Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:If that is true, then they have already spent 70% of their transfer budget....
I'm also not sure if it's true.
But last season United spent much less than 100million and Jose started kicking off .

Anyway we shall see
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Trouble is Man Utd will find it hard to increase their transfer budget by selling players. The only players they can make big profit on are those they do not want to sell (DDG, Pogba), or those that no one will buy (Sanchez).
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:Trouble is Man Utd will find it hard to increase their transfer budget by selling players. The only players they can make big profit on are those they do not want to sell (DDG, Pogba), or those that no one will buy (Sanchez).
You guys don't have academic players?Buying buying is not the solution.Lookat Ajax and Spurs without buying.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd do not have "academic" players. To my knowledge no member of the first team is on the faculty of a university.

However several players have come through the youth team in recent years. One lad called Paul won the world cup or something last summer. Another lad called Marcus is a forward - quick as a greyhound. Another is called J-Lingz. Spends way too much time on social media but when he is not posting videos on Instagram of himself acting like a twat, he is a good counter-attacking player. Another lad is called Scott. At age 18yo, the coaches were worried that his 5ft 6in frame was too small for pro football. 1.5 years later he had grown to 6ft 4 inches tall. Growing 10 inches in a year and a half is not bad
kajifu wrote:
wiseone wrote:Trouble is Man Utd will find it hard to increase their transfer budget by selling players. The only players they can make big profit on are those they do not want to sell (DDG, Pogba), or those that no one will buy (Sanchez).
You guys don't have academic players?Buying buying is not the solution.Lookat Ajax and Spurs without buying.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

United has agreed a fee and will sign Wan Bissaka.

For United fans, follow this guy on twitter.
https://twitter.com/CraigNorwood

I believe he works at your club as a club photograher(?). He announces United deals before the club announces it officially.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

BBC Radio claimed that as part of AWB's transfer to Man Utd, Palace asked for Man Utd to eliminate or reduce the sell on clause they put in Zaha's contract when they sold him to Palace a few years ago. Utd sold him to Palace for 6 million and put a 25% sell on clause in the deal. Palace have got some cheek asking for that clause to be removed or reduced after they got Zaha for a pittance (2 years after selling him to Man Utd for 15 million!). If Palace get their way, they would make nearly 60 million in profit off Man Utd for the AWB and Zaha transfers:

1) Sold Zaha to Man Utd for 15 million.
2) Bought back Zaha for 6 million (in real terms Man Utd paid Palace 9 million to take a Man Utd player!).
3) Man Utd buy AWB for 50 million.

Total profit to Palace = 59 million

They must think Man Utd are mugs!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

BRAINLESS headless chicken don chop United money o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Its actually 300K, Man united board dont have the upper edge anymore due to our sorry state of affairs, Adidas warned united that they need to keep their star players like Pogba due to the terms of the contract, i hear Pogba has been offered 500K to stay but he wants away, a man in his prime should be playing champions league football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:BRAINLESS headless chicken don chop United money o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bad belle people as as dem finish my boy because of jealousy :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I understand United made a £70million bid for McGuire which was promptly turned down by Leicester.

Now this is exactly the same defender that Mourinho asked for last summer and he was told the club has good enough defenders or something like that.
Why didn't they just do all of this last season I wonder
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

McGuire is a decent and solid CD, but he is not exactly the second coming of Baresi or Nesta is he? Rather than blowing that kind of money on a player who is not a major upgrade on the players currently at the club, I would rather: (a) try and develop Tuanzebe and transition him into the first team, and/or (b) spend that money on De Ligt instead (if he fancies a challenge and if he is crazy enough to turn down Juve and Barca so he can live in a rain sodden city and play for a transitioning team in the Europa League).

I hope Man Utd do not sign McGuire.
benteke wrote:I understand United made a £70million bid for McGuire which was promptly turned down by Leicester.

Now this is exactly the same defender that Mourinho asked for last summer and he was told the club has good enough defenders or something like that.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:I understand United made a £70million bid for McGuire which was promptly turned down by Leicester.

WHY DONT YOU OPEN A NEW MANU THREAD?
IF YOU GUYS HAVE SIGN HIM LAST YEAR,THIS YEAR HE WOULD BE IN THE MARKET AND IT WILL BE ANOTHE R NEW PLAYERS YOU GUYS WILL GO AFTER.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:McGuire is a decent and solid CD, but he is not exactly the second coming of Baresi or Nesta is he? Rather than blowing that kind of money on a player who is not a major upgrade on the players currently at the club, I would rather: (a) try and develop Tuanzebe and transition him into the first team, and/or (b) spend that money on De Ligt instead (if he fancies a challenge and if he is crazy enough to turn down Juve and Barca so he can live in a rain sodden city and play for a transitioning team in the Europa League).

I also don't understand, it's a like United doesn't have scouts at all.
Surely this McGuire can't be the only defender available.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:

WHY DONT YOU OPEN A NEW MANU THREAD?
IF YOU GUYS HAVE SIGN HIM LAST YEAR,THIS YEAR HE WOULD BE IN THE MARKET AND IT WILL BE ANOTHE R NEW PLAYERS YOU GUYS WILL GO AFTER.
This one is fine no problems at all everyone seems happy with it thank you :biggrin:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Because unlike fans of some other clubs, we do not like to pollute CE with tons of new threads about the same club.
kajifu wrote: WHY DONT YOU OPEN A NEW MANU THREAD?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

70 million for Maguire :lol: :lol: :lol: money miss road
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They do have (very good) scouts. The same scouts that recommended Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt to the club before they became famous. Only to have the club town down their recommendation...

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/unite ... jax-187547
benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:McGuire is a decent and solid CD, but he is not exactly the second coming of Baresi or Nesta is he? Rather than blowing that kind of money on a player who is not a major upgrade on the players currently at the club, I would rather: (a) try and develop Tuanzebe and transition him into the first team, and/or (b) spend that money on De Ligt instead (if he fancies a challenge and if he is crazy enough to turn down Juve and Barca so he can live in a rain sodden city and play for a transitioning team in the Europa League).

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:They do have (very good) scouts. The same scouts that recommended Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt to the club before they became famous. Only to have the club town down their recommendation...

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/unite ... jax-187547
benteke wrote:

I still don't understand @wiseone. Who exactly was doing the rejection.
We can just say the club, but who exactly is that one.
Even last season Jose had his target transfer list rejected by "the club" , but who exactly is that one.
I don't understand how United works :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:70 million for Maguire :lol: :lol: :lol: money miss road
The players they have purchased this summer arent quite bad. They are very promising and with a great coach, could be very good. The problem is that none of the players they have bought can help them challenge for the title.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Why can't we go for Matip at Liverpool?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

bamenda boy wrote:Why can't we go for Matip at Liverpool?
No maybe if he first puts in a transfer request to go to Spurs then Spurs will happily take money off United.
Never directly, it has never happened :biggrin:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

There is more chance of Trump selling nuclear warheads to Iran and North Korea than there is of Liverpool selling a player to Man Utd! When was the last time you recall Liverpool accepting a transfer bid from Man Utd?...
bamenda boy wrote:Why can't we go for Matip at Liverpool?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

They should go for someone like Hermoso, Andersen or even Bednarek.