Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

1) TBD
2) How are you "sure"?
3) True. It is not your club either. By that logic you should stop supporting or commenting on the club then. :dream:
4) I sincerely hope that is not true.
5) More than 350K per week (or whatever ludicrous sum he is on) for Sanchez?
tfco wrote:
1. is he in the 1st team, or the academy
2. I am sure there's a minimum wage structure in place
3. It is not your money
4. he will be the lowest paid player in the first team
5. we will/should buy more players, and even pay them more. Glazers have underinvested in the squad
Last edited by wiseone on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

dear marko, is this the sort of overhaul you wanted at United?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
Is this "new challenge" going to be at his old place or a new place?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Thing is United fans sometimes don't do themselves favours.
I saw some video end of last season a United fan abusing Pogba at Old Trafford. Players are like a community, so they also watched that, and the foreign ones will think twice about Old Trafford when they see such stuff.

Factor in that United no longer has a manager with that pull factor, i mean which world class players want to be improving their trajectory under Ole Gunnar.

So United will now be going in a different trajectory, and that is one thing i was.worried about when it became clear that Jose is coming to an end, I've never trusted United to replace him well. Amyway i think United fans are in for a shoddy ride, but they made their bed and they must lie in it.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

benteke wrote:Thing is United fans sometimes don't do themselves favours.
I saw some video end of last season a United fan abusing Pogba at Old Trafford. Players are like a community, so they also watched that, and the foreign ones will think twice about Old Trafford when they see such stuff.

Factor in that United no longer has a manager with that pull factor, i mean which world class players want to be improving their trajectory under Ole Gunnar.

So United will now be going in a different trajectory, and that is one thing i was.worried about when it became clear that Jose is coming to an end, I've never trusted United to replace him well. Amyway i think United fans are in for a shoddy ride, but they made their bed and they must lie in it.
It's not like Madrid is known to be tolerant of underperforming players.

As an aside I find it funny people acted like they had to choose between keeping Mourinho or losing Pogba, and now it seems like they'll just do both anyway.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i had never thought about that until recently

hmm, this coming season is gonna be very interesting

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Pogba did not do himself any favors.
Still riding on the euphoria of winning the world cup, came back to club and slumped, wanting to be the oga patapata.
They say, 'you can't have 2 captains on a ship', that there was the down fall of the club.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kalani JR wrote:

It's not like Madrid is known to be tolerant of underperforming players.

As an aside I find it funny people acted like they had to choose between keeping Mourinho or losing Pogba, and now it seems like they'll just do both anyway.
It was always going to be that way. Jose lost more than Pogba,he lost the dressing room. As for Pogba , some players imho do not have the ability to carry the prize tag on their head. Messi maybe a nasty work in the dressing room,he maybe be influencing the coaches and the management at Barca, but on the field he carries the team, ditto Ronnie boy. Many players who have the opportunity of greatness bestowed on them wanted to be given the Messi or Ronnie treatment by their clubs but go hiding when it comes for them to carry the team. That for me is where Pogba fell short. That is why clubs need to think twice before shelling some obscene money on players.

You buy a player for an obscene amount, you are not only putting you money at risk, you also put the job of the coach at risk, because if the player comes in and becomes an unneccesary distraction, sacking the coach in order not to lose your investment becomes a viable option.

Paying off Jose 20 milla is cheaper than flogging Pogba for less than what they bought him for, it is a simple mathematics. When you sign a player on 5 year contract on the salary of 400 k per week, you have compromised the job of your coach if that player comes in and does not pull his weight. You are stuck with trying to get rid of the player, good luck trying to convince the player to go to another club on a lesser pay. If you spend stupidly , it will come back to bite you.

Sanchez is chilling at Old Trafford,while Baie is looking forward to playing golf for at Madrid for the remainder of his contract time there. This will become a problem for Zidane next season, because the club would want him to play Bale as they cannot continue to pay a player 500k per week only to play golf.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I still do wonder why they made the Ole appointment during the season (after initially saying they would not appoint a permanent manager until the end of the season). Especially as they knew that: (a) more coaches would become available at the end of the season following the usual end of season sackings and resignation; and (b) Ole was not going anywhere else in mid-season.

Allegri and Conte are now available.

In other news Sky Sports claims that Man Utd bid 45 million pounds plus a player (defender) for West Ham's Issa Diop.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -issa-diop

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:

i had never thought about that until recently

hmm, this coming season is gonna be very interesting
With Ole, realistically its going to be signings like Daniel James, youngish players who want to make a name for thrmselves, as it is Wan Bissaka is another target.
It could be a good thing though because they will mostly be hungry players, but when it comes to the big games and big competitions that's where problems may start.
United may get the odd superstar, but sometime we see players actually say they want to play under Klopp or Pep Guardiola.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

dear wise one

dem wan sell Axel T o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

WTF?! :shock: To whom? Why?!

I see another Pique-Pogba-Zaha situation here...
tfco wrote:dear wise one

dem wan sell Axel T o
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Pogba will receive an astonishing £3.78million loyalty bonus from Manchester United, despite claiming it might be time to leave Old Trafford in search of a 'new challenge'.

Pogba's bumper pay-out is due on July 1, just two weeks after he made the startling admission about his future while on a promotional visit to Tokyo.

The unsettled Frenchman's loyalty payment has gone up from the £3.46m he received last year under the terms of his five-year contract at United
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He would certainly be my choice at Right Back if I was the coach. Then I will try to see if I can send Dalot the other way, on loan-- he needs to work on his defensive ability + positioning + get conditioned to the league. A full EPL season, playing every game, will help him.

Then, Move for Chillwell to be the starter at left back, making Shaw and Young the substitute.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If that is true, then they have already spent 70% of their transfer budget....
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:If that is true, then they have already spent 70% of their transfer budget....
Does anything stop him from raising money through sales?

Oh! Yea, a serious director of football does, actually. :lol: