Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Let's be honest VAR was made for United
And VAR disallowed a legit Rashford goal and gave Bournemouth a dubious penalty
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

How could that ref give Man U that penalty? The AVL player was fouled by Fernandes, yet he gets the penalty.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The Vila player walked into Fernandes's "space" creating contact but I am not sure if that PK was deserved.
balo wrote:How could that ref give Man U that penalty? The AVL player was fouled by Fernandes, yet he gets the penalty.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

joplass wrote:The Vila player walked into Fernandes's "space" creating contact but I am not sure if that PK was deserved.
balo wrote:How could that ref give Man U that penalty? The AVL player was fouled by Fernandes, yet he gets the penalty.

It was not. He is a defender in a contact sport. How do you mean he walked into Fenabdes' space? Fernandes it was that stepped on the player's leg.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That ref should go for confessions at the next Sunday Mass or else he and his other compromised refs will rot in hell.

That said it is good to see that United have finally found a way to use Mason in a manner that best maximises his potential. Everyone hail the new baby assassin of United. The free floating role is what I was talking about. The good thing is the boy is now more mobile and offering himself for more service, that is an improvement in his game, it was not there before. Now he is doing more than just waiting to shoot for goal. But boy oh boy when that boy lines it up it is a fire gone conclusion.

Bruno Hernandez, what a season changer he was, Ole saved his job with the signing of this gem. Get some decent center half's and a more productive left back, United are back in business, especially with the likes of ref Moss still around.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

balo wrote:
joplass wrote:The Vila player walked into Fernandes's "space" creating contact but I am not sure if that PK was deserved.

It was not. He is a defender in a contact sport. How do you mean he walked into Fenabdes' space? Fernandes it was that stepped on the player's leg.
That was pure speculation from my part trying to understand why it was a pk. The only reasonable explanation I could think of is that the defender created contact by walking into the area where Fernandes was stepping into. Not arguing the legitimately of the pk at all.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

joplass wrote:
balo wrote:

That was pure speculation from my part trying to understand why it was a pk. The only reasonable explanation I could think of is that the defender created contact by walking into the area where Fernandes was stepping into. Not arguing the legitimately of the pk at all.
Space he would have walked into,? Common the defender had his leg behind the ball, and Hernandez jumped doing a barbers chair turn in the air. He landed on the leg on the defender he could have broken the defenders leg.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:
joplass wrote:
balo wrote:

Space he would have walked into? Common the defender had his leg behind the ball, and Hernandez jumped doing a barbers chair turn in the air. He landed on the leg on the defender he could have broken the defenders leg.

In case Joplass wasn't watching the game:

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

It is Moss we are talking about here.

As Wenger said, not one Premier league referee went to the 2018 World Cup for a reason.

“If I die, I am going to ask God where the referees are before choosing between heaven & hell.” - Arsène Wenge
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

If that was Arsenal I promise you our player would’ve got a red for stamping on the defenders ankle
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Where were you guys just a few days ago when Ref & VAR were dancing kpalongo against United?

Penalty or not, Aston Villa has no chance against this moving train :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Not a penalty but il gladly take it! Mason, on this form, if he continues will make the Euro 21 squad! So happy for Pogba, nice finish and assist from Bruno, as Oloye said, saved his job! Still dont rate him as a coach but credit where credit is due, the team has finally picked itself!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

.. and for me, that's a penalty all day - how dare you obstruct Bruno?? :taunt: :mrgreen:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

YemiBrazil wrote:.. and for me, that's a penalty all day - how dare you obstruct Bruno?? :taunt: :mrgreen:
So disappointed in him, I thought he could give Salah a run for his money this week. Alas! He performed woefully. :)

Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

oloye wrote:That ref should go for confessions at the next Sunday Mass or else he and his other compromised refs will rot in hell.

That said it is good to see that United have finally found a way to use Mason in a manner that best maximises his potential. Everyone hail the new baby assassin of United. The free floating role is what I was talking about. The good thing is the boy is now more mobile and offering himself for more service, that is an improvement in his game, it was not there before. Now he is doing more than just waiting to shoot for goal. But boy oh boy when that boy lines it up it is a fire gone conclusion.

Bruno Hernandez, what a season changer he was, Ole saved his job with the signing of this gem. Get some decent center half's and a more productive left back, United are back in business, especially with the likes of ref Moss still around.
So in your summation, the likes of ref Moss were responsible for United's 10 straight victories? :o You just spoiled your brilliant analysis with bad belle :taunt: :taunt:
KK
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Whenever that Mason Greenwood boy scores VAR no dey enter conversation at all unless VAR referee just want to enjoy the perfection or annoy the opponent :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

United are in that space now where if they make the right moves this summer, they could challenge for the title next season. However, if they botch it, they will be back fighting for top 4. They should not FOOOOK THIS UP!

RW
CAM
CDM
CB
LB

These are a MUST. Dont be sucked in by Matic. I know Matic very well. He is playing well because he needed a new contract. Same thing as Eric Dier at Tottenham--- and that was what Matheiu Flamini did at Arsenal and AC Milan.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote:United are in that space now where if they make the right moves this summer, they could challenge for the title next season. However, if they botch it, they will be back fighting for top 4. They should not FOOOOK THIS UP!

RW
CAM
CDM
CB
LB

These are a MUST. Dont be sucked in by Matic. I know Matic very well. He is playing well because he needed a new contract. Same thing as Eric Dier at Tottenham--- and that was what Matheiu Flamini did at Arsenal and AC Milan.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:United are in that space now where if they make the right moves this summer, they could challenge for the title next season. However, if they botch it, they will be back fighting for top 4. They should not FOOOOK THIS UP!

RW
CAM
CDM
CB
LB

Sancho, Zakaria then I don't know the rest.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:

RW
CAM
CDM
CB
LB

Sancho, Zakaria then I don't know the rest.
Sancho/Depay/Neres
Lemar/ Harvetz (will be tough because he will want to be a starter)/Van D Beek/ Maddison/ Grealish/ Ramsey
Ndidi/ Partey
Koulibaly/Bednarek/O'Donnel (they can go for a young English back-up. Someone like Ben White, although Leeds promotion is an issue)
Chillwell/Tagliafico

**I dont trust Lindelof as a starter. I dont think he is even good enough to be their 3rd choice.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Chelsea lost last night, so as it is, united, if they beat Southampton could leapfrog them into 4th if we win, if Leicester dont win today, there is even that possibility to go 3rd! Will be a tough game but the way Our strikers are scoring, especially Greenwood, our in-form striker, we should be able to do the business, its only fair that united, the in-form team in the premiership, we should beat a team like Southampton

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Grealish auditioning for Man U and Fernandez' job.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

balo wrote:Grealish auditioning for Man U and Fernandez' job.
Hazard style at Chelsea :mrgreen:

I'm watching highlights of Sheffield United against Chelsea again. Should be at least 5-0