Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

kalani JR wrote:
benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:If it's true that Dybala will lower his wage demands in order to join Spurs, then this is a bit worrying to United.
Ok yes Pochettino is also Argentinian like Dybala, but this is showing signs of a change.
City surpassed United easily like that.
But anyway no need for panic :biggrin:
Leave Dybala alone. It's the agents playing games all over the place & he won't lower any wage demand for Spurs. I don't think dude is interested in EPL but nothing is impossible in football transfers especially with players with something to offer - he may even end up at Arsenal by the deadline. We can't just keep absorbing every piece of info we read online. Someone even floated Llorente to Man United and some people still digested it - people keep forgetting that all it takes is for someone to post it somewhere/anywhere online and it gets picked up without any verification by most of the junk online outlets. Even the real media sometimes get sucked into today's reality of real-time social media, often ending in regrets but they still have to survice :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I was simply following from renowned journos like James Ducker, Kaveh Miguel Delaney, David Ornstein, they all did mention that any deal is complicated by image rights, but i was wondering if he signs for Spurs then that would mean his demands were lowered.

Anyway now that it's all hindsight we are wiser :thumbs:
The image rights is out of his control to begin with.
Yes. What about his wages, that's where i was getting lost, i was thinking that he is lowering them just to be with Pochettino. Anyway seems I was wrong :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:after winning all their pre-season games, Ed Woodward was pleased and did not feel we need any new players, its that simple, Woodward is a money man and not a football man, he only acts when united existence are threatened, he probably did it on purpose not to buy any new midfielder as he does not want Pogba to leave

On the other hand, Pogba agent is not making too much noise, why?? If for any reason Zidane leaves Madrid or gets sacked, the job will go to Mourinho and Pogba and Mourinho do not see eye to eye, so any likely destination will have to be Juventus, has anyone looked into this angle?

also with the emergence of Mason
So is it Woodward who actually decides what kind of players the manager is ok with.
If that's the case then the whole way Manchester United is run is bad. Woodward is a banker.
But what about the board, the whole blame lies with the so called board for allowing a banker to make footballing decisions.
No wonder Mourinho kicked up a fuss, he was told by a banker that Maguire is not good enough only for Maguire to be bought a season later
Van Gaal did not mince his words.

Anyway saying that, Ole will just have to work with whatever he has, but with Europa league in the mix, i wonder if it will be enough.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:after winning all their pre-season games, Ed Woodward was pleased and did not feel we need any new players, its that simple, Woodward is a money man and not a football man, he only acts when united existence are threatened, he probably did it on purpose not to buy any new midfielder as he does not want Pogba to leave

On the other hand, Pogba agent is not making too much noise, why?? If for any reason Zidane leaves Madrid or gets sacked, the job will go to Mourinho and Pogba and Mourinho do not see eye to eye, so any likely destination will have to be Juventus, has anyone looked into this angle?

So is it Woodward who actually decides what kind of players the manager is ok with.
If that's the case then the whole way Manchester United is run is bad. Woodward is a banker.
But what about the board, the whole blame lies with the so called board for allowing a banker to make footballing decisions.
No wonder Mourinho kicked up a fuss, he was told by a banker that Maguire is not good enough only for Maguire to be bought a season later

Anyway saying that, Ole will just have to work with whatever he has, but with Europa league in the mix, i wonder if it will be enough.
Everythings starts and finishes with Woodward, how can the board be so unhappy? We just made over 70 million pounds for Lukaku, season tickets sold out, TV money coming in, united megastore doing fantastic, pre-season went brilliant! The reality is quite different, we knew what had to be done at the end of last season, some players had to be released but there has been no buyers so far, maybe Woodward should have concentrated on putting players up for sale or loans, at least 5-6 players to free up the wage bill, Woodward is as sly as they come, yes the fans can keep on screwing on twitter but as far as you keep on putting money in the coffers, nothing will happen, united will not sell Pogba because they need a big name on their books, Pogba is one of the most recognised footballers worldwide and that is what united needs, over 38 million social media followers, unless a team comes up with 150 million, he is not going anywhere, the investors will not approve that sale!

OGS sadly will be a fall guy if united continue to get bad results and will soon be back at Molde, if i were him, he better start playing those academy players, they cant play any worse than the likes of Mata, Matic, Jones, darmian, young, what are they still doing at the club?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

benteke wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:If it's true that Dybala will lower his wage demands in order to join Spurs, then this is a bit worrying to United.
Ok yes Pochettino is also Argentinian like Dybala, but this is showing signs of a change.
City surpassed United easily like that.
But anyway no need for panic :biggrin:
Leave Dybala alone. It's the agents playing games all over the place & he won't lower any wage demand for Spurs. I don't think dude is interested in EPL but nothing is impossible in football transfers especially with players with something to offer - he may even end up at Arsenal by the deadline. We can't just keep absorbing every piece of info we read online. Someone even floated Llorente to Man United and some people still digested it - people keep forgetting that all it takes is for someone to post it somewhere/anywhere online and it gets picked up without any verification by most of the junk online outlets. Even the real media sometimes get sucked into today's reality of real-time social media, often ending in regrets but they still have to survice :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I was simply following from renowned journos like James Ducker, Kaveh Miguel Delaney, David Ornstein, they all did mention that any deal is complicated by image rights, but i was wondering if he signs for Spurs then that would mean his demands were lowered.

Anyway now that it's all hindsight we are wiser :thumbs:
The image rights is out of his control to begin with.
Yes. What about his wages, that's where i was getting lost, i was thinking that he is lowering them just to be with Pochettino. Anyway seems I was wrong :thumbs:
FWIW the reason the deal did not materialize had more to do with Juventus according to Ornstein.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

Everythings starts and finishes with Woodward, how can the board be so unhappy? We just made over 70 million pounds for Lukaku, season tickets sold out, TV money coming in, united megastore doing fantastic, pre-season went brilliant! The reality is quite different, we knew what had to be done at the end of last season, some players had to be released but there has been no buyers so far, maybe Woodward should have concentrated on putting players up for sale or loans, at least 5-6 players to free up the wage bill, Woodward is as sly as they come, yes the fans can keep on screwing on twitter but as far as you keep on putting money in the coffers, nothing will happen, united will not sell Pogba because they need a big name on their books, Pogba is one of the most recognised footballers worldwide and that is what united needs, over 38 million social media followers, unless a team comes up with 150 million, he is not going anywhere, the investors will not approve that sale!

OGS sadly will be a fall guy if united continue to get bad results and will soon be back at Molde, if i were him, he better start playing those academy players, they cant play any worse than the likes of Mata, Matic, Jones, darmian, young, what are they still doing at the club?
Chief, my point here is simple. You can blame Woodward all you want, but someone thought it was a good idea to replace the Ferguson/David Gill combo with Ed Woodward, instead of a seasoned football man organises the football side as Van Gaal said.

Not only that, it has been obvious for a while that Ed Woodward needs help, but those above him still wait.
Ed Woodward doesn't own Manchester United, that's where the problem starts.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

Chief, my point here is simple. You can blame Woodward all you want, but someone thought it was a good idea to replace the Ferguson/David Gill combo with Ed Woodward, instead of a seasoned football man organises the football side as Van Gaal said.

Not only that, it has been obvious for a while that Ed Woodward needs help, but those above him still wait.
The owners of the club are obviously happy with Woodward because the books look fantastic! Reality on the ground is different, i was prepared to give them the benefit of doubt but now i am getting suspicious, only time will tell, if united have a good start to the season, all will be forgotten, if we have a terrible start, Woodward will be in trouble
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

The owners of the club are obviously happy with Woodward because the books look fantastic! Reality on the ground is different, i was prepared to give them the benefit of doubt but now i am getting suspicious, only time will tell, if united have a good start to the season, all will be forgotten, if we have a terrible start, Woodward will be in trouble
Mourinho was the problem. He has gone now so Premiership title or nothing else. Europa is a forgone conclusion. Treble is what we want!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

Mourinho was the problem. He has gone now so Premiership title or nothing else. Europa is a forgone conclusion. Treble is what we want!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Manure are yall playing today or nah?
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

100%Naija wrote:Manure are yall playing today or nah?
Tammy Abraham is harassing them
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Agbana is what McGuire is. Whoever approved the purchase of him at that price should be fired.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I am already feeling that Mason boy
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

At the right height and pace.. Forget it..
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote: At the right height and pace.. Forget it..
You taught him well. Place the ball in that position and no keeper catches it.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

#LampardOut
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Pogba's mind and body is not in this game

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

is Barkley even a footballer?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Both teams are trash.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:is Barkley even a footballer?
He is English footballer

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Possession turning over as quickly as a whore at Madam Organs
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Poor Zouma, he is having a nigjymare

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

oloye wrote:I am already feeling that Mason boy
Him starting over Pulisic is a real head scratcher
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:Poor Zouma, he is having a nigjymare

exactly
AFCON 2019 sweet o