Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote::D LOL. I no see any post where you said those things o!
oloye wrote: Did you steal my words or what? I could have sworn I wrote all of the points you highlighted... Nothing more to add but to check again if this was written by me under another name :thumb:
It was on my mind, I was looking for the right words noni, until you read my mind :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Another tough game with Wolves who have done typically well against the top 6, We will not get the glaring holes we had against Chlesea, i expect Wolves to be compact and not give united any space, we need the likes of Pogba to help unlock their stubborn defence, with Martial, Rashford and James starting, we have pace to but we have to be aware of the counter attack!

Should be an interesting game!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Another tough game with Wolves who have done typically well against the top 6, We will not get the glaring holes we had against Chlesea, i expect Wolves to be compact and not give united any space, we need the likes of Pogba to help unlock their stubborn defence, with Martial, Rashford and James starting, we have pace to but we have to be aware of the counter attack!

United should beat them easily. After all, United is the most successful English club, so they are clearly better than Wolves.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Another tough game with Wolves who have done typically well against the top 6, We will not get the glaring holes we had against Chlesea, i expect Wolves to be compact and not give united any space, we need the likes of Pogba to help unlock their stubborn defence, with Martial, Rashford and James starting, we have pace to but we have to be aware of the counter attack!

With all you success, were you able to beat lowly Wolves? :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...United continued where they left off last season.
The Adama dude scared the shiit off them, they keep backing away.
And the James kid must be the new diver :laugh:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:

Not so lowly Wolves, they are more than a decent side and thats what makes the premiership interesting, it was gping to be a tough game, they needed something special to score and they did just that, no keeper would have saved that bullet, OGS needed subs as early as 80th minute but waited till the 88 min, not sure why, Pogba lost a penalty but all great players do, i will gladly take the 1 point!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

As expected.
Work in progress. Yes, we all know where United should be & we know where they are now :mrgreen: .
No hiding place for Rashford & Martial - they will get there.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Not so lowly Wolves, they are more than a decent side and thats what makes the premiership interesting, it was gping to be a tough game, they needed something special to score and they did just that, no keeper would have saved that bullet, OGS needed subs as early as 80th minute but waited till the 88 min, not sure why, Pogba lost a penalty but all great players do, i will gladly take the 1 point!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oh! Wolves is no longer lowly? huh? Huh? :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oh! Wolves is no longer lowly? huh? Huh? :lol:
from what i have seen and the quality of the players they have, not a chance, they will surprise many this season with their football, i can put my hands up and say this, how they perform against the bottom half, thats another question!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

racist abuse on pogba , nah real wah ooo...i kind of blame those pundits
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

P-Squared hammered up in Cyberspace. All racial.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Adama changed the game when he came on. Game of 2 halves. Discussion points:

1) What were Rashford and Pogba playing at with the penalty? Pogba has missed 4 penalties in the last year. Rashford has scored 4 in the last year (100% record).

2) Is it wise to let Sanchez leave so soon after Lukaku? His stint at Man U has been a failure but we need bodies right now - especially with the transfer window closed AND a Europa League campaign to play. Relying on Rashford, Martial and a 17yo kid from the youth team may be a 1 injury away from disaster.
mcal wrote:...United continued where they left off last season.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Adama changed the game when he came on. Game of 2 halves. Discussion points:

1) What were Rashford and Pogba playing at with the penalty? Pogba has missed 4 penalties in the last year. Rashford has scored 4 in the last year (100% record).

2) Is it wise to let Sanchez leave so soon after Lukaku? His stint at Man U has been a failure but we need bodies right now - especially with the transfer window closed AND a Europa League campaign to play. Relying on Rashford, Martial and a 17yo kid from the youth team may be a 1 injury away from disaster.
Is the PK taking based on some kind of seniority thing? Should be based purely on numbers, Pogba is just not the best at it...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

from what i have seen and the quality of the players they have, not a chance, they will surprise many this season with their football, i can put my hands up and say this, how they perform against the bottom half, thats another question!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Your eye don open?! :rotf: :rotf:

Let me help you, in week 1, Leicester played Wolves to a 1-1 draw and Leicester was the better side. And you thought United was better that Leicester because "we are more successful" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

maceo4 wrote:
wiseone wrote:Adama changed the game when he came on. Game of 2 halves. Discussion points:

Is the PK taking based on some kind of seniority thing? Should be based purely on numbers, Pogba is just not the best at it...
Rashford not missed a penalty yet, we want our strikers taking penalties, what if Rashford missed as well? The penalty was well struck! Next time Martial or Rashford

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

There is reason to believe another manager with better tactics would have also made a change somewhere to neutralise that Adama, he was allowed to be a nuisance for too long :biggrin:

Would like to see how other top 6 deal with this Wolves ....
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

A brilliant equaliser scored by Ruben Neves - whom I have been arguing for Man Utd to sign. Irony eh.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

wiseone wrote:A brilliant equaliser scored by Ruben Neves - whom I have been arguing for Man Utd to sign. Irony eh.
I don't think Ruben Neves is that good.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
wiseone wrote:A brilliant equaliser scored by Ruben Neves - whom I have been arguing for Man Utd to sign. Irony eh.
he is only 22 years old, scored 12 goals for Wolves , 10 of those goals from outside the box, part of the Portuguese squad
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
he is only 22 years old, scored 12 goals for Wolves , 10 of those goals from outside the box, part of the Portuguese squad
Nice stats but his overall game doesn't do much for me. Clean striker of the ball though.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Nice stats but his overall game doesn't do much for me. Clean striker of the ball though.
he is one of the best passers in that squad..top free kick taker . the guy is a QB passer...you have no clue about Neves...

[/video]
SuperEagles

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
These are the types of players united need, not big names, we need functional players now, watch how Liverpool will buy him and turn him into world class!
Then united will say oh, we wanted to sign him!

Portugal are producing some serious ballers now! They are far cheaper than some over hyped British players, United need that director of football now

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I cannot believe I am backing up BigPokey, but...

you can usually tell how much a football fan really understands the game by their view of players like Carrick and Ruben Neves. Man Utd have a Michael Carrick sized hole in the midfield. They have been crying out for a player who: (a) has good enough technique and composure to receive the ball deep in his own half under pressure, turn, and relieve pressure from the team by playing an incisive and accurate pass 20-30 yards up the field; and (b) keep and recycle possession and play through balls to the attackers.

Ruben Neves is probably the best DM exponent of (a) and (b) above in the Premier League. He is the nearest thing to Carrick in the EPL right now and his passing has pin-point accuracy. This assist to Diego Jota last season was probably the pass/assist of the season:

...AND he played that ball under pressure in the last minute of the game to give his team a 4-3 win.
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
he is one of the best passers in that squad..top free kick taker . the guy is a QB passer...you have no clue about Neves...

[/video]