Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote: In other news, Marcos Rojo has the worst distribution of any Manchester United LB I have ever seen. Denis Irwin, Paddy Evra, Phil Neville, and Arthur Albiston are shaking their head somewhere right now. Heck even the teenage Cameron Borthwick-Jackson is a better crosser than Rojo.
+Gabriel Heinze

Rojo is suspect. Luke Shaw cannot return soon enough. It's been t long, i even forgot we had a capable LB

Hopefully CBJ gets more games next season and we can relegate Rojo to Cup games

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Not strange at all. The only players in that squad who have been consistent all season are De Gea, Smalling, Blind, and Martial.

Smalling has been excellent all season. His only rival for POTS was De Gea.

In other news, Marcos Rojo has the worst distribution of any Manchester United LB I have ever seen. Denis Irwin, Paddy Evra, Phil Neville, and Arthur Albiston are shaking their head somewhere right now. Heck even the teenage Cameron Borthwick-Jackson is a better crosser than Rojo.
tfco wrote::shock:

Chris Smalling voted as Players' Player of The Season.

Strange.

Maybe the most improved, but...

True, let's remember the season started in August, and all along majority of the time Smalling has been immense, albeit with a few mistakes here and there.

That list is correct @Wiseone.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

At least Heinze was a good defender. Rojo is not good at that either.
Hopefully Shaw + Martial on the left will make Man Utd more dynamic on that side of the pitch next season. The fact that CBJ (the FOURTH choice LB) even got a game shows how absurd Man Utd's injury crisis was this season.
tfco wrote:+Gabriel Heinze

Rojo is suspect. Luke Shaw cannot return soon enough. It's been t long, i even forgot we had a capable LB

Hopefully CBJ gets more games next season and we can relegate Rojo to Cup games[/color]
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu fans small hope dey oooh.
We we beat City and you guys win all your 3 games then you finish ahead of city.A d raw also will do it for you guys but you guys must win.
It will be nice to see Pep in europa
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

my analysis of ManU is that they are too young upfront (Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Depay). Most of them are promising but they need real current quality up there, not guys who may one day become quality. But what do i know?

Since LVG likes working with young players, has he thought thought about raiding your North-east London feeder club. Adding Kane + one of Erickson/Lamela/Dele Ali won't be a bad move.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Those players are playing for the team in second place and will play in the Champions League. Why would they leave to go and play for a team in 5th that probably will not play in the Champions League next season?

It is ironic that three young attackers (Rashford, Lingard, Martial) are keeping other far more experienced players out of the team (Mata, Depay, Young, Herrera).
amafolas wrote:my analysis of ManU is that they are too young upfront (Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Depay). Most of them are promising but they need real current quality up there, not guys who may one day become quality. But what do i know?

Since LVG likes working with young players, has he thought thought about raiding your North-east London feeder club. Adding Kane + one of Erickson/Lamela/Dele Ali won't be a bad move.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu this is a time you guys need to call Wenger and beg him.If we beat City you guys can over take them.
Give us Martial and you guys play CL footie.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

wiseone wrote:At least Heinze was a good defender. Rojo is not good at that either.
Hopefully Shaw + Martial on the left will make Man Utd more dynamic on that side of the pitch next season. The fact that CBJ (the FOURTH choice LB) even got a game shows how absurd Man Utd's injury crisis was this season.
tfco wrote:+Gabriel Heinze

Hopefully CBJ gets more games next season and we can relegate Rojo to Cup games[/color]
With clowns like Rojo and Otamendi...............now i see why Argentina are so sugar.
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Astonishing that Rojo has played in a World Cup final. :shock:
Otamendi can be impetuous and flies into rash tackles. Yet Man City paid 40 million odd for him - which shows how rare high quality defenders have become in this era. To think that Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Walker, Cafu, Kohler, Augenthaler, Hierro, and Sensini all played in the same era.
rasak74 wrote: Rojo is suspect. Luke Shaw cannot return soon enough. It's been t long, i even forgot we had a capable LB

Hopefully CBJ gets more games next season and we can relegate Rojo to Cup games

With clowns like Rojo and Otamendi...............now i see why Argentina are so sugar.
Last edited by wiseone on Sat May 07, 2016 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

wiseone wrote:Astonishing that Rojo has played in a World Cup final. :shock:
Otamendi can me impetuous and flies into rash tackles. Yet Man City paid 40 million odd for him - which shows how rare high quality defenders have become in this era. To think that Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Walker, Cafu, Kohler, Augenthaler, Hierro, and Sensing all played in the same era.
rasak74 wrote: Rojo is suspect. Luke Shaw cannot return soon enough. It's been t long, i even forgot we had a capable LB

With clowns like Rojo and Otamendi...............now i see why Argentina are so sugar.[/quote][/quote]

Imagine Ayala playing with this current team...............Now that's a good defender there.
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1) Depay's "performances" are getting more tragic. He has got to be really careful in order to avoid becoming the next Bebe. The number of times that Man Utd moves break down when the ball gets to him is abysmal.

2) Is Darmian made of glass? He is really fragile and breaks down so easily. His latest comeback lasted 10 minutes before he once again got injured the first time someone came near him.

3) Today proves what I have always said: Rojo is a better CD than LB. At CD he can just focus on kicking and heading the ball away (which he can do) rather than playing at LB which these days involves lots of time to run with, pass, and cross the ball (all of which Rojo is utterly woeful at).
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:1) Depay's "performances" are getting more tragic. He has got to be really careful in order to avoid becoming the next Bebe. The number of times that Man Utd moves break down when the ball gets to him is abysmal.

2) Is Darmian made of glass? He is really fragile and breaks down so easily. His latest comeback lasted 10 minutes before he once again got injured the first time someone came near him.

3) Today proves what I have always said: Rojo is a better CD than LB. At CD he can just focus on kicking and heading the ball away (which he can do) rather than playing at LB which these days involves lots of time to run with, pass, and cross the ball (all of which Rojo is utterly woeful at).
:clap: :clap:

Depay was woeful against Norwich and I'd hate to see him start against WHU

Rojo was brilliant as a CB. I gave him good marks. Very impressed.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

WHU (away)

Bournemouth (home)

simple.

win both and we're in.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

LVG's team selection against Norwich made sense (resting Blind and Rashford - both of whom have been overworked lately). Rojo had a good game against Norwich. He is a basic defender in the Steve Bruce or John Terry mould ("block and clearance" type of defender). He is not the type to elegantly stride 20 yards forward with the ball at his feet or spray the ball around like a Sammer or Koeman.

WHU away is always a tough game. Those east-enders love to give Man Utd a hard time. Could have done with big Fellaini in the team to counteract the aerial strength of Carroll at set pieces.

I would play Schneiderlin against WHU. Depay should not even be on the bench let alone the first 11. His place in the squad should go to Januzaj, Pereira, or Young. Speaking of which: where is Ashley Young? Has he been abducted?
tfco wrote:
:clap: :clap:

Depay was woeful against Norwich and I'd hate to see him start against WHU

Rojo was brilliant as a CB. I gave him good marks. Very impressed.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i dey shake o

i dey shake

Win this game and we cool
Lose or draw and we'll rely on Andre Ayew and the Swans to beat City

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

WHU v Man Utd kick-off delayed by 45 minutes after the Man Utd team coach was ambushed, attacked, and smashed up by West Ham fans. Classy.

https://t.co/l4lbrWZcp0

VIDEO: http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/ ... hmXSkyQKDc

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/ ... ymccMwkHvK

Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 10, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:WHU v Man Utd kick-off delayed by 45 minutes after the Man Utd team coach was ambushed, attacked, and smashed up by West Ham fans. Classy.

https://t.co/l4lbrWZcp0

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/ ... ymccMwkHvK

Wow in others news its City fans that act like West Ham fans so they can disturb the team and manu should drop points today.
Thank God I will meet the game at home
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so wetin be the fans anger? The london police must be inept ala naija police
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I take it you are not acquainted by the "demeanour" of West Ham fans when they have had a pint or two and are "provoked" by the sight of Man Utd footballers coming to play a football match.

To compound matters, West Ham's chairman David Sullivan came out with moronic comments:

"Man Utd should have got here at 4pm. They made the same mistake as Spurs. I'd make them kick off at 7:45 - I think the police have been kind to them."

A riot and attempted lynching is occurring outside his club's stadium and he basically condoned it and said the police we "kind" to Man Utd?! :shock:
mcal wrote:...so wetin be the fans anger? The london police must be inept ala naija police
Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

west ham fans reverting to type
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

relying on Swansea

last game of the season

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Forget that. It is over. Man Utd do not deserve to be in the CL. On this form, with this squad, and with this manager, they would be an embarrassment in the CL.

They did not mess things up today. What has cost them is their inability to hold a lead and see out a game from winning positions. They were 2-0 up against Newcastle and ended up drawing after an injury time goal. They were winning against Chelsea and conceded an injury time equaliser after that brainless "pass" by Depay. They conceded a goal in the dying minutes against Southampton. The dropped points from those games (which would have them in 3rd place above Arsenal if they could have just concentrated for another few seconds) is what cost them.
tfco wrote:relying on Swansea

last game of the season
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Forget that. It is over. Man Utd do not deserve to be in the CL. On this form, with this squad, and with this manager, they would be an embarrassment in the CL.

They did not mess things up today. What has cost them is their inability to hold a lead and see out a game from winning positions. They were 2-0 up against Newcastle and ended up drawing after an injury time goal. They were winning against Chelsea and conceded an injury time equaliser after that brainless "pass" by Depay. They conceded a goal in the dying minutes against Southampton. The dropped points from those games (which would have them in 3rd place above Arsenal if they could have just concentrated for another few seconds) is what cost them.
tfco wrote:relying on Swansea

last game of the season
That's true. @Wiseone.

When it was 2-1, the first thing that came to my mind is how long can these guys hold on to that lead, and true to form they collapsed.
Same thing they did when Wolfsburg knocked out of Champions League.