Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Cavani and Telles about to join. Critical/weakest areas of the team still not addressed, and strongest area of the team over-addressed (GK). Henderson (who is too good to be a sub) was brought back to the club to sit on the bench, while Romero (who was the best number 2 GK in the EPL) is not even 3rd choice anymore. Speaking of Romero, his wife is not happy:

I fully agree, he has been used and abused by incompetent management, he should leave ASAP, same applies to Fred, let OGS publicly come out and state his reasons for not playing Romero, he cannot be any worse than De Gea
Your coach is a muppet, he is just a face while the real coach is Fergie's side kick. The shambles going on in United is best enjoyed as a comedy.
you mean Mike Phelan? they are running united like a mafia organization, we only spend when we do not qualify for champions league, that is the main aim of the board, champions league means more money in the pocket of Woodward and the Glazers, they will pretty much run united to the ground, OGS is just the face of these gangsters
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Cavani and Telles about to join. Critical/weakest areas of the team still not addressed, and strongest area of the team over-addressed (GK). Henderson (who is too good to be a sub) was brought back to the club to sit on the bench, while Romero (who was the best number 2 GK in the EPL) is not even 3rd choice anymore. Speaking of Romero, his wife is not happy:

I fully agree, he has been used and abused by incompetent management, he should leave ASAP, same applies to Fred, let OGS publicly come out and state his reasons for not playing Romero, he cannot be any worse than De Gea
Your coach is a muppet, he is just a face while the real coach is Fergie's side kick. The shambles going on in United is best enjoyed as a comedy.
you mean Mike Phelan? they are running united like a mafia organization, we only spend when we do not qualify for champions league, that is the main aim of the board, champions league means more money in the pocket of Woodward and the Glazers, they will pretty much run united to the ground, OGS is just the face of these gangsters
Nobody should feel any pity for Ole.
When he came in after Jose he said stuff like the squad is good enough, just needs to be have and be given freedom to do the simple things.
He thought he was smarter tha Jose.

Let him work hard, he is getting paid millions a year.
Even if he of fired, he knows what he signed up for.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Yes oh Marko, Phelan is the coach while Ole is just the muppet the puppet.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

When he came in after Jose he said stuff like the squad is good enough, just needs to be have and be given freedom to do the simple things.

When they bring you in as a puppet what do you expect him to say. Someone who was fired at Cardiff, what kind of players has he worked with before they brought him in. So he is not lying when he said the players are good enough, look at the context that inspired his statement, he has never had the opportunity to coach those kind of players :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

When they bring you in as a puppet what do you expect him to say. Someone who was fired at Cardiff, what kind of players has he worked with before they brought him in. So he is not lying when he said the players are good enough, look at the context that inspired his statement, he has never had the opportunity to coach those kind of players :lol:
he has proven to be a terrible coach! they are using the transfer window as a smokescreen, is that the reason why united lost to Crystal palace? poor coaching, no system, terrible game management, look at Lukaku who we all abused, i am the first to apologise but i should know better, 38 goals in his first season at Inter Milan, the system did not suit him, soon the likes of Bruno will turn into a crap player, the board does not have the balls to sack OGS or they will be exposed for their incompetence, i believe he has already lost the dressing room
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cavani might not be so bad a buy. He does address the lack of a focal point (still don't get why Ighalo was bought). On the CB issue, United has 6 first team CBs with Smalling leaving (Jones, Bailly, Lindelof, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Fosu Mensah). I can imagine the board refusing to sign another one until a few are sold.

The United first squad is quite big. I can imagine no purchases until players are sold.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cristao II wrote:Cavani might not be so bad a buy. He does address the lack of a focal point (still don't get why Ighalo was bought). On the CB issue, United has 6 first team CBs with Smalling leaving (Jones, Bailly, Lindelof, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Fosu Mensah). I can imagine the board refusing to sign another one until a few are sold.

The United first squad is quite big. I can imagine no purchases until players are sold.
Issue is, nobody will buy Phil Jones, Lingard and some of our defenders, the club will go down soon!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...was Cavani not at United some time ago? What made think he can fit in now, older and spent in France.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cavani? Forlan maybe, big Ed, surely not.
Last edited by Coach on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:Cavani might not be so bad a buy. He does address the lack of a focal point (still don't get why Ighalo was bought). On the CB issue, United has 6 first team CBs with Smalling leaving (Jones, Bailly, Lindelof, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Fosu Mensah). I can imagine the board refusing to sign another one until a few are sold.

The 1problem with this team is coaching and tactics. Their approach is sooo predictable, it seems to bother on just having certain players on the field rather than what these players are supposed to be doing.

At some point in time it would also look like the selection is about just looking at the players in the dressing and saying hey it is your turn today.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I even forgot that Rojo is still at the club. 7 CBs.

Compare to Spurs - 4 nos CB - Dier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Tanganga,

CCV and Foyth are out on loan. Ben Davies can also play CB.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:

The 1problem with this team is coaching and tactics. Their approach is sooo predictable, it seems to bother on just having certain players on the field rather than what these players are supposed to be doing.

At some point in time it would also look like the selection is about just looking at the players in the dressing and saying hey it is your turn today.
To be honest, I really don't know. It could also be that they are slow starters. I am inclined to agree as on paper that is a very good squad aside from their weaknesses in the FB slots.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:

To be honest, I really don't know. It could also be that they are slow starters. I am inclined to agree as on paper that is a very good squad aside from their weaknesses in the FB slots.
First problem is motivation. Those players have become LAZY. No hunger or fire in them. Just check how many kms covered by players of other teams. Most are already overpaid so lack ambition.

Secondly is lack of a plan. Purchases by Man U are hardly strategic. They just overpay and place players on ridiculous salaries. Now they are having plenty over the hill players.

Next are some ignorant fans who thought they are as good as PSG

You want to count the number of coaches who has failed since Sir Alex left? Problem is hardly coaching
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:

First problem is motivation. Those players have become LAZY. No hunger or fire in them. Just check how many kms covered by players of other teams. Most are already overpaid so lack ambition.

Secondly is lack of a plan. Purchases by Man U are hardly strategic. They just overpay and place players on ridiculous salaries. Now they are having plenty over the hill players.

You want to count the number of coaches who has failed since Sir Alex left? Problem is hardly coaching
United have a better footballing history in comparison to PSG, facts! yes we sucker punched them like other teams do, yes PSG on current form are the better side, facts! united have become a marketing footballing side, everything we do, money is the main intention, when we bought Ighalo, Woodward was looking at the Nigerian market, did he fit into the philosophy? do we even have any philosophy? The Glazers are only concerned about the dividends, well OGS in charge, this is the season when we will finally in the bottom half of the league

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The transfer "policy" (if there is such a thing) at the club is mind boggling:

1) They seem to strengthen the areas of the team where the club is already strong (GK, attacking midfield) and ingore the areas where the team needed reinforcement (DM, RW, CF). e.g. Henderson is an England international GK. However what was the point of bringing him back to the club to sit on the bench when Utd already has two class GKs in DDG and Romero? Not only was it not necessary but it is also bad for Henderson's career in a season where he needs to play first team games to make England's squad for the Euros.
Another e.g.: Van De Beek is a very good player. However was he really the priority when the club already has Pogba, Bruno, Johnny Kills, Lingard, and Pereira as AMs?

2) The club lacks pace at the back and a striker who can hold up the ball. So they sold their quickest defender (Smalling) and one of the few strikers in world football who can bully defenders, and who had scored nearly 60 goals in the prior 2 seasons (Lukaku). 1 year after selling him they "replaced" him with an injury prone striker who is 6 years older, coming to the end of his career, and who not played a competitive game for nearly a year.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:

United have a better footballing history in comparison to PSG, facts! yes we sucker punched them like other teams do, yes PSG on current form are the better side, facts! united have become a marketing footballing side, everything we do, money is the main intention, when we bought Ighalo, Woodward was looking at the Nigerian market, did he fit into the philosophy? do we even have any philosophy? The Glazers are only concerned about the dividends, well OGS in charge, this is the season when we will finally in the bottom half of the league

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:The transfer "policy" (if there is such a thing) at the club is mind boggling:

1) They seem to strengthen the areas of the team where the club is already strong (GK, attacking midfield) and ingore the areas where the team needed reinforcement (DM, RW, CF). e.g. Henderson is an England international GK. However what was the point of bringing him back to the club to sit on the bench when Utd already has two class GKs in DDG and Romero? Not only was it not necessary but it is also bad for Henderson's career in a season where he needs to play first team games to make England's squad for the Euros.
Another e.g.: Van De Beek is a very good player. However was he really the priority when the club already has Pogba, Bruno, Johnny Kills, Lingard, and Pereira as AMs?

2) The club lacks pace at the back and a striker who can hold up the ball. So they sold their quickest defender (Smalling) and one of the few strikers in world football who can bully defenders, and who had scored nearly 60 goals in the prior 2 seasons (Lukaku). 1 year after selling him they "replaced" him with an injury prone striker who is 6 years older, coming to the end of his career, and who not played a competitive game for nearly a year.

Due to no footballing director, we are all over the place, transfer policy in shambles, the Henderson stuff baffles me, how can we keep 3 class goal keepers, does not make sense, my club is badly run, OGS will be the fall guy as usual, i expect him to be sacked within a month

Marko
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Glazer's Out petition trending now!

https://www.change.org/p/the-english-fo ... _share_abi
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The Glazers do not live in the UK so do not care what we think about them! Woodward and OGS are the ones on the firing line and once it gets too hot for Woodward to handle, he will do the cowardly thing as usual and get rid of OGS! as for the coach, his job is on the line, the next round of fixtures will do him no favour, he has already been exposed for his lack of tactical competence by lesser teams, Mourinho came to serve his death warrant of all people, if he has any balls, he better start playing certain people in their right position and please do not put Pogba anywhere near our defence, i mean that is not rocket science, Pogga had his best goal ratio for united when he was in an attacking position, so why play him in a CDM role? Player like Ndidi could have easily fitted into the Matic role and will do a better job at it but united do not buy players for a system, all they think is selling jerseys!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cchinukw wrote:Glazer's Out petition trending now!

https://www.change.org/p/the-english-fo ... _share_abi
I think i had just arrived into UK when the Glazer take over was in full motion, and United fans where protesting with the green and yellow flags in every home game, and others broke to form FC United.
It was an interesting saga to follow.
That was the time when United fans should have doubled down and even petitioned the gvt to get involved and block that takeover.

Whatever they are doing now is just farting against the wind, it only serves to pass time during the lockdown
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

saw Pogba play for France last night and he was doing all the simple things plus a lot more, difference when you have other quality players besides you and a certain Kante! hope OGS watched the game last night, that is how to play Pogba!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Why the surprise in United’s bungling performance in the transfer window. The first sign of dwindling confidence in the manager, is a tightening of the purse strings. It makes absolutely no sense to back Ole so handsomely in the marketplace, when beliefs of his ineptitude lie neath smile and pleasantries. United are waiting for the opportune time to relieve Mazi Ole Gunnar Osuofia of his weighty burden.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:Why the surprise in United’s bungling performance in the transfer window. The first sign of dwindling confidence in the manager, is a tightening of the purse strings. It makes absolutely no sense to back Ole so handsomely in the marketplace, when beliefs of his ineptitude lie neath smile and pleasantries. United are waiting for the opportune time to relieve Mazi Ole Gunnar Osuofia of his weighty burden.
But they hired him despite his managerial incompetence, if they brought him in to steer the ship, fine, long term, perhaps not, he cannot organize our defence for starters, are they that bad? i think not, we cannot have Matic as our holding midfielder, experience yes but tool old, he actually reminds me of Busquets, brilliant player but no longer has the legs, the next round of fixtures will do OGS no favours, i will expect him to play a 3-5-2 to make sure we do not lose to Newcastle

Marko