Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:Dear Marko...

if you watched Pool v Napoli, you would understand

you should address everyone in CE and not just Marko, are you trying to convince of something??
by the way, i was busy watching spurs and barcelona, enjoying the beautiful game
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

of course you were.

your "modern, progressive" Pochettino struggling against Barca Team C

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Tuanzebe is actually a modern CD in the ball playing mould.

Tony V's crosses are very consistent. His crosses consistently bash into the shins of the nearest opposition defender.
oloye wrote: Of what use is being fast if your ball delivery is wack :lol: :lol: Give me a slow fullback with a wicked ball delivery. Give me Marcelo or Alaves any day , morning , noon or evening. :lol:

Valencia , for a former winger he disppoints terribly with his lack of crossing ability. Nothing gets on my never more than a fullback in a fanstastic position, who then proceeds to hit the ball over the bar into row Z or repeatedly hits the ball against a player standing in front of him.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:Dear Marko...

if you watched Pool v Napoli, you would understand

you should address everyone in CE and not just Marko, are you trying to convince of something??
by the way, i was busy watching spurs and barcelona, enjoying the beautiful game
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

of course you were.

your "modern, progressive" Pochettino struggling against Barca Team C
I am actually a barcelona fan when i dont support man united, it pays to know people personally before jumping the gun, take a hint :thumbs:

Spurs 10 points gap to united in the premier league, Pochettino, in your words, modern and progressive :clap: :thumbs:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:Tuanzebe is actually a modern CD in the ball playing mould.

Tony V's crosses are very consistent. His crosses consistently bash into the shins of the nearest opposition defender.
oloye wrote: Of what use is being fast if your ball delivery is wack :lol: :lol: Give me a slow fullback with a wicked ball delivery. Give me Marcelo or Alaves any day , morning , noon or evening. :lol:

Valencia , for a former winger he disppoints terribly with his lack of crossing ability. Nothing gets on my never more than a fullback in a fanstastic position, who then proceeds to hit the ball over the bar into row Z or repeatedly hits the ball against a player standing in front of him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Spurs 10 points gap to united in the premier league, Pochettino, in your words, modern and progressive :clap: :thumbs:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what was the gap last season?
season before last?

in any SEASON that Spurs has gone on to WIN the Prem

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: Spurs 10 points gap to united in the premier league, Pochettino, in your words, modern and progressive :clap: :thumbs:

season before last?

I am a united fan not a spurs fan, do i need to remind you or??
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

season before last?

yes, please remind me what your modern, progressive manager has WON

remember, that is the yardstick to measure a football manager's success
(we will discuss Kele's grooming again...after Poch)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

season before last?

yes, please remind me what your modern, progressive manager has WON

remember, that is the yardstick to measure a football manager's success
(we will discuss Kele's grooming again...after Poch)
Mourinho is the manager of the team i support man utd! right now, he is hopeless and needs to learn what made him good in the first place, if he dont finish top 4 this season, he will be out! all there will be a mass exodus of players, nobody wants to play for him anymore, look at the display last night, atrocious!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Mourinho is the manager of the team i support man utd! right now, he is hopeless and needs to learn what made him good in the first place, if he dont finish top 4 this season, he will be out! all there will be a mass exodus of players, nobody wants to play for him anymore, look at the display last night, atrocious!
players not being able to make simple passes is the fault_of_the_manager????????

do you hear yourself???

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: Mourinho is the manager of the team i support man utd! right now, he is hopeless and needs to learn what made him good in the first place, if he dont finish top 4 this season, he will be out! all there will be a mass exodus of players, nobody wants to play for him anymore, look at the display last night, atrocious!
players not being able to make simple passes is the fault_of_the_manager????????

do you hear yourself???
All the players in the top 5 premiership teams can make simple passes, so why cant we? Can Pogba lukaku rashford martial and the rest turn mediocre overnight? Sorry mourinho has creates a toxic atsmophere at the club right from pre season, we have not recovered from the mess he started

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho has to go, i will say this again, the man simply has to be shown the door!

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ref mercifully ends this #$% whupping
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

metalalloy wrote:ref mercifully ends this #$% whupping

Yes it was becoming a pain to watch, one team came to attack, one came to park the bus! Football won today, we dont need cowards as managers

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If Pogba is the problem now, please sell him so we can move on! We cant let this team sink even further, If Mourinho is there at the end of the season, watch a massive exodus of players, we will need another 5 years of re-building

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:If Pogba is the problem now, please sell him so we can move on! We cant let this team sink even further, If Mourinho is there at the end of the season, watch a massive exodus of players, we will need another 5 years of re-building
Pogba is not the problem, Jose always manage to find problem in his team. There is always someone in his team responsible. At Chelsea it was Hazard, at Real it was Casillas, now it is Pogba. He brought Pogba abi nor be so. Abeg leave Pogba alone, that nonsense siege mentality is no longer working, football has moved on....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:If Pogba is the problem now, please sell him so we can move on! We cant let this team sink even further, If Mourinho is there at the end of the season, watch a massive exodus of players, we will need another 5 years of re-building
Pogba is not the problem, Jose always manage to find problem in his team. There is always someone in his team responsible. At Chelsea it was Hazard, at Real it was Casillas, now it is Pogba. He brought Pogba abi nor be so. Abeg leave Pogba alone, that nonsense siege mentality is no longer working, football has moved on....
Well he said Pogba lacks the aggresiveness and intensity to play against liverpool so he did not play him, what did we get instead? Wasteful players, almost embarrasing to watch as a united supporter

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho said his midfield actually played well yesterday, also said Lukaku played a decent game but stats tells a different story, liverpool had 36 goal attempts to man united 3 in 90 minutes! why is Lukaku playing badly? he has a good record in the premiership, top scorer for belgium so why on earth cant he perform? is the system not good for his style of play? United have some decent payers in the youth team like Gomez, we have decent defenders out on loan, we cannot get the best out of Pogba when he has thrived outside united, even the likes of hererra was a beast a few years back, same applies to Bailly in his first season, mata, what a player, martial has his fair issues as well, Shaw was nearly forced out, the ones that regular make the team list, matic / felliani are just hard working players but offer nothing more

I dont believe in sacking and hiring because sometimes this does not help but Mourinho right now is toxic and we cannot get any worse than we possibly are, even if carrick takes over till the end of the season, its ok until we get the coach we really need but surely there has to be a parting of the ways

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

If Mourinho fails to finish within top 4, does he get compensated when he is sacked, or maybe it's just a plain sack, which could be what the board is waiting for.

But the other problem that may arise is that no top coach will want to come and join confusion at Old Trafford, the options are very few, and United fans could wake up to top coaches turning down the job offer every other week.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:If Mourinho fails to finish within top 4, does he get compensated when he is sacked, or maybe it's just a plain sack, which could be what the board is waiting for.

But the other problem that may arise is that no top coach will want to come and join confusion at Old Trafford, the options are very few, and United fans could wake up to top coaches turning down the job offer every other week.
There is no confusion at United, in the last 3 years you have spent handsomely on the transfer market, 90 and 75 million for Pogba and Lukaku, never mind the 40 some thing millas in between.

The only confusion is that which always trail Jose and his disruptive influences, this was why sir Bobby was against his hire.. The old sage has been proven right.

One lesson I have learnt in life, one which I did at a young age is never to succumb or subscribe to the lie that there is no life after certain individuals... It is a lie from the pit of hell one which enslaves men to what they should have cast aside in other to move on to greater things.

There was glory at United before Jose came!

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:If Mourinho fails to finish within top 4, does he get compensated when he is sacked, or maybe it's just a plain sack, which could be what the board is waiting for.

There is no confusion at United, in the last 3 years you have spent handsomely on the transfer market, 90 and 75 million for Pogba and Lukaku, never mind the 40 some thing millas in between.

The only confusion is that which always trail Jose and his disruptive influences, this was why sir Bobby was against his hire.. The old sage has been proven right.

One lesson I have learnt in life, one which I did at a young age is never to succumb or subscribe to the lie that there is no life after certain individuals... It is a lie from the pit of hell one which enslaves men to what they should have cast aside in other to move on to greater things.

I'm only saying confusion because after Moyes, the board went for LVG.
Then they just ditched him when he had a good plan and philosophy and just went with cries on the stands for Mourinho.
There doesn't seem to be a solid plan from the top, can you see one ?
Just sack and hire then spend money
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

you mean hire and sack like real madrid to ensure tat they have won the last 3 champions league? back to back? i am not privy to the clauses in Mourinho contract but one can surely assume if he is sacked, they will pay a hefty compensation, stupidity for signing a new deal without proving anything, yes against some cooler heads, they thought he was not the solution, too disruptive, when he got sacked at Chelsea the 2nd time, they were like in 14th position or so? what happened to them the following season when they brought in Conte? the rest is history

For United to return to playing football the way it should be, something has to be done, Mourinho is no longer than man for united, for those who say whats out there? there are plenty out there better than what we have, we need a good dressing room, we dont need vendetta that allows the likes of Pogba and mata to remain on the bench when the alternatives were all over the place

Mourinho has it in for Pogba, after stripping him of the vice-captaincy, he has personal issues to resolve with him, same that he did to hazard, casillas, Ronaldo and a host of other players

he is determined to humiliate him by leaving him on the bench and not even playing him when the situation needs, I hope Poga does not fall for the bait, he should remain calm which is highly unlikely, Pogba will probably do something stupid in the next few days to get back at him and of course we know where this will end up
United are really in a dilemna, should we sell or not? getting rid of someone with 30 million followers! I am sure another huge club will welcome him with open hands, money making machine!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

I'm only saying confusion because after Moyes, the board went for LVG.
Then they just ditched him when he had a good plan and philosophy and just went with cries on the stands for Mourinho.
There doesn't seem to be a solid plan from the top, can you see one ?
Just sack and hire then spend money
That was not confusion, that was simply the side effects of transition, apart from Moyes which was an outright misguided hire. Whoever recommended Moyes had an ulterior motive, one whose odious aroma could be smelt from afar. LVG did not do badly, he won something and was in the process of putting in place a structure. The hiring of Jose was driven by commerce, the need to keep united relevant and within distance of the City... Doing so while looking for someone who can steady the ship and keep them going for the foreseeable future. Jose achieved that in his first 2 years with his horrible football. The europa win was a major boost for brand United, and coming second last season kept them in good stead especially if one is willing to overlook the 15 points gap while celebrating the fact that United beat City.

But this season has unveiled the underlying problems that trails the tenure of Jose, one which the United hierarchy with their perceived knowledge of football ought to be aware of, an unsettled and unbalanced Jose, who when he goes into this mode will drag everything down into the dark alley with him.

The only reason why he has not been let go is the huge money they would have to pay... That may soon be over looking at the body language of the powers that be in the stands yesterday. It does not take a soothsayer to know what is playing in the minds of these people if such shambolic display is the what awaits over the Xmas holidays.