on loan at Sheffield Utd and their fans are praying that Utd are stupid enough to turn his loan into a transfer. Henderson is one of the most promising English GKs and will be an England international one day.

Right now, the GK position is the only one where Man Utd are stacked.
The likes of Pogba and Degea will want to see investments at the end of the season, that will determine if they stay or not, we better start acting like a big club and acquire new players in positions we really need, why would paul want to stay when he can easily pkay for a team blessed with as many as 7 world class outfield players

Marko
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
MAU vs WHU

Post by Its a Goal »

Good goal to the Hammers incorrectly ruled offside. Ojoro has started already.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MAU vs WHU

Post by Its a Goal »

Really shows he was onside.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Can't wait for VAR to come on next season. Teams like ManU will stop getting the benefit of bad calls. In fact it won't be surprising to see them struggling to finish in the top 10.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why has Pogba not dyed his hair today? I bet he is wishing to bail out.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ojoro again. That is not a penalty. Shoulder to shoulder. It was even outside the box.