Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by oloye »

Give this same team to a coach who knows what he is doing and watch the same team at least try to look like a better team than Newcastle. No matter how bad this team might be looking , they are better than the nonsense clueless tactical display on show every time.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:Indictment on the board, not OGS! They wanted to save money by not investing, shareholders have to be paid dividends, no champions league, the club cut costs, its that simple, they announced record revenues of 650 Million pounds, i suspected the timing of the club figures, if the board sacks OGS, they will prove to be incompetent, so they are in a deep fix, i am afraid, no way out for them, i am just happy Pogba is not playing and Martial, without them 2 , we look like a championship side, why OGS has to play James on the right to compensate Rashford? This job is a bit too much, he has proven to be incompetent, the board are incompetent as well, so basically it is a badly run club, those financial figures is whats holding the club together

I expect heads to roll, but not what we expect, there will be a scapegoat
You are right about the board but I disagree with you about OGS. He is a clueless manager and certainly not good enough for this level. There is a reason why some of us, despite knowing the issues with the management, never gave Van Gaal or Mourinho any room for excuses. You are still getting paid, so you have to do a good job or you resign if you are limited. If you opt for the money and stay then sorry, no excuse! You take the blame as you take the money to compensate for your decision to stay.

I am absolutely enjoying this. I was banking on Arsenal to stick it in and turn it last week but Arsenal is Arsenal. Today, Newcastle did it and I expect more and more this season. Let the board and the shareholders keep enjoying the money but we all know that if this continues, it will start shrinking and they will get the message. Man United's overhead is huge, so this is not Leeds United. They will feel it at the right moment, and the age of the internet will help with the heat on their opportunist butts :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:Indictment on the board, not OGS! They wanted to save money by not investing, shareholders have to be paid dividends, no champions league, the club cut costs, its that simple, they announced record revenues of 650 Million pounds, i suspected the timing of the club figures, if the board sacks OGS, they will prove to be incompetent, so they are in a deep fix, i am afraid, no way out for them, i am just happy Pogba is not playing and Martial, without them 2 , we look like a championship side, why OGS has to play James on the right to compensate Rashford? This job is a bit too much, he has proven to be incompetent, the board are incompetent as well, so basically it is a badly run club, those financial figures is whats holding the club together

I expect heads to roll, but not what we expect, there will be a scapegoat
You are right about the board but I disagree with you about OGS. He is a clueless manager and certainly not good enough for this level. There is a reason why some of us, despite knowing the issues with the management, never gave Van Gaal or Mourinho any room for excuses. You are still getting paid, so you have to do a good job or you resign if you are limited. If you opt for the money and stay then sorry, no excuse! You take the blame as you take the money to compensate for your decision to stay.

I am absolutely enjoying this. I was banking on Arsenal to stick it in and turn it last week but Arsenal is Arsenal. Today, Newcastle did it and I expect more and more this season. Let the board and the shareholders keep enjoying the money but we all know that if this continues, it will start shrinking and they will get the message. Man United's overhead is huge, so this is not Leeds United. They will feel it at the right moment, and the age of the internet will help with the heat on their opportunist butts :lol: :lol:
The board and the pundits dont care about online rantings, they are immune, as far as their dividends are paid, its business as usual, if the fans decide they had enough, they will make changes, on match day, as far as its sold out crowd, business as usual, Like i said earlier, they know the fans are angry and disgusted, they will make some political moves to appease, if the Glazers are really concerned, they will remove Woodward from anything to do with football, the man is a failure

As for OGS, i will give you props if you resign, dont let guys damage the little credibility you have left!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

2 points from RZ.

And Everton is in the red zone.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:Give this same team to a coach who knows what he is doing and watch the same team at least try to look like a better team than Newcastle. No matter how bad this team might be looking , they are better than the nonsense clueless tactical display on show every time.
OGS is clearly out of his depth, i said if he had integrity, he should resign, the players dont trust his methods and we are seeing this on the pitch! If you cannot bet your points across to the players, then you should leave, i also feel Pogba feigning injury, he does not want to be part of this mess we are cureently seeing
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:Give this same team to a coach who knows what he is doing and watch the same team at least try to look like a better team than Newcastle. No matter how bad this team might be looking , they are better than the nonsense clueless tactical display on show every time.
OGS is clearly out of his depth, i said if he had integrity, he should resign, the players dont trust his methods and we are seeing this on the pitch! If you cannot bet your points across to the players, then you should leave, i also feel Pogba feigning injury, he does not want to be part of this mess we are cureently seeing

Ole soja is clueless, he has no point to get across. :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kako wrote:
marko wrote:

Ole soja is clueless, he has no point to get across. :D
2 points from relegation zone! Just announced record revenues, something is clearly wrong and something has to give! The Glazers will learn the hard way, when i saw DeGea running up for the last corner kick, that was an act of desperation! The fans will drive these people out of town

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...but the players nko, wey no fit trap, pass ball, they are more clueless than the coaching staff.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:...but the players nko, wey no fit trap, pass ball, they are more clueless than the coaching staff.
Are these players really that bad? I thought Pogba was the toxic one! The amount of toxicity at the club, right from top to bottom, in a way, i am happy things are developing right in our faces, the board and the Glazers have forgotten it was the football not the commercial ventures that made united, if they needed any reminding of this fact, they have just got it in the worse possible way, 2 points away from relegation zone, if the worse was to happen, there will be an exodus of players, Pogba will only be worth 40-50 million, nobody will pay for our players, so years cooking the books, everything will crash, the club is afloat because they can still finish in the top 6, tonight, i believe there will be a conference call between the Glazers and Woodward, some short term decisions will be made once again, just the other day, they talked about a 3 year plan, they better start planning for possible life away from the premiership, the type of football we playing is not even fit for the championship!

The rot has really set in and this time there are no escape routes, i will expect Pogba to force a move and possibly go on strike to get what he wants, he just cannot stay at this club, he should not be lart of the sinking ship

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:
mcal wrote:...but the players nko, wey no fit trap, pass ball, they are more clueless than the coaching staff.
Are these players really that bad? I thought Pogba was the toxic one! The amount of toxicity at the club, right from top to bottom, in a way, i am happy things are developing right in our faces, the board and the Glazers have forgotten it was the football not the commercial ventures that made united, if they needed any reminding of this fact, they have just got it in the worse possible way, 2 points away from relegation zone, if the worse was to happen, there will be an exodus of players, Pogba will only be worth 40-50 million, nobody will pay for our players, so years cooking the books, everything will crash, the club is afloat because they can still finish in the top 6, tonight, i believe there will be a conference call between the Glazers and Woodward, some short term decisions will be made once again, just the other day, they talked about a 3 year plan, they better start planning for possible life away from the premiership, the type of football we playing is not even fit for the championship!

The rot has really set in and this time there are no escape routes, i will expect Pogba to force a move and possibly go on strike to get what he wants, he just cannot stay at this club, he should not be lart of the sinking ship
We have the players to beat PSG. Mourinho is holding the team back. Once he is gone we will compete for the EPL and CL. Ole is now at the wheel. We need him to play youth players. We want it the United way. Rashy Rashy Rashy!

Pay Pogba £1m per week to stay.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:

We have the players to beat PSG. Mourinho is holding the team back. Once he is gone we will compete for the EPL and CL. Ole is now at the wheel. We need him to play youth players. We want it the United way. Rashy Rashy Rashy!

Don’t mind Marko. He thinks we have forgotten. I don’t have time to uproot his posts.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

green4life wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:

Don’t mind Marko. He thinks we have forgotten. I don’t have time to uproot his posts.
Well feel free to uproot my post, makes no difference to our present situation! The issues i am addressing is right from the top and failure to be proactive, we had the opportunity to do things differently in the summer but they chose to be cheap, they forgotten, the others have caught up, no team has the divine right to quality players

I just feel sorry for OGS, he was thrown right in the deep end as a political appointee, thankfully there is an international break, he will be hoping Pogba and Martial are fit for Liverpool

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Disarray on the football pitch may start catching up

[/video]
Last edited by benteke on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

marko wrote:

...may be his toxicity did impact the players. All started when Alexis Sanchez arrived, just my novice observation.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

It's now very clear that United is a poorly coached team, whatever lack of quality is there becomes even worse.
Leicester has a better manager that's the main difference.

There is some hope, things are not going well for Pochettino, and Allegri is available.

So for all the defiance by the Glazers that they will stand with Ole, they may change their minds of the team keeps hoovering around relegation zone.

But then again the board might replace Ole with Giggs or Phelan. And then back to square one
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
It's now very clear that United is a poorly coached team, whatever lack of quality is there becomes even worse.
Leicester has a better manager that's the main difference.

There is some hope, things are not going well for Pochettino, and Allegri is available.

So for all the defiance by the Glazers that they will stand with Ole, they may change their minds of the team keeps hoovering around relegation zone.

But then again the board might replace Ole with Giggs or Phelan. And then back to square one
They have already made that mistake already, will they be that stupid to appoint Phelan or Giggs? the feel good factor might return for a few games and then what next? what United needs are structures in place, from top to bottom, United league position is not likely to improve, i think after Liverpool, the board will act, They are all about money so united hovering around the relegation zone is not good for its share price, the board only acts when its finances are threatened, they do not really care about the football on the pitch, either way, its a hopeless situation, all this for a club that announced record revenues

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho must be enjoying his severance payment now, lets look at the players he brought in
Dalot-Flop
Fred-Flop
Lindelof-Average
Sanchez-flop
Zlatan-average
Pogba-average/good
Lukaku-Average
Bailly-Average but always injured
Miky-Flop

It has to be taken into perspective! OGS is breaking Mourinho record 1 year later, very ironic, for the wrong reasons, i said OGS should resign and keep his status intact, all the managers united sacked are finding hard to get another managerial job, i think the board have lowered their expectations for this season, they dont want to spend any money to be quite honest, they honestly thought the players were good enough to finish top 6

Right now, i can imagine, they are in a huge crisis, they are aware millions of fans are angry, they are playing a wait and see game, see if Martial, Pogba, Shaw , Bisaka can return to the starting line up, right now they are living in hope, OGS is hoping results improve whiles he continues to display his incompetence

The board have already lined up a replacement, Liverpool will seal his fate!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Mourinho must be enjoying his severance payment now, lets look at the players he brought in
Dalot-Flop
Fred-Flop
Lindelof-Average
Sanchez-flop
Zlatan-average
Pogba-average/good
Lukaku-Average
Bailly-Average but always injured
Miky-Flop

It has to be taken into perspective! OGS is breaking Mourinho record 1 year later, very ironic, for the wrong reasons, i said OGS should resign and keep his status intact, all the managers united sacked are finding hard to get another managerial job, i think the board have lowered their expectations for this season, they dont want to spend any money to be quite honest, they honestly thought the players were good enough to finish top 6

Right now, i can imagine, they are in a huge crisis, they are aware millions of fans are angry, they are playing a wait and see game, see if Martial, Pogba, Shaw , Bisaka can return to the starting line up, right now they are living in hope, OGS is hoping results improve whiles he continues to display his incompetence

The board have already lined up a replacement, Liverpool will seal his fate!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I promised you and I am delivering! You will hurt! You will hurt to your bone-marrow, in a manner you have never hurt before. I will sink you and your club! mark my words! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"Man Utd bought players I would never buy and sold players I would never sell" (Mourinho in 2016 or 2017). They needed a clear-out in the summer. However did they get rid of the wrong players? Would they be a better team with Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling, and Andrew Smith? They needed to bin a CD, but was Smalling the one? I would have thought Jones and Mark Red (with their appalling fitness records) would be on the chopping block before him. Meanwhile Smalling has been playing absolutely ace for Roma and was MOTM last week with the following game stats v Lecce:

Chris Smalling’s game by numbers vs. Lecce:

• 100% aerial duels won (7/7)
• 100% tackles won (2/2)
• most ball recoveries (10)
• joint most shots taken (4)
• most headed clearances (3)
• joint most interceptions (2)
• joint most blocks (2)

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Chukwudi Smalling will be taught the fine art, as opposed to the obscenity that assumes, simply stationing myriad men in the way of the ball, constitutes a science. No one masters the art quite like the Itals?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Mourinho is the one who has ruined Ole's season, he gave all those other teams the tactics to frustrate Ole, live on Sky TV :biggrin:
Mourinho called it with a prediction after United beat Chelsea 4-0 in their Premier League opener. They will beat teams who choose to play an open game, but those who sit back and form a low block will frustrate the Red Devils.

“Chelsea were not compact defensively, too much space to play, not enough aggression on the ball — the defensive line, the midfield, the attack — they were not compact,” he said in the Sky Sports studio on August 11.

“I think United will find it much more difficult to play against teams with low compact blocks.

“If the blocks are low blocks, it will be really difficult for them without a pure striker.”
On the post match below they ask De Gea what's missing and he said everything. The last time i saw United player so confused was during Moyes, but that time relegation was not a worry, this time it's a real possibility if a mixture of bad luck and lack of confidence continues

[/video]