Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 pm
benteke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:06 am
mcal wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 am
benteke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:23 am I think Ole might have lost himself a whole lot of United fans yesterday, it will take a lot for him to win back support.
...so you blaming the coach for Wan Basaka's red card, and Lingard's no look back pass.

I'm talking about general sentiment amongst the United fans, it's not only about those two individual errors, there's a lot more that fans are blaming him for last night.
There is a good reason why many here are still not confident even when the team has produced some big wins so far this season, they know something like that is always around the corner :laugh:

Bro, stop making excuses! YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT! Dont let losers make you feel bad for wanting to win! Can you imagine?? Do NOT explain sh111t to them! Chelsea went to Anfield, got a red card and they fought Liverpool. These ones want to blame a red card when they have spend half a billion and cannot even draw against a bunch of young boys. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: fooking loser mentality!
...did Chelsea get a red at Liverpool?
Did Chelsea fought back at Liverpool?
Did they win or draw at Liverpool?
If all your answers above is yes yes and yes, then that's what was expected of your Man United at Young Boys :?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 pm
...did Chelsea get a red at Liverpool?
Did Chelsea fought back at Liverpool?
Did they win or draw at Liverpool?
If all your answers above is yes yes and yes, then that's what was expected of your Man United at Young Boys :?
[/quote]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The long awaited return of Phil Jones (remember him? - still on the payroll, has not played a game in almost 2 years). He will be in the squad for tomorrow’s Carabao Cup match against West Ham.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wiseone wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:40 pm The long awaited return of Phil Jones (remember him? - still on the payroll, has not played a game in almost 2 years). He will be in the squad for tomorrow’s Carabao Cup match against West Ham.
Ole at the wheels :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Where is Jadon Sancho? Dortmund was far better for him. I hope Bellingham is taking notes.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

joplass wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:31 pm
theYemster wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:01 am Yet another reason why I feel Ronaldo is greater than Messi. He welcomes challenges while Messi prefers comfort. Had Messi gone to the EPL he likely would've joined City.
CR7 is better than Messi. Messi collects those personal accolades because I suspect he has a more likable personality. Out those Messi's awards one should have gone to Xavi and one to Iniesta. The higher the challenge the taller CR7 stands.
I used to be on the fence with regards to the Messi v Ronaldo debate but I've come to rate Ronaldo higher. The fact that Messi left Barcelona after spending the better part of his career playing in a loaded team alongside Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta and Xavi only to join another star studded team with Neymar, Mbappe, etc just says something about his mentality.

Great players challenge themselves.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

balo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:37 am
...he wasted valuable seconds left for his side to score and tie the match.
Stuff like that, the ref don't stop his watch for a losing side who is deliberately wasting time.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cristao II wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:09 pm Where is Jadon Sancho? Dortmund was far better for him. I hope Bellingham is taking notes.
...he and van de Beek should have stayed at former home. Given chance yesterday, they could't hack it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:22 am
theYemster wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:01 am Yet another reason why I feel Ronaldo is greater than Messi. He welcomes challenges while Messi prefers comfort. Had Messi gone to the EPL he likely would've joined City.
CR7 is better than Messi. Messi collects those personal accolades because I suspect he has a more likable personality. Out those Messi's awards one should have gone to Xavi and one to Iniesta. The higher the challenge the taller CR7 stands.
I used to be on the fence with regards to the Messi v Ronaldo debate but I've come to rate Ronaldo higher. The fact that Messi left Barcelona after spending the better part of his career playing in a loaded team alongside Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta and Xavi only to join another star studded team with Neymar, Mbappe, etc just says something about his mentality.

Does it say something about his mentality or does it say something about the 1% of clubs, which can afford to pay his wages.

I know you are angry and hurt that he didnt join Arsenal, like you shockingly dreamed about. But calm down and have perspective. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Is Anthony Martial tearing net and being the best number 9 the world has ever known? :D
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:23 pm 'general sentiment' has always been around for him or any coach (including our SE Rohr :) ), win, lose or draw.
The yesterday match was specific in that blame lay on the players.
A star studded team like that don't collapse because they were playing a man down.
YB smell blood and pounced, playing them half field the rest of the game.
Do you think Manchester United will ever win a trophy under Ole?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

theYemster wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:22 am

Which club could he have gone too? Which clubs could afford him?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:11 am
mcal wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:23 pm 'general sentiment' has always been around for him or any coach (including our SE Rohr :) ), win, lose or draw.
The yesterday match was specific in that blame lay on the players.
A star studded team like that don't collapse because they were playing a man down.
YB smell blood and pounced, playing them half field the rest of the game.
Do you think Manchester United will ever win a trophy under Ole?
Big question!
United are in deep sh$t with Ole. They are not known to be ruthless with managers and this one comes with strong backing of the 'powerfuls'. The only way to get rid of him is for him to miss the champions league and win nothing, but the guy knows how to win when it really matters so the likelihood of missing the champions league is too low. He already defeated Man City, 3 or 4 times, all the top teams find it difficult against him. He went undefeated away from home in the EPL all through last season, and still undefeated this season. I hardly comment on United anymore because of him. He will shut you up many times but won't win anything, because somehow he gets super cautious when it's time to win. It's a road to nowhere.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

man united will never win a trophy under Ole- The Glazers brought Ole in to distract attention from them fleecing the club revenues, Ronaldo must have added millions to the club coffers, almost paid his own salary through commercial ventures, the same Ronaldo will lead to the downfall of OGS!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:19 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm 25 million for a goal scorer when your biggest problem is defensive midfield. I guess the hope is to outscore the opposition-- Juve learned the hard way

You guys still want a defensive midfielder? Or you are still hanging your hat on a 37 year old scoring 80 goals this season?

You guys want a defensive midfielder, or nah?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:36 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:19 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm 25 million for a goal scorer when your biggest problem is defensive midfield. I guess the hope is to outscore the opposition-- Juve learned the hard way

You guys still want a defensive midfielder? Or you are still hanging your hat on a 37 year old scoring 80 goals this season?

You guys want a defensive midfielder, or nah?

I think the problem is bigger than missing a better defensive midfielder.

United has a coaching team who can only think of sticking Fred and Mctominay in defensive midfield and then re arranging all other players around that.
Many teams figured out how to play around that long ago, but Ole and his team insist on that on important games.

Basically United is a poorly coached team
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 pm Big question!
United are in deep sh$t with Ole. They are not known to be ruthless with managers and this one comes with strong backing of the 'powerfuls'. The only way to get rid of him is for him to miss the champions league and win nothing, but the guy knows how to win when it really matters so the likelihood of missing the champions league is too low. He already defeated Man City, 3 or 4 times, all the top teams find it difficult against him. He went undefeated away from home in the EPL all through last season, and still undefeated this season. I hardly comment on United anymore because of him. He will shut you up many times but won't win anything, because somehow he gets super cautious when it's time to win. It's a road to nowhere.
I was kind of pleased Bruno missed that penalty.
Because now on comes a series of pretty tough fixtures on paper.
They might be the turning point for the board
But knowing Ole, he may ace all of them and then we find ourselves bewildered again :rotf:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:50 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 pm Big question!
I was kind of pleased Bruno missed that penalty.
Because now on comes a series of pretty tough fixtures on paper.
They might be the turning point for the board
But knowing Ole, he may ace all of them and then we find ourselves bewildered again :rotf:
It's only the players that can rescue us from this situation... this is a golden opportunity & Ole must not be rescued this time :mrgreen:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ronaldo rescues Ole.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Poor Unai Emery!!
Villareal players should be ashamed of themselves.
How many more chances did they need, and still choked
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

They have rescued him again. I celebrated that goal as a fan but I know deep that down that the torture continues :mrgreen: .

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

CR7
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)