Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

Rashford out for 3 months, squad depleted, Pogba, Mctomminay, Rashford, Tuanzebe all out, United is broke, does not have the money to buy players, the books have to be balanced, no matter what anyone says, its just a sad state of things, sacking OGS will not change a damn thing as any new coach will demand funds, at least 200-250 million to rebuild, that is just pure fantasy, we will hit rock bottom before thimgs change
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

marko wrote:Rashford out for 3 months, squad depleted, Pogba, Mctomminay, Rashford, Tuanzebe all out, United is broke, does not have the money to buy players, the books have to be balanced, no matter what anyone says, its just a sad state of things, sacking OGS will not change a damn thing as any new coach will demand funds, at least 200-250 million to rebuild, that is just pure fantasy, we will hit rock bottom before thimgs change
Chin up. It wasn't a good week for most clubs anyway.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

United still waiting for the Zinedine Ze Pogba express to pull into Salford Station. Not quite De Bruyne, might be worth considering an offer from Real. Needless to the Peroxide Prince will find the Bernabeau an audience less lanugally inclined. Should’ve gone for Pearson. Best of.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Manckers, when will the fallacy of Andrea Perreira be accepted as truth? Hilarious. Grows more comedic with each viewing.

And then there’s Dalot. :lol:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Liverpool is simply a highly coached team, many levels above United in tactical organisation.

Yes United has its best players missing, Pogba, Rashford, to an extent McTominay but elsewhere on the pitch United's first choices don't look up to the highest levels.

United can do better and should be doing better, the players today can be given better tactics and better team mates, that's what it is.
Fred was playing alone in midfield, he deserves better.
Klopp had the luxury of bringing in Fabinho to consolidate midfield control.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Coach wrote:Manckers, when will the fallacy of Andrea Perreira be accepted as truth? Hilarious. Grows more comedic with each viewing.

And then there’s Dalot. :lol:
...United can get 10 player from any of Nigerian club sides for the price they pay this ripoff, but will they, can they, nope, Nigeria is not Brazil or South America.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

United issue is right from the top, they need to put good structures in place for any results to happen long term, Woodward will not bring in a director of football, especially a credible one as some home truths will need to be addressed and Woodward needs total control of daily activities, same applies to any credible manager who will require huge investment on players and certainly send some out for good, we do not have the money, its that simple, forget about the record revenues, the outgoings are way higher and they are paying the Glazers over 50 million yearly in terms of dividend payouts, as far as we are not in champions league, sorry they are not spending squat, we are not even qualifying this season for champions league, things will get really bad before it gets better
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The full story is that Rashford has been playing with a single stress fracture in his back and a piece of floating bone in his ankle that requires surgery. He played through the pain (likely because Man Utd do not have many other striker options). Hence the back injury deteriorated and became a double stress fracture after the Wolves game.
marko wrote:Rashford out for 3 months, squad depleted, Pogba, Mctomminay, Rashford, Tuanzebe all out, United is broke, does not have the money to buy players, the books have to be balanced, no matter what anyone says, its just a sad state of things, sacking OGS will not change a damn thing as any new coach will demand funds, at least 200-250 million to rebuild, that is just pure fantasy, we will hit rock bottom before thimgs change
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

It all goes back to last summer's transfer window, you might be tempted to feel pity for Ole and the board with injuries, but this is thier fault, they calmly said all is well, the squad is enough.

As time goes on, we will be seeing Liverpool and Manchester City overtake United in one of the last things that Woodward takes pride in - Revenues generated and such stuff.
That's when it will hit home, when all the best sponsorship deals now go elsewhere to Liverpool, to City and others. Then United will start proper struggling to compete in the transfer market due to genuine lack of funds. That day is not too far away.
I hope i am wrong
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
It all goes back to last summer's transfer window, you might be tempted to feel pity for Ole and the board with injuries, but this is thier fault, they calmly said all is well, the squad is enough.

As time goes on, we will be seeing Liverpool and Manchester City overtake United in one of the last things that Woodward takes pride in - Revenues generated and such stuff.
That's when it will hit home, when all the best sponsorship deals now go elsewhere to Liverpool, to City and others. Then United will start proper struggling to compete in the transfer market due to genuine lack of funds. That day is not too far away.
I hope i am wrong
You are not wrong, was reading an article that Liverpool are catching up in terms of revenue, United board are so arrogant and they cannot see all the signs of a power shift in terms of big revenues? Once liverpool win the premiership, they will be able to negotiate better sponsorship deals, all the big sponsors need to be aligned with winners, that means clubs participating in champions league, i will expect both Liverpool and City to get to the champions league semi finals at least, their stock is rising, united as it is is a mid table club struggling to remain relevant, from top to bottom, the rot has finally crept in, this is manifested in an incompetent manager hired by the incompetent board

The players are so mediocre, the coaching set up naive, medical team clueless, look at the amount of growing injury, this is no mistake, last year, Woodward tried to save face by sacking Mourinho to cover up for his own failings, now they cannot afford to sack OGS due to the fact the spotlight will be put back on them, look at what we offered Fernandes in terms of add-on, bonus for winning premiership, champions league or finishing top 3 world best players? What a cheek from united and would add an insult on their intelligence, if this was Nigerians, they will call this advance fee fraud! Sporting should speak to their player and tell Woodward to go shove his #$% where the sun dont shine!

With Rashford out, we are simply phuucked! OGS has now promoted 3 under 23 to the full squad as we cannot attract any decent player in Europe, if united had good scouting, they should be in South America or Africa looking for talent! Total shambles!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:The full story is that Rashford has been playing with a single stress fracture in his back and a piece of floating bone in his ankle that requires surgery. He played through the pain (likely because Man Utd do not have many other striker options). Hence the back injury deteriorated and became a double stress fracture after the Wolves game.
Now is this a sign of negligence and inexperience on Ole's part, or is it desperation.
Pogba was also allegedly rushed back from injury and ended up needing an operation.
Or maybe the medical team is not doing well. Who knows.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Marko, see what Mourinho caused :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:Marko, see what Mourinho caused :)
To be quite honest, the rot started before Mourinho, if any united fans can be humble, we will certainly say LVG should have remained in that position, yes we were boring but he was building a new team with youth, won the FA cup and got sacked, yes Mourinho won the Europa league and finished 2nd the following year, so both managers can at least claim to have won something, the only issue with Mourinho was he gave up after the board refused him funds and he just gave up, what is needed is complete restructuring from top to bottom, appoint a credible director of football who will have the final say over team strategy, transfer targets and what not, decide a system of football and stick with it regardless of coaches or players, hire credible scouts who can spot real talent and nurture them, they do not cost that much!

right now our league position is so deceiving! we lose against Burnley and the others below us win, we drop to 8th position, if we do not sign players during this January transfer, finishing top 10 will be a tall order

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:Marko, see what Mourinho caused :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Cavani has submitted a transfer request. Proven goalscorer that can score with his head and both feet. Could be an excellent short term option either: (a) on loan for rest of season; and/or (b) permanent transfer for 1-2 years until Greenwood matures enough to be a regular starter (or Utd sign another striker).
decco1878
Egg
Egg

Post by decco1878 »

Chelses's hopes of signing Cavani this month have hit a snag with his wage demands currently a major issue. Cavani earns in excess of £360,000-a-week and is reluctant to take a pay cut - and a potential injury blow to Tammy Abraham could make things even more difficult.
Amid reports of issues getting a deal for Fernandes done, Sky Italy now report United have lined up Inter's Matias Vecino as a possible alternative. Such a deal would be dependent on the Serie A giants wrapping up a move for Tottenham's Christian Eriksen, however.
United are also on the hunt for a striker with Marcus Rashford sidelined for the foreseeable future - Foot Mercato in France suggest a £43m bid for Lyon's Moussa Dembele is incoming.
Stay tuned to Standard Sport for all the latest from Chelsea, Arsenal rumors, what's going on at Tottenham and the rest of the Premier League.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Interesting developments re: Hey Jude, shades of a young Jack Rodwell. Decent prospect, very. That said, there’s better in the ever blossoming oasis that is, the Championship. The birthplace of Gods.
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

I thought Tottenham was having it bad but damn ...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:The full story is that Rashford has been playing with a single stress fracture in his back and a piece of floating bone in his ankle that requires surgery. He played through the pain (likely because Man Utd do not have many other striker options). Hence the back injury deteriorated and became a double stress fracture after the Wolves game.
Now is this a sign of negligence and inexperience on Ole's part, or is it desperation.
Pogba was also allegedly rushed back from injury and ended up needing an operation.
Or maybe the medical team is not doing well. Who knows.
He got whacked in a game and the puts an end to United season
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...with all the deficiencies they have, they lack muscles. The midfielders, forwards are easily pushed aside (all on the small side). Defenders uncoordinated awkwardness.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

OGS cannot survive the likely saga but it will be unfair to sack him without Woodward replaced by a competent individual, no decent coach will come united without total control of transfer budget, they will likely give the job to Carrick who will just sit down and do nothing, Poch cannot damage his reputation by taking that job, its best if OGS stays till the end of the season, we finished anyway, he certainly cannot do any worse, if he is decent, he should resign, that will even be a powerful blow to the board and gain my ultimate respect but i feel the likely payout will be too good to lose

Right now, united coahing job is toxic, they have really and truly destroyed the club, if i was bruno fernandes, do not come united, they will set you up to fail and böame you like Pogbe to take the heat off the board, just be patient and you will get a decent club your talent deserves

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:OGS cannot survive the likely saga but it will be unfair to sack him without Woodward replaced by a competent individual, no decent coach will come united without total control of transfer budget, they will likely give the job to Carrick who will just sit down and do nothing, Poch cannot damage his reputation by taking that job, its best if OGS stays till the end of the season, we finished anyway, he certainly cannot do any worse, if he is decent, he should resign, that will even be a powerful blow to the board and gain my ultimate respect but i feel the likely payout will be too good to lose

Right now, united coahing job is toxic, they have really and truly destroyed the club, if i was bruno fernandes, do not come united, they will set you up to fail and böame you like Pogbe to take the heat off the board, just be patient and you will get a decent club your talent deserves
Why will Bruno not come, when there is easy money to be picked up at the money miss Road club. There is easy money to be made and very little pressure. The guy will be doubling if not making triple what he is currently on, and you don't want him to come, you sef.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:OGS cannot survive the likely saga but it will be unfair to sack him without Woodward replaced by a competent individual, no decent coach will come united without total control of transfer budget, they will likely give the job to Carrick who will just sit down and do nothing, Poch cannot damage his reputation by taking that job, its best if OGS stays till the end of the season, we finished anyway, he certainly cannot do any worse, if he is decent, he should resign, that will even be a powerful blow to the board and gain my ultimate respect but i feel the likely payout will be too good to lose

Why will Bruno not come, when there is easy money to be picked up at the money miss Road club. There is easy money to be made and very little pressure. The guy will be doubling if not making triple what he is currently on, and you don't want him to come, you sef.
Well i am only looking out for him, seems the only reason he wants to come united then is for easy money, well money is the root of all evils! He will live to regret that action, the man better be patient and wait until after the Euros! United is toxic

Marko