Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by Coach »

A few seasons back, Kevin DePog was played deep-lying, much to the disbelief of the masses, by El Racisto, the outcome? Superlatives. A player of Pogba’s FIFA 20 Xbox rating, should be able to dominate from deep at home vs the Mighty Rochdale.
Last edited by Coach on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:A few seasons back, Kevin DePog was played deep-lying, much to the disbelief of the masses, by El Racisto, the outcome? Superlatives. A player of Pogba’s FIFA 20 Xbox rating, should be able to dominate from deep at home vs the Migthy Rochdale.
man was rusty! after been out for a month, I am happy he played 90 minutes at least, yes i admit his game was poor but considering the circumstances
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Utd don't expect title bid until 2022

Manchester United's owners, the Glazer family, have sanctioned a three-year plan to restore the club's on-field fortunes, with sources having told ESPN FC there is now an acceptance the team is unlikely to challenge for the Premier League until the 2021-22 season at the earliest.

With traditional rivals Manchester City and Liverpool setting the standard in domestic and European football, the United hierarchy have noted how at Anfield, in particular, they have arrived at their status after rebuilding behind the scenes and backing manager Jurgen Klopp during the German's difficult first 18 months in charge.

United, the most successful club in English football with 20 league titles, have not won the Premier League since 2012-13 -- the final season of Sir Alex Ferguson's 27-year reign as manager.

And in the six seasons since, under the management of David Moyes, Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho and now Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, United have finished an average of 21.5 points behind the eventual champions.

Under Solskjaer, United have made an unconvincing start to the campaign, with the team sitting in eighth position, 10 points behind leaders Liverpool after six games.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said on Tuesday, during a conference call with the club's investors, that Solskjaer needed to be afforded "patience" in his attempts to overhaul the squad and make United competitive again at the top level of the Premier League.

And sources with knowledge of the club's plans have told ESPN FC that the "patience" of the United hierarchy extends to the belief that the so-called "cultural reset" cited by Woodward last season will require three full seasons, and accompanying transfer windows, before the mistakes of the post-Ferguson years can be properly rectified.

As well as investing in the playing squad, United are also determined to improve their structure off the pitch, with the search for a technical director still ongoing.

But while United view this summer's transfer dealings as being a positive signpost of the way ahead, it is only regarded as a starting point, with the gap between Solskjaer's squad and those at Liverpool and City still vast in terms of depth and quality.

And although the three-year plan is not a guarantee of Solskjaer being at the helm for the entire period of the rebuild, the Norwegian is aware of the club's decision to build for the long-term rather attempt a quick fix.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester- ... until-2022
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:Utd don't expect title bid until 2022

Manchester United's owners, the Glazer family, have sanctioned a three-year plan to restore the club's on-field fortunes, with sources having told ESPN FC there is now an acceptance the team is unlikely to challenge for the Premier League until the 2021-22 season at the earliest.

With traditional rivals Manchester City and Liverpool setting the standard in domestic and European football, the United hierarchy have noted how at Anfield, in particular, they have arrived at their status after rebuilding behind the scenes and backing manager Jurgen Klopp during the German's difficult first 18 months in charge.

United, the most successful club in English football with 20 league titles, have not won the Premier League since 2012-13 -- the final season of Sir Alex Ferguson's 27-year reign as manager.

And in the six seasons since, under the management of David Moyes, Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho and now Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, United have finished an average of 21.5 points behind the eventual champions.

Under Solskjaer, United have made an unconvincing start to the campaign, with the team sitting in eighth position, 10 points behind leaders Liverpool after six games.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said on Tuesday, during a conference call with the club's investors, that Solskjaer needed to be afforded "patience" in his attempts to overhaul the squad and make United competitive again at the top level of the Premier League.

And sources with knowledge of the club's plans have told ESPN FC that the "patience" of the United hierarchy extends to the belief that the so-called "cultural reset" cited by Woodward last season will require three full seasons, and accompanying transfer windows, before the mistakes of the post-Ferguson years can be properly rectified.

As well as investing in the playing squad, United are also determined to improve their structure off the pitch, with the search for a technical director still ongoing.

But while United view this summer's transfer dealings as being a positive signpost of the way ahead, it is only regarded as a starting point, with the gap between Solskjaer's squad and those at Liverpool and City still vast in terms of depth and quality.

And although the three-year plan is not a guarantee of Solskjaer being at the helm for the entire period of the rebuild, the Norwegian is aware of the club's decision to build for the long-term rather attempt a quick fix.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester- ... until-2022
very smart idiots! who are they fooling? the idea is reasonable but they want the fans to get off their back whiles they continue to fleece the club, in 3 years United might be in the championship, the way we are playing now and our inept coaching staff, we are playing like relegation battlers, how can you play Rochdale and make them feel as if they are in the premiership, they had an equal chance of winning that game, The announcing of united fortunes was a bit suspect to coincide a time when the fans are getting restless, so they thought this will change opinions

Still not won an away game since March or so? sorry The Glazers, not a chance! let united lose their next 3 games, right now OGS is desperate, you can see it in his demeanour! just feel sorry for him to allow himself to be used as the face, sorry that feel good factor has already expired! better start producing
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I have said (for a long time) that Tuanzebe should be ahead of Lindelof in the pecking order. This is what I said about the two of them in 2017:

"Tuanzebe must be sitting somewhere right now wondering how and why he is playing the reserves while Man Utd buy a play a 35 million defender who is not as good as him. I will say this again - the signing of Lindelof seems really puzzling. All he does is block Tuanzebe's path to the first team. His "blooper" reel is growing..."

That statement still applies today.

marko wrote:
He looked very Assured in defence, definitely should be starting more games, he looks more composed than Lindelof, yesterday was a tragic case of poor coaching, we tried to use the wings but we dont have players that are good in the air, times and times, we tried the same pattern and the results were the same, we had ball players and they should have been more direct, why Pogba was playing deep? against Rochdale of all teams? Even Pogba should have scored a header! Greenwood goal came from being more direct, a quick turn on his favoured left foot, If this boy gets these opportunities, he can certainly finish, Yes united should be given time but i am sorry, i do not have faith in OGS coaching, he had no ability to change the game yesterday, we could have beaten them like 7 goals if the formation and tactics were right, to think Rochdale are 17th in league one, they came to wipe the feet with united! just terrible
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This is a clip of Jose highlighting Lindelof's weaknesses because "he can be bullied in the 1 v 1 in the box and he is not especially good in the air"...so WTF did you sign him for 35 million then Jose when you had a promising young defender called Tuanzebe coming through?! ...and already had Bailly who can be rash and impetuous, but cannot be bullied.

Last edited by wiseone on Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

OGS should pick players on merit, if i was Tuanzebe, i will look for a good agent and leave united, his confidence on the ball, reading of the game, i will even play him in central midfield and let Pogba play number 10, its about time OGS starts picking players on merit, as for Mourinho criticising players he bought? Just wished Bailly can stay fit!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:This is a clip of Jose highlighting Lindelof's weaknesses because "he can be bullied in the 1 v 1 in the box and he is not especially good in the air"...so WTF did you sign him for 35 million then Jose when you had a promising young defender called Tuanzebe coming through?! ...and already had Bailly who can be rash and impetuous, but cannot be bullied.

From what i understood here, when i watched his whole statement on this, he praised Lindelof and said he is very good in some aspects of the game.
But he was implying that Lindelof needed a very good central defense partner and he also mentioned that Lindelof & Tuanzebe partnership would not be an improvement in his eyes..
Actually let me post the video below and you judge

[/video]

I thought it was all about defence partnerships, the best partner for Lindelof a partner who could compensate for Lindelof weaknesses and also complement his good build up play qualities.
The likes of Rojo and Bailly cannot be relied upon simply because of injuries and not lack of skill.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bailly is a major disappointment for me, if he can stay fit and injury free, he could be right up there wit the best, in the news today, i hear united are ready to trigger Poch 32 million release clause, that sort of money should have been used to buy players

just dont know if sacking OGS is the right thing to do, what about sacking his entire back room staff and bringing in some competent coaches? he clearly needs help and in the last few games, he has shown a lot of tactical naivety, does not inspire confidence the way he sits down during games, almost looking clueless

no major improvement, he is not helping Rashford to develop his game, just a shame really, just a matter of time

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

United fans, why are we struggling with injuries 2nd time around? same thing happened last season when we lost up to 6 players through injury

Is there something about the training regime that make these players drop like leafs??

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Bailly has all the raw tools (extreme pace and power) to be an excellent CD. He has those traits in so much abundance that he can make a mistake, let the attacker go past him, and has so much speed that he can still recover and dispossess the attacker. A bit raw though and needs to improve his positioning and distribution. If he sorts those out, he can still be elite. He has a very promising start but then lost his confidence and composure after Jose dropped him.

A CD selection of Slabhead, Tuanzebe, and Bailly (with AWB and Shaw at FB) is not bad at all, and is probably better than any EPL CD combo except City, Spurs, and Liverpool.
marko wrote:Bailly is a major disappointment for me, if he can stay fit and injury free, he could be right up there wit the best, in the news today, i hear united are ready to trigger Poch 32 million release clause, that sort of money should have been used to buy players

just dont know if sacking OGS is the right thing to do, what about sacking his entire back room staff and bringing in some competent coaches? he clearly needs help and in the last few games, he has shown a lot of tactical naivety, does not inspire confidence the way he sits down during games, almost looking clueless

no major improvement, he is not helping Rashford to develop his game, just a shame really, just a matter of time
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Bailly has all the raw tools (extreme pace and power) to be an excellent CD. He has those traits in so much abundance that he can make a mistake, let the attacker go past him, and has so much speed that he can still recover and dispossess the attacker. A bit raw though and needs to improve his positioning and distribution. If he sorts those out, he can still be elite. He has a very promising start but then lost his confidence and composure after Jose dropped him.

A CD selection of Slabhead, Tuanzebe, and Bailly (with AWB and Shaw at FB) is not bad at all, and is probably better than any EPL CD combo except City, Spurs, and Liverpool.
marko wrote:Bailly is a major disappointment for me, if he can stay fit and injury free, he could be right up there wit the best, in the news today, i hear united are ready to trigger Poch 32 million release clause, that sort of money should have been used to buy players

He was a beast in his 1st season, just guess its a confidence issue with hin, i hope he recovers from his injuries, will like to see him and Maguire together

can anyone see Tuanzebe play midfield? defensive midfield?

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:United fans, why are we struggling with injuries 2nd time around? same thing happened last season when we lost up to 6 players through injury

Is there something about the training regime that make these players drop like leafs??
Some players struggle,just happen united,Arsenal and few others are hardly hit while teams like City has the luxury to bring in good quality from the bench
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Too many injuries, i believe OGS handled Pogba wrong! He should never have played against Rochdale, if anything last 20 mins just to give him a work out, now he has aggravated the injury, if you cant beat Rochdale without Pogba, sorry, you should not be coaching a team

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:Bailly has all the raw tools (extreme pace and power) to be an excellent CD. He has those traits in so much abundance that he can make a mistake, let the attacker go past him, and has so much speed that he can still recover and dispossess the attacker. A bit raw though and needs to improve his positioning and distribution. If he sorts those out, he can still be elite. He has a very promising start but then lost his confidence and composure after Jose dropped him.

You this man?? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abeg, who is Slabhead? ... and why don't you translate Tuanzebe to your beloved English language for consistency? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

YemiBrazil wrote:

Abeg, who is Slabhead? ... and why don't you translate Tuanzebe to your beloved English language for consistency? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kalani JR wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

Aaaargh thanks man... That's much better than Maguire in a conversation :mrgreen:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

As today stands, United are 3 points from relegation zone with a game in hand, we play Arsenal tomorrow at old trafford, a game which i am predicting a draw due to the fact Arsenal have not won at old trafford for a very long time, the board have a 3 year plan which i think is a ploy to keep on raking in the profits to keep everyone quiet, should be an interesting game

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

UNDERDOGS at Old Trafford against Arsenal? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf:
Changing times!
I expect Arsenal to do the needful & put more hot pepper on Woodward's balls since he won't give United fans peace of mind because of money :lol: :lol:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:UNDERDOGS at Old Trafford against Arsenal? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf:
Changing times!
I expect Arsenal to do the needful & put more hot pepper on Woodward's balls since he won't give United fans peace of mind because of money :lol: :lol:
yes United are underdogs tonight due to form but having said this, Arsenal have not beaten us at old Trafford for years so this will be the perfect time to end that run, even when Mourinho was running us down to the ground, they still could not beat us

if we lose the game, the fans will give up on OGS, it will be a shame as the fans should take out their anger on Woodward and the Glazers

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Souness picks out Man Utd man that is setting ‘bad example’

Date published: Monday 30th September 2019 9:04

Paul Pogba Manchester United

Paul Pogba is setting a bad example for his Manchester United team-mates in midfield, according to Graeme Souness.

The Red Devils have made a disappointing start to the Premier League season so far with only two wins from their opening six matches.

And former Liverpool midfielder Souness thinks that it’s their midfield that is the problem with Pogba failing to set the tone.

“United’s midfield are too easy to play against,” Souness wrote in his Sunday Times column.

“Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay and co should have been sprinting out to put West Ham’s midfielders under pressure.

“If you’re a defender with that in front of you and the opposition have time to pick a pass, you’re going to be in trouble and that’s where United find themselves.

When I played in midfield, I had one thought: ‘I’m going to stop the guy I’m playing against today, then develop my own game from there.’

“In contrast, Pogba’s first thought is to show everybody how clever and cute he can be.

“If that’s the example your main man in midfield is setting, you’re too easy to play against, and until they fix it, United’s back five will be fire-fighting.

“They can spend massively on [Harry] Maguire, give Victor Lindelof a new five-year deal, [David] De Gea four more lucrative years and sign [Aaron] Wan-Bissaka for £50m and it will all be money down the drain.”

https://www.football365.com/news/sounes ... ad-example

Pogba did not even play against West Ham :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: but Graeme has been looking for an opportunity to criticize him, one day, this man will get caught for racial abuse of a black player, its coming soon!

Graeme Paul Pogba a world cup winner! always remember that

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rashford should have started from the bench! Through ball from Pogba and wasted! Greenwood is good with both feet and would shot on target, the game is pretty close and is looking like a draw, if anything Lingard and Rashford have not done much for united!

Hope they step up in the 2nd half

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Rashford is finished as a club player, but for England, yep.