Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

But did you guys hear Patrice Evra's heartfelt video.

He even mentioned the name Matt Judge, one of the transfer negotiators who is trusted by Ed Woodward, and Evra said that some Sporting Directors of other clubs say he is difficult to get hold of.

But basically the theme to Evra's video is that he says a lot of stuff that Mourinho and Van Gaal said before.
That United is not the best run when it comes to transfers and other stuff.

I look as Spurs which supposedly doesn't have funds, and they are getting Mourinho a lot of his targets as quickly as possible.
For Ole the wait continues.
I have no sympathy for Ole because when he came in he tried to make it seem like Mourinho mourns too much
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Surely Pernadez should be off.

Should have gotten his second yellow.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The woodwork has been Man U's savior today.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Chris Kavanagh is a cheat.He should have ended the game before the corner kick.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Given a penalty after final whistle was blown.

Man U are back.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote:Chris Kavanagh is a cheat.He should have ended the game before the corner kick.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You seem very hurt, Oja-Fry-Pan-Head! :lol:

Imagine blaming the referee because a bunch of bottom of the table footballers do not know how to manage a game and see the game out. You toil for 45 minutes and finally get a goal and you think its time to relax? I'd say this is a lesson to those players, but knowing them, those are bottom of the table players and they will forget this lesson by tomorrow morning and do the same thing next week.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Chris Kavanagh is a cheat.He should have ended the game before the corner kick.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You seem very hurt, Oja-Fry-Pan-Head! :lol:

Imagine blaming the referee because a bunch of bottom of the table footballers do not know how to manage a game and see the game out. You toil for 45 minutes and finally get a goal and you think its time to relax? I'd say this is a lesson to those players, but knowing them, those are bottom of the table players and they will forget this lesson by tomorrow morning and do the same thing next week.
:clap: :agree: Manu was on back foot all game a nd you level and relax for manu to come back.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This manu team if they play like this will not finish top 6
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

balo wrote:Given a penalty after final whistle was blown.

Man U are back.

Thank you Balo, the foul was committed after the final whistle, abi? :sneaky: :taunt: :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Kako wrote:

Man U are back.

Thank you Balo, the foul was committed after the final whistle, abi? :sneaky: :taunt: :D

Agreed.

Man U stole one. Not because of the penalty, but because of the woodwork.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Talking about lady luck, united rode its luck today, that win was not deserved at all, the team looks disjointed, without ideas, poorly coached side, soon Ole tactics will be exposed by the big guns!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1) Today's lesson in the rules of association football:

(a) if a player sticks his arm out in his penalty area and hits the ball with it while the game is being played - it will be a penalty. I think that law has been in the FA's rules for over 125 years.

(b) VAR can review any incident that occurred before the final whistle. Maupay handballed before the final whistle = VAR can review it. There was even an incident in Germany where VAR called the players out of the dressing room after they had left the pitch and brought them back for a penalty that the ref missed before the whistle blew! https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -var-chaos

Kako wrote:

Man U are back.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Lindelof's shoddy performances again fly under the radar due to VAR conspiracy theories. One thing that everyone misses about the penalty conceded by Pogba is: WTF was Pogba doing chasing back in his own area and playing in the CD position against a counter-attack? :shock: Answer - Lindelof (who is supposed to be a CD when he could spare the time) was so badly out of position that Pogba ran back into the CD to cover for him. That was criminal neglect by Lindelof. He was so poor yesterday that at times, AWB played like an auxiliary CD to keep covering for him.

In the first half he also played a "pass" to Pogba on the edge of his own area that was so hardly and firmly hit that it resembled a shot more than a pass to a team-mate. Pogba could not control it and gave Lindelof a piece of his mind afterwards.

Smalling and Bailly are better options.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Lindelof's shoddy performances again fly under the radar due to VAR conspiracy theories. One thing that everyone misses about the penalty conceded by Pogba is: WTF was Pogba doing chasing back in his own area and playing in the CD position against a counter-attack? :shock: Answer - Lindelof (who is supposed to be a CD when he could spare the time) was so badly out of position that Pogba ran back into the CD to cover for him. That was criminal neglect by Lindelof. He was so poor yesterday that at times, AWB played like an auxiliary CD to keep covering for him.

In the first half he also played a "pass" to Pogba on the edge of his own area that was so hardly and firmly hit that it resembled a shot more than a pass to a team-mate. Pogba could not control it and gave Lindelof a piece of his mind afterwards.

Smalling and Bailly are better options.

OGS has his favourite players and Lindelof is his preferred defensive pairing! He clearly does not fancy Bailly
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

marko wrote:Talking about lady luck, united rode its luck today, that win was not deserved at all, the team looks disjointed, without ideas, poorly coached side, soon Ole tactics will be exposed by the big guns!
...they may/will be exposed and humiliated at champions league.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote:
marko wrote:Talking about lady luck, united rode its luck today, that win was not deserved at all, the team looks disjointed, without ideas, poorly coached side, soon Ole tactics will be exposed by the big guns!
It is possible but Ole's lazy 'tactics' is simply based on player fitness - which means all he has to do is get the players in top shape then the rest is done (devastating counter-attacks). That's why the so-called 'big guns' find them very hard to deal with on match day, regardless of predictions.
I prefer a real tactician to take United to the next level however this Ole won't win the league but may get enough results to stay afloat as long as they keep making champions league qualification the bottom-line. Horrible situation for Man United fans unless something drastic happens.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
mcal wrote:
It is possible but Ole's lazy 'tactics' is simply based on player fitness - which means all he has to do is get the players in top shape then the rest is done (devastating counter-attacks). That's why the so-called 'big guns' find them very hard to deal with on match day, regardless of predictions.
I prefer a real tactician to take United to the next level however this Ole won't win the league but may get enough results to stay afloat as long as they keep making champions league qualification the bottom-line. Horrible situation for Man United fans unless something drastic happens.
exactly what the Glazers want, continued champions league qualification so the money keeps rolling in, yes United does fairly well against the top 6 sides in the premiership, especially the ones that come to attack us, any team that sits back and allows united to do all the attacking, the ones that press high up the pitch against our midfield, that is where tactics are needed, where OGS continues to fail, no doubt we will end up back in the Europa league after been knocked out from the champions league group stage

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mmpfth!!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Manchester in the 'group of death'

They should start preparing for Europa :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Being drawn against the finalist and semi-finalist from last season is the worst draw possible.

The prospect of Mbappe running at Lindelof makes me think of a lion charging at a baby deer.
wanaj0 wrote:Manchester in the 'group of death'

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wiseone wrote:Being drawn against the finalist and semi-finalist from last season is the worst draw possible.

The prospect of Mbappe running at Lindelof makes me think of a lion charging at a baby deer.
wanaj0 wrote:Manchester in the 'group of death'

Don't worry. Marko has spoken. You are better than PSG :thumbs:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I watched Ole's press conference today
He looked helpless when asked about transfers.
I bet now he understands why Mourinho was kicking up a fuss about lack of transfers.
Because when he came in he was too excited to realise that

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9OsH5X_oyM[/video]