Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:I cannot believe I am backing up BigPokey, but...

you can usually tell how much a football fan really understands the game by their view of players like Carrick and Ruben Neves. Man Utd have a Michael Carrick sized hole in the midfield. They have been crying out for a player who: (a) has good enough technique and composure to receive the ball deep in his own half under pressure, turn, and relieve pressure from the team by playing an incisive and accurate pass 20-30 yards up the field; and (b) keep and recycle possession and play through balls to the attackers.

Ruben Neves is probably the best DM exponent of (a) and (b) above in the Premier League. He is the nearest thing to Carrick in the EPL right now and his passing has pin-point accuracy. This assist to Diego Jota last season was probably the pass/assist of the season:

...AND he played that ball under pressure in the last minute of the game to give his team a 4-3 win.
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
wiseone wrote:A brilliant equaliser scored by Ruben Neves - whom I have been arguing for Man Utd to sign. Irony eh.
I don't think Ruben Neves is that good.
he is only 22 years old, scored 12 goals for Wolves , 10 of those goals from outside the box, part of the Portuguese squad
Nice stats but his overall game doesn't do much for me. Clean striker of the ball though.
he is one of the best passers in that squad..top free kick taker . the guy is a QB passer...you have no clue about Neves...

[/video]
what a pass, very Pogba like! Man utd should try and get him in January transfer if we can! He has premiership experience and is a decent player, we dont need names to sell shirts and what not, we can even offer Lingard in exchange!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Exactly. I said for a long time that Man Utd need a DM more than they needed Maguire (who I actually do no think should have been bought). In Jose's last full season, Man Utd kept more clean sheets than any other team in the league (with Rojo and Jones playing at CD for much of that season). Hence it cannot be just a case of spend 80 million on a slow and ponderous defender. The reason why DDG makes so many saves, and the team started to concede goals is because the back 4 do not have good enough DMs in front of them to protect them. Nowadays a technically sound DM who can keep possession for his team is seen as the best antidote that a headless chicken fouling machine that runs around the pitch crashing into people and conceding fouls. Hence why I kept screaming all summer for Rabiot to be the number 1 name on Man Utd's summer shopping list (and he was available for FREE!). Failing that Neves can be bought for maybe 55-60 million, plus maybe sending a surplus to requirements player to Wolves (Young, Jones, or Smalling).

marko wrote: what a pass, very Pogba like! Man utd should try and get him in January transfer if we can! He has premiership experience and is a decent player, we dont need names to sell shirts and what not, we can even offer Lingard in exchange!
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ROmelu Lukaku:

They have to find somebody. It is Pogba, it is me or it is Alexis. It's the three of us all the time.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... egoat.html
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Other popular scapegoats were Lingard, Rashford, Martial, Ashley Young (Huge), Smalling, Jones, Shaw etc. Even De Gea was not spared. It is expected when things go wrong at a club with huge fan base like Man United. You guys were hired to play football on very huge pay, football involves lots of money and emotion, you did your very best but it didn't work out as it should. It happens even at small town local clubs - fans are fans and you have the ugly, the bad and the good :mrgreen: .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:ROmelu Lukaku:

They have to find somebody. It is Pogba, it is me or it is Alexis. It's the three of us all the time.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... egoat.html
More importantly i remember at some point the club wanted Mandzukic in the transfer window.

So is it true to say Lukaku has not been replaced like for like.
What would be the plan right now, is Ole hoping Rashford, Martial Lingard can fill in that gap or will there be another attempt to replace Lukaku in January
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Marko, your team is down a goal at home to Crystal Palace? Is it still Mourinho's fault?

When will they sack Ole at the wheels?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:Marko, your team is down a goal at home to Crystal Palace? Is it still Mourinho's fault?

When will they sack Ole at the wheels?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Marko, you lost at home to Crystal Palace. Remember you have the team to win CL. You've strengthened the team and replace the coach who was holding you back.

Care to explain what happen today?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:Marko, you lost at home to Crystal Palace. Remember you have the team to win CL. You've strengthened the team and replace the coach who was holding you back.

We are awaiting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Marko, you lost at home to Crystal Palace. Remember you have the team to win CL. You've strengthened the team and replace the coach who was holding you back.

Unfortunately i did not lose, man united did, great difference and my name is not Glazer! Just a fan!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Next assignment, Southampton away.
Another bogey team for United, but why does United have a lot of small bogey teams nowadays :biggrin:

Woodward might find that January is too far to look for a striker, they might have to use Sanchez after all
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:Next assignment, Southampton away.
Another bogey team for United, but why does United have a lot of small bogey teams nowadays :biggrin:

Woodward might find that January is too far to look for a striker, they might have to use Sanchez after all
To keep Sanchez out of the team while playing all those clowns I see on the pitch is the picture of a big club being run to the ground by people who should be running a nickey mouse club.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Unfortunately i did not lose, man united did, great difference and my name is not Glazer! Just a fan!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Now he is "just a fan" :oops: :lol: :lol: Chei! Now you know you are not a "Glazer?" abi? :rotf: see e head like "okpo!" what a loser! :lol:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:

To keep Sanchez out of the team while playing all those clowns I see on the pitch is the picture of a big club being run to the ground by people who should be running a nickey mouse club.
My query with you guys is that when a manager like Mourinho was calling out those people that you now call clowns, the whole world of people turned against him and made him the problem.
To be missing goalscoring chances and penalties like that is exactly what quickly upset Jose and he didn't mince his words.

The kind of style Ole is trying to play is the kind of style that needs attacking players to be consistently finishing chances, and even half chances.
That's what makes Liverpool & City very scary prospects, anytime they go attacking, an opposing team needs to be so alert that they abandon attacking for long phases of the game :rotf:

Rashford, Martial and Lingard are not yet at the level where they scare the highlights out of defenders and opposing coaches.

I hope Alexis Sanchez pulls Ole out of this hole.
If i remember correctly it was Lukaku who rescued Ole at PSG away in Paris with deadly finishes.
Some of these losses are not bad luck.
Last edited by benteke on Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

My query with you guys is that when a manager like Mourinho was calling out those people you now call clowns, the whole world of people turned against him and made him the problem.
To be missing goalscoring chances and penalties like that is exactly what quickly upset Jose and he didn't mince his words.

The kind of style Ole is trying to play is the kind of style that needs attacking players to be consistently finishing chances, and even half chances.
That's what makes Liverpool & City very scary prospects, anytime they go attacking a team needs to be so alert that they abandon attacking for long phases of the game :rotf:

Rashford Martial and Lingard are not yet at the level where they scare the highlights out of defenders and opposing coaches.

If i remember correctly it was Lukaku who rescued Ole at PSG away in Paris with deadly finishes.
:D
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

My query with you guys is that when a manager like Mourinho was calling out those people that you now call clowns, the whole world of people turned against him and made him the problem.

That's what makes Liverpool & City very scary prospects, anytime they go attacking, an opposing team needs to be so alert that they abandon attacking for long phases of the game :rotf:

Rashford, Martial and Lingard are not yet at the level where they scare the highlights out of defenders and opposing coaches.

Jose was a problem on his own. His history in the game is awash with enough incidents to make his sack a whole different issue while trying to find a solution to the problem that United was already bedivilled with.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

Jose was a problem on his own. His history in the game is awash with enough incidents to make his sack a whole different issue while trying to find a solution to the problem that United was already bedivilled with.
What i am saying is that a lot of the stuff he pointed out about some players is exactly the stuff that you guys also notice right now. He was very unforgiving in his comments , they must have frustrated him in the same way that they do to you such that you call them clowns.
Ole will soon run out of patience if his team keeps dominating games and dropping points because of clowns :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

What i am saying is that a lot of the stuff he pointed out about some players is exactly the stuff that you guys also notice right now. He was very unforgiving in his comments , they must have frustrated him in the same way that they do to you such that you call them clowns.
Ole will soon run out of patience if his team keeps dominating games and dropping points because of clowns :biggrin:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Look at the hypocrisy! And people wonder why the English are hated in football and why their players never improve.

Pogba needs to leave that club for them this week. let them sink with their brexit.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

Let us just say Ole was swimming in waters ouy of his depth. I am just so happy that this experiment, this so called United way experiment is turning out to be a farce.
Ole was just a mask Fergie wanted to put over the face of Phelan. Have you ever seen a bench where the manager looks clueless and all his assistants turn match day and match events into a coaches meeting,while the manager looks on as if to say, I told you folks "ko le werk".

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

Let us just say Ole was swimming in waters ouy of his depth. I am just so happy that this experiment, this so called United way experiment is turning out to be a farce.
Ole was just a mask Fergie wanted to put over the face of Phelan. Have you ever seen a bench where the manager looks clueless and all his assistants turn match day and match events into a coaches meeting,while the manager looks on as if to say, I told you folks "ko le werk".
The only way! :clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Poor refereeing and VAR yesterday against Palace. All the talk will be off Rashford missing a penalty (which was well struck BTW and on another day would have gone in off the inside of the post). United should have had THREE penalties yesterday. How did VAR not award a penalty after Kelly wrestled Martial to the floor in the box like some Olympic wrestler? Arguably there should have been a third Rashford was also fouled in the box after his penalty miss by Kelly - again. Arguably those 2 challenges by Kelly on Martial and Rashford should have = red card.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Since Marko argued that United's players are at the same level as PSG players:
:D