Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

MAN UTD PREPARING FOR ALLEGRI APPOINTMENT

Manchester United are keen to appoint Massimiliano Allegri as their new manager if results continue to go south under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, claims a report in Italy.

The former Juventus manager has emerged as United’s No 1 choice to take over at Old Trafford, claims Tuttosport, with the Red Devils down in eighth place in the Premier League and giving serious thoughts to the Norwegian’s future.

As per the report, United are ready to move for Allegri sooner rather than later, with the Italian also emerging as possible future options for both Barcelona and Real Madrid, with doubts also emerging over Ernesto Valverde and Zinedine Zidane, respectively.

It’s suggested however that United have already sounded out the 52-year-old’s representatives over a move to United and want a deal in place to appoint him as and when they dispense of Solskjaer’s services.

Reports on Monday also suggested United want to sign Paulo Dybala again in January and growing links to Allegri will only heighten these claims with the Argentine a big favourite of the latter at Juventus.

As per the article in Tuttosport, Laurent Blanc is United’s second choice to Allegri should they part company with Solskjaer

Link - https://www.teamtalk.com/news/euro-pape ... ike-target

The sharks are out and baying for OGS blood! he must be feeling the pressure now, he wanted to park the bus against West Ham Mourinho style and forgot that
is what got him sacked from the job, Sadly he will have to make way for a more experienced coach
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

What’s sad about it? Ole Gunn Osuofia was destined to fail, “history repeats itself and that’s just how it goes, same way that Elvis did with rock and roll...”. Wigan showed Mazi Osuofia to be clueless and United, having danced the merry dance of hymns of old, “young British”, “United DNA”, “promotion of youth” and various other raras, will now pay the price for their tomfoolery. Hilarious.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...safe to say United management is as poor as 3rd world football clubs. Completely clueless, I think Ole will be humiliated when he is sacked, and may never show face or say pim about football tactic and coaching.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:...safe to say United management is as poor as 3rd world football clubs. Completely clueless, I think Ole will be humiliated when he is sacked, and may never show face or say pim about football tactic and coaching.
Sadly i think you right, it does not pay to be a yes man to the Glazers and Woodward, they will not hesistate to throw him to the wolves, he might fade into obscurity, thats why he needs to do the right thing and resign because the board are incompetent, just the same way they publicly backed Mourinho but disgraced him out of the job, lightning will strike again

The Glazers have proven to be all about sharing united revenues with shareholders and investors, unwilling to re-invest in the club, this season will not be pleasing to the eye
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:
mcal wrote:...safe to say United management is as poor as 3rd world football clubs. Completely clueless, I think Ole will be humiliated when he is sacked, and may never show face or say pim about football tactic and coaching.
Sadly i think you right, it does not pay to be a yes man to the Glazers and Woodward, they will not hesistate to throw him to the wolves, he might fade into obscurity, thats why he needs to do the right thing and resign because the board are incompetent, just the same way they publicly backed Mourinho but disgraced him out of the job, lightning will strike again

The Glazers have proven to be all about sharing united revenues with shareholders and investors, unwilling to re-invest in the club, this season will not be pleasing to the eye

If Ole resigns will Marko pay him off?

He is waiting to be sacked so that he can make a windfall.

Mourinho stopped 'coaching' Man U after the preseason. He was just waiting t be sacked and get rewarded handsomely. You think people just resign anyhow?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:

Mourinho stopped 'coaching' Man U after the preseason. He was just waiting t be sacked and get rewarded handsomely. You think people just resign anyhow?
I thought there was still intergrity left in human beings! No matter what happens, he will always get my respect as a player! Shame the job too big for him or sacrifical lamb!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

United fans are funny,how can you say the club has not invested?
You guys bought wrong players and over paid for them.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:United fans are funny,how can you say the club has not invested?
You guys bought wrong players and over paid for them.
invested in the wrong players due to not have the proper structures in place, no director of football, from top to bottom, just pure garbage! Woodward was saying all the right things yesterday when announcing united massive revenues, i was left wandering if it was the same club he was referring to, he saw the game live on Sunday, if we made 650M, re-invest 150 million in players

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:

I thought there was still intergrity left in human beings! No matter what happens, he will always get my respect as a player! Shame the job too big for him or sacrifical lamb!
So where should we still start looking for this integrity, the board who are in it for the money or the coach whom they hire to use or the average players they placed on obscene wages or the agents fawning around looking for deals for themselves while pretending they have the interest of the players or the Clowns of 92 who hounded coaches with results out of United while shouting United way? Man mi forget integrity, it got muddled up in the hazy cloud of business transaction. Let Ole enjoy his pay out he deserves it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:

So where should we still start looking for this integrity, the board who are in it for the money or the coach whom they hire to use or the average players they placed on obscene wages or the agents fawning around looking for deals for themselves while pretending they have the interest of the players or the Clowns of 92 who hounded coaches with results out of United while shouting United way? Man mi forget integrity, it got muddled up in the hazy cloud of business transaction. Let Ole enjoy his pay out he deserves it.
well perhaps i am old fashioned and thought integrity might still exist, on the other hand, for Paul Pogba to stay at united, the deal is he wants 600,000 Euros a week, small change to united, sure they can afford that, they gave it to Sanchez without getting anything in return

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/real-madr ... e150m-star

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This game has so many sliding doors moments. 4 years ago Ollie Rathbone scored this sensational goal from 40 yards out for Man Utd's youth team. His team-mates (including a 17yo Rashford, Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson, and Dean Henderson) celebrated with him. Rathbone has since moved on to Rochdale, and today will return to Old Trafford to play against his former team-mates.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Struggling against Rochdale at home! Man U should be disbanded :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

wanaj0 wrote:Struggling against Rochdale at home! Man U should be disbanded :)
They will win 2-1 notwithstanding. :mrgreen:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:Struggling against Rochdale at home! Man U should be disbanded :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This one na 911. They’ve given 6 mins fergie time to rescue the win.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Pks coming up. Kai.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ManU survives via pks.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well Rochdale played out of their skin, united is a poorly coached team, meanwhile Chelsea demolish a team 7-1, Arsenal might just whack us, positives, loads of youngsters on the pitch, Chong needs to add more confidence to his game

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

They need to DISBAND the team. As the team is currently, they are beyond redemption!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:Well Rochdale played out of their skin, united is a poorly coached team, meanwhile Chelsea demolish a team 7-1, Arsenal might just whack us, positives, loads of youngsters on the pitch, Chong needs to add more confidence to his game
They did not. They are aware that Man U is at same level with them. No fear factor at all. If Rochdale was playing at home, they would have given Ole and the boy 2 KONDO!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I do not believe Man U are bad. Not until Chelsea can beat them 4 - 0 again.

Ole is just SOOL.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am clutching at straws/looking for anything to cheer me up...

Lovely moment for young Axel Tuanzebe to captain the team tonight against Rochdale (in a starting 11 featuring Pogba, Jones, Mark Red, and Lingard). He arrived in England from DR Congo as a little boy unable to speak English, got straight As in his GCSE exams at school, and has captained Man Utd at every age level. His first team captaincy debut comes against Rochdale - the town he grew up in. Very romantic story. Very happy for the lad and his family.

I am just glad that he made the first team 3-4 years after I first highlighted him on this forum as one to watch for the future and who should be elevated to the first team.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:I am clutching at straws/looking for anything to cheer me up...

Lovely moment for young Axel Tuanzebe to captain the team tonight against Rochdale (in a starting 11 featuring Pogba, Jones, Mark Red, and Lingard). He arrived in England from DR Congo as a little boy unable to speak English, got straight As in his GCSE exams at school, and has captained Man Utd at every age level. His first team captaincy debut comes against Rochdale - the town he grew up in. Very romantic story. Very happy for the lad and his family.

I am just glad that he made the first team 3-4 years after I first highlighted him on this forum as one to watch for the future and who should be elevated to the first team.
He looked very Assured in defence, definitely should be starting more games, he looks more composed than Lindelof, yesterday was a tragic case of poor coaching, we tried to use the wings but we dont have players that are good in the air, times and times, we tried the same pattern and the results were the same, we had ball players and they should have been more direct, why Pogba was playing deep? against Rochdale of all teams? Even Pogba should have scored a header! Greenwood goal came from being more direct, a quick turn on his favoured left foot, If this boy gets these opportunities, he can certainly finish, Yes united should be given time but i am sorry, i do not have faith in OGS coaching, he had no ability to change the game yesterday, we could have beaten them like 7 goals if the formation and tactics were right, to think Rochdale are 17th in league one, they came to wipe the feet with united! just terrible

Marko