Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by ohsee »

YemiBrazil wrote:Man City 1 Man United 2 ... and we all scream......

Rashy! Rashy!! Rashy!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:D :D
Make I kuku join you: Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!! :D :thumbs: City are dead and buried. :thumbs:

Don't forgetting to be included one Win-Wan Bassaka! That boy is a wall! :thumbs:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Great performance by United today. Wan Bissaka is very impressive.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We are vert inconsistent, how do you explain beating the top sides and losing against the mid table sides! That been said, it was a good result, we could have scored 5 in the 1st half, we came we a game plan and stuck to it
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cally wrote:Great performance by United today. Wan Bissaka is very impressive.
...he is great at one on one tackle/defending, but still inconsistent exchanging ball at the back.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:
Cally wrote:Great performance by United today. Wan Bissaka is very impressive.
...he is great at one on one tackle/defending, but still inconsistent exchanging ball at the back.
AWB is young and will learn provided we have a good coach like Pep who can improve players, one on one, you will not go past him, saw Sterling go past him once in 90 mins! He had to drift to the centre as he was getting no joy on that side, City is a hard team to nullify but if you go at them, you stand a fighting chance
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

First away win (?) for United in a long time :mrgreen:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kako wrote:First away win (?) for United in a long time :mrgreen:
Yes but a well deserved victory

Marko
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

United has been disappointing lately which made me avoid watching the game against City altogether but, a quick visit on CE led me to go find the game and watch it. We don't have the talents of City or Pool but our lads are starting to show a lot of concentration, energy, dedication, and determination to win, not only games but the little fights within a match. McTominay, Fred, Wan-Bissaka, specially are monsters. What do we now do with Pogba, great player, big personality, the talent, well we all know. I can't put Fred or McTominay on the bench for Pogba. The team is moving faster than Pogba, he will come in and slow things down changing the face of today's team.

The last two wins are to be celebrated. :clap:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

joplass wrote:United has been disappointing lately which made me avoid watching the game against City altogether but, a quick visit on CE led me to go find the game and watch it. We don't have the talents of City or Pool but our lads are starting to show a lot of concentration, energy, dedication, and determination to win, not only games but the little fights within a match. McTominay, Fred, Wan-Bissaka, specially are monsters. What do we now do with Pogba, great player, big personality, the talent, well we all know. I can't put Fred or McTominay on the bench for Pogba. The team is moving faster than Pogba, he will come in and slow things down changing the face of today's team.

The last two wins are to be celebrated. :clap:
Pogba should be playing with Perreira plays! right now, Mctomminay/ Fred cannot be dropped! against the smaller teams where we lacked innovation, that is where Pogba comes in to thread through those killer passes, i believe Pogba injury cost us some games and draws, we do not have any player with the skill and vision of Pogba, the front 3 of rashford, martial, james will thrive when Pogba gets back, his assist record speaks for itself

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Horses for courses, Lingard ran and ran and ran, most of it aimless, but great confusion is caused by the running man. Step outside and set off in a full sprint, watch how many look on bewildered, more interestingly, watch how many abandon what they're doing and start running much the same. Both Mourinho and Pep, managers will all the world's accolades on a mantel piece, beaten, sans Big Boy P Squared. Perhaps a round of applause for those on the field rather than those off it.
Last edited by Coach on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:Horses for causes, Lingard ran and ran and ran, most of it aimless, but great confusion is caused by the running man. Step outside and set off in a full sprint, watch how many look on bewildered, more interestingly, watch how many abandon what they're doing and start running much the same. Both Mourinho and Pep, managers will all the world's accolades on a mantel piece, beaten, sans Big Boy P Squared. Perhaps a round of applause for those on the field rather than those off it.
like i said, City could not handle the pace of united front 4, they tried to deny us the ball, even Rodri, a decent midfielder had no joy, they tried and tried, Sterling went past AWB just once in 90 minutes and after he completely locked shop, he had to drift to the middle but AWB followed him everywhere, that they scored from a set piece was testament to united defending as a team, we await them at Old Trafford!

watch how Liverpool played City, they used pace and destroyed them! easier said than done

what united lack is strength in depth like City/ Liverpool, we do not have the ability to change things from the bench, the likes of matic/ mata/ jones/ young need to leave united, i will even add Perreira unless he steps up, January, we have to buy, its that simple

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Perreira is sh*te, this notion of "stepping up" is overrated. He's been given the stage on many occasions and played himself out of contention.

As for City, they've lost their spine, Laporte, Fernandinho, Aguero...they're jellyfish now, still capable of a sting, but the remedy is simply to take the piss. United did so, as did the Reds.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:Perreira is sh*te, this notion of "stepping up" is overrated. He's been given the stage on many occasions and played himself out of contention.

As for City, they've lost their spine, Laporte, Fernandinho, Aguero...they're jellyfish now, still capable of a sting, but the remedy is simply to take the piss. United did so, as did the Reds.
We should listen to offers for Perreira, unlike Fred who has stepped up, he is proven to be a liability on the pitch

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
Coach wrote:Perreira is sh*te, this notion of "stepping up" is overrated. He's been given the stage on many occasions and played himself out of contention.

We should listen to offers for Perreira, unlike Fred who has stepped up, he is proven to be a liability on the pitch
I believe Pereira just like Fred have been misunderstood.
They haven't been getting enough run of games and in the best positions with the right people to compliment them.
Just 2 games ago people were screaming at Fred, but soon as McTominay came back Fred is seen in a different.light.

Anyway, from what i can see and what i heard Ed Woodward say, Ole has been given a mandate to take his time and get his thing going, there is no rush from the board, they seem to have learnt their lesson and will give him time and backing.

It will remain to be seen how they back him, but the Cultural Reboot that Ed Woodward talked about might not be a bad idea
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Manchester United don't expect title bid until 2022

Manchester United's owners, the Glazer family, have sanctioned a three-year plan to restore the club's on-field fortunes, with sources having told ESPN FC there is now an acceptance the team is unlikely to challenge for the Premier League until the 2021-22 season at the earliest.

With traditional rivals Manchester City and Liverpool setting the standard in domestic and European football, the United hierarchy have noted how at Anfield, in particular, they have arrived at their status after rebuilding behind the scenes and backing manager Jurgen Klopp during the German's difficult first 18 months in charge.

United, the most successful club in English football with 20 league titles, have not won the Premier League since 2012-13 -- the final season of Sir Alex Ferguson's 27-year reign as manager.

And in the six seasons since, under the management of David Moyes, Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho and now Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, United have finished an average of 21.5 points behind the eventual champions.

Under Solskjaer, United have made an unconvincing start to the campaign, with the team sitting in eighth position, 10 points behind leaders Liverpool after six games.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said on Tuesday, during a conference call with the club's investors, that Solskjaer needed to be afforded "patience" in his attempts to overhaul the squad and make United competitive again at the top level of the Premier League.

And sources with knowledge of the club's plans have told ESPN FC that the "patience" of the United hierarchy extends to the belief that the so-called "cultural reset" cited by Woodward last season will require three full seasons, and accompanying transfer windows, before the mistakes of the post-Ferguson years can be properly rectified.

As well as investing in the playing squad, United are also determined to improve their structure off the pitch, with the search for a technical director still ongoing.

But while United view this summer's transfer dealings as being a positive signpost of the way ahead, it is only regarded as a starting point, with the gap between Solskjaer's squad and those at Liverpool and City still vast in terms of depth and quality.

And although the three-year plan is not a guarantee of Solskjaer being at the helm for the entire period of the rebuild, the Norwegian is aware of the club's decision to build for the long-term rather attempt a quick fix.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd is a strange team. Losses to Bournemouth, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, and West Ham. Yet they are undefeated in their 6 games against the top 6 this season and are the only team to avoid defeat against Liverpool this season. They have also drawn 6 times this season - and they were winning each of those games until they conceded late equalisers. Those draws included Villa and Southampton (4th and 3rd from bottom). Had they held on for victory in those games, they would have an extra 12 points and be third in the table.

Ole's overall record against other top 6 clubs: played 13, won 7, drawn 4, lost only 2.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Man Utd is a strange team. Losses to Bournemouth, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, and West Ham. Yet they are undefeated in their 6 games against the top 6 this season and are the only team to avoid defeat against Liverpool this season. They have also drawn 6 times this season - and they were winning each of those games until they conceded late equalisers. Those draws included Villa and Southampton (4th and 3rd from bottom). Had they held on for victory in those games, they would have an extra 12 points and be third in the table.

Ole's record against other top 6 clubs: played 13, won 7, drawn 4, lost only 2.
Could that mean Ole and his managerial team are on to something.
What of they master how to beat small teams.

The only issue will be with how they won those games against the so called big teams , it was mostly counter attacking, and real solid defending, but we can argue there is potential to get more quality in midfield and attack
I remember Liverpool under Klopp's early days was a bit like that, but the difference was against big teams they were really dominant majority of the time.

Well you never know, let's see how it goes
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

how OGS defeat these small team will define him as a manager, once Pogba gets back and slots easily into that 10 role, then we will start to carve open tight defences

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Pereira's best position is as a number 10 (as he showed against Southampton last season and Liverpool this season). However he is not experienced or tactically sound enough to be entrusted permananetly to that position. The one thing he is the best in the squad at is delivering whipped, dipping, curling crosses into the box with pinpoint accuracy. If there was a way to bring him on just for crosses and set pieces (American football style) he would be ace.

The front 4 will get the praise and attention. However I think AWB was an absolute rock at RB. He anaesthetised Sterling (who is probably the best winger in the world not called Neymar or Hazard). If he stays fit, Man Utd may have solved their RB problem for the next 10 years (and Dalot may have to seek employment elsewhere).
marko wrote:

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:how OGS defeat these small team will define him as a manager, once Pogba gets back and slots easily into that 10 role, then we will start to carve open tight defences
You are currently better without Pogba's too big for united attitude.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:how OGS defeat these small team will define him as a manager, once Pogba gets back and slots easily into that 10 role, then we will start to carve open tight defences
You are currently better without Pogba's too big for united attitude.
No we not! We miss someone with his creativity, he was our top scorer last season playing in a more attacking role and also top assist record, now that Mctom/Fred are doing well in central midfield, let Pogba come in and open up tight defences in the final third, Martial will be so happy to receive those through balls

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Loved it when Scotty Mac went over to confront the Man City crowd after they pelted Fred with missiles. One player asking a stand with 10,000 enemy supporters if they are hard enough to take him on. :D Loved it. Have not seen that type of madness since 1995 when Paul Ince confronted the Crystal Palace crowd and told them "we will take on all of you" (in that infamous game when Cantona kicked that Palace fan)
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mason Greenwood, the 2nd coming, do not like to hype players up but this kid can score with either foot, reminds me of Van Persie, he will be a superstar no doubt, natural finisher, any comments?

Marko