Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:@Marko, granted there was an issue of style and fit, but such argument could be applied to Mourinho too, did he not see his square peg before the round hole? The board wanted someone to compete, someone capable of bringing it back to “their” Manchester. Mourinho’s track record put him at the top of that list. He came. He saw. He collected his P45. The dream pairing was more nightmarish than a manicured Frederick Kruger milly bopping on Elm Street.

What is a, for the purpose of argument, “Mourinho” player after all? What is any manager’s player? Is this an innate or inspired quality?
Mourinho cannot operate without money, just like Pep except pep got more backing, at least with Pep, you are guaranteed good football, ability to build from the back, with close to 400 million, Mourinho gave us route 1 football, De Gea, shoot towards Felliani head, bypass the midfield, Lukaku feed off scraps, Rashford as well, once teams sussed us out, they put a man on Felliani and that was it, Pogba was used as a defensive midfielder to tidy things up at the back

we need to go back to basics! How can the Leicesters of this world play from the back comfortably? and united cannot pass longer than 5 secs before Young passes to the opposition or shoot the ball out of play, we need to raid the premiership for players, just like Liverpool did, forget about the super stars to sell shirts
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the bar was set too high by Sir Alex, subsequent coaches want to equal/surpass him because that's what the fans want.
Things went bad for the club when big-wig Pogba arrived, shined for a little while, then bigger-wig with money Sanchez came, na then trouble and decline started.
No real commander on the field except flamboyancy, don-dirty style of play (Pogba) which is not tolerated in the English league, and Sanchez skinny self getting hacked leading to injuries.
Oh well, e go tay for them to climb back up to even top 4.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:...the bar was set too high by Sir Alex, subsequent coaches want to equal/surpass him because that's what the fans want.
Things went bad for the club when big-wig Pogba arrived, shined for a little while, then bigger-wig with money Sanchez came, na then trouble and decline started.
No real commander on the field except flamboyancy, don-dirty style of play (Pogba) which is not tolerated in the English league, and Sanchez skinny self getting hacked leading to injuries.
Oh well, e go tay for them to climb back up to even top 4.
even if Messi was added to our line up, he will simply fail, people expect Pogba to be a 1 man team capable of destroying opposition! we have singled out one player! if we add the amount of passes, through balls that our forwards could not convert, balls bouncing off Lukaku, Rashford miskicking a good pass, Pogba stats will be higher, 1 person can never make a team, we have seen some quality players on paper come to united and failed over the last 5 years, Di maria came to united and failed but is performing at PSG, Pogba, most likely will be another casualty, will not be surprised if he regains his form with a Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus, if i was Pogba, i will leave this summer!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Selling DDG would be as devastating as what happened when they sold Ronaldo simply because no matter who you buy, they will not be as good as him. Which buyable GK in world football is as good as DDG? It is not as if they can buy Neuer or Oblak (why would they leave CL teams to go and play for a team in 6th). DDG's worst season ever in his career still has more wonder saves than the average GK gets in his entire life.

The only way DDG should be sold is if he point blank refuses to sign a new contract or puts in a transfer request. I would not actually bother buying another GK to replace him since they would probably waste 60-100 million on far worse GKs. Romero and Dean Henderson (England U21 - on loan at Sheff Utd - future England GK) can do the job of being DDG's less impressive replacement.
marko wrote: If by selling Pogba to Madrid and DeGea can raise another 200 Million plus, then add that to the 200 million promised to OGS, thats 400 million, get rid of the dead wood, at least 10 of them, they have more than enough to get decent players that dont cost ar arm and a leg, United could start playing decent football once again
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Selling DDG would be as devastating as what happened when they sold Ronaldo simply because no matter who you buy, they will not be as good as him. Which buyable GK in world football is as good as DDG? It is not as if they can buy Neuer or Oblak (why would they leave CL teams to go and play for a team in 6th). DDG's worst season ever in his career still has more wonder saves than the average GK gets in his entire life.

The only way DDG should be sold is if he point blank refuses to sign a new contract or puts in a transfer request. I would not actually bother buying another GK to replace him since they would probably waste 60-100 million on far worse GKs. Romero and Dean Henderson (England U21 - on loan at Sheff Utd - future England GK) can do the job of being DDG's less impressive replacement.
marko wrote: If by selling Pogba to Madrid and DeGea can raise another 200 Million plus, then add that to the 200 million promised to OGS, thats 400 million, get rid of the dead wood, at least 10 of them, they have more than enough to get decent players that dont cost ar arm and a leg, United could start playing decent football once again
if united is bold enough to sell de gea, they should hendersen the opportunity to take the position
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
wiseone wrote:Selling DDG would be as devastating as what happened when they sold Ronaldo simply because no matter who you buy, they will not be as good as him. Which buyable GK in world football is as good as DDG? It is not as if they can buy Neuer or Oblak (why would they leave CL teams to go and play for a team in 6th). DDG's worst season ever in his career still has more wonder saves than the average GK gets in his entire life.

if united is bold enough to sell de gea, they should hendersen the opportunity to take the position
Its not about been bold, he has a year left on his contract, either we sell or he goes for free next year, he must be so frustrated about the amount of crap defenders and midfielders in front of him, what he should do is see what players man united recruit this summer, he should demand they ship out the entire defence except Lindelof, even Shaw should be put up for sale!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Tuanzebe through to the play-off final with Aston Villa (who will face Derby). If Villa go up, it will create a conundrum for Man Utd. Would it be better for his development to play a season in the EPL with Villa? Or should he be brought back into the Man Utd first team?
Last edited by wiseone on Thu May 16, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Tuanzebe through to the play-off final with Aston Villa (who will face Leeds). If Villa go up, it will create a conundrum for Man Utd. Would it be better for his development to play a season in the EPL with Villa? Or should he be brought back into the Man Utd first team?
We should bring him back, we are in need of quality defenders, can save us money in the long run

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
Coach wrote:@Marko, granted there was an issue of style and fit, but such argument could be applied to Mourinho too, did he not see his square peg before the round hole? The board wanted someone to compete, someone capable of bringing it back to “their” Manchester. Mourinho’s track record put him at the top of that list. He came. He saw. He collected his P45. The dream pairing was more nightmarish than a manicured Frederick Kruger milly bopping on Elm Street.

What is a, for the purpose of argument, “Mourinho” player after all? What is any manager’s player? Is this an innate or inspired quality?
Mourinho cannot operate without money, just like Pep except pep got more backing, at least with Pep, you are guaranteed good football, ability to build from the back, with close to 400 million, Mourinho gave us route 1 football, De Gea, shoot towards Felliani head, bypass the midfield, Lukaku feed off scraps, Rashford as well, once teams sussed us out, they put a man on Felliani and that was it, Pogba was used as a defensive midfielder to tidy things up at the back
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The sheikh has pumped $1B into City
The Glazers have taken $1B out of United

but you continue blaming the manager(s)
you still don't get it

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:

you still don't get it
but Mourinho spent almost 400 m, is that enough to play attractive football or?

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:

you still don't get it
but Mourinho spent almost 400 m, is that enough to play attractive football or?
it's not your money, we could spend $600M every transfer window and not break FFP

i want trophies - Jose delivered 2

when he was beating teams 4-0 in his 2nd season, how dull was that football

with the team Jose found when he arrived, he should have been given a war chest (the same war chest Pep was given at City)

finishing 2nd + FA Cup Final with that pile of sh'it...massive achievement

we are MUFC, SAF broke the British transfer record several times (Rio, Rooney, Veron etc)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MUFC Investors Conference Call - May 16, 2019

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well its pretty obvious their concerns is the bank balance, when threatened with relegation, they will act

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That may happen. Ole says he "can't wait" to see Tuanzebe back in pre-season training at his parent club: https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/solskja ... tmvnphh3y0

Looks like Dean Henderson will go back on loan at Sheff Utd again in the EPL next season (which is good for his development as he is too good to sit on the bench).

If in a few years time, Man Utd have Tuanzebe, Rashford, Pogba, Lingard, Greenwood and Henderson in the first team, that will be a very impressive level of progression from youth to adult football.
marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Tuanzebe through to the play-off final with Aston Villa (who will face Leeds). If Villa go up, it will create a conundrum for Man Utd. Would it be better for his development to play a season in the EPL with Villa? Or should he be brought back into the Man Utd first team?
We should bring him back, we are in need of quality defenders, can save us money in the long run
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The key areas needed are a proven goal scorer 20-25 goals per season, right back, left back, midfield and central defence, at least 5-6 players, if any positions are needed for experience, then its the striker, we need someone to hit the ground running, someone to mentor the likes of rashford, martial, maybe a cavani

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The transfer window is open, so which top player is currently being linked to United
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:The transfer window is open, so which top player is currently being linked to United
quite a few actually, i will believe when things start getting confirmed, not that easy though, sometimes transfer takes weeks to complete

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

United DNA!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Funny enough, for all his troubles with form and fitness (and having a first touch like Bill Cosby), Lukaku knows where the goal is. He has scored 68 goals in the last 3 seasons (AKA he IS "a proven goal scorer 20-25 goals per season").

marko wrote:The key areas needed are a proven goal scorer 20-25 goals per season, right back, left back, midfield and central defence, at least 5-6 players, if any positions are needed for experience, then its the striker, we need someone to hit the ground running, someone to mentor the likes of rashford, martial, maybe a cavani
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Funny enough, for all his troubles with form and fitness (and having a first touch like Bill Cosby), Lukaku knows where the goal is. He has scored 68 goals in the last 3 seasons (AKA he IS "a proven goal scorer 20-25 goals per season").

marko wrote:The key areas needed are a proven goal scorer 20-25 goals per season, right back, left back, midfield and central defence, at least 5-6 players, if any positions are needed for experience, then its the striker, we need someone to hit the ground running, someone to mentor the likes of rashford, martial, maybe a cavani

The biggest mistake anyone can make about Lukaku is to look at his stats and judge him by that. I know its weird to say, but Lukaku is one player I will say "look away" from his stats. Lukaku:

1. scores in spurts. So he will score 10 goals within a 2 month period and then go missing for 3 months. Score another 10 goals and then go missing again.

2. Lukaku gets 10 chances in a game and scores only 1 goal. His stats tells you that he scored, but doesnt tell you all the misses.

3. he is mentally weak and he is dumb, so when you need him most, he disappears.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is exactly how you rise back to the top :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:The transfer window is open, so which top player is currently being linked to United
quite a few actually, i will believe when things start getting confirmed, not that easy though, sometimes transfer takes weeks to complete
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barcelona, RM, Bayern have done their business early

United is still renewing Smalling, Jones, Mata, Young

Ed Woodward - CEO and Director of Football

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »