Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

The funny part if that Leicester already had a replacement from last season-- the croatian kid they loaned out to Celtic, who was fantastic under Rodgers there. Thats why they spat at United, when United kept offering the likes of Smalling and Jones. :lol: They brought the kid back and pocketed 85 mil! :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

United preparing for No Deal Brexit.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Virgil van Dijk [£75m]
Lucas Hernandez [£68m]
Matthijs de Ligt [£67.8m]
Aymeric Laporte [£57m]

Harry Maguire £80m. :shock: Maguire is just Phil Jones with a larger head.
I would have preferred for Man Utd to develop Tuanzebe and save the Maguire money for a good DM (Ruben Neves is the EPL's best passer of the ball from deep I have seen this side of Carrick).

Coach wrote:How much did Juve pay for De Ligt? Ole Goner YesMan is trying too hard to follow a Ferguson script and score brownie with the Fleet Street, all things English, Brexiteer boys brigade. The same poison pen pushers will be Johnny Foreignering his hide by the winter solstice. Prick.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:Thing is United fans sometimes don't do themselves favours.
I saw some video end of last season a United fan abusing Pogba at Old Trafford. Players are like a community, so they also watched that, and the foreign ones will think twice about Old Trafford when they see such stuff.

Factor in that United no longer has a manager with that pull factor, i mean which world class players want to be improving their trajectory under Ole Gunnar.

So United will now be going in a different trajectory, and that is one thing i was.worried about when it became clear that Jose is coming to an end, I've never trusted United to replace him well. Amyway i think United fans are in for a shoddy ride, but they made their bed and they must lie in it.
i had never thought about that until recently

hmm, this coming season is gonna be very interesting
I understand Dybala had reservations about playing under Solksjaer.
Under Ole, United will be attracting English players who value playing for United and other young hungry players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
I saw some video end of last season a United fan abusing Pogba at Old Trafford. Players are like a community, so they also watched that, and the foreign ones will think twice about Old Trafford when they see such stuff.

Factor in that United no longer has a manager with that pull factor, i mean which world class players want to be improving their trajectory under Ole Gunnar.

So United will now be going in a different trajectory, and that is one thing i was.worried about when it became clear that Jose is coming to an end, I've never trusted United to replace him well. Amyway i think United fans are in for a shoddy ride, but they made their bed and they must lie in it.

Under Ole, United will be attracting English players who value playing for United and other young hungry players.
Why pay ridiculous amount for average players?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

You guys didn't get Dybala and Bruno?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:shock: Harry Maguire at 80 million is insane! MANU, this is over the top!! . English players are always over-hyped :roll: :woot:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

80 million on Maguire :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wanaj0 wrote:
benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:

Why pay ridiculous amount for average players?
Manu has the money and consider him a good player,English man and news on the street he marshall their defense to last world cup semi.He look the part so Manu go for him.Remember another man meat is another man poison.He will do well in their Europa competition.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Bigpokey24 wrote:80 million on Maguire :rotf:
More like 80 million swindle :woot: :lol:

This will no doubt be one of their most overpriced and worst signings ever, along with Di Maria, Falcao, etc. Hehehe. :woot: :woot:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I doubt Dybala would be a good signing. It has Di Maria written all over it. Being forced out of his club to make room for new signings, does not really want to move to Man Utd, making crazy wage demands. Move on and next please....
balo wrote:You guys didn't get Dybala and Bruno?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I expect Maguire to be very good. I like him.

He isnt worth half that transfer fee, because frankly that was ridiculous. But he is someone I would have gotten if I was the United manager.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:I expect Maguire to be very good. I like him.

He isnt worth half that transfer fee, because frankly that was ridiculous. But he is someone I would have gotten if I was the United manager.
I think we need to erase everything we previously understood about transfer fees, the game has changed.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:

I think we need to erase everything we previously understood about transfer fees, the game has changed.
Sure! we can do so and Musa can be sold for 300 million? Abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The truth is that sh1t players or average players still go for a reasonable amount.

I mean, Dortmund just bought Schulz, Brandt and Hazard for 70 million pounds. Three players, 2 of whom are German National Team Players and the other a Belgian national team player.

I can provide you with others. This isn't an issue of an inflated transfer market. its an issue of clubs that fail to prepare and instead are willing to be robbed in daylight.

2017--- United could have bought Maguire for 17 million. They chose not to.
2018-- United could have bought Maguire for about 45 million (not that he was worth it anyway). They chose not to.
2019-- they decided to spend 80 million in the last week of the window :rotf: :rotf:

This is incompetence bro... lets not blame the mercato.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Sure! we can do so and Musa can be sold for 300 million? Abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The truth is that sh1t players or average players still go for a reasonable amount.

I mean, Dortmund just bought Schulz, Brandt and Hazard for 70 million pounds. Three players, 2 of whom are German National Team Players and the other a Belgian national team player.

I can provide you with others. This isn't an issue of an inflated transfer market. its an issue of clubs that fail to prepare and instead are willing to be robbed in daylight.

2017--- United could have bought Maguire for 17 million. They chose not to.
2018-- United could have bought Maguire for about 45 million (not that he was worth it anyway). They chose not to.
2019-- they decided to spend 80 million in the last week of the window :rotf: :rotf:

This is incompetence bro... lets not blame the mercato.
Maguire is not even as good as that Ivorian boy sef. Mscheew.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Look united are in no position to haggle and choose, we did not qualify for champions league which means we have to pay over the odds for any top player, its that simple, players do not see united as a choice destination any longer, thats why the likes of Dybala were having 2nd thoughts and yes united is a step down from Juventus, what we need now are practical players, not expensive ones, we need to qualify for champions league next season, Maguire is a decent player, i saw him last season and against the top teams, he has done pretty well, he will be a welcome addition to united, forget about transfer fees, English players are very expensive
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Look united are in no position to haggle and choose, we did not qualify for champions league which means we have to pay over the odds for any top player, its that simple, players do not see united as a choice destination any longer, thats why the likes of Dybala were having 2nd thoughts and yes united is a step down from Juventus, what we need now are practical players, not expensive ones, we need to qualify for champions league next season, Maguire is a decent player, i saw him last season and against the top teams, he has done pretty well, he will be a welcome addition to united, forget about transfer fees, English players are very expensive
Yep, people are acting as if United has world class players falling over each other to come to Old Trafford.
That's clearly not the case anymore especially with a manager like Ole.
United will have to make do with whatever they can get.
It's not the end of the world.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

80 million Maguire isn't worldclass....they claim he had a good worldcup, but when England faced better teams at the worldcup he was lost.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Can I ask Man United fans here - do you really need Christian Eriksen at your club?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kenmega wrote:Can I ask Man United fans here - do you really need Christian Eriksen at your club?
You can ask the scouts and manager. Maybe they need him for something.
But at that point you start to ask yourself if it was better if they tried to get Nicholas Pepe
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:Can I ask Man United fans here - do you really need Christian Eriksen at your club?
Their midfield lacks creativity. They needed at least 2 midfielders at the start of the season, after losing Fellaini. Then they went on to lose Herrera. In my opinion, they now need 3 midfielders. Unfortunately, they have no sense and have no clue how to prepare for a season.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...like Maguire, they both have been at the mountain top, and may not have enough in the tank to offer.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *