Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

No. I am not talking about Mark Red...
tfco wrote:
hahaha so funny

man who used to balloon the ball Smalling-style
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

What's the issue with De Gea.
I am not hearing convincing stuff about his contract.
And also the guy seems to be a bit off form at times, especially for Spain his form is intriguing.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

His problem might be connected to playing behind a leaky defence that keeps him busy most of the time during 90 minutes of each game and that requires him to pull of miracle saves every game. When you are the best GK in the world, have been club player of the year 3 times in a row, and the best team in the world chased you for nearly 5 years, playing for the 7th best team in the country can become frustrating.
benteke wrote:What's the issue with De Gea.
I am not hearing convincing stuff about his contract.
And also the guy seems to be a bit off form at times, especially for Spain his form is intriguing.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Sometimes the answer lies within the club, and not in external record "statement signings" (Di Maria, Falcao, Mkhi etc).

Jose has bemoaned the fact that he does not have a ball playing defender who is comfortable bringing the ball out from the back. He created this problem by selling Daley Blind (one of the most technically gifted and intelligent defenders this side of Laporte) and instead keeping Matteo "Bang Average" Darmian and Mark "put it into Row Z" Red.
When it comes to the issue of Daley Blind, that is where you see that there is no strategy in the Man United transfer policy and a lack of director of football is glaring.

The issue with Blind was always that as intelligent on the ball as he was, he was not suited to the fast pace of EPL, hence he didn't have a set position at United, you could even make a case for him being the better left back at times.

Anyway, i think Mourinho's logic was to part with him amicably and then get something similar but with more pace and more suited to the rough and tough of EPL.
That where we saw the public spat where Woodward refused to buy more defenders, yet Blind had already been released.

So in effect, Mourinho's plans for the season went up in smoke. And i suppose his frustration is what drove him to comment publicly in the media.

These things are not always as simple as they look
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:Sometimes the answer lies within the club, and not in external record "statement signings" (Di Maria, Falcao, Mkhi etc).

Jose has bemoaned the fact that he does not have a ball playing defender who is comfortable bringing the ball out from the back. He created this problem by selling Daley Blind (one of the most technically gifted and intelligent defenders this side of Laporte) and instead keeping Matteo "Bang Average" Darmian and Mark "put it into Row Z" Red.
When it comes to the issue of Daley Blind, that is where you see that there is no strategy in the Man United transfer policy and a lack of director of football is glaring.

The issue with Blind was always that as intelligent on the ball as he was, he was not suited to the fast pace of EPL, hence he didn't have a set position at United, you could even make a case for him being the better left back at times.

Anyway, i think Mourinho's logic was to part with him amicably and then get something similar but with more pace and more suited to the rough and tough of EPL.
That where we saw the public spat where Woodward refused to buy more defenders, yet Blind had already been released.

So in effect, Mourinho's plans for the season went up in smoke. And i suppose his frustration is what drove him to comment publicly in the media.

So your club doesn't have enough players to compete?Manu don't even need to buy any player again,enough players to compete,compare your team with Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs etc you will notice you guys have more players than those clubs.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@benteke do you think your club can finish inside top 4 this season after finishing second last season?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:
benteke wrote:

So your club doesn't have enough players to compete?Manu don't even need to buy any player again,enough players to compete,compare your team with Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs etc you will notice you guys have more players than those clubs.
The players are there.
But they are more like galacticos in attitude and some of them are not the right fit for the club, as good as they are individually.
United has players but not a well functioning team, something that can be attributed to an uclear transfer strategy. And that includes manager choices.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I often heard how Daley's "lack of height, strength, and speed" was a liability. Yet the guy played LB, DM, LWB, and CD against 6ft 4in tall monster strikers and looked assured throughout. I recall him playing CD against big strikers like Lukaku, Andy Carroll etc and he handled them and dispossessed them with the ease of a seasoned pickpocket stealing sweets from a little kid. He never let the team down. I actually think they should have groomed Blind to be Carrick's replacement. They are similar players (technically and tactically adept, unfussy, good on the ball, excellent passing, good positioning and football brain).

Benteke, if Jose sold Blind on the expectation that he could sign someone better then that was naive. Why would he sell a player before lining up a replacement? Plus he already has LBs at the club who are taller, faster, or stronger than Blind (Rojo and Shaw). Why does the solution for him always lie in spending big?

benteke wrote: When it comes to the issue of Daley Blind, that is where you see that there is no strategy in the Man United transfer policy and a lack of director of football is glaring.

Last edited by wiseone on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:I often heard how Daley's "lack of height, strength, and speed" was a liability. Yet the guy played LB, DM, LWB, and CD against 6ft 4in tall monster strikers and looked assured throughout. I recall him playing CD against big strikers like Lukaku, Andy Carroll etc and he handled them and dispossessed them with the ease of a seasoned pickpocket stealing sweets from a little kid. He never let the team down. I actually think they should have groomed Blind to be Carrick's replacement. They are similar players (technically and tactically adept, unfussy, good on the ball, excellent passing, good positioning and football brain).

Benteke, if Jose sold Blind on the expectation that he could sign someone better than that was naive. Why would he sell a player before lining up a replacement? Plus he already has LBs at the club who are taller, faster, or stronger than Blind (Rojo and Shaw). Why does the solution for him always lie in spending big?

Shaw, his decision making in defence is still questionable, yes he can be developed but i don't know how far.
Rojo, what's his best position, left back or left centre back, but anyway he is quite good at defence most times, but the playing out of the back part i don't think he is better than Blind. Plus he is injury prone. And tends to be yellow card prone.

The Blind issue, remember we used to discuss about how smart he is, but even you cannot say exactly what was his best position.
Sometimes he would get overrun in midfield, and sometimes you wouldn't be confident of him being the future left back.
But yes you can make a case for him being the guy who gave United stability at the back many times and also gave the centre back partner cinfidence.
It's now a wild punt to say when he left , the United defence has looked very very panicky.

But if Mourinho scouted and saw something similar or better, and was promised and then denied it, I think there is an issue there, he could have a point.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I read several times that Mark Red has been injured for 38% of his time at Man Utd. That is a more prolific injury record than any other player in world football.

He makes the Twins, Rio, and Jonesy look sturdy. He recently got a contract extension. Being paid over 80K to sit on a treatment table is nota bad living is it?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:I read several times that Mark Red has been injured for 38% of his time at Man Utd. That is a more prolific injury record than any other player in world football.

He makes the Twins, Rio, and Jonesy look sturdy. He recently got a contract extension. Being paid over 80K to sit on a treatment table is nota bad living is it?
There you go.
The manager probably figured out that he can't plan his season around this guy. And maybe he had second thoughts about Lindelof and Bailey.
Surely it cannot be the biggest crime to say we bought Bakayoko and he's not working out, so let's try another option, try to get a better option.
Man United hangs on to too long to many players that don't improve the team.
I know they are humans too and need time but it's ruthless at the top, results are needed yesterday
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If he thinks MR is unreliable, why on earth did he approve a contract renewal for him?! As for second thoughts about Lindelof and Bailly - he bought both players for a combined fee of about 70 million!

I actually think Man Utd's problem has been NOT being patient with talent and letting them go too quickly if they do not put in 10/10 performances from day 1 (Zaha, Di Maria, Blind...and soon - Tuanzebe and Pereira).
benteke wrote: There you go.
The manager probably figured out that he can't plan his season around this guy. And maybe he had second thoughts about Lindelof and Bailey.
Surely it cannot be the biggest crime to say we bought Bakayoko and he's not working out, so let's try another option, try to get a better option.
Man United hangs on to too long to many players that don't improve the team.
I know they are humans too and need time but it's ruthless at the top, results are needed yesterday
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:If he thinks MR is unreliable, why on earth did he approve a contract renewal for him?! As for second thoughts about Lindelof and Bailly - he bought both players for a combined fee of about 70 million!

I actually think Man Utd's problem has been NOT being patient with talent and letting them go too quickly if they do not put in 10/10 performances from day 1 (Zaha, Di Maria, Blind...and soon - Tuanzebe and Pereira).
Again, we do not know who renews contracts or negotiates prices for players, we know some players the board signs before a manager comes in, some of them the board vetoes a sale proposal by the manager.
Those are the issues at hand.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:No. I am not talking about Mark Red...
tfco wrote:
hahaha so funny

man who used to balloon the ball Smalling-style
i have mentioned Blind's balloon ball football from when LVG was in charge.
i'm sure it's even in this particular thread

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

there is more being written about the manager's reaction....THAN the player's miss

But yeah, marko and co will come and tell us it's JM's fault why Rashford is missing sitters

:roll: :roll:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote: there is more being written about the manager's reaction....THAN the player's miss

But yeah, marko and co will come and tell us it's JM's fault why Rashford is missing sitters

:roll: :roll:
all about confidence mate! yes Rashford should have learnt by now that sometimes a chip will do besides power, a manager is supposed to help a player improve their game, all good managers do this, give Rashford to Guardiola, within a year, you will see wonders!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: all about confidence mate! yes Rashford should have learnt by now that sometimes a chip will do besides power, a manager is supposed to help a player improve their game, all good managers do this, give Rashford to Guardiola, within a year, you will see wonders!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pellegrini gave Iheanacho to Guardiola. we are still wondering

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Copy and paste crew, i admit rashford should be burying these chances, if that chance fell to Pogba, he will lift that ball over the keeper, rashford should be made to watch Messi videos how to bury these chances
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:Copy and paste crew, i admit rashford should be burying these chances, if that chance fell to Pogba, he will lift that ball over the keeper, rashford should be made to watch Messi videos how to bury these chances
Haba let him watch first Harry Kane,baby step bro.Messi is on another league......
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Copy and paste crew, i admit rashford should be burying these chances, if that chance fell to Pogba, he will lift that ball over the keeper, rashford should be made to watch Messi videos how to bury these chances
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but...but...but.
Rashford's confidence is LOW...he has been ruined by Jose.
That is why he is missing these 1v1s

Isn't that your narrative???

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Dear Marko.
This is Radamel Falcao

Do you think Thierry Henry has ruined his confidence?
Top striker misses PK due to manager having no confidence in him. The Inheritance Merchant would improve him the way he improved Iheanacho

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and here i was thinking that .....oh, never mind.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S